• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Characters who Deserved to make it but didnt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSBB4all

Smash Apprentice
You people are wrong when you say that, "Characters dont deserve to be in brawl more than others." If they don't then why does mario have 4 reps? Why does zelda have 4 reps? (5 if you count sheik) Why does Pokemon have 4 reps? Because those series have done the most for Nintendo over the years. (Not just one game) Its not hard to figure out other than the 3rd party characters. When a series like Metroid only gets 1 rep, (2 if you count ZSS) then a lot of people are going to wonder why, but only Sakurai knows.

Anyway... These are the characters who should have been in.

Mewtwo- There was NO REASON at all for him not returning... (Because Lucario shares M2's neutral b???) Of course not! (Because he has lost his popularity??) If that is true then why the heck is ROB a playable character?
Krystal- This is a very popular one, and with characters that get a lot of popularity, there will be a lot of people who dislike that character. (One example is Sonic) Falco should have been axed and Krystal would have been a lot more unique. Brawl needs more female fighters... AND LANDMASTERS! >:D
K. Rool- Many argue with me on this one. Brawl is lacking heavyweights, and DK deserves a rival to Brawl. He would have been a very cool/unique addition to the roster, and he was wanted by many.
Ridley- Must I say more? Metroid hasn't been getting any love at all. Not to mention Ridley was the most wanted character other than Sonic.
Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario- Mario got no new reps! :( Sorry Geno supporters, but Geno was in an awsome game, but it was just one single game. These 2 have been growing in popularity more than any other Mario character imo. Bowser Jr. was even the main villan in a couple! Bowser Jr. would have been an extremely unique character who could have made great use of his paintbrush from Super Mario Sunshine.

Well I think that sums up what I had to say. Cant wait for Brawl!!! ^.^

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
yea he's right. I mean geno,Ridley,Krystal and megaman became Insanely popular beginning 2007. And that was after Sakurai supposedly finished the Roster
my problem was with how he named the title of the topic. Sure we all want this or that character. but there is no DESERVES, diff people will always have diff opinions, it isn't mathematical or objective, so the word DESERVE should be removed.

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
Master Chief, Spyro the Dragon, Ratchet, Jak, Cloud, Squall, Tidus, characters from Tekken and Mortal Kombat, Megaman. My list is a large.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
On the subject of R.O.B., Super Mario Bros may've saved gaming, but R.O.B. got Super Mario in the door TO do it. If it wasn't for R.O.B., we wouldn't have been able to BUY a NES in the first place. Even distancing themselves from previous consoles AND offering to buy back unsold stock wasn't enough... R.O.B. made it enough of an incentive to sell NES's in stores.

QueTee

Smash Apprentice
Hate my life, Brawl is just terrible...My Rogue from WoW didn't make the roster. I hope Sakurai drowns in a big bowl of crappy pistachio ice cream.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
On the subject of R.O.B., Super Mario Bros may've saved gaming, but R.O.B. got Super Mario in the door TO do it. If it wasn't for R.O.B., we wouldn't have been able to BUY a NES in the first place. Even distancing themselves from previous consoles AND offering to buy back unsold stock wasn't enough... R.O.B. made it enough of an incentive to sell NES's in stores.
Um, no. You see, Super Mario Bros and Duck Hunt were huge successes in the arcades so that's where your arguement dies a fiery, horrible death. The only reason toy stores stocked ROB is because they believed the consumers would be too stupid to see that the NES was a video game system. Neither party was fooled and that's why ROB was dropped less then a year later. Really, ROB's a gimmick and will always be a gimmick. Considering how Sakurai decided Brawl's roster in only three days, it's more then obvious that ROB was added for the sake of shock value and little else.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo. I think he's the only character who other actually deserved to be in. Everybody else would have just been icing on the cake.

Without Mewtwo Pokémon has become an exception to the Protagonist->Supporting->Antagonist (or whatever is closest) formula. :(

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Um, no. You see, Super Mario Bros and Duck Hunt were huge successes in the arcades so that's where your arguement dies a fiery, horrible death. The only reason toy stores stocked ROB is because they believed the consumers would be too stupid to see that the NES was a video game system. Neither party was fooled and that's why ROB was dropped less then a year later. Really, ROB's a gimmick and will always be a gimmick. Considering how Sakurai decided Brawl's roster in only three days, it's more then obvious that ROB was added for the sake of shock value and little else.
Vs. Super Mario Bros. came out in 1986 according to the Killer List of Video Games, one solid year after the NES was launched with Super Mario Bros, so your arguement dies a fiery death, not mine. As for consumers being too stupid to not know the NES with ROB was a video game system, the stores wanted that because they believed no one wanted to buy video games anymore... When the real issue was that no one wanted to buy BAD video games, Nintendo did everything they could to differentiate themselves from the EETAILERS were convinced to stock the NES.

