• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dark Lords' Intreview Thread. [Current: Ray Kalm]

DoonKoon

Smash Journeyman
@PhantomX: This is a serious thread, so please don't lock it :(.

The Ganon Interview Thread

Get to know your community!

Ever wanted to know more about your fellow Ganons? I don't, but this is the place to find out! Every couple of weeks, I'll be interviewing a Ganon player from this very board. (I get to choose. Voting is for the weak.)

Hopefully, the entire community can use this thread to learn interesting tidbits about one another. What does so and so use Ganon? What are their thoughts about Brawl? Do they have a good looking sister? The possibilities are endless.

That's where this board comes in. When I choose someone to interview, I need questions to ask. Feel free to suggest any question that may cross your mind. I will choose the questions that I feel are the most interesting to ask. While I hope that most of these questions are serious ones, I don't mind throwing in a funny one or two.

Have fun.

INTERVIEWEE LIST:

1. DLA
2. Clai
3. Ray Kalm
4. ???

First Victim: DLA

Originally Posted by WhatIsRaizen? View Post
DLA, who do you think is the best Ganon, wifi or offline? Exclude yourself from this question.

also, do you like cookies?
Well I really can't say for sure who's the best Ganondorf. The most impressive Wifidorf I've fought is Ray Kalm; he very rarely makes mistakes, and his grab game with Ganondorf never ceases to impress me (Ganon has a grab game - go figure). Also, Zhouten is great all-around player, and Ijosh is the best edgeguarding Ganon I've fought.

As far as offline goes, I've had the pleasure of fighting three other great Ganons: Fonzi, Breezy, and Twilight Prince. All three of them were very good, and I'm really not sure who is the best out of those three (I didn't get to fight Fonzi's Ganon very long since he had to leave, unfortunately).

Oh and yes. I love cookies.

Originally Posted by DoonKoon View Post
Here's two: What was your highest placing with Ganondorf in a tournament? Do you have a secondary?
The best I've done going 100% Ganondorf is either 7th out of 27 or 5th out of 19 - take your pick. WI/IL has some tough competition so I'm very satisfied with how I did. Other than that, I always get 17th or better (17th/36 is the lowest I've gotten since I started maining Ganon). I've actually been kinda stuck at 17th - I got 17th/66 and 17th/60 for my last two tournaments.

As for secondaries... my most reliable secondary is Donkey Kong. There are 4 or 5 matchups that I feel more confident using DK instead of Ganon, so I usually won't force myself to use Ganon for these just for the sake of my pride. My Jigglypuff is pretty legit, and I'm also practicing with Falco and MK, though I'm not spectacular with them yet. Other characters I use well include Lucario, G&W, Wolf, and a few others.

Originally Posted by PhantomX View Post
What motivated you to start playing Ganondorf?
Well my first two mains were Snake and G&W. I pretty much learned the ropes with them, and after a month or two, I became the best player on the site I was playing on at the time (www.sssbbplayers.com, it shut down over a year ago). I wanted more of a challenge, so I decided to pick up my old Melee main, Ganon. I pretty much just wanted to own everyone with the worst character in the game. So I started using him in friendlies and such, and after a while, I replaced Snake and G&W for DK and Ganon.

I didn't get really "good" with Ganon until about the end of summer 2009. This is when I really started going to the major local/regional tournaments and playing the best midwest players. A year of fighting wifi noobs made me good at fighting wifi noobs, but actually getting out there and pushing myself to the limit really added a whole new dimension to my game.

Originally Posted by Twilight Prince View Post
Sup?
nm, u?

Originally Posted by Superspright View Post
What's your favorite follow up from the choke overall?
I really like choke -> Dtilt, especially at low percentages. Usually, your opponent has two options after getting Dtilted: don't jump and risk getting Dtilted again, or jump and risk getting Uaired. A lot of players will jump EVERY time, in which case you can usually get a nice Uair.
If they're at kill %, I will almost always try for the KO after a choke. Fsmash or stomp for backwards roll/standup, dash attack for rolls away, and walk backwards -> stutter step Fsmash for getup attacks.

Originally Posted by Z1GMA View Post
1. What, in your opinion, is the most important thing to keep in mind when playing the 'Dorf?

