• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Conduit (FC's First Page)

Darkslash

Smash Master
The single player had its funny moments. Some how I knew this was coming and yet it blew me away...

Ohh well Time too add my FC.

1247-6485-1009

EDIT: I can't even read my writing. Thanks for the heads Ocon.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Is it true that if a person with good online host the game then it will be less likely to lag?

Dang RDK, what rank are you if you are owning them that badly?

RDK

Smash Hero
Is it true that if a person with good online host the game then it will be less likely to lag?

Dang RDK, what rank are you if you are owning them that badly?
I haven't played it that much, I'm only about level 27. But like I said it's really easy to slip into; the learning curve is like zero, especially if you play shooters a lot.

Lol, Skyler and I just finished a game.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
5456-7169-0635

@ all people who have yet to play the game: I highly advise not using the default when naming your file. This is because it uses your file name as your online username, and there are already way to many Mr.Fords.

Darkslash

Smash Master
God dam it. The Wii isn't reading my disk. It was working fine, and then it just died......I'm sure it isn't my wii because it can read every other game as well.

:(

RDK

Smash Hero
God dam it. The Wii isn't reading my disk. It was working fine, and then it just died......I'm sure it isn't my wii because it can read every other game as well.

:(
Well if it can read your other games but not this one then it's probably not a laser problem...

Did you say you were playing it before and now all of a sudden it doesn't work?

@ THC: lol, yeah I noticed that too.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Well if it can read your other games but not this one then it's probably not a laser problem...

Did you say you were playing it before and now all of a sudden it doesn't work?
I should call EB games and say the thing is defective(which it is), that plus receipts should be enough to get a replacement copy right?

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
0045-0577-2121 MDRocker , guys, hope to see you there.

I sent everyone a request.

I don't know what you guys are talking about, I have great internet, and that is probably why, but I literally have not lagged ONCE. I've only done regional.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
This game is simply awesome.

Here is my FC, let me know if you add me, then I'll add you as well.

FC: 4168-2265-5279

Scientist skin is da bomb

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
Sorry I'm late, I had too much things to do at the time.

Well, I consider a large budget essential to the definition of a AAA game. I don't believe Punch Out! is third party. I can't count a game that's not out because I don't buy systems for "potential." I buy systems because they have great games. If I was buying something for it's potential, I would have bought a PS3.
Before I reply to that statement and look stupid, what do you mean by "AAA"? (I'm guessing it means a "must have" game...)

Punch Out is made by a 3rd developer. Look it up on wiki.

Ok, then. You don't want to count on the games I list, fine by me. (For now.)
But my qustion still stands. Is Tiger Woods 10 out yet? And if so, do you have it? (Don't really know much about Tiger Woods 10.)

So you are saying the wii doesn't have "potential"?

The wii is lacking (3rd party) software that has the same amount of effort and money put into it as a top tier Xbox 360 or PS3 game. Mario, Zelda, and Metroid are accounted for and are in that top tier league, but there isn't anything outside of Nintendo games at the level of Grand Theft Auto 4, MGS4, Call of Duty 4, Assassin's Creed, Gears of War 2, Fallout 3, Oblivion, etc. Sparsity is one thing, but what I saw on metacritic would indicate that there is not a single third party game at the same level as any of these games that is not Nintendo made. Except maybe Tiger Woods 10, a game that gets much higher reader reviews than critic reviews for some reason. And possibly Rock Band 2. It almost makes me wish I liked sports and music games.
I already said the wii's 3rd party support wasn't as good as the ps3's or 360's..... Which again is not really nintendo's fault, it however IS a flaw of the wii's. I think my point was, the 3rd party support is not 100% crap.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Just finished single player.

Didn't like the ending too much, tbh.

My friend code's 3609-8817-1746.

Drop me a PM if you add me.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord

Before I reply to that statement and look stupid, what do you mean by "AAA"? (I'm guessing it means a "must have" game...)

But my qustion still stands. Is Tiger Woods 10 out yet? And if so, do you have it? (Don't really know much about Tiger Woods 10.)

I already said the wii's 3rd party support wasn't as good as the ps3's or 360's..... Which again is not really nintendo's fault, it however IS a flaw of the wii's. I think my point was, the 3rd party support is not 100% crap.

Or none of us would have this game, lol.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master

My idea of a AAA game is a game that could hope to contend for game of the year. Not Wii game of the year, but rather game of the year across all the systems.

And Nintendo IRD does not sound like a 3rd party developer to me. Sure there's also Next Level Games, but developers with the word Nintendo in their name are not third party.

