• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Chain

Jakatsu

Smash Apprentice
So I was listening to SMYN today, and they mentioned how no one used the chain. What improvements do you thing Brawl could add? I think more range of movement, and a much lower start up lag would make the chain a much better move. Y and SP also mentioned making it a tether recovery, which in my opinion would add the chain back into Sheiks bag-o-tricks.

Jakatsu

Smash Apprentice
I'd really like to see Sheik become a Jack of all Trades character like Samus and Link, I mean she's got Needles, a Whip, Teleportation, and a possible sword.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
The chain needed more people to learn how to use it to make them realize that it really wasn't that bad a move overall. Except when done accidentally in the air.

As far as logical improvements to the move, it can use the ability to cancel out more projectiles and should hit people out a little. As it was it was possible to approach Sheik and punish her even while being struck repeatedly by the Chain.

iron blade

Smash Ace
The chain needs more range behind you and it needs more knockback so you don't get punished, like Ryoko said.

Kapusta.KO

Smash Cadet
So I was listening to SMYN today, and they mentioned how no one used the chain. What improvements do you thing Brawl could add? I think more range of movement, and a much lower start up lag would make the chain a much better move. Y and SP also mentioned making it a tether recovery, which in my opinion would add the chain back into Sheiks bag-o-tricks.
Yeah the chain was just for laughs back in SSBM. Haha it was hilarious...but yeah, making it a tether recovery and also extending the range and decreasing start-up lag would make it used MUCH more often.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I agree if sheik chain was giving the ability to become a tether recovery it would become usable. However I don't think they should cut down in the starting lag but instead cut down on the ending. This way it could be used more often in battle without the user getting punished.

Red Leader

Smash Rookie
Chain Combo!

You know what would be interesting to do with the chain? Making into a quick, combo move like Marth's side-B move. Instead of holding it out and using the stick to move it around, pressing it once creates a quick lash with longer range than it used to have, causing the enemy to flinch but only giving a little bit of damage. It could be used repeatedly, like before, and Sheik will stay in the same place.

That way, an enemy with more priority and strength is about to rip you a new one with a smash attack, you just whip out the Chain for a quick, cancelling strike instead of dodging or using your own smash (which would likely get out-prioritized).

Buff the lag on start-up and recovery to make it less punishable, too.

And, of course, tether recovery.

F00LY

Smash Apprentice
Can anyone confirm if the stuff like Wavedashing and what not is back? I never learned back in melee due to a late start and lack of interest among friends, but with SSBB so close now I have reason to.

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
they should even add it for grabs. Like if u hit with the right part of the chain it grabs the person. Just a random thought ive had since melee

S2

Smash Lord
Now if only they improved Zelda's recovery in such a manner. x.x
Maybe Din's Fire is a tether!
LoL I wish.

Maybe they should make it so that Din's fire doesn't put you into a fall afterwards, at least then it could be used for horizantal distance and mindgames.

But yeah, I mained Sheik in Melee so that chain tether just made my day.

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace
LoL I wish.

Maybe they should make it so that Din's fire doesn't put you into a fall afterwards, at least then it could be used for horizantal distance and mindgames.

But yeah, I mained Sheik in Melee so that chain tether just made my day.
Yup. After all the nerfs, they added something cool =).

Top Bottom