2. Are you lactose intolerant?
1. When you're playing Ganon, you're the baddest mofo in the world. You gotta be 100% confident in yourself. You gotta have the attitude that you're never going to lose a fight in your life. Attitudes don't lie, even if the idea you base them on is false.

2. Nope. I'm open and accepting to all types of sugars, regardless of flavor, color, or calorie content. Or whose nipple it comes out of.

Originally Posted by Ganonsburg View Post
To go along with Z1G's, do you prefer milk or water?

What's your favorite subject in school?
1. Water when I'm thirsty, milk for everything else. 2% represent

2. Sex ed (because I like the slides)

Originally Posted by Bahamut777 View Post
Do you have any hobbies?

What do you feel when (if) you get flammed for using Ganon?

What is Ganon's hardest MU, IYO?

Do you like Brawl as it is or are you hacking-addept?

Is there any player that you like/respect/aim toward?
1. I play guitar and a few other instruments. I've also had some other random hobbies such as yo-yoing, Rubik's cubes, and other crazy stuff. I'm also very athletic but too lazy to play any sports.

2 I never really get flamed for using Ganon. It's not really something you CAN flame someone for lol... it's something that's to be admired. Whenever people tell me that I should switch characters, I just say "nah" and keep beating them.

3. Probably icies. I also think the DDD matchup is a lot harder than you guys say it is; I'd rather fight a good Sheik than a good DDD.

4. I have a moderate amount of hacks on my wii... I had the basics and some texture hacks, but then I downloaded Affinity's SD card pack and I'm now using that.

5. I have a lot of respect for a lot of smashers in my region, but I guess one guy in particular is Ally. He seems to take everything in stride, and he makes everything look so easy. Very chill dood.

If you had to pick a fruit, which fruit would you be, and why?
Marth. Because he has a tiara.

Originally Posted by @HomE View Post
what do you want to be when you grow up?

cats or dogs?

favorite day of the week?

Coke or Pepsi?

Pop or Soda?

how tall are you?

Chevy or Ford?
1. I'm already grown up lol XD; I'm in a surgical tech program, and I'll be able to work as a surgical tech (the guy that hands the surgeon the instruments) next January. I might apply for medical school later, however.

2. Dogs; I'm involved in a dog rescue actually.

3. Saturday.

4. Doesn't matter.

5. Pop (I'm from Chicago, it's pretty much required).

6. 6'0.

7. Ford I guess.

Originally Posted by Clai View Post
FoG, Utilt, or Warlock Punch. Which move are you most comfortable with in a tournament setting?

Do you have any plans of ever entering an tri-state tournament (NY, PA, NJ)?

What is your proudest achievement with Ganondorf?
1. I use FoG a LOT. I'm the best FoGer that I've met, and I get numerous kills each tournament with FoG. I'm pretty sure I fulfilled DAD's dream of being a Flubber Ganon :p

2. Eh maybe. Except around here, "Tri-state" means IL, IN, and WI. So yes I've entered a bunch of those :p

3. It's hard to say. I like it when random people (or very well-known) people come up to me and want to meet "that pro Ganon". I've beaten some of the best players in the country in $MMs and friendlies, but unfortunately, my tournament career has been filled with far too much "almost". I still have yet to achieve anything that I can truly be proud of; so for now, I'll say that my proudest achievement is getting 7th in one of the toughest tournaments I've ever been to.

Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
Why won't you ever come to MN for tourneys?

How often do you bathe/shower?

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck just quit giving a **** and started a bluegrass band?
1. Because no one else in IL wants to go to MN lol. And I don't want to pay for gas by myself

2. I shower if I'm going somewhere. Either that or if I get really f***ing gross.

3. Four. He'd eat four woods.

Do you plan to travel to some other country/state/region to play on a big tourney?

Would you come to Brazil? *-*

What controller and controller scheme do you use?

Do you have some kind of trademark or custom item that you always use at tourneys so people can identify you?

Photos of yourself? 8D

Favourite underwear color?
1. I travel out of state to tournaments all the time. I haven't been out of the midwest yet, but it's pretty likely I'll end up going to EC for SOMETHING by the end of the year.

