• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Counter Game III: READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING. Join the fun!

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I did not know Stantler could learn Megahorn.
He can now with the advent of HG/SS, I believe. It's not likely to change his tier anyway, but at least it gave him something to hit Darks and Psychics with.

Okay how about...

Rotom@Leftovers
Bold/Levitate
252HP/252Def/4SpDef

Will-o-wisp
Reflect
Thunder
Pain Split

Destroys your attack stat with Reflect and WoW. Stalls until one of two things happen:
-You Roost, then I use Thunder for 52%min every time, negating your Roosts
-You run out of Sucker Punch, then I spam Thunder for the win.

Brave Bird after WoW and Reflect does 8.6%max.
He could potentially stall out your Thunder with Roost, but I don't think it should make a difference. :ohwell:

Alright then...

Houndoom@Life Orb
Modest/Flash Fire
252 Sp. Def. / 252 Sp. Atk / 4 Def.

Nasty Plot
Dark Pulse
Fire Blast
HP Flying

Absorbs a Will-O-Wisp with Flash Fire to get an awesome Fire boost and your mediocre Sp. Atk means Thunder does not 2HKO. Stats up with Nasty Plot and rips you a new one with either Fire Blast or Dark Pulse, both of which will OHKO.

EDIT: Oh, and... HELLZ YEAH 100TH POST

EDIT2: DOUBLE HELLZ YEAH SMASH APPRENTICE

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Forgive me for being unoriginal but..

Chansey @ Leftovers
Calm / Natural Cure
252 Def / 252 Sp. Def / 4 HP
Aromatherapy
Softboiled
Sing
Seismic Toss

400th Post =D

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Banette@Life Orb
Brave/Insomnia
252HP/252Atk/4Def
0 Spe IV
Knock Off
Trick Room
Shadow Claw
Will-O-Wisp

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Banette@Life Orb
Brave/Insomnia
252HP/252Atk/4Def
0 Spe IV
Knock Off
Trick Room
Shadow Claw
Will-O-Wisp
I don't think that would work. Knock Off doesn't do enough damage to defeat Chansey before she runs out of Softboiled PP. And of course what a lot of good Shadow Claw will do to a Normal-type. Aromathreapy can cure the burn or possibly a poison if you get greedy with it. It'd just turn into one huge PP-stall-fest.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Chansey's max PP with all of their moves = 80PP
Banette's max PP with all of their moves = 88PP

Knock off does mediocre damage...at best. However... I can't touch him at all until Struggle comes into play. It's pretty gay, but Banette is the current counter.

Anyhoo.. @ Banette

Swellow @ Flame Orb
Naive /Guts
252 Atk / 100 Sp. Atk / 152 Spe
Facade
Brave Bird
Steel Wing
Heat Wave

Only thing you can touch me with is Knock Off.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Doesn't LO Knock Off kill Banette before Chansey gets to struggle?
Chansey's max PP with all of their moves = 80PP
Banette's max PP with all of their moves = 88PP

Knock off does mediocre damage...at best. However... I can't touch him at all until Struggle comes into play. It's pretty gay, but Banette is the current counter.
Dang it, WouW! I should have seen that... T_T

But yes, that's correct - Max PP Knock Off = 32PP. By the time Chansey completely runs out, you'll have hit her 14 times. And because LO recoil does 10% on each successful hit, you get KO'ed with her still having 6 PP to spare. So therefore it cannot defeat Chansey, and she is still the current counter. Sorry. :(

Alright, forgetting all that, back to business.

Forgive me for being unoriginal but...

Chansey @ Leftovers
Calm / Natural Cure
252 Def / 252 Sp. Def / 4 HP
Aromatherapy
Softboiled
Sing
Seismic Toss
Hariyama @ Leftovers
Adamant / Thick Fat
252 Atk. / 252 Spd. / 4 Def.

Focus Punch
Ice Punch
Substitute
Bulk Up

SubPunch! Sets up a 107 HP Substitute meaning you cannot break it in one hit with Seismic Toss or put me to sleep with Sing, stats up with Bulk Up and OHKOs easily with Focus Punch. :)

Riddle

Smash Lord
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Chansey Sing you on the switch and then get you low enough with Seismic toss before you wake up that you can't sub anymore. Chansey would then proceed to KO with seismic toss before you kill her with Ice punch I believe.

supermarth64

Smash Ace
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Chansey Sing you on the switch and then get you low enough with Seismic toss before you wake up that you can't sub anymore. Chansey would then proceed to KO with seismic toss before you kill her with Ice punch I believe.
No, that's incorrect. Sleep lasts 2 turns, and with Leftovers, Hariyama loses 74 HP per turn for 2 turns, allowing it to have enough HP to Substitute.