I don't have Tiger Woods 10 yet, but it's out. I'm cheap, patient, and like to buy things at discount, so I'm waiting for Red Steel 2 to come out. Everything I know about the game I heard from someone else - be it reviewers, random fans, or the 5 star rating it recieved on amazon.

I submitted all the friend codes from this thread, but no one ever seems to be on at the same time as me.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Got it yesterday, finished it last night. The story was predictable, but fun.

Online is where it's at though. The only problem is that a lot of people can't seem to aim online... lol

Dy17

Smash Apprentice
Hey. I added almost everybody that posted their friend code. You guys should accept my request. My online name Daven. This games pretty cool. The only thing I hate is when people jump up and down online. Nobody does that in gunfights.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
@RDK: We just played a match. I'm Doopliss online, by the way.

How are you so good? I mean, if you were just plain good and got most your kills off of me, I would understand, but we rarely ever met in the gunfight, and almost half the time I would kill you when we met.

I guess I'm saying I expected you to kill me more, considering how much higher your score was than mine. Maybe we just happened to resawn far apart from eachother.

Hey. I added almost everybody that posted their friend code. You guys should accept my request. My online name Daven. This games pretty cool. The only thing I hate is when people jump up and down online. Nobody does that in gunfights.
I agree. Jumping up and down in gunfights is unrealistic to say the least. It's a minor annoiance at the most, but it's still annoying.

I also dislike minor lag, but I think the problem might be in the gametype. When you're using shotguns, there is a tendency for the players to jump up and down in circles trying to shoot eachother and the lag means that you have to shoot in front of the person circling around you. It's a pain in any online FPS, but I think it's somewhat more aparent in twelve player free for all than the typical halo 6 player lone wolves.

Still, I love how low the learning curve is. Default controls are amazing, but I'm not sure what to do with the melee attack. Originally I was going to map multiplayer score to remote waggle, but the game said I couldn't do that.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Did you send me one , I don't have any requests yet.

also, while the story was predictable, everything I would have liked for them to do, they did, like with Prometheus.

RDK

Smash Hero
@RDK: We just played a match. I'm Doopliss online, by the way.
Yeah, I asked Ocon who Doopliss was in the chat and he said it was probably you.

How are you so good? I mean, if you were just plain good and got most your kills off of me, I would understand, but we rarely ever met in the gunfight, and almost half the time I would kill you when we met.

I guess I'm saying I expected you to kill me more, considering how much higher your score was than mine. Maybe we just happened to resawn far apart from eachother.
Lol yeah, on some of the bigger maps you don't normally see everybody, but I saw you quite a bit on the Street Map.

Still, I love how low the learning curve is. Default controls are amazing, but I'm not sure what to do with the melee attack. Originally I was going to map multiplayer score to remote waggle, but the game said I couldn't do that.
I have it set to WaW / Halo controls:

Up = Reload
Down = Melee
Left = Next Grenade
Right = Next Weapon
A = Jump
B = Shoot (obviously)
C = Target Lock
Z = Weapon Zoom
+ = Crouch
- = Nade
1 = Score
2 = Pause

And then I mapped ASE and Spin to waggle because you don't really use ASE in multiplayer except for football, and I never use spin because it's annoying.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
And then I mapped ASE and Spin to waggle because you don't really use ASE in multiplayer except for football, and I never use spin because it's annoying.
Good idea. Although I actually like the grenade throw waggle in this game - it surprised me, because this is the only game I've played when nun-chuck motion controls have not annoyed me.

BTW, are there really only 6 radios in the entire game? I've found one in the second level and two in the third, as well as two police radios.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
So what kinds of things are you guys doing/seeing that seem effective in multiplayer?

I usually do well, I've only won a couple times (I've been best on my team more though...) but I'm usually in the top bunch. (bunch refers to the "good" people, they usually bunch anywhere form a group of 2-4)

Anyway, I do jump, sorry to annoy you, but if I don't get hit, that's a good thing. It seems to help, but it screws up my accuracy, and when two people are doing it to eachother, it takes forever for me to kill and usually someone just walks up and kills me at 1/2 health. I really don't have any FPS experience, I've played halo with friends before, but I'm no expert in that area. Really the best thing I've got going for me is my prediction skills (Thank you melee) Every one usually fits into one of a few styles, and it's really easy to tell what they are, but all in all people usually do the same things. I just can tell where they are going to be, and I set myself up accordingly. I also do beat downs a lot. I have to improve my ability to tell how much hp they have. (I've forgotten my custom lock on button..) Sometimes I'll hit them and it won't kill, beat downs aren't super powerful, but they've helped me a lot imo.

I was up close against a guy who spun circles around me and I was having trouble hitting him.. I might try that out.

I really look forward to things said by those people who really know what they are talking about. *cough* RDK *cough*

I have no idea what number rank I am, I've got over 1000xp and I am the silver pyramid that's all filled up and the little ball in the hole. It's loads of fun.

Engo

Smash Ace
I feel like this will be the first wii game I will play very frequently.

Oh, and is it just me or is melee surprisingly strong? Running towards them and meleeing got me easy kills several times.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I feel like this will be the first wii game I will play very frequently.

Oh, and is it just me or is melee surprisingly strong? Running towards them and meleeing got me easy kills several times.
I kinda get the feeling the Melee is a bit weak, but who knows. I don't play that many FPS games.

Nice avatar, by the way.

Dy17

Smash Apprentice
Engos right. The melee attack is super powerful. I find the frag grenades blast radius and power to be lame. I got to the beginning of silver ranking. Im a beast with human weaponry and the tpc launcher.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Engos right. The melee attack is super powerful. I find the frag grenades blast radius and power to be lame. I got to the beginning of silver ranking. Im a beast with human weaponry and the tpc launcher.
I must disagree. Compared with Halo 3 (probably the most popular FPS right now) the melee is much weaker. I can't tell you how many times I've shot a person 3 or 4 times with drudge or trust weaponry, done a melee, and failed to kill. Although I'm not a FPS player, (except for this...) it really does seem weak to me.

My personal specialty is bounty hunter. Last match I won with 30 points and the 2nd place person had 13.

Anybody know which weapons can deliver headshots?

Unseen_Killa

Smash Apprentice
My fc is 0045-0579-5731. I'm pretty good because I have a lot of experience games in FPS games and this comes pretty natural. Friend request me and hopefully I can provide a challenge ;).

RDK

Smash Hero
I must disagree. Compared with Halo 3 (probably the most popular FPS right now) the melee is much weaker. I can't tell you how many times I've shot a person 3 or 4 times with drudge or trust weaponry, done a melee, and failed to kill. Although I'm not a FPS player, (except for this...) it really does seem weak to me.

My personal specialty is bounty hunter. Last match I won with 30 points and the 2nd place person had 13.

That's weird. Maybe it's a connection problem, because I can just barely spray someone with the SMG while I run up to them and I'm able to finish them off with a well-placed melee.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord

The gun n hit gameplay, in the halo style is great, and I gt someone for about 5 seconds, and I can kill them (give or take)

SCAR, pistol, strike rifle, deatomizer( i believe so)

Bounty Hunter really is a great, and unique mode, it's funny to see a bunch of people together in free for all, and not killing each other.

BTW Halloween Captain, you aren't bad, you were fun to play. I've never actually played a friend on a Wii game before, and that was sincerely enjoyable. I'm sorry I had to brutally take you down in Bounty Hunter near the end of the itme we were playing.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
What do you guys think the best weapon is? I'm thinking either the SR or Shotgun.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
I've never gotten my hands on a carbonizer in multiplayer, but that dominates in the campaign.
the Shotgun is great in smaller map (ideal in Infirmary) One of the best matches I played so far was a close/far weapon choice Infirmary match, everybody was just running about shotgunning each other, it was so fun, and something I've never done in any other FPS

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
What do you guys think the best weapon is? I'm thinking either the SR or Shotgun.
Maybe it's my connection speed, but the Shotgun always seems a little too slow for the lag on online. Long range weapons, especially like the assault rifle weapon, seem more powerful to me. For the best though, I'd have to vote for that rocket-launcher thing, the one which has 8 ammo and shoots one round per clip. It's really good on stages that have lots of thin corridors, especially if there are windows.

BTW Halloween Captain, you aren't bad, you were fun to play. I've never actually played a friend on a Wii game before, and that was sincerely enjoyable. I'm sorry I had to brutally take you down in Bounty Hunter near the end of the itme we were playing.
Wait, you were one of the two guys who had a tie that match?

What's you Conduit username?

Oh, and don't worry about beating me. I only play online because it's fun, I'm not big on the competitive side of it.

kr3wman

Smash Master
everybody was just running about shotgunning each other, it was so fun, and something I've never done in any other FPS
Never played Halo 1 heh?

Stupid Chiron/Shotguns only/no shields servers.

Now that I think about it, it was still mostly grenade spamming. Halo is so stupid.

Top Bottom