2. Pay for my round trip plane ticket, food, and board... then sure :p

3. Tap jump off... that's pretty much it. If I'm playing DK, then I'll use the Bongo drums from Donkey Konga.

4. Why yes, I always wear a rather large sombrero. I'll also probably be wearing a grey jacket that makes me look homeless. Also, probably a T-shirt with a good band on it (Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, etc). Starting next tournament, I'll also be wearing some obscenely sexy shades :p

This is me after I barely lost to Ally's CF in pools (note the sombrero :p)

6. Brown. Just to cover up any mishaps :O

Second Victim: Clai

Who do you think is the best wifi/online dorf?
I don't like gauging people's skills based on Wifi, mainly because of how much lag can get in the way of things. If you mean to ask who's the best wifi/offline Ganon, I would have to say Vex Kasrani is the best Ganon. I might be biased because I play Vex all the time, but I'd say that he knows how to win with Ganon in the highest levels of play more than anyone.

how often do you use the dorf in tournaments?
I've been using Ganon more and more in tournaments. If I'm fighting Falco or one of Ganon's 0-100 matchups, I may switch to another character, but I'm actually planning on saying 'screw the matchups' and just go all Ganon.

Your FoG video is amazing! How many time you spent practicing and recording all that? What about the edge game video?
For the FoG video, it only took me about an hour to get all the footage and then maybe 30 minutes making the video. When I saw the FoG section in the last Super Ganon Time video, I was already consistent with doing FoG's and I figured out pretty quickly how to pull off the FoG's in that video, so it was just a matter of playing timed matches and getting the FoG's off.

The ledge guide video took probably around 2-3 hours in total. Again, I already knew what I planned to put in the video, so it was a matter of just playing the matches and being able to pull off everything I needed to.

Did you ever used Ganon in a tourney? What was your ranking then?
Ganondorf is by far my best character, so I use him all the time in tournaments. The only times when I don't use Ganon are if I think I'm going to fight an impossible matchup like the IC's, but I'm actually planning on using Ganon in those matchups as well.

My tournament record fails really hard, but it's due to the fact that when I play tournament matches, I tend to lose technical control over Ganon completely and I end up being incapable of doing anything that I try to do., not because of my character choice.

You think FoG is really useful during a serious match against high level players?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAdXK-XrJqY

Yes. Anything that give Ganondorf more options is good enough to use for me. Ganon really needs all the options he can get.

Ganon's favourite move?
Warlock Punch. Obvious answer.

Do you plan to travel to some other country/state/region to play on a big tourney?
Outside of NY/NJ/PA, I don't plan on travelling out of my region for tournaments. I don't have my driver's license and I don't want my parents to freak out about taking public transportation that far.

Not in the forseeable future.

I use a Gamecube controller with L set to jump and X set to attack. L is at jump because it helps me with jumping out of shield, and X is so I can do walk-off Murder Stomps off the edge of the stage and not fast-fall them and kill myself.

Oh, and my tag is 'Manly' Pretty obvious as to why.

Do you have some kind of trademark or custom item that you always use at tourneys so people can identify you?
I print out images related to Ganondorf and tape them to my shirt. It gets people's attention pretty easily. At Veridian City, I coupled a picture of Ganon doing a Warlock Punch next to a picture of Chuck Norris and wrote, 'It is written, only Link Chuck Norris can defeat Ganon."

Photos of yourself? 8D
How about a video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvabzPfMc70

Gray

Do you have any hobbies?
I like running, playing tennis, playing the piano/tenor saxophone, and reading (either about weapons or humorous books, especially Dave Barry; he's hilarious)

I'm not really affected by it. I just tell them about how manly Ganondorf is and leave it at that.

Ice Climbers. They can just grab Ganondorf out of too much too easily. If Ganon had moves that weren't so terrible on shield, IC's would be a lot more manageable, but I can't do anything about that.

I don't hack myself, but I do play texture/music hacks. I also play Brawl Minus, but I don't use Ganondorf in that game because I don't want to get my timing for standard Brawl messed up. I can't wait for the Alpha release, and I'm not sure as to who I'll main in that game, but I'm leaning towards Luigi.

You'd have to be pretty much a complete jerk for me to not like you. We're all here to have fun, and it's awesome to share my love for this game to other people.