Even GameSpy says that ROB was the trojan horse to get video games back on the market, again. I figure they know their stuff more than you do.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Mewtwo. I think he's the only character who other actually deserved to be in. Everybody else would have just been icing on the cake.

Without Mewtwo Pokémon has become an exception to the Protagonist->Supporting->Antagonist (or whatever is closest) formula. :(
And with the exception of Donkey Kong, Metroid, F-Zero, Fire Emblem, Earthbound/Mother, and the other singular characters such as Ice Climbers, Pit, Sonic, Snake, etc, etc.

Really, the only series that follow the Protagonist->Supporting->Antagonist formula are Mario, Zelda, Kirby, and Star Fox.

Anyways, I'm really bummed that Sakurai didn't put himself in the roster :( I guess a part of him actually did care about how we would respond.

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
Oi.
Two words...
Golden Sun!
3 characters....
Issac, Felix, and Garett.
Enough of this thread please.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Krystal Replacing Falco, Another F-Zero Rep, another metroid rep, Gannondorf With Sword replacing gannondorf, K. Rool, Gooey.

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
Ridley, Megaman, Black Mage, Animal Crosser, and Knuckles.

Those are the big ones to me. If we had those, the roster would be (and I mean this), PERFECT. :)

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Ok... just going to start by saying

NOOOOOO
Animal Crossing reps
Geno
Additional reps from the Earthbound series (2 is enough!)
Any other character from a game with horrible artwork (I don't know how you play that garbage)

Possibly allow:
King K Rool
Megaman (used to be a fan, but would still support this if they gave him his Megaman X look)
Zero (if Megaman gets in Zero is even better)
Bass (If Megaman gets in, this bad*** definitely should)
Ridley

Definitely
The Black Knight
Mai (blue haired sword chick from Fire Emblem), Erika&Ephraim (If Erika gets in her brother should), Lucia (female swordmaster) Pick one for a female FE rep.
Krystal
Midna (human form + imp form transformations)
NINTENDOG!!! :laugh:

And the greatest character ever....
Me, CHRIS LIONHEART!!!
No... seriously :bee:

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
1) Roy
2) 9-bolt (Wario Ware Inc.) (he could be a clone of Wario)
3) Peppy (star fox 64)
4) the painting person from Kirby: Krystal Shards
5) 3the Ice guy from Metroid 3
6) Will (Advanced Wars: days of Ruin)
7) Pheonix Wright (LOLOLOLOLOL)

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Seriously, I don't know how people can say Black Mage would best represent Final Fantasy. ALL HE USES IS BLACK MAGIC. Red Mage is skilled in Black Magic, White Magic, AND swordplay. If that doesn't best represent the franchise, nothing does.

antimatter

Smash Lord
Ok... just going to start by saying

NOOOOOO
Animal Crossing reps
Geno
Additional reps from the Earthbound series (2 is enough!)
Any other character from a game with horrible artwork (I don't know how you play that garbage)
I don't see how graphics and artwork really matter. Plus, the game Geno came in was DID NOT have bad graphics for that time period.

Possibly allow:
King K Rool
Megaman (used to be a fan, but would still support this if they gave him his Megaman X look)
Zero (if Megaman gets in Zero is even better)
Bass (If Megaman gets in, this bad*** definitely should)
Three third party characters from the same company?
Ridley
POSSIBLY RIDLEY?!?!?
Definitely
The Black Knight
Mai (blue haired sword chick from Fire Emblem), Erika&Ephraim (If Erika gets in her brother should), Lucia (female swordmaster) Pick one for a female FE rep.
If there's going to be a female Fire Emblem rep, it will likely be Lyn, who isn't on your definitely list.
Krystal
Midna (human form + imp form transformations)
NINTENDOG!!! :laugh:

And the greatest character ever....
Me, CHRIS LIONHEART!!!
No... seriously :bee:
captions in red.

snapcracklepop*

Smash Rookie
1 There is so many characters I really wanted in brawl *looks at a picture of Tails* but theres no point in talking about it because they DIDNT make it and 2 Theyre not going to add cloud, sephiroth, sora, etc. to a nintendo game with mainly cartoonish characters. Dont get me wrong, I love Kingdom Hearts with every little piece of my heart, but theres no way those charcates wouldve made it over other nintendo characters. (Yes i know snake and sonic made it but sonic was because of all his fan baby complaining, and snake is just an actual good idea)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom