• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Darkest Being in the Universe: Dark Matter for SSB4

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I don't think so, I mean, that's basically saying that any character that can't get in since he can't lift up crates can, as long as he as allies that he can summon onto the field. Lets take Slime, can he whistle or something and get an ally onto the field to lift up a box for him?
Slime can stack large objects on it's head already. -_-
Seriously, play Rocket Slime.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wow, I never expect such a heated argument to happen here.

As Golden mentioned, Sakurai is indeed biased against the Dark Matter Trilogy and his most recent appearance is non-can. Those two can really hurt its chances, though its cult fanbase makes up for it. Though, it and Zero can cooperate together as explained in that moveset since they never seem to separate. 02 can work out if incorporate its abilities and size correctly and Sakurai finds some way to recolor the animate it well. It can be a full on alternate transformation Final Smash for Dark Matter since several of its attack can be Shuma Gorath-esque and switch to the normal and Miracle Matter forms for normal /aerial attacks anyway. Sounds plausible?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Don't even attempt to bring realism into Smash Bros., Jigglover...

D

Deleted member

You mean like how wrong it looks and "unSmash-like" it is for someone of Pikachu's stature to lift up a heavy box by bending its back far while flattening itself?

Seriously, just because Slime doesn't have limbs doesn't magically make it "look wrong" compared to others. At least Slime is SHOWN to lift heavy objects.

But this is not a Slime thread. This is about Dark Matter. But yeah, I said all I needed to about Dark Matter already.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Is there even a slime thread here?
Sadly, no. You could make that said topic if you're interested in order to avoid more derailment.

Back to the item holding issue, Dark Matter telekineticly holds a sword in its hand. Meaning, it could do the same thing with any other item. For heavier items, it could use a whole cloud of Dark Matter. Now there would be no more arguments on the whole item holding issue. :embarrass:

jigglover

Smash Lord
Sadly, no. You could make that said topic if you're interested in order to avoid more derailment.

Back to the item holding issue, Dark Matter telekineticly holds a sword in its hand. Meaning, it could do the same thing with any other item. For heavier items, it could use a whole cloud of Dark Matter. Now there would be no more arguments on the whole item holding issue. :embarrass:
I was just wondering in order for this thread to not be derailed, and we could take it there. I won't make it since I am very much against Slime.

Your counter-argument is incredible. I have actually NEVER played a Kirby game in my life, and first discovered him from smash, so I couldn't have thought of that, but this dark matter guy seriously seems like a good character. Now I'm torn between him and prince fluff! :/

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Update: I changed the Final Smash into Zero Two since it was way more popular and powerful than the original Zero. Golden, you wish was granted. ;)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I just read the move-set R.O.B and it's VERY good. It look like it took you at least an hour!
Thank you. It actually took me around that time since I needed to squeeze in as much references to all his forms and master (Zero/Zero Two) as I can. I always though this guy had some potential due to being a major antagonist in 3 dark and difficult Kirby games. There are some opposed out there that thinks he's too big (probably noobs who only played Mass Attack) and should only be a disappointingly toned down boss. In terms of other Kirby villains, he does have competition with Nightmare (who actually had SSB supporters, first nightmarish Kirby villain, and had a major role in the anime). Though, right about now Nightmare is loosing supporters since the pre-Brawl days, while Dark Matter is gaining supporters (though it actually new and non-massive). Hopefully, Sakurai can eventually get over his bias later on.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

With Nightmare deconfirmed, Dark matter may have a good chance of getting in!

For some reason.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

With Nightmare deconfirmed, Dark matter may have a good chance of getting in!

For some reason.
That's one major villain down for now, but he still has a certain bandanna wearing puffball to deal with as his real competition. It's only a matter of time until we see him as a stage boss (if we have a classic Dream Land based stage) or a trophy.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
That's one major villain down for now, but he still has a certain bandanna wearing puffball to deal with as his real competition. It's only a matter of time until we see him as a stage boss (if we have a classic Dream Land based stage) or a trophy.
I'd prefer Marx as a stage boss tbh

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
OMG, a Dark Matter thread? Really?
Well, count me in. I thought I was the only man who thought Dark Matter should take the fourth Kirby slot, so I'm pretty glad I found this place.
I hope he's in. He'd be the perfect choice:One of the few recurring villains, Awesome setting and appearance, non-Sakurai Kirby character(would shut up all of those people screaming that stuff),etc.
Who are the other major Kirby characters?Bandana Dee and Marx?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'd prefer Marx as a stage boss tbh
That may be the case since Super Star was at least remade on the DS and I know that Sakurai wouldn't miss out on such an opportunity. Milky Way Wishes would be a pretty interesting stage now that I think of it.

As for Dark Matter, he could be a trophy if he isn't chosen as the 4th Kirby rep.

Well, count me in. I thought I was the only man who thought Dark Matter should take the fourth Kirby slot, so I'm pretty glad I found this place.
I hope he's in. He'd be the perfect choice:One of the few recurring villains, Awesome setting and appearance, non-Sakurai Kirby character(would shut up all of those people screaming that stuff),etc.
Just Bandanna Dee and Kirby's animal friends. Marx is a pretty popular character though, which gives him the edge.

Last edited:

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Dark Matter's Main competetors are Bandana Dee, Magolor, and Galacta Knight. I don't hear anyone clamoring for Marx...

I Definatly Want Dark matter as a character over all of them. we've yet to get a REAL Kirby villain. people say Meta Knight and Dedede, but honestly, Kirby only hunts them down because they don't bother to explain what the hell they're trying to do. Kirby's Adventure/NiD and Squeak Squad wouldn't have needed to happen if they would just TALK to Kirby!

Dark Matter isn't like that. he's a legitimate threat who will go to any lengths in order to enact misery and woe upon the universe. he doesn't care in the slightest if anyone parishes in the taking of the universe. hell, he prefers it. and to anyone saying that, oh, Dark Matter is insignificant. he's just a drone of Zero, Keep in Mind two things:
1. Wolf was added, not Andross.
2.there is a possibility that Swordsman Dark Matter IS Zero. Zero is just like any other form of Dark Matter- a Shape Shifter. while he may not have explicitly been called Zero, this is still the final boss, the one who Kirby fought through the entirety of KDL2 to defeat. and after his defeat, Dark Matter retreated from Dreamland, at least until the events of KDL3. Why is that? if Swordsman Dark Matter was just a drone, the whole operation wouldn't have failed. It's not like once Miracle Matter was stopped, the universe was saved. but if SDM WAS Zero, this whole scenario makes much more sense.

Add Me to the List of Supporters

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Dark Matter's Main competetors are Bandana Dee, Magolor, and Galacta Knight. I don't hear anyone clamoring for Marx...

I Definatly Want Dark matter as a character over all of them. we've yet to get a REAL Kirby villain. people say Meta Knight and Dedede, but honestly, Kirby only hunts them down because they don't bother to explain what the hell they're trying to do. Kirby's Adventure/NiD and Squeak Squad wouldn't have needed to happen if they would just TALK to Kirby!

Dark Matter isn't like that. he's a legitimate threat who will go to any lengths in order to enact misery and woe upon the universe. he doesn't care in the slightest if anyone parishes in the taking of the universe. hell, he prefers it. and to anyone saying that, oh, Dark Matter is insignificant. he's just a drone of Zero, Keep in Mind two things:
1. Wolf was added, not Andross.
2.there is a possibility that Swordsman Dark Matter IS Zero. Zero is just like any other form of Dark Matter- a Shape Shifter. while he may not have explicitly been called Zero, this is still the final boss, the one who Kirby fought through the entirety of KDL2 to defeat. and after his defeat, Dark Matter retreated from Dreamland, at least until the events of KDL3. Why is that? if Swordsman Dark Matter was just a drone, the whole operation wouldn't have failed. It's not like once Miracle Matter was stopped, the universe was saved. but if SDM WAS Zero, this whole scenario makes much more sense.

Add Me to the List of Supporters
Since I'm just now getting a good enough amount of supporters, I'll just get this support list rocking soon. Lastly, thanks for showing your support for one of the best Kirby villains in history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom