• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The C-Stick

Tutankoopa

Smash Rookie
While in a the middle of a brawl my two friends; One who takes pride in not using the c stick because he thinks it has an advantage, and the other who uses mostly the c stick just because he likes to be able to think fast, got into a fight. He was mad because he got his butt beat by someone who "cheats" using the c stick.

Does anybody here avoid the c stick, or do you think its an absolute must to use it. i myself can say i use them almost evenly.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
In the future, please use the search function. This topic has been done many times before.

But to answer your question, both have pros and cons. Generally, I use the C stick, unless I want to charge a smash.

Phantomwake

Smash Journeyman
The C-stick can give a player an advantage, which is why people use it.
Anyone ignoring the c-stick is not playing at their full potential, not because they have to use it to play their best but because playing with the c-stick as an option is better than playing without it.

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, dude, the C-Stick gives you an advantage. Learn to use it.
You should normally use the C-Stick when smashing, because it's way easier and usually quicker for your fingers to do.
However, you can charge up a smash as a mindgame (because people often get nervous approaching a charged smash attack).
You should ALWAYS charge up a smash to punish a really slow attack like a falcon punch or something(given that you're 100% sure that you can hit). This is pretty situational though, because you're not likely to see anyone with decent skill throwing falcon punches, etc randomly trying to hit you.

So yeah, the C-Stick is an absolute must. And no, it's not cheating.
Your friend should also stop johning too.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
It's just that they get beaten by something simple, they think smashing with the control stick and A is more difficult and thus more hardcore to do, smashing with the C-stick is the ''easy way out'' according to them (at least in my situation it was). They'll grow out of it and find out new ways to annoy you with incorrect morals and standards ;)..

Tacel

Smash Lord
I never use the C Stick.
I guess I just prefer smashing without it.
It would feel weird to start using the C Stick because I'm not used to it at all.

.Marik

is a social misfit
'Sup Tutan. Welcome to SmashBoards.

I personally don't use it, I prefer doing Smashes manually. I've just gotten used to that format, I guess.

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
I use c-stick for everything except jabs, tilts, and nairs. I'm too used to melee where tap jump was always on.

Chuz

Smash Cadet
Saying c-stick is cheap makes as much sense as saying x or y to jump is cheap because the analog stick takes more skill to use...

Vecayse

Smash Apprentice
Saying c-stick is cheap makes as much sense as saying x or y to jump is cheap because the analog stick takes more skill to use...
I totally agree with this. Cstick isn't cheap, or if it is it's as cheap as using X or Y as Chuz said.

DarkWarCloud

Smash Journeyman
thanks indnkid209 of planetrenders for my sig.
Ugh, this has been said a million times and this thread has been done a million times.
The c-stick isn't cheap. Anyone who claims this IS in fact, undeniably a scrub.

The C-stick is just a john, and people who john usually have an unearned sense of self pride. If the said person who is using a john were to actually use the c-stick, he probably still wouldn't win for other reasons.

/Thread

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
After 8 years of Melee and 1 year of Brawl people STILL bring up the C-Stick and call it unfair?

... X_x

FOXYB

Smash Cadet
also,

the C-stick can be used as an up or down tilt depending on the position of your joystick.

who needs the A button? ...jk

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I remember back in the day when I would take pride in myself for not using the C-stick when all my friends used it.

Then I stopped being a scrub.

Top Bottom