• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "Convert This Costume to a Different Color" Request Thread

Rykard

Smash Ace
So with the melee hacking community booming and finally getting its own workshop link, i figured i would go ahead and post this thread as a way for people to request to get different costumes on different colors than they already are since melee doesn't have the same liberties as brawl does when it comes to this area. All i'm asking is for those who do request certain things to be very patient seeing as a lot of our great hackers have quite a bit to do when it comes to converting costumes over to different colors. I will try and update this thread regularly in order to keep up to date with the pending requests in this original post so that people who have spare time can see what people want to get done and chose to be generous enough to donate their time to this cause if they want. One of the main reasons for this thread is also to work towards getting a more teams friendly selection of texture hacks because there are a lot of really cool ones out there that would work better possibly on different colors. So with that, lets get started!

Pending Requests

Jody Summer Falco to be converted from Red to Neutral
Fusion Suit Samus to be converted from Pink to Blue/Lavender
Echos Samus to be converted from Blue/Lavender to Green
Cyber Ninja Captain Falcon to be converted from Black/Grey to Neutral
NES Peach to be converted from Neutral to White
Akatsuki Peach to be converted from Neutral to Yellow
P.E.D. Suit Samus to be converted from Neutral to Green
White Mage Zelda/Sheik to be converted from White to Red
Retro Link (the one with a cross on it's Shield) to be converted from Neutral to Red
Toon Link (Young Link Costume) to be converted from Neutral to White
Solid Snake Falcon to be converted from White to Neutral

Completed Requests

Prefessor Oak Doc on the Neutral Color
Yellow Silent Wolf Fox on the Neutral Color
Ocarina of Time Ganon on the Red Color

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
i did professor oak how did Steelia get all those pictures of him with just the head band and no circle thing or what ever that is they call? i guess someone could. Edit someone could vertex it.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=96JSVHP0

I want Echos Samus to be in green it doesn't match lavender. i don't think i can just copy the hex like i did with Doc cause his placements are all the same and her's aren't (i think). when i tried it with samus it messed up a bunch of things.

nytcrawler

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure if someone made it or not already, but I was hoping someone could convert cyber ninja to neutral instead of black. gotta have batman and cyber ninja battle it out. thanks

Rykard

Smash Ace
requests have been added. I'm glad i can help out with at least collecting information about what people want for different costumes with ones that are already made since i can't do any actual hacking.

RuKeN

Smash Journeyman
Akatsuki Peach to be Converted from Normal to Yellow
P.E.D. Suit Samus to be Converted from Normal to Green

Rykard

Smash Ace
So i have a quick question. Can these files only be switched to different colors by the people that make them or can anyone who has the original .dat/.usd file convert them if they know where the offsets and stuff are? For some reason i think that there is some special information that people have about the files when they make them that makes it so other people who don't know that info can't convert them. Just curious is all

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I have Three requests if that is alright Retro Link (The neutral I belive for link in the second ISO nuero (I think I mispelled his name sorry.) realsed to be converted into the red costume. Toon Link be converted from neutral to White (So I can have both of those really awesome hacks.) The third one is something you already have a request for, P.E.D. Suit samus as green.

Thank you very much in advance I wish there was a thread like this sooner!

Rykard

Smash Ace
are you referring to the link that has a cross on it's shield?

and yeah i made this thread in hopes hackers will see it and then do what they do to convert them. i haven't looked into it myself but i hope to figure it out at some point.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
are you referring to the link that has a cross on it's shield?
Yes I am.

and yeah i made this thread in hopes hackers will see it and then do what they do to convert them. i haven't looked into it myself but i hope to figure it out at some point.
Ok, I was close if I can get those I will more or less have my near perfect ISO.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
this is really cool! too many textures I wanted on the same color. most if not all mentioned here.

keep up the great work guys! <3

oh! I have a request as well.

Black and White Ganondorf. The one I have is on Lavender/Purple and I'd rather it be located on another color. Normal is preferable.

Rykard

Smash Ace
this is really cool! too many textures I wanted on the same color. most if not all mentioned here.

keep up the great work guys! <3

oh! I have a request as well.

Black and White Ganondorf. The one I have is on Lavender/Purple and I'd rather it be located on another color. Normal is preferable.
if you get Steelias iso, i believe it is on the neutral color

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I would like to add one more request. Could I have OoT Ganondorf from illusionary labyrinth set as the red color form instead of its neutral color? Thank you very much for your hard work.

Rykard

Smash Ace
does someone who actually knows how to do this want to um...i don't know, show how it is done with hexing and such? that way i can actually do these without relying on other people who actually know how to do it to make them?

and D. fighter i think that costume is also there on steelia's ISO

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
i find it strange that i'm the only one doing this. i can only do the ones whose offsets are the same for multiple costumes. I just copy the texture data in the hex from one file to the other. just check stealia's offsets and see if they match. don't just copy the entire thing all you want is the texture data or else it will freeze. Mostly i think you will the need original creator to do this kind of stuff because they have the source. i know samus and falcon can't be done with my method.

yellow fox from gr to nr http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WF6B1CD6
OoT ganon nr to re http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XRIK3LUI

Rykard

Smash Ace
thanks a lot man. and i wasn't sure how to do the copy and paste stuff so i'm glad you brought this up. I can probably help out with that now too. also i believe you recommended wavasaur to me once for making HPS files so i wanna say thanks for that also :)

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Black/Red Mewtwo on Red texture instead of Neutral would be nice, if someone feels like taking on that task.

Also, does anyone happen to have a download link for the Fusion Suit Samus? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Rykard

Smash Ace
Black/Red Mewtwo on Red texture instead of Neutral would be nice, if someone feels like taking on that task.

Also, does anyone happen to have a download link for the Fusion Suit Samus? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
fusion is on steelia's ISO hasn't be released yet on the labyrinth

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
While shifting though textures I found out that giygas was on blue not red (I thought it was on red). I kind of would like it on red to complete the ISO I am working on. Please and thank you very much :).

Top Bottom