Originally Posted by DLA View Post
What's your greatest strength with Ganon? Greatest weakness?
My greatest strength with Ganon is the speed and fluidness that I play him. I take pride in having a very technical and fast Ganon (LOL calling Ganon fast) because it sure helps fighting players who think "Ganon's so slow I can do anything I want to him and he can't do a thing about it."

My greatest weakness is being offensive offstage. I get hesitant in attempting to edgeguard someone offstage because knowing how crappy his recovery is, I tend to predict wrong and then get edgeguarded myself. I see people like Ijosh edgeguard the balls off an opponent and I'm all "I wish I could do that and not worry about killing myself..."

Originally Posted by Noobicidal View Post
Where would you be at in life were it not for Kamina's manly influence?
If Gurrenn Lagann has taught me anything, it's taught me to never give up on myself because through effort and determination, any obstacle can be destroyed. However, I have already had this type of personality, for the most part, and I've only watched Gurrenn Lagann this past summer, so to be frank, it hasn't had that much of an effect on me.

In terms of affecting me as a competitive smasher, Gurrenn Lagann gives me some incredible quotes that I can use if anyone tries to put me down for using Ganondorf. However, I have had my goal to become the manliest Brawler long before I watched Gurrenn Lagann.

On a scale of 3 to 26, how turned on do you get by sight of your own nude butt?
30. Every time I stare at it, I instantly have Jessica Alba's face burned into my mind. I was meaning to check that out, because that might be a serious psychological problem.

Originally Posted by Hobs V
What's in the name? (repeat for everyone else)
When I started competitive Smash back in 2007, I knew I wanted a short, distinct name, but not an abbreviation like M2K. I had thought of Clay Aiken because I remembered American Idol and thought he had a cool name, so I replaced the 'Y' with an 'I' for more cool points and that was that.

Originally Posted by WhatIsRaizen?

Why do you think you're the manliest guy there is?
It's a combination of my aggressive and technical playstyle, my boisterous personality in tournaments, and the fact that I'm more willing to use Warlock Punch and other techniques that are probably useless but have infinite manly points than the other Ganon mains. The other character mains don't count because Ganondorf is, by far, the manliest character in Brawl and just using him makes me manlier than they are. The 'Manly' tag just adds to it all.

Third Victim: Ray Kalm

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'll allow this, but I'll be keeping a close watch on it due to your history of trolling. If you don't break any rules or try to inflame anyone, we won't have any problems.

I'll let you choose the interviewers, but the questions are going to be communal.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
DLA, who do you think is the best Ganon, wifi or offline? Exclude yourself from this question.

DoonKoon

Smash Journeyman
Here's two: What was your highest placing with Ganondorf in a tournament? Do you have a secondary?

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh

Well I really can't say for sure who's the best Ganondorf. The most impressive Wifidorf I've fought is Ray Kalm; he very rarely makes mistakes, and his grab game with Ganondorf never ceases to impress me (Ganon has a grab game - go figure). Also, Zhouten is great all-around player, and Ijosh is the best edgeguarding Ganon I've fought.

As far as offline goes, I've had the pleasure of fighting three other great Ganons: Fonzi, Breezy, and Twilight Prince. All three of them were very good, and I'm really not sure who is the best out of those three (I didn't get to fight Fonzi's Ganon very long since he had to leave, unfortunately).

The best I've done going 100% Ganondorf is either 7th out of 27 or 5th out of 19 - take your pick. WI/IL has some tough competition so I'm very satisfied with how I did. Other than that, I always get 17th or better (17th/36 is the lowest I've gotten since I started maining Ganon). I've actually been kinda stuck at 17th - I got 17th/66 and 17th/60 for my last two tournaments.

As for secondaries... my most reliable secondary is Donkey Kong. There are 4 or 5 matchups that I feel more confident using DK instead of Ganon, so I usually won't force myself to use Ganon for these just for the sake of my pride. My Jigglypuff is pretty legit, and I'm also practicing with Falco and MK, though I'm not spectacular with them yet. Other characters I use well include Lucario, G&W, Wolf, and a few others.

Well my first two mains were Snake and G&W. I pretty much learned the ropes with them, and after a month or two, I became the best player on the site I was playing on at the time (www.sssbbplayers.com, it shut down over a year ago). I wanted more of a challenge, so I decided to pick up my old Melee main, Ganon. I pretty much just wanted to own everyone with the worst character in the game. So I started using him in friendlies and such, and after a while, I replaced Snake and G&W for DK and Ganon.

I didn't get really "good" with Ganon until about the end of summer 2009. This is when I really started going to the major local/regional tournaments and playing the best midwest players. A year of fighting wifi noobs made me good at fighting wifi noobs, but actually getting out there and pushing myself to the limit really added a whole new dimension to my game.

nm, u?

I really like choke -> Dtilt, especially at low percentages. Usually, your opponent has two options after getting Dtilted: don't jump and risk getting Dtilted again, or jump and risk getting Uaired. A lot of players will jump EVERY time, in which case you can usually get a nice Uair.

If they're at kill %, I will almost always try for the KO after a choke. Fsmash or stomp for backwards roll/standup, dash attack for rolls away, and walk backwards -> stutter step Fsmash for getup attacks.

1. What, in your opinion, is the most important thing to keep in mind when playing the 'Dorf?

1. When you're playing Ganon, you're the baddest mofo in the world. You gotta be 100% confident in yourself. You gotta have the attitude that you're never going to lose a fight in your life. Attitudes don't lie, even if the idea you base them on is false.

2. Nope. I'm open and accepting to all types of sugars, regardless of flavor, color, or calorie content. Or whose nipple it comes out of.

:034:

Do you have any hobbies?

1. I play guitar and a few other instruments. I've also had some other random hobbies such as yo-yoing, Rubik's cubes, and other crazy stuff. I'm also very athletic but too lazy to play any sports.

2 I never really get flamed for using Ganon. It's not really something you CAN flame someone for lol... it's something that's to be admired. Whenever people tell me that I should switch characters, I just say "nah" and keep beating them.

3. Probably icies. I also think the DDD matchup is a lot harder than you guys say it is; I'd rather fight a good Sheik than a good DDD.

4. I have a moderate amount of hacks on my wii... I had the basics and some texture hacks, but then I downloaded Affinity's SD card pack and I'm now using that.

5. I have a lot of respect for a lot of smashers in my region, but I guess one guy in particular is Ally. He seems to take everything in stride, and he makes everything look so easy. Very chill dood.

cats or dogs?

Coke or Pepsi?

Pop or Soda?

how tall are you?

Chevy or Ford?
1. I'm already grown up lol XD; I'm in a surgical tech program, and I'll be able to work as a surgical tech (the guy that hands the surgeon the instruments) next January. I might apply for medical school later, however.

3. Saturday.

4. Doesn't matter.

6. 6'0.

7. Ford I guess.

FoG, Utilt, or Warlock Punch. Which move are you most comfortable with in a tournament setting?

1. I use FoG a LOT. I'm the best FoGer that I've met, and I get numerous kills each tournament with FoG. I'm pretty sure I fulfilled DAD's dream of being a Flubber Ganon :p

2. Eh maybe. Except around here, "Tri-state" means IL, IN, and WI. So yes I've entered a bunch of those :p

3. It's hard to say. I like it when random people (or very well-known) people come up to me and want to meet "that pro Ganon". I've beaten some of the best players in the country in $MMs and friendlies, but unfortunately, my tournament career has been filled with far too much "almost". I still have yet to achieve anything that I can truly be proud of; so for now, I'll say that my proudest achievement is getting 7th in one of the toughest tournaments I've ever been to.

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck just quit giving a **** and started a bluegrass band?
1. Because no one else in IL wants to go to MN lol. And I don't want to pay for gas by myself :(

2. I shower if I'm going somewhere. Either that or if I get really f***ing gross.

Photos of yourself? 8D

1. I travel out of state to tournaments all the time. I haven't been out of the midwest yet, but it's pretty likely I'll end up going to EC for SOMETHING by the end of the year.

3. Tap jump off... that's pretty much it. If I'm playing DK, then I'll use the Bongo drums from Donkey Konga.

4. Why yes, I always wear a rather large sombrero. I'll also probably be wearing a grey jacket that makes me look homeless. Also, probably a T-shirt with a good band on it (Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, etc). Starting next tournament, I'll also be wearing some obscenely sexy shades :p

Dirty Liberal Atheist

Z1GMA

Smash Hero

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord

:034:

Bahamut777

Smash Ace
Do you have any hobbies?