Riddle

Smash Lord
No, that's incorrect. Sleep lasts 2 turns, and with Leftovers, Hariyama loses 74 HP per turn for 2 turns, allowing it to have enough HP to Substitute.
Oh right. Read the rules. I just assumed sleep would last max for defender and min for counter or just simply average (3/4) but that isn't the case. Sorry then.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
If Hariyama is the current counter... Then...
Frosslass@leftovers
Calm/Snow Cloak
252Def/252SpD/5Spe
Taunt
Pain Split
Torment
Bide

Its a bit of a stretch, Taunt/Torment/Bide gets me doing damage whilst still living because of the EVs, then Pain Split to fix me up to do it again.

lololololo

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Frosslass@leftovers
Calm/Snow Cloak
252Def/252SpD/5Spe
Taunt
Pain Split
Torment
Bide

Its a bit of a stretch, Taunt/Torment/Bide gets me doing damage whilst still living because of the EVs, then Pain Split to fix me up to do it again.

lololololo
That's a rather shaky strategy... but I think it works...

With Bide you do an absolute max of 148 damage assuming Torment and Taunt is in place, since I can then only Ice Punch every other turn, or 28.25%. This means you 4HKO factoring in Leftovers recovery. My Ice Punches do a max of 21.06% w/ Leftovers recover, a 5HKO. All that's mixed up by Taunt and Torment ending and whether you Pain Split. Waaay too complicated. :confused:

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Frosslass@leftovers
Calm/Snow Cloak
252Def/252SpD/5Spe
Taunt
Pain Split
Torment
Bide

lololololo
Time to bring hariyama back!

Hariyama @ Burn Orb
Guts / Adamant
252 HP / 252 ATK / 4 DEF
Close Combat
Facade
Fake Out
Stone Edge

Stone edge is a one-hit KO, which pretty much makes all of your moves obsolete against me. Nice gimmick set though. :D

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Time to bring hariyama back!

Hariyama @ BurnFlame Orb
Guts / Adamant
252 HP / 252 ATK / 4 DEF
Close Combat
Facade
Fake Out
Stone Edge

Stone edge is a one-hit KO, which pretty much makes all of your moves obsolete against me. Nice gimmick set though. :D
Not sure if being bested by a gimmick set is a good thing... but oh well. :ohwell: And Fake Out is completely pointless. It can't hit Frosslass due to being a Ghost type, and since you've already been switched in, it fails on the next Pokemon as well.

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Bold / Pressure
252 HP / 252 Def. / 4 Sp. Atk.

Shadow Ball
Psychic
HP Fighting
Nasty Plot

Is immune to three of your moves and takes low damage from Stone Edge as well (which you can only use four times due to Pressure's draining ability). Stats up one or maybe two times with Nasty Plot and OHKOs with Psychic.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not sure if being bested by a gimmick set is a good thing... but oh well. :ohwell: And Fake Out is completely pointless. It can't hit Frosslass due to being a Ghost type, and since you've already been switched in, it fails on the next Pokemon as well.

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Bold / Pressure

Shadow Ball
Psychic
HP Fighting
Nasty Plot

Is immune to three of your moves and takes low damage from Stone Edge as well (which you can only use four times due to Pressure's draining ability). Stats up one or maybe two times with Nasty Plot and OHKOs with HP Fighting.
I was under the impression we assume the pokemon before is at full advantage.

In other words, assume fake out hits even the pokemon after

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Bold / Pressure

Shadow Ball
Psychic
HP Fighting
Nasty Plot
Doesn't work.

Stone edge is a 3HKO even with leftovers, since you have to assume max damage from hariyama. This only gives you one time to use psychic, your most powerful move, (hariyama outspeeds), and even your psychic plus two health losses from flame orb still isn't enough to kill hariyama.

Should look like this:

Spiritomb switch in
Hariyama Stone edge
Flame orb damage to hariyama and leftovers heal to spiritomb

Hariyama stone edge
spiritomb psychic (or anything else for that matter)

Hariyama stone edge KOs spiritomb

Also what PsychoIncarnate said about fake out is correct. That said, I now realize fake out won't ever serve any real purpose, because I could only use it on the switch in and since a switch in takes up the other pokemon's turn anyway, facade would be better for sheer power (not in this case but in general).

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Doesn't work.

Stone edge is a 3HKO even with leftovers, since you have to assume max damage from hariyama. This only gives you one time to use psychic, your most powerful move, (hariyama outspeeds), and even your psychic plus two health losses from flame orb still isn't enough to kill hariyama.

Should look like this:

Spiritomb switch in
Hariyama Stone edge

Hariyama stone edge
spiritomb psychic (or anything else for that matter)

Hariyama stone edge KOs spiritomb

Also what PsychoIncarnate said about fake out is correct. That said, I now realize fake out won't ever serve any real purpose, because I could only use it on the switch in and since a switch in takes up the other pokemon's turn anyway, facade would be better for sheer power (not in this case but in general).
Shoot! What was I thinking? :dizzy: Maybe I should have gone for Claydol after all... at least I was sort of semi correct about Fake Out.

I'll see what the next person posts up tomorrow.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Dusclops@Leftovers
Pressure/Adamant
252Atk/252Def/4SpD
Shadow Sneak
Disable
Confuse Ray
Earthquake

Hariyama can go die

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Chansey@LEftovers
Calm/Serene Grace
4HP/252Def/252SpD
Sing
Seismic Toss
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

Whoever the current counter is this beats it

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
This is so pathetically unoriginal, I have a habit of doing that, but... Meh.
@Camerupt

Milotic @ Flame Orb
Modest / Marvel Scale
158 Def / 252 Sp. Atk / 100 Sp. Def
Hydro Pump
Blizzard
HP Electric
Recover

I don't even really need to explain this. Soaks up any of your attacks, quickly disposes of you with Hydro Pump.

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
This is so pathetically unoriginal, I have a habit of doing that, but... Meh.
@Camerupt

Milotic @ Flame Orb
Modest / Marvel Scale
158 Def / 252 Sp. Atk / 100 Sp. Def
Hydro Pump
Blizzard
HP Electric
Recover

I don't even really need to explain this. Soaks up any of your attacks, quickly disposes of you with Hydro Pump.
Being unoriginal isn't completely bad. It's better then trying to be original and failing the counter.

So....

Abomasnow@Leftovers
Sassy/Snow Warning
252HP/100SpAt/156SpDef

Leech Seed
Energy Ball
Earthquake
Blizzard

Energy Ball does 42%min, which when combined with Hail and Burn, turns it into a comfy 2HKO. My EVs prevent a 3HKO with Blizzard, your strongest move against me.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Moltres@Life Orb
Modest/Pressure
4HP/252SpA/252Spe
Flamethrower
Air Slash
HP Electric
Roost

>:(

Platypus

Smash Ace
Astride a magic potato alongside Mario. ________ S
Being unoriginal isn't completely bad. It's better then trying to be original and failing the counter.
...We are on different planes, you and I. Then again, it is better to succeed in originality than fail in imitaion, or something.

Versus Rhyperior:

Slaking w/Expert Belt
Naughty/Truant
200 Atk./ 200 Def./ 110 Sp. Atk.
+ Giga Impact
+ Low Kick
+ Blizzard
+ Fire Blast
If only there were a Normal-type physical Psycho Boost, I would completely ignore it.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
What are the rules for protect/detect? As in, how many turns in a row can it work

EDIT:

Regardless,

Ursaring @ Flame orb
Adamant / Guts
252 ATK / 172 DEF / 84 Speed
Taunt
Crunch
Facade
Close Combat

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
PROPOSAL TO BAN SLAKING because only a few Pokemon can counter it, and those usually require sub-optimal EV spreads in order to do so. Basically, he's the Scizor of this counter game.

Leafeon @ Leftovers
Adamant / Leaf Guard
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpDef
Leaf Blade
X-Scissor
Return
Swords Dance

Facade is 3HKO with Leftovers recovery.
I (barely) 2HKO max def Urasing with Leaf Blade, including Burn damage.
EDIT: Clarification, I outspeed.

INB4STEEL

WouW

Smash Lord
PROPOSAL TO BAN SLAKING because only a few Pokemon can counter it, and those usually require sub-optimal EV spreads in order to do so. Basically, he's the Scizor of this counter game.
You just need something that can survive all four moves of Slaking and has Protect and some way to damage it.
Spiritomb (lols at anything), Dusclops (max Shadow Claw fails to 2HKO a max/max+ Dusclops), max/max+ or Shuca Aggron walls it and Shuca Bastiodon walls it. Cloyster, Leafeon, Uxie, Donphan and Torkoal can easily take a Giga Impact. (this all is assuming no boosting item, but all but max/max aggron still work). And that's just a few examples.

@Leafeon:

Flareon @ Life Orb
Rash/Flash Fire
252SpA/244Spe/12Atk
Overheat
Superpower
Hidden Power Grass
Fire Blast

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario