• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dair.

Oracle

Smash Master
Do you use it? Personally, I don't go for the spike, but I SH dair because there is a part with good knockback horizontally. I can't always get it, though.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I don't use it at all. In fact, I pretty much only use the nair and fair, maybe the uair.

The spike is pretty weak, anyway.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
It's a Meteor Smash, and a weak one at that. Plus you have to like... hit them with your armpit.

GodheadsLamentX

Smash Apprentice
I use it out of the shield if they land behind if they're too low (or crouching) to hit with a SHBair.

Has punishable lag, the meteor part is weak, with brawl-like hitstun (easily canceled up to a pretty high percent)

I found a better option though, waveshield to Ftilt. Sends them far.

His Least useful move. Period.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Tippers have LESS hitstun. This isn't marth we're talking about. Try it yourself.

Utilt is helpful when dishing out Uair juggles. Keeps them suspended for a moment.
It also has terrible lag and no way to legitimately follow it up.

Edit -- I tested in training mode, my memory failed me. I was talking about the same thing as the OP, a sweetspotted d-air that sends them horizontally. Non-sweetspotted d-air doesn't seem entirely useless; it pops them up, and could potentially link into another move if unexpected.

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
I only use Roy's dair if I am at least 1 life ahead of my opponent, and I'm in a position to successfully spike their stock away.

Omni_Smash

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... well... Yeah pretty much unless they are slower than you and at higher percentages, I would use something else.

Milos

Smash Lord
actually dair is not that bad. for spacing at least, at low %s dair -> jab puts them too far away to retaliate. hit with the middle of the sword on the dair and you can link it to a dtilt.

LSDX

Wah!
I've been thinking about this one move alone lately. I can't play as of now because of lots of busy work and etc., but when I get a chance, I'm thinking of testing out the physics of this move. This is one move I never even bothered with up until now. Probably worth it, probably not.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
dair is his worst move.
No, not by a long shot. Utilt gets that one. (Although you might be suprised by some of the stuff you can do with utilt...)

No that would be dair - > edge cancel - > uair - > fsmash - > taunt
Hahah, I've gotten a edge-cancelled (staying on the platform) dair spike -> fsmash tech chase once. Edge cancels anywhere in any combo make it hot.

neon..?

Smash Journeyman
oh really i thought it was. well anyway utilt had some uses last time i played melee.

Omni_Smash

Smash Apprentice
D-air is decent if you can hit with it, like most of Roy's moves if you can't hit with it (preferably on the middle of the sword) don't use it.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
My brother did a ledge hop -> dair and got the spike off when I was recovering and we lol'd.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
♫ I like his dair. Not to spike, but to deal damage and knockback. I think I speak for everybody when I say that... ♫

Top Bottom