• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "Cut" Brawl Content Thread.....(list of cut music added)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
As a lot of you may or may not know, there were many Assist Trophies, Pokemon, and music tracks that were cut from the final version of Brawl. The purpose of this topic is to identify all of the content that was in the demoes but not in the final game, and to try and figure out what happened to it all.

Here is a list of Assist Trophies that have not been seen in the final game or in the debug menu:
- Sothe: one of the most commonly sighted Assist Trophies at Jumpfest. Instead of using his knife, he would do backflips to damage his opponents. He would also make a shout-out to Ike.

- Rosalina: she would throw five star pieces, and after collecting them all, you would create a launch star which could be used to devastate your opponents.

- Muddy Mole: This Assist Trophy was commonly sighted at Whobby.

- Duster: there has been no description as to what this Assist Trophy did.

- Pegasus Knights: A group of generic Pegasus Knights from Fire Emblem would attack your enemies at summoning them.

- Adeline: this Assist Trophy was also reported at Whobby.

List of cut Pokemon:

- Onix: reported in the same breath as Metagross. He would the same attack as in the original Smash.
- Shaymin: I am not sure what this pokemon did, but there was a lot of heated debate about this Pokemon making its appearance since it has yet to be officially unveiled by Nintendo.
- Leafeon: Supposedly, Eevee would appear and make a random evolution into one of its evolved forms, sort of like Clefairy.
- Regigigas: This Pokemon was reported at the same time as Metagross, yet it is absent in the final game.

List of cut music:
- The Kingdom of Bern: This track played in FE6 and FE7. It was reported alongside two other Fire Emblem track that were in the final game. They included the FE7 Battle Theme and Mira's Aid, both of which are in the final game.

Here is something to suggest that the Kingdom of Bern was taken out of Brawl:
J02 - Fire Emblem - Main Theme
J03 - Fire Emblem - Medley
J04 - Fire Emblem Gaiden - With Mila's Divine Protection
J06 - Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones - Combat Preparation
J07 - Fire Emblem Sword of Seals - Winning Road
J08 - Fire Emblem Blazing Sword - Strije to the Challenge
J09 - Fire Emblem Path Of Radiance - Black Knight Battle
J10 - Fire Emblem Path Of Radiance - Crimea Attacks
J11 - Fire Emblem Path Of Radiance - Power-Hungry Fool
J12 - Fire Emblem Path Of Radiance - Victory Is Near
J13 - Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn - Eternal Bond

Notice that J01 and J05 are both absent. I am guessing that the Kingdom of Bern was either J01 or J05.

What happened to all this content?

Edit, there was much more cut music in Brawl than originally thought. Somebody was able to find a list of the names of all of the missing Braw;l tracks. This list is courtesy of Thino:

snd_bgm_X12_SIMPLEINTRO (Classic Mode Intro)
snd_bgm_X14_ENDING (Classic Mode Ending)
snd_bgm_X24_HOW2PLAY (How to Play)
snd_bgm_A11_MLRPG02 (Another piece from one of the Mario & Luigi RPGs)
snd_bgm_A12_MORINOKINOKO ("Mori no kinoko" = Mushroom Forest...which game? Could it be...SMRPG?!)
snd_bgm_C06_KAZENOSAKANA (Ballad of the Windfish)
snd_bgm_E04_COOKIE (Yoshi's Cookie)
snd_bgm_G06_COMMAND (Star Fox: Command)
snd_bgm_J01_STAGECHANGE (No idea...maybe BGM for when Castle Siege changes forms?)
snd_bgm_J05_ERABARESHI (Erabareshimono = "The Chosen One(s)")
snd_bgm_K02_SENTOUONIISAN (Battle with Masked Man from MOTHER 3)
snd_bgm_K03_EIGHTMELODIES (Eight Melodies from EarthBound)
snd_bgm_K04_SMILEANDTEARS (Smiles and Tears from EarthBound)
snd_bgm_K06_BECAUSE (Because I Love You from EarthBound)
snd_bgm_M14_WARIOSTAGE (Another Microgame$ tune)
snd_bgm_N04_RADIOTAISO ("Radio Taisou" = Radio Exercises)
snd_bgm_Q03_SPORTSMEDLEY (Soccer / Baseball / etc. on the NES, probably)
snd_bgm_R01_WILDTRACKS (No clue...)
snd_bgm_S01_MAINTHEME (MGS Main Theme...no doubt taken out of the main game because of the composition controversy)
snd_bgm_S09_BEATMANIA (MGS music from Beatmania?)
snd_bgm_T04_HOWTOPLAY (Original "How to Play" music?)
snd_bgm_U05_UCANDO ("You Can Do It"...? Probably another vocal track.)
snd_bgm_W22_DX55 (The missing Melee track...Fourside?)
snd_bgm_Y06_ADV06 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)
snd_bgm_Y12_ADV12 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)
snd_bgm_Y18_ADV18 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)
snd_bgm_Y19_ADV19 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)
snd_bgm_Y20_ADV20 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)
snd_bgm_Y21_ADV21 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)
snd_bgm_Y22_ADV22 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)
snd_bgm_Y23_ADV23 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)
snd_bgm_Y24_ADV24 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)
snd_bgm_Y25_ADV25 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)
snd_bgm_Y26_ADV26 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)
snd_bgm_Y27_ADV27 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)
snd_bgm_Y28_ADV28 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)
snd_bgm_Y29_ADV29 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)
snd_bgm_Y30_ADV30 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)
snd_bgm_Z09_FLUIGI (Luigi's Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z12_FKUOPA (Bowser's Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z13_FPEACH (Peach's Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z14_FZELDA (Zelda's Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z15_FSHEIK (Sheik's Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z19_FFALCO (Falco's Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z20_FGANON (Ganondorf's Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z24_FZEROSAMUS (ZSS's Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z26_FLUCAS (Lucas' Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z27_FDIDDY (Diddy's Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z28_FPOKETRAINER (Pokemon Trainer's Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z32_FDEDEDE (King Dedede's Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z33_FLICARIO (Lucario's Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z34_FIKE (Ike's Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z37_FPURIN (Jigglypuff's Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z38_FMYU2 (Mewtwo's Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z39_FROY (Roy's Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z41_FTOONLINK (Toon Link's Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z52_JCLEAR1 (Some accomplishment music...probably for clearing a stage / event)
snd_bgm_Z53_JCLEAR2 (More accomplishment music)

Azureclipse

Smash Cadet
Another thing was Black Charizard. Multiple sources, including a picture on Brawl Central, showed Charizard having a "shiny"/black alternate color. However, a video was recently released, and alas, no black Charizard.

And I heard rumors about a Kumatora assist trophy too...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Another thing was Black Charizard. Multiple sources, including a picture on Brawl Central, showed Charizard having a "shiny"/black alternate color. However, a video was recently released, and alas, no black Charizard.

Yeah, I heard about the Shiny Charizard as well. However, the only form I heard Kumatora was in Brawl as was a sticker.

Forget Me Not

Smash Apprentice
I remember there being a really blurry image of a supposed shiny charizard. The kumatora sticker I think was from a brawl commercial I believe.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
1) Adeline is a girl

2) There was another pokemon I think . . . wasn't it Darkrai

And were there really no cut characters? Good job, Sakurai and co.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
1) Adeline is a girl

2) There was another pokemon I think . . . wasn't it Darkrai

And were there really no cut characters? Good job, Sakurai and co.
In debug menu, there are files for Mewtwo, Roy, Dr. Mario, Dixie Kong, Plusle & Minun, Toon Sheik, and Toon Zelda. However, these files are small, and it is likely that if they are still in, they are either incomplete, only costumes, or completely non-existant.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
In debug menu, there are files for Mewtwo, Roy, Dr. Mario, Dixie Kong, Plusle & Minun, Toon Sheik, and Toon Zelda. However, these files are small, and it is likely that if they are still in, they are either incomplete, only costumes, or completely non-existant.
Oh, those. I believe those were listed as fighters, I think. Did overalls Wario have his own file? If not, then that rules out costumes.

espio87

Smash Ace
chronobound, are you sure that those music tracks, pokemons and assists (can't make an excuse for black charizard) are not in the second layer of the game disc? I say and quote from wikipedia:"Dual Layer recording allows DVD-R and DVD+R discs to store significantly more data, up to 8.5 gigabytes per side, per disc, compared with 4.7 gigabytes for single-layer discs." now, if the game disc is indeed dual layered that would mean it's capacity is doubled. and let's face it, if the disc had 8.5 GB free then SSBB would surely fit in without anything being removed. I propose that someone should film all Ats and pokeballs since there hasn't appeared any on the internet and prove wether I'm wrong or not

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
chronobound, are you sure that those music tracks, pokemons and assists (can't make an excuse for black charizard) are not in the second layer of the game disc? I say and quote from wikipedia:"Dual Layer recording allows DVD-R and DVD+R discs to store significantly more data, up to 8.5 gigabytes per side, per disc, compared with 4.7 gigabytes for single-layer discs." now, if the game disc is indeed dual layered that would mean it's capacity is doubled. and let's face it, if the disc had 8.5 GB free then SSBB would surely fit in without anything being removed. I propose that someone should film all Ats and pokeballs since there hasn't appeared any on the internet and prove wether I'm wrong or not
Supposedly, nobody has cracked the second layer of Brawl yet. So you may be right.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Oh, those. I believe those were listed as fighters, I think. Did overalls Wario have his own file? If not, then that rules out costumes.
Overalls Wario did not, however, Giga Bowser and Wario-Man both had their own file.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Nice to organize this info into one thread. I sure hope we can figure out something about those "cut" characters in the coming weeks...

One thing I have now realized with those 128 size files is that there is really a possibility of some being skins for similar characters. I noticed in a color swap video that Nana cannot lead Popo in Brawl, and believe its because Nana's file is a costume file like Sheik's and Giga Bowser and Warioman that is applied to the second IC. Basically, There are two Popos as a duo, and the Nana file with the model tweaks and voice difference is always applied to the second one. Kinda sad that Nana cant lead anymore but no biggie. But that shows that it might be possible that the Mewtwo, Roy, etc. files might be applicable to their similar character. Who knows...

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Wait these were found as previous character files? I'm lost.

Chepe

Smash Lord
That would be because their movesets are different, even if only a bit. Overalls Wario isn't any different from Wario.

That rules out costumes, then.
Sheik and Nana both have their own 128 size file too though, because their moveset data is still in their counterpart (evidence: Zelda's file is abnormally large). It means that the data for Sheik, Nana, Warioman, and Giga Bowser's movesets are in their counterpart's main file, and that those guys are just costume data applied when the games calls them (for Nana it always applies it to the following IC). Overalls Wario doesnt have a different name, so its not hard to guess that his model data is in Wario's file..

So costumes are actually not out of the picture, yet.

•Col•

Smash Champion
You say that if Adeline was in the game, it'd be the only Kirby AT... But what about Knuckle Joe? o-o

blooagga

Smash Journeyman
Downloads off wii shop channel anyone? BOOM HEADSHOT

Chepe

Smash Lord
Can we actually confirm that those demo reports were accurate?
Metagross was confirmed at the same time as Onix, Shaymin, and Regigigas, and described just as he attacks in the final product (stabs the ground to use Earthquake). That implies that they were telling the truth. And Sothe (Soren in Japanese) was a high topic of discussion in the Japanese forums, apparently because he didnt attack using knives like he does in his game or something....

Monsty

Smash Rookie
chronobound, great news! it seems they decrypted only one layer! i found a video with music that doesn't appear anywhere in the current OST rip!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNVhnN7kriw
My mind is officially blown. I'm pretty sure that frog-type sound is the baby-face sound from Mario Paint. Especially since the map is designed to be the same graphic as those things.

You sure they didn't just turn off the game music and put their own in there? I just can't believe that Geno's Woods music sounding like that could be in there.

EDIT:
Beat hard.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Perhaps all of the "cut" content is hidden on the second layer to Brawl's disc. Why has not anyone ripped Brawl's second layer yet? Is it normally hard to hack through the second layer of a game disk?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

That Kumatora assist trophy rumor came from Gamefaqs. The person who said this said someone else saw her, not him, along with Duster. Anyway, I'm willing to bet that Sothe, Rosalina, Duster, Adeline, and others MIGHT have been fake. I believe I said this in an another thread, but we never had evidence that people actually saw these Assist Trophies or Pokemon.

espio87

Smash Ace
Perhaps all of the "cut" content is hidden on the second layer to Brawl's disc. Why has not anyone ripped Brawl's second layer yet? Is it normally hard to hack through the second layer of a game disk?
maybe because the decrypters are prepared to read single layered wii discs and not double layered?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
That Kumatora assist trophy rumor came from Gamefaqs. The person who said this said someone else saw her, not him, along with Duster. Anyway, I'm willing to bet that Sothe, Rosalina, Duster, Adeline, and others MIGHT have been fake. I believe I said this in an another thread, but we never had evidence that people actually saw these Assist Trophies or Pokemon.
The Kingdom of Bern news came alongside two other theme music tracks that did appear in the final game, and the opening post shows that Sakurai forgot to cover his tracks. Lots of people talked about the Sothe Assist Trophy in Japan. Something is definitely up.....

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
Hmm, I wonder if those reports is actually true or false to make us to have false hope or have false knowledge.

Is there any evidence that those AT/Pokeballs is actually in?

Of course, I felt that 27 AT and 28 Pokeballs is too low for my opinion.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The Kingdom of Bern news came alongside two other theme music tracks that did appear in the final game, and the opening post shows that Sakurai forgot to cover his tracks. Lots of people talked about the Sothe Assist Trophy in Japan. Something is definitely up.....
I guess you're right. Something is up. If there's more content in the second layer, could we be looking at DLC in the future?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I guess you're right. Something is up. If there's more content in the second layer, could we be looking at DLC in the future?
In actuality, the DLC wouldn't really be DLC, but would actually be unlocking content hidden on the game disk. I wish someone with more technical expertise could somehow figure out whether there is data in Brawl's second layer. Perhaps the reason why Brawl does have two layers is two better hide the game's secret, future content.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
In actuality, the DLC wouldn't really be DLC, but would actually be unlocking content hidden on the game disk. I wish someone with more technical expertise could somehow figure out whether there is data in Brawl's second layer. Perhaps the reason why Brawl does have two layers is two better hide the game's secret, future content.
If it's future content, I'll be jumping all over the place.

If it's not future content, then what would be in there? I mean, just how likely is it that the SSE consumed that much space?

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
The idea of secret content hidden on the disc intrigues me, but it sounds too good to be true.

Top Bottom