• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Counter Game III: READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING. Join the fun!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I vote for earlier than that

Seriously lol.

Also we need to open a Counter Game IV for it.
A fourth Counter Game will be used, but we're definitely waiting until the American release. Some people don't know anything about Black / White yet, so leaving this open is only fair towards the interest of others.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
but it's for us here

we pretty much are learning gen 5 stuff, so why should we wait until it's released in america when everyone who comes here can learn about it and has access to it

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i was just about to suggest that

i think most of us know the 5th gen stuff and there always is serebii for looking up 5th gen pokemon stats

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I still barely know anything about gen 5, I dont know any of the pokemon by name and as of right now there's still no indication of what movesets are and arent legal. Patience children.

@Charizard

Claydol@Leftovers
Impish/Levitate
252Hp/88Atk/168Def
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Cosmic Power
-Rest

Platypus

Smash Ace
Astride a magic potato alongside Mario. ________ S
Expanding into the next generation will prepare us for the new world.

Against Claydol:

Milotic w/Chesto Berry
Modest/Marvel Scale
140 HP/ 240 Def./ 130 Sp. Atk.
+ Haze
+ Rest
+ Hydro Pump
+ Blizzard

If I wanted to fly, I would be gone.

SCORE!
OU, BL+1 UU+2 NU+3 Counter Fail+5 Tier below defender+1 (NU, UU, BL/OU)
NJzFinest, Meta-Kirby - 6; B T, Sir Bedevere - 5; jigglyppuff8 - 4; ss118 - 3; TFS - 2; LASHING LEAF - 1
Cease Tick - 18
cheeseball341 - 37
Circa - 35
Druggedfox - 13
IceArrow - 30
kirbyraeg - 52
Melfice z - 32
Metal~Mario - 54
mood4food77 - 52
Moozle - 33
Pink Reaper - 23
Platypus - 70
PowerBomb - 18
Riddle - 36
RuNNing Riot - 36
Terywj - 99
The Real Gamer -31
The Wrath of Koarin - 16
UltiMario - 40
Wave+ - 32
WouW - 10
Wrath` - 16
xLeafybug =D - 30

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Gengar @ Leftovers
252 Spd / 252 SpAtk / 4 Hp
Timid / Levitate

Energy Ball
Substitute
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I still barely know anything about gen 5, I dont know any of the pokemon by name and as of right now there's still no indication of what movesets are and arent legal. Patience children.
I'm with this, even though I do know a few things. Plus we know nothing about tiers.

Parasect @ Leftovers
Adamant / Dry Skin
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Spore
- Seed Bomb
- X-Scissor
- Brick Break

Gengar phails, so this counters Quagsire.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Yeah, we're definitely sticking with no Generation V stuff until it's officially released in America and most of the tiers have filtered out.
The tiers will be most likely filtered out before Gen V is released in America, so don't worry about that part too much.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
Articuno @ Lum Berry
Pressure / Bold
252 HP / 172 Def / 82 SpD
Blizzard
Roost
Substitute
HP Electric

mood4food77

Smash Hero
Ariados @ Leftovers
Insomnia / Jolly
252 HP / 62 Atk / 196 Spe
Poison Jab
Bug Bite
Sucker Punch
Protect

now it works

you do 30.5% max with focus punch, i outrun you and deal 63% min with poison jab, leading me to cleanly 2HKO you before you can 4HKO me, even with your sub up

:)

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Bastiodon @ Focus Sash
Brave / Sturdy
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef (0 Spe IV)
- Taunt
- Metal Burst
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Obvious Steel is very obvious.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Well, here goes my attempt. I hope I'm not too rusty at this. >__>

Dusknoir
----------
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Impish
Item: Lagging Tail
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Defense, 4 HP

Moveset:
Thunderpunch
Trick
Earthquake
Ice Punch

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Bold lowers your Attack. :\ Also, Mean Look is completely useless in this game. Well it's actually banned...but it still has no use at all.

Just to note.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Bold lowers your Attack. :\ Also, Mean Look is completely useless in this game. Well it's actually banned...but it still has no use at all.