@HomE

Smash Ace

cats or dogs?

Coke or Pepsi?

Pop or Soda?

how tall are you?

Chevy or Ford?

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Updated again.

How about some Ganon questions Home? :p

@HomE

Smash Ace
Updated again.

How about some Ganon questions Home? :p
I know everything about Ganon.. i got nothing to ask

Whos the next Ganon up?

I'll volunteer, unless you have someone in mind already...

Breezy

Smash Ace

Bahamut777

Smash Ace

Photos of yourself? 8D

TP

Smash Master
I heard that Kage (best Melee Ganon) once came to a tournament wearing a cape and wielding a long sword.

I REALLY want to do that.

DoonKoon

Smash Journeyman
Alright, enough questions! Interviews up:

First Victim: DLA

Originally Posted by WhatIsRaizen? View Post

Originally Posted by DoonKoon View Post

Originally Posted by PhantomX View Post

Originally Posted by Twilight Prince View Post
Sup?
nm, u?

Originally Posted by Z1GMA View Post

Originally Posted by Ganonsburg View Post

Do you have any hobbies?

cats or dogs?

Coke or Pepsi?

Pop or Soda?

how tall are you?

Chevy or Ford?

3. Saturday.

4. Doesn't matter.

6. 6'0.

7. Ford I guess.

Originally Posted by Clai View Post

Originally Posted by Breezy View Post

1. Because no one else in IL wants to go to MN lol. And I don't want to pay for gas by myself

Photos of yourself? 8D

I wana get to Clai now.

Clai

Smash Lord
If I ever see you in person, the first thing I'm asking for is a FoG match-off. As I was the one that made the whole Ganon Super Jump video, I'm extremely confident in my FoG abilities.

Do I wait for people to post new questions or can I start by answering the ones in the thread already?

DoonKoon

Smash Journeyman
If I ever see you in person, the first thing I'm asking for is a FoG match-off. As I was the one that made the whole Ganon Super Jump video, I'm extremely confident in my FoG abilities.

Do I wait for people to post new questions or can I start by answering the ones in the thread already?
Answer them whenever you feel like but keep it to one post (by editing).

I'll start off with simple Questions :)

Bahamut777

Smash Ace
Your FoG video is amazing! How many time you spent practicing and recording all that? What about the edge game video?

You think FoG is really useful during a serious match against high level players?

Ganon's favourite move?

Photos of yourself? 8D

Do you have any hobbies?

Clai

Smash Lord
I don't like gauging people's skills based on Wifi, mainly because of how much lag can get in the way of things. If you mean to ask who's the best wifi/offline Ganon, I would have to say Vex Kasrani is the best Ganon. I might be biased because I play Vex all the time, but I'd say that he knows how to win with Ganon in the highest levels of play more than anyone.

I've been using Ganon more and more in tournaments. If I'm fighting Falco or one of Ganon's 0-100 matchups, I may switch to another character, but I'm actually planning on saying 'screw the matchups' and just go all Ganon.

For the FoG video, it only took me about an hour to get all the footage and then maybe 30 minutes making the video. When I saw the FoG section in the last Super Ganon Time video, I was already consistent with doing FoG's and I figured out pretty quickly how to pull off the FoG's in that video, so it was just a matter of playing timed matches and getting the FoG's off.

The ledge guide video took probably around 2-3 hours in total. Again, I already knew what I planned to put in the video, so it was a matter of just playing the matches and being able to pull off everything I needed to.

Ganondorf is by far my best character, so I use him all the time in tournaments. The only times when I don't use Ganon are if I think I'm going to fight an impossible matchup like the IC's, but I'm actually planning on using Ganon in those matchups as well.

My tournament record fails really hard, but it's due to the fact that when I play tournament matches, I tend to lose technical control over Ganon completely and I end up being incapable of doing anything that I try to do., not because of my character choice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAdXK-XrJqY

Yes. Anything that give Ganondorf more options is good enough to use for me. Ganon really needs all the options he can get.

Ganon's favourite move?
Warlock Punch. Obvious answer.

Outside of NY/NJ/PA, I don't plan on travelling out of my region for tournaments. I don't have my driver's license and I don't want my parents to freak out about taking public transportation that far.

Not in the forseeable future.

I use a Gamecube controller with L set to jump and X set to attack. L is at jump because it helps me with jumping out of shield, and X is so I can do walk-off Murder Stomps off the edge of the stage and not fast-fall them and kill myself.

Oh, and my tag is 'Manly' Pretty obvious as to why.

I print out images related to Ganondorf and tape them to my shirt. It gets people's attention pretty easily. At Veridian City, I coupled a picture of Ganon doing a Warlock Punch next to a picture of Chuck Norris and wrote, 'It is written, only Link Chuck Norris can defeat Ganon."

Photos of yourself? 8D
How about a video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvabzPfMc70

Gray

Do you have any hobbies?
I like running, playing tennis, playing the piano/tenor saxophone, and reading (either about weapons or humorous books, especially Dave Barry; he's hilarious)

I'm not really affected by it. I just tell them about how manly Ganondorf is and leave it at that.

Ice Climbers. They can just grab Ganondorf out of too much too easily. If Ganon had moves that weren't so terrible on shield, IC's would be a lot more manageable, but I can't do anything about that.

I don't hack myself, but I do play texture/music hacks. I also play Brawl Minus, but I don't use Ganondorf in that game because I don't want to get my timing for standard Brawl messed up. I can't wait for the Alpha release, and I'm not sure as to who I'll main in that game, but I'm leaning towards Luigi.

You'd have to be pretty much a complete jerk for me to not like you. We're all here to have fun, and it's awesome to share my love for this game to other people.

What's your greatest strength with Ganon? Greatest weakness?
My greatest strength with Ganon is the speed and fluidness that I play him. I take pride in having a very technical and fast Ganon (LOL calling Ganon fast) because it sure helps fighting players who think "Ganon's so slow I can do anything I want to him and he can't do a thing about it."

My greatest weakness is being offensive offstage. I get hesitant in attempting to edgeguard someone offstage because knowing how crappy his recovery is, I tend to predict wrong and then get edgeguarded myself. I see people like Ijosh edgeguard the balls off an opponent and I'm all "I wish I could do that and not worry about killing myself..."

Where would you be at in life were it not for Kamina's manly influence?
If Gurrenn Lagann has taught me anything, it's taught me to never give up on myself because through effort and determination, any obstacle can be destroyed. However, I have already had this type of personality, for the most part, and I've only watched Gurrenn Lagann this past summer, so to be frank, it hasn't had that much of an effect on me.

In terms of affecting me as a competitive smasher, Gurrenn Lagann gives me some incredible quotes that I can use if anyone tries to put me down for using Ganondorf. However, I have had my goal to become the manliest Brawler long before I watched Gurrenn Lagann.

On a scale of 3 to 26, how turned on do you get by sight of your own nude butt?
30. Every time I stare at it, I instantly have Jessica Alba's face burned into my mind. I was meaning to check that out, because that might be a serious psychological problem.

When I started competitive Smash back in 2007, I knew I wanted a short, distinct name, but not an abbreviation like M2K. I had thought of Clay Aiken because I remembered American Idol and thought he had a cool name, so I replaced the 'Y' with an 'I' for more cool points and that was that.

Why do you think you're the manliest guy there is?
It's a combination of my aggressive and technical playstyle, my boisterous personality in tournaments, and the fact that I'm more willing to use Warlock Punch and other techniques that are probably useless but have infinite manly points than the other Ganon mains. The other character mains don't count because Ganondorf is, by far, the manliest character in Brawl and just using him makes me manlier than they are. The 'Manly' tag just adds to it all.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Lol, FoG money match! The winner is whoever nails the most FoGs out of 10 attempts. Extra point if you FoG out of an FoG.

Anyways... what's your greatest strength with Ganon? Greatest weakness?

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Fix'd. Perhaps Doom can change it? (it's at the end of my interview)

Clai

Smash Lord
Updated for the questions I haven't answered yet. If there's any question from DLA's interview that you want me to answer as well, please let me know, because I'm more than happy to share my personality with my fellow Ganons.

Top Bottom