• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Clerics Present: Mass Madness 5: Framingham, Screw the SATs! October 6th

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
We're running pools, so we're hoping for 16 setups to be able to run everything as easily as possible.
We will be offering rides from the commuter rail all day.
TVs:
- MattDotZeb
- Elen
- Banks
- RSF
- Skler

Cubes/Wiis:
- MattDotZeb
- Elen
- Miso
- St. Viers
- Questor
- Skler
- psykoplympton

Copies of SSBM:
- MattDotZeb
- Elen
- Miso
- St. Viers
- Questor
- Skler
- psykoplympton
- widowmaker

Extension Cords:
- Banks
- OmegaWhiteMage

Power Strips:
- MattDotZeb
- Elen
- Questor
- OmegaWhiteMage

VCRs/Other Recording Equipment:
(optional)
- MattDotZeb
- Banks

Tapes: (need blank tapes)

- Elen

People Taking Commuter Rail:
-

Game Universe
1251 Worcester Rd
Framingham, MA 01701
(508) 370-4263

Time:

11:00 - Store Opens

12:30 - Doubles and Singles Registration Begins

1:15 - Last Call for Doubles Registration

1:30 - Doubles Begins

2:50 - Last Call for Singles Registration
Note: We'll need 30 minutes to seed the pools properly.

3:15 - Singles Pools Begins
Note: Even if doubles is still ongoing, we will start singles.

??? - Food Run
Note: This will take place whenever pools finishes.

11:00 - Get out

Entry Fee:

Singles - $10 per entrant
Doubles - $10 per team / $5 per person

All prizes will be paid in cash. And the store will take a 20% cut.

Singles Prize Pools

1st - 55
2nd - 30
3rd - 15

Doubles Prize Pool

1st - 55
2nd - 30
3rd - 15

Date:
October 6th

-------------------------------------
Important!
If you have Any questions, you may take them up with me (MattDotZeb) or Elen (ElendilAndurilz). RedSoxFan is no longer hosting this tournament.

1-339-222-1916 Contact Elen if you need help etc.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Rules:

- All tournaments are double-elimination, which means that after you lose your first match, you enter into a losers bracket, and play against other people who have lost. If you've lost in the losers bracket, however, you're out of the tournament. The winner of the losers bracket plays against the winner of the winners bracket in the finals. The losers bracket finalist needs to win two sets, however, as the winners bracket finalist has yet to lose a set.

- Matches are best out of 3 with advanced slob picks and dave's stupid rule (which are explained below). ALL finals games (This includes losers bracket finals, winners bracket finals, and overall finals) are best of 5.

Advanced Slob Picks:

The first game in a set is double-blind, and the stage is random (using the random stages listed in the stage selection section).

The following applies to any game in a set played after the first:
The loser of the previous game declares the stage to be used, using any stage that isn't banned. The winner of the previous game then chooses his character. Lastly, the loser of the previous game chooses his character, and the game can start.

Dave's Stupid Rule:

No stage can be played more than once per match unless agreed upon by both players.

- All games are played with 4 stock, 8 minutes, and no items. Any tie that occurs is settled by comparing stocks remaining (More stocks = win). If there is a tie remaining after comparing stock, compare damage % (Less damage % = win). If a tie remains after comparing stocks and damage %, play out sudden death.

Restart Rule:

When a random stage is chosen for the first match of a set, you may immediately pause and restart the match as long as you attempt to do so immediately at the start of the match. (Just hold shield and hit start at the beginning of the match if you wish to avoid getting hit)

- Also before any stage is selected both players may agree to play on a specific stage or to not play on one of the random stages. (If both players don't like Battlefield, then you can agree that Battlefield will not be played if it comes up as the random stage)

Banning Stages:

At the beginning of the set, each player may ban one stage from being played.
Stages able to be banned: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams, and Pokemon Stadium

Stage Selection:

Singles Random List: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams, and Pokemon Stadium

Teams Random List: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64 and Pokemon Stadium.

Stages that are only banned in Singles:: Great Bay (Termina), Mushroom Kingdom II

Stages that are only banned in Teams Only: Fountain of Dreams, Mute City

Stages banned for Singles and Teams: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, Onett, and Kongo Jungle (DK Rap)

Mages DQ Rule / Clerics DQ Rule:

a. Mages DQ Rule
2 Minutes Late – Warning
4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late – Loss of set

b. Clerics DQ Rule
Don't be late.

Additional Rules:

- For teams play, team attack is on, and stealing stock is allowed.

- Players may have a coach that can give advice to a player for one minute in-between games. As soon as the stage is declared, the coach may not be consulted until after the game finishes.

- Glitches that freeze a character, freeze the game, or simply make the game unfinishable are banned and using them will result in losing the entire set. For example, the Ice Climbers Freeze Glitch.

- Wallbombing and Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery. Wobbles Infinite is allowed. Stalling a game with any of these tactics will result in a loss of the entire set.

- Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

- Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer. Failure to comply can also result in disqualification.

- Money Matches and friendlies: Keep in mind tournament games take priority over you. Try to get them out of the way during warmup time. Once the tournament has progressed specific setups will be open for friendlies only.

Elen

Smash Lord
I was just getting to that Nuro ;_;

Does anyone have a problem or preference for any dates in October? I'll most likely be talking to Jamie tomorrow to figure out a date.

Questor96

Smash Journeyman
subscribing to awesome.

And will be bringing a cube and MAYBE a TV if I wind up going (Will be checking the calendar soon).

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
I can guarantee at least 1 TV if I go. Maybe more depending on who else from WPI is coming and/or if I can borrow another TV.

Also depending on the date, I may or may not be able to go. If it is during my Fall Break, then I am not sure if I'll be able to go as of yet.

Elen

Smash Lord
We're thinking October 6th at the moment. It's still up for debate however.

Darc, you can't go. The rest of Maine is welcome though. Maineachusetts minus Darc ftw!!

Elen

Smash Lord
I'll have the date by the end of tomorrow. If you guys have any preferences, let me know now. We're most likely aiming for October 6th.

Elen

Smash Lord
Mango, come! Well pick you up in VT :-P

Finding the date for this very soon btw.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
I probably won't be able to go to this if it's Oct. 6, unless I stay at school instead of going home for Columbus day weekend. It's possible, but not probable.

Top Bottom