Just to note.
Blah! It was Impish I was thinking of! How'd I make such a careless mistake!? T-T

How is Mean Look banned? I know it's nigh useless under normal circumstances, but for the sake of countering Bastiodon, preventing it from switching once it knows its sash is gone, it makes sense, otherwise, it'd have no real counter... unless switching out is banned in this counter game. >__>

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Mean Look is banned. There's no usefulness for the countering Pokemon. This is the Counter Game. The Bastiodon is not going to switch out if it loses his Focus Sash.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Blah! It was Impish I was thinking of! How'd I make such a careless mistake!? T-T

How is Mean Look banned? I know it's nigh useless under normal circumstances, but for the sake of countering Bastiodon, preventing it from switching once it knows its sash is gone, it makes sense, otherwise, it'd have no real counter... unless switching out is banned in this counter game. >__>
I always imagined the situation in this game being like a Pokemon battle between two mind readers, who have an unlimited amount of Pokemon at their disposal. One chooses a Pokemon to use, and then the other reads the opponent's mind and chooses a Pokemon to counter. Reading the opponent's mind and seeing the counter, however, he picks something to counter the counter. And it just continues like that.

But to put it simply, I'd just switch in when you switch out, so Mean Look would never hit me. And because you're going to immediately switch out when someone else brings in a counter, your Mean Look won't make a difference anyway.

Oh, and anything slower than Bastiodon can pretty much counter it. ;)

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Alright, I replaced Mean Look. Hope it's better. I would've changed it sooner, but I was at a game club. XD

*sigh* This is the first time I've been off my Pokégame this badly. Can a couple of months away from the Pokémon scene warp my knowledge by this much? D‘:

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Well, here goes my attempt. I hope I'm not too rusty at this. >__>

Dusknoir
----------
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Impish
Item: Lagging Tail
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Defense, 4 HP

Moveset:
Thunderpunch
Trick
Earthquake
Ice Punch
Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe
Adamant/Guts

Yawn
Return
Crunch
Protect

Guts lets me 2hko with Crunch, and I won't die after two EQs and one round of toxic poison damage.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe
Adamant/Guts

Yawn
Return
Crunch
Protect

Guts lets me 2hko with Crunch, and I won't die after two EQs and one round of toxic poison damage.
Machamp

Ability: No Guard
Item: Chesto Berry
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 52 HP, 196 Atk, 252 Def, 8 Speed

Moveset:
Superpower
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Thunderpunch

asianaussie

Smash Hero
How will it manage to launch a guts-boosted return? Toxic orb only activates at the end of the turn, by which time Infernape is in and lol'ing at the not-OHKO damage it took.

Infernape outspeeds, and unboosted return doesn't OHKO it, so even if it uses Return on the switch Infernape can CC for the win, since it doesn't have Quick Feet.

Feraligatr @ Mystic Water
Lax/Torrent
252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
~ Hydro Pump
~ Aqua Tail
~ Swords Dance
~ Return

Infernape can't 2HKO, Torrent Aqua Tail is an easy KO, Hydro Pump is a lolKO.
It beats Machamp regardless, Superpower wouldn't 2HKO even without the statdown, and that means none of the others will 2HKO either, while Feraligatr outspeeds and Hydro Pumps twice.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
doubt this counters machamp but can't be bothered changing this counter which was directed at what seemed to be a completely valid counter >_>

How will it manage to launch a guts-boosted return? Toxic orb only activates at the end of the turn, by which time Infernape is in and lol'ing at the not-OHKO damage it took.

Infernape outspeeds, and unboosted return doesn't OHKO it, so even if it uses Return on the switch Infernape can CC for the win, since it doesn't have Quick Feet.

Feraligatr @ Mystic Water
Lax/Torrent
252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
~ Hydro Pump
~ Aqua Tail
~ Swords Dance
~ Return

Infernape can't 2HKO, Torrent Aqua Tail is an easy KO, Hydro Pump is a lolKO.
Actually I think this does do a number on Machamp, Superpower wouldn't 2HKO even without the statdown, and that means none of the others will 2HKO either, while Feraligatr outspeeds and Hydro Pumps twice.
The only reason I assume guts activation is the little rule of "all favor goes to the defending counter", and it's possible to assume that a situation exists where ursaring comes in and activates its toxic orb while not taking any damage, prompting a situation where he would switch to infernape to be ko'd by +1 return.

also

Phione @ Leftovers
252 HP/176 Def/80 SpDef
Bold/Hydration

Rain Dance
Surf
Toxic
Rest

Top Bottom