• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The computers can learn! = \

XDemono

Smash Rookie
So I was looking at all the ATs and testing em out in training mode (my cartridge doesnt save so the CPU was a clean slate) i was kirby using every short hop d-air combo etc. imaginable.

Then I went to go test some of them out in battle

lets just say I turned my CPU into a mini Isai

me (kirby) vs. lvl 9(kirby)

I got brutally ***** by everything i had just tried
it even pulled of a new mindgame!

u-tilt > jump > f-air > u-air > Not d-air, but b-air!
im so scared, i might just press my RESET button.....

EDIT: i just fought it again, doing everything your not supposed to do, and i Brutally ***** him!
oh, just wait until i set the PC to LVl Isai before he plays
Muhahahahhahaha

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
It's not that the cpu's learn..its that they adept. The game programmed responses to things.

inb4 sarcasm

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
CPU's (at least the smash 64 cpus) have a set program they follow. Sure, they'll occasionally do something amazing... but what they did is part of what they are programmed to do. CPU's don't learn... they're just random yet very predictable.

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman
i get where he's coming from. i used to 5 stock 3 cpus with pika and kirby all the time before i knew actually how to play. i was just cheaping and gimping kills. now, if i try and attempt combos i use against people on cpus alot of the time they will counter the initial combo starter purely because their reaction time is "inhuman" in certain situations. so when a person might not have the quickness to counter the attack, the computer always does.

but yea, they definitely don't learn at all

NixxxoN

Smash Master
i get where he's coming from. i used to 5 stock 3 cpus with pika and kirby all the time before i knew actually how to play. i was just cheaping and gimping kills. now, if i try and attempt combos i use against people on cpus alot of the time they will counter the initial combo starter purely because their reaction time is "inhuman" in certain situations. so when a person might not have the quickness to counter the attack, the computer always does.

but yea, they definitely don't learn at all
This

a very common example:
-If you always go flat-out to attack the CPU, then CPU chooses to keep countering it by timing the defensive attack better than you just before you touch it.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
if you jump on top of a level 9 falcon cpu he will automatically usmash you

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
yeah,but i dont know,my cpus seems to learn to,he combo hard some times!(hardly ever finish the combo btw)

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
I think this has been brought up here before, but yeah, no. If CPUs learned, they would unquestionably be pulling off Falcon's usmash/fthrow, uair juggle, up-B. It's such a common, effective, and easy combo that if there was any kind of adaptive intelligence, it would pick it up right away. CPUs don't do it though. They might do an usmash uair, or uair upb, but never the whole thing from zero to death. The CPUs don't learn.

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Did you know that the 64 has a chip inside that only works when you put smash 64 and it makes the game remember your every moves and then when you play agaisn't the cpu, he will know them and use them agaisn't you. The 64 is THAT good.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Did you know that the 64 has a chip inside that only works when you put smash 64 and it makes the game remember your every moves and then when you play agaisn't the cpu, he will know them and use them agaisn't you. The 64 is THAT good.
take off the tin foil hat bro

Top Bottom