• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***The Cave Bi-Weeklies Official Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
yay, my friend can come, so that means that I can go too! I don't want him to be my partner though in doubles will anyone pair up with a ganon player? (I don't think ganon is good in doubles)

khepri

Smash Lord
yay, my friend can come, so that means that I can go too! I don't want him to be my partner though in doubles will anyone pair up with a ganon player? (I don't think ganon is good in doubles)
Ganon can live for a long time as long as his teammate helps him not get edgeguarded, he gives a lot of damage, and he can kill very easily. He is not a bad teammate. Just be careful not to kill your own teammate when you play.

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the insight khepri, I do not have much experience in team matches but I think I would like to give it a try at the upcoming tournament....Will you be my partner T_T
This will be my 1st tournament so don't expect much from me, but i gotta start somewhere.

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
lolol, west coast johns. There are a lot of players in California, i kinda wished i lived there just to be able to have more smashers close by. But I'm starting to find some other players near me. But that still leaves the question of who i can partner up with. I don't think anyone would really WANT to be my partner, but if anyone needs one for Saturday i would be more than happy to team up with you.

Me14k

Smash Lord
Death and Ouendenation do teams together..problem solved.

Halfdemon I am pathetically going to call into the 7/11 tomorrow (after I officially confirm I can go) and im going to ask them to order a couple extra monster biscuits, right?

khepri

Smash Lord
lolol, west coast johns. There are a lot of players in California, i kinda wished i lived there just to be able to have more smashers close by. But I'm starting to find some other players near me. But that still leaves the question of who i can partner up with. I don't think anyone would really WANT to be my partner, but if anyone needs one for Saturday i would be more than happy to team up with you.
Seriously. I've been playing with Lucky, Mango, and the rest of their crew. This past weekend we went up to norcal and played with DBR and the Baysians. SilentSpectre and I played friendlies for like 2 hours nonstop and then team friendlies for another 4 or so. Lunin also gave us some tips.

Me14k

Smash Lord
Seriously. I've been playing with Lucky, Mango, and the rest of their crew. This past weekend we went up to norcal and played with DBR and the Baysians. SilentSpectre and I played friendlies for like 2 hours nonstop and then team friendlies for another 4 or so. Lunin also gave us some tips.
How'd you compare with them?

Zane Fleia/Halfdemon: I 99% have a ride home from the cave. Zane prepare to drive there just in case dillion doesnt go.

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
Death, who do you main?
I main Ganon, and you main samus....I'm pretty sure that would work. Ya know, you can rack up the damage then i finish them off. Plus samus has missiles so you can stand back and shoot those for a while. Lol, hey i just realized your a younger smash player too, sweet. We''l be teh underdogs!!!111

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
I main Ganon, and you main samus....I'm pretty sure that would work. Ya know, you can rack up the damage then i finish them off. Plus samus has missiles so you can stand back and shoot those for a while. Lol, hey i just realized your a younger smash player too, sweet. We''l be teh underdogs!!!111
Samus/Marth, to be exact. My MAIN MAIN is Marth, but I'll use Samus sometimes if the matchup sucks with Marth, or I feel like it. I'll probably use Marth most of the time though.

Heh, I didn't really read your posts before. I normally just skim the thread really quick. If I had, I would've asked you to team. This will be my 4th tourney, and your 1st. So I figure we'll be evenly matched :)

(Rofl, Mars, you SD'd too much in this match)

Zjiin

Smash Master
youtube some CaptainAwesome/Mendoza matches to see how this team works.

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
Oh man, I just watched a lot of CaptainAwsome/Mendoza matches, and they lost in every single one T_T
But i get the basic idea of how they play. This should really help for when I play w/ Ouendanation. Well he said he can use Marth too...maybe that would be better?

Zjiin

Smash Master
Oh man, I just watched a lot of CaptainAwsome/Mendoza matches, and they lost in every single one T_T
But i get the basic idea of how they play. This should really help for when I play w/ Ouendanation. Well he said he can use Marth too...maybe that would be better?
A lot of those are against really good teams like the newlyweds. (husband and wife) If you can do as well as they can, then you'll do pretty decent at the tourney.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Death, watch my videos on youtube. My Samus was trash during the only match I got recorded with me playing Samus. And don't watch my videos against Kit. They're epic fail >__>

khepri

Smash Lord
How'd you compare with them?
SS *****, though I almost beat him once...just once out of a ton of matches we played. I went evenly with bob$ and I beat zelgadis in pools in san jose. I can't beat mango, but I can go even with Lucky and I'm at least as good as the rest of the crew.

Mars-

Smash Champion
I personally think the chicago area has gotten a lot of new players in the past year.
>_> Since Brightside didn't reply to http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3508646&postcount=157 I need a teamate. I can't blame anyone for not wanting to team with me, though. I suckz0rz. At least I'm improving, though, right?
No offence, but I don't think that brightside would want to team with you since your not that good yet.

I'll have to check tonight what match you are talking about tonight, at school right now and youtube is blocked.

BTW, anyone go to DeVry?

Zjiin

Smash Master
Sorry guys I've been crazy busy at work i'll get rankings updated as soon as I can
Work!? You need to prioritize your life. This documentation of the non-profit side hobby...ish thing that you don't specifically partake in is tops on your list, so no more guff.

TOPS.

DaBearX

Smash Journeyman
man, khepris must be getting too good on the WC. In other news I think I can actually make this one... but I should be teaming with ramon.

Snowstorm

Smash Apprentice
Hey Deathanchor me and Ouen are thinking about making a crew and wanted to know if you wanted to join. It would be good to have people to practice with :) (P.S. im young too so it would be a cool crew)

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
Basically that us old guys are not cool...
Lol, True Dat'

Nah, we wouldn't be that cool, we can still be 1337 though while losing all our matches. So anyway I watched almost all your matches snowstorm, you look like we'd be a pretty fair match, though you might be a bit better than me. you pull off Dairs really nicely, you should consider using it to spike more with.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Lol, True Dat'

Nah, we wouldn't be that cool, we can still be 1337 though while losing all our matches. So anyway I watched almost all your matches snowstorm, you look like we'd be a pretty fair match, though you might be a bit better than me. you pull off Dairs really nicely, you should consider using it to spike more with.
So, is that a yes?

(Btw, I've only been playing for a couple months, and I need to play people more often; it's the only way I can improve :( No one around me plays smash)

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
So, is that a yes?

(Btw, I've only been playing for a couple months, and I need to play people more often; it's the only way I can improve :( No one around me plays smash)
Hmmm? What do you mean there's no smashers near you? You have played at the cave before right? And their are a lot of smashers there. Is it really that far from you? What town do you live in?

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Hmmm? What do you mean there's no smashers near you? You have played at the cave before right? And their are a lot of smashers there. Is it really that far from you? What town do you live in?
Yeah, but The Cave is an hour away from me :(/Elk Grove]

(Again, want to join the crew?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom