• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Characters who Deserved to make it but didnt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Geno
-There were many Nintendo fans who wanted to see him again. It would be fair to include him for Brawl. What is Square-Enix gonna do with him anyway? And the fact that, the Forest Maze Theme didn't make it either is really irritating.

Lip
-She's the star of a popular series, the Puzzle League series. She's been around longer than Olimar and lasted longer than Takamaru and Pit. Why she is reduced to being a sticker is beyond me. She would've had an interesting moveset.

Isaac
-That star of one greatest RPGs to grace a Nintendo console. At the time, it was the only Nintendo RPG that could rival the Pokemon series. He has a sword but with the magic he wields, he wouldn't be another Marth or Ike.

Miciaiah
-If Lip isn't gonna be in nor Geno, the least they could've done was thrown in the most unique lord in Fire Emblem.

Lyn
-She's almost like an International Marth. She's the first lord from the first Fire Emblem released outside of Japan. She should fight in a Iaido style so that she won't be a Marth clone.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
A animal crossing character. Really, why does a franchise get a stage, a item, and a crap load of trophies, stickers and music but no rep? Miis would of been nice because you could make up someone you hate and then beat the S*** out of them using your own mii. It would be perfect. :)

Ralucard

Smash Cadet
Krystal? ...nooo, I'm not into furries

to the point, I have to tell I got sooo really dissapointed when I saw that Waluigi only would be an AT, sure it was better than not being in brawl at all. Still, my hype for brawl that week was completely gone to be honest.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Warning wall of text coming! :)

Don't worry I type fast. I can do this in 10 minutes or less, and I enjoy it too so it is not a waste of my time or resources.

I had some characters who I thought deserved it.

Takamaru: I think even though he is a Japan only character he deserved to be in because he is a retro character and he is very different than any other swordsmen on the roster. He fights with a katana in a distinctly Japanese samurai style fighting that is different than the European style seen by Marth and Ike and Link and the like. I think Japanese people who would have played Brawl with him in would like him because they could relate to him more than they could white-western European patterened people such as the other swordsmen in Brawl.

Sukapon: Another good retro character. I like him because he is a robot and they don't have to go through the avenue of 3rd party to get a robot like Megaman, and he won't be a projectile spammer like Ray 01 or Ray Mk2 would be. He still looks a lot cooler than someone like Marina Liteyears too. This robot Sakurai said he would have put him in if only he wasn't so hard to program in the game but he'd be the most unique character being a bunch of pink balls floating around fast and hitting you. Sukapon's game Joy Mech Fight is the prototype if you will of the Smash series, it's Nintendo's first fighting game.

Krystal: No, I am not a furry but I still think Brawl lacks in the amount of non-human realistic characters and Krystal would be a cat girl who fits in. I am sure some boys here would like her because they think she is sexy, but I don't think she should be in for the sex factor but because she would a very unique Star Fox character and be an animal character, who could use a staff fast and long range like Marth's attacks. If they keep away a reflector and a landmaster she could be very unique.

Paula: This one I think many people think would be the most unexpected character, similar to ROB. I think Paula deserves in more than Lip does even though Lip is much older, because Lip's stick is already there. The MOTHER series deserves more than 2 reps, and I think it should go to her over Claus because Claus died at the end of Mother 3 and the lightsabre he has wouldn't fit in Brawl because they also already have beam swords. She would also fit in with Ness and Lucas more because they are more or less the same size as each other, and Kumatora I don't think would work as well because she is older and taller than Lucas or Ness, making her a bigger target who wouldn't fit in with her smaller counterparts unless she leans over low to the ground like Wolf does although Wolf is bigger than Fox. Paula's personality would be good as she would be a highly religious/spiritual person who I think would be good as a contast to the rather secular-like nature of the rest of the characters, and her final smash would be pray which would cause random chaotic things to happen.

Mona: Mona I feel deserves to be in as a Warioware rep because Mona is Wario's most important employee, and she offers a unique moveset. She worked as a rockstar, a cheerleader, a pizza delivery girl, and a ice cream seller person. A very wacky character, she could use a variety of moves that involve her cheerleading baton which she would hit people with similar to how Pit uses his double sword. She could also call upon her pet pig, elephant, and monkey with a tech-visor on to help, and also wack people with her guitar as well. She could be very wacky like Mr. Game and Watch and have multihitting attacks with her cheerleading baton that are similar to how Pit attacks. She also would double as a female AND a villain character because in her games, she uses her animal friends to crash police cars causing the deaths of potentially dozens of policemen who chase her as she speeds to get to work on time. She would be a highly reckless, sometimes irresponsible, and potentially evil character who would work well with Wario or even betray him (or the otherway around) if she had the chance.

Megaman: He would make a good third party character. I'd like him though in his classic form. Not much needs to be said about him, just that many people like him is already more then can be said than words.

Micaiah: I like Micaiah more than Lyn or another FE character because she doesn't use a sword, and Takamaru would be using a Katana so that means that Lyn would be out. Micaiah would break the stereotype that Fire Emblem is always about blue-haired swordsmen, and she uses light magic. If done right, she doesn't need to be a zelda clone but perhaps my thoughts are that they could give her health-stealing moves to repersent in Brawl that she was a good healer character in Fire Emblem. Also, no one else in Brawl has silver hair I think. So she'd be unique in that regard.

Muddy Mole: Like Paula, I expect people to raise their eyebrows at this guy. Sakurai said he was so interesting, he would already be in the roster! Muddy Mole is a mole who tries to save his children from an evil farmer named Jinbe, but what I like about his that he is an animal so we don't have too many human characters and he can bury underground. He'd be small and can move without fear of getting hurt under the stage. Another cool think I like about him is he uses claws, so he'll stratch you really bad too and I'd expect him to be very fast. So there'd be mostly four methods of attack in Brawl: Fists/kick, swords, claws, and staff weapons.

Ridley: Ok, I have to jump on the bandwagon but I thought he'd be a good idea too. He can fly, and shoots plasma out of his mouth. His tail is also a good weapon, and he is a non-human character although not cartoonish like Muddy Mole or Kirby or Pikachu or something. If they resized Bowser, they could have resized Ridley and the Metriod series wouldn't have got the shaft.

Geno: I must agree I am not a 'rabid' Geno fan but I would like it if he did come. While owned by Square-Enix, he would have been very unique especially for a game that sold about 1.4 million copies (correct me if I am wrong), even more than MOTHER 3 sold in Japan (only about 300,000 copies). A talking doll is a very unique thing, he is not living organic matter but rather made of wood yet very powerful and humble. I felt he deserved his place in Brawl.

Pious Augustus: This will make people even more wierded out than Muddy Mole or Paula... I think Pious Augustus would be good in Brawl because Nintendo's horror genre is horribly under represented. While I like Alexandra Roivas and the voice behind her (Jennifer Hale), her voice is already doing ZSS and ZSS also looks too much like Alexandra too. Pious Augustus though is a Roman soldier who uses occult evil magic and is armed with a staff made of a man's bones. He could also use his gladius, and then he'd be like Gandalf from LOTR using both a sword and a staff dual-wielding! Like an evil version of Gandalf, except he'd be evil and a Liche who'd look very scary. No one else on the roster would look as scary as this guy, with his skull face yet he'd have good voice acting that is for sure. Maybe in SSE, they could have him and ZSS fight since ZSS is played by the same voice actress as Alexandra was.

Isaac: Ok guys. Another sword user, but he'd be different in that he uses more magic than sword. His magic would be different than anyone elses, as he summons djniis(sp?) and vines and stuff, not the common fire ball that Zelda/Mario/Ness/Lucas does all the time. Oh, and his hairdo would remind people of Sora since Sora was liked so much, so when you play Isaac you would just pretend you're Sora then you're good.

King K Rool: Donkey Kong could use another rep, and he's good he is an animal character who is a heavy weight. We need more heavy weights, like Bowser and he'd be a good choice. He could use a gun, the closest thing you could get to a real gun but it'd shoot out a slow bullet with spikes on it so Sakruai wouldn't consider it a banned item. No, it won't cause Columbine shootings if kids see K Rool with a musket gun called a Blunderbuss in the game.

DeMille: A rabit character, I think he'd fit. He is a 'cute, small' bunny rabit who is 8 years old from Tomato Adventure and would be needed to balance out all the more serious looking character suggestions as far as cute characters go. All his attacks would be even wackier than Mona's. He'd cause a train to come and smash into you, and use a hover board.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
I don't think I want another Smash Bros. game... because of all these ******** characters that are obviously going to be put in.

Seriously, even if Blaziken, Red Mage, AND Phoenix Wright were all in (and there's a very good chance that NONE of them will be in the next game), I feel the game would just be overkill if I started seeing Krystal and Megaman in there.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
FE reps (any one of these)
Roy-One of the most popular characters in smash, and the first GBA lord (and argueably the most liked of the GBA lords).
Micaiah-Most recent lord and one of the most unique, being the only lord to start off with Magic. She'd be an easy way to show that FE is not all about swordsmen.
Eliwood-star of the first international FE game as well as the most liked of said game. Japan didn't like Lyn at all, as she was only the Lord for you're "pregame" and they were essentially forced to sit through a long tutorial (they'd already had 6 games before that. They didn't need a 10 chapter tutorial) Hector was liked for his amazingness in game, but still played second seat to Eliwood storywise.
Starfox reps-Krystal
Pokemon reps-Give us back MEWTWO!! Starring in two movies and being held as the strongest pokemon for practically forever doesn't get him a spot? Seriously
Third Party reps- Megaman the capcom star that had been friends with nintendo for a very long time, I'm actually suprised he didn't get in (especially since Snake got in of all people).

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I would rather anybody that's not Krystal. I would rather have Chuck Norris in the game than Krystal.
Why is that? Is it because Krystal is too sexually appealing to men? (Furry) As long as they don't have portray her as a slutty sex object, I think it'd be ok. That saxophone scene when Fox first sees her does seem a bit too sexy like something out of Who Framed Roger Rabit or something. I wouldn't expect to see Fox and Krystal passionately kissing in front of many little kids in a T rated game in Adventure Mode BTW.

D13

Smash Ace
It would've been cool if Toad was a playable character. Then they might have find another neutral special for Peach.

Diddy&Dixie4evr

Smash Apprentice
Dixie, dixie, dixie, dixie, dixie, and geno.

I mean really Dixie was in the game coding and everything, one of the forbidden 7, but sakurai cheaped out on her, **** you sakurai, **** YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!

As for geno he is just badass and needs to be in another game.

Dixie.

Dixie.

Chozo Link

Smash Rookie
1) Ridley

2) Simon Belmont

3) Ridley

4) Cloud

5) Ridley

6) Megaman

7) Ridley

8) Krystal

9) Ridley

10) King K Rool

11) Ridley

12) Mewtwo

13) Ridley

and most of all:
RIDLEY

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
In short a lot of characters who would make sense now. Probably at the time Sakurai made the roster he probably thought it would please everyone and thought Ridley was impossible. If you ask him he'll probably tell you he's sorry.

Jiggy37

Smash Apprentice
-Any one out of Lyn, Micaiah, Mist, and Sheeda (Marth's love interest and the female lead of the first Fire Emblem)
-Sami from Advance Wars
-Dixie Kong from Donkey Kong
-Black Shadow or Deathborn from F-Zero
-Daisy
-Waluigi
-Any one out of Sceptile, Blaziken, and Deoxys
-Saki from Sin and Punishment

And Colette from Tales of Symphonia, of course.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
who should have been in you ask? I'll say:

-Megaman ( alot of peole would agree with me that this guys rocks and should have appeared)
-Mewtwo (I almost thought for sure he would have made it back, but ironically no)
-Wart (I think Sakurai should have included another classic character since this charater has obviously been forgotten but would have been revived in Brawl)
-Ridley (WTH is wrong with you Sakurai!! not giving Ridley a chance!!)

Firesoul1

Smash Apprentice
Roy, in all the replies im about the 5th to mention him.
also his game may be coming state side soon in some way.

clues regarding to its release:

1. Fuin No tsurugi was changed to "The Binding Blade".

2. in the ROM (or in the english patch) Rutger is changed
to "Rutoga".(sticker)

3. Same thing for Diek, changed to "Deke".(sticker)

4. Roy' hope - Winning road.

5. the millions of petitions.

this can't be coincidence.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Krystal, Isaac, Ridley, Claus and Takamaru seem to be the top five, in my opinion, of the popular ones. I don't understand the Geno craze but he's one of the popular ones. K. Rool was tops, too, sorta.

Oh, and Mewtwo... well mostly it was people afterwards who were upset about him being cut. Same with Roy.

Ilex

Smash Ace
I think that Baby Mario should've been added, the Yoshi series is looking awfully lonely. And I think I'm the only one who would've appreciated a Worm from the Worms series.

M@v

Subarashii!
I dont get the geno craze either...hes only a supporting character from super mario rpg...yes he had a cannon in his arm, that was cool, but its not enough to cut it. As everyone said, Ridley deservered a shot.(At least he a boss, in his normal and meta forms). I would of loved to see Rundas, Since I think hes the most bad...you know besides samus. I know it wouldnt of happened since hes not a major character though. As for third party, I would of liked to see sora. But im very satisfyed with the lineup nonetheless

neo_sporin

Smash Cadet
Krystal, MegaMan, Isaac, maybe Sora, Sephiroth (ultimate bad guy), Cloud (cloud vs link?) ... we havent heard the last of these guys yet

seeing as how seph and cloud were never on a nintendo console I highly doubt they will ever appear in a smash brothers game. The requirement to be in smash brothers is having a nintendo appearance (sonic was on GC several times, snake on NES and GC)

SlickSlicer

Smash Apprentice
Ridley's too big to be a serious addition to the game, in my opinion. :/

My votes go to Megaman (eponymous), Phoenix Wright (eponymous), Lyn (Fire Emblem; actually wanted her instead of Ike. They could also consider adding a non-sword character, such as a mage like Erk from the same game Lyn was in), Jeff or Poo (Earthbound), possibly Black Shadow though his moveset would be hard to make (F-Zero), and Chrono (Chrono Trigger). Seriously, any one of those would have been awesome.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If I had to guess, the next installment will have 45 characters with probably 2-3 characters getting the boot. With that said, there will be 12-13 new characters. Of these characters, I can practically guarentee that 7 of them will be in the following categories based on what was seen in the past games:

1. A new female rep.
2. A big and "large" character like DK, Bowser, and Dedede.
3. At least one new third party rep.
4. A pokemon representing the most recent generation.
5. The most recent Fire Emblem lord.
6. A retro character that will more than likely be in the starting roster.
7. A WTF retro character that will be unlockable.

Some of these categories might get more then one rep.

Brawl left things pretty open and the only franchise that has all the reps that truely deserved to get in is the Kirby franchise. Mario and Zelda, two of Nintendo's biggest franchise, didn't get any new reps so that leaves them both open for at least one new addition. There's also plenty of franchises that could still be represented like Animal Crossing, Custom Robo, Nintendo/Advance Wars, etc.

What people have to realize about the next installment is that almost all the new characters will probably fall into the "obscure" category because the Mario and Pokemon characters are the only ones that even the most casual of gamers will be familar with. Seriously, Brawl practically had the same problem despite most of the additions being main characters. For example, in the Brawl preview that X-Play did during E3 06, Adam Sessler called Metaknight "obscure" despite him being in every Kirby game since 2002, being a main character in the cartoon, and being playable in 3 of the games. The Flash cartoon, Smash Kingdom begged the question that a lot of people were thinking "Who the f*** is Lucas?" Zero Punctuation's recent review asked what almost all of us asked when Melee came out, "WTF is a Marth?" :laugh: When I first saw him in 2001, I thought he was a Castlvania character because of the music that played when you fight him. :pyscho:

The point I'm trying to make is that Smash Bros is supposed to appeal to all Nintendo fans (both "hardcore" and casual) and I don't think it was the developers intentions for us to know who everyone in the roster is in each game. I'm bringing up this point because I'm sick of the arguement "they're too obscure to make it" because it's all completely subjective.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'll just say Lip from Panel De Pon. She was mention on the polls twice, but instead of her getting in, her item the Lip's Stick and theme song Lip's Theme is in the game. And instead of a Lip sticker, they have a Furil sticker but named her Lip, sad isn't it. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom