• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Darkness Comes... Eternal Darkness in Brawl thread.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Eternal Darkness is copyrighted by Nintendo, i just finished the game agaaain and saw it in the credits... so, it would be a very unwisely move of sakurai not to make use of a so great nintendo franchise in brawl ¬¬

and yes, twin snakes was developed by sillicon knights (althought konami obviously kept all the rights) and somehow i feel that snake render is a bit of twin snakish...

oh, and I posted your ellia sticker in the find your support icon XD

here is again...

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
Oh that's really one of the most stand out games I have ever played, Gamecube's greatest. I think she deserves a spot in Brawl, if history characters like Pit are playable and Geno is likely, then she should have a chance too. She is pretty much the most original suggestion I have heard, she deserves a spot in Brawl, I hope playable.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Alexandra SHOULD be in Brawl.

"Don't fit, don't fit" my a**!

How does a plumber, a monkey, an electric rat, a neck-slitting mercenary, a blue hedgehog, a racer, a medieval prince, a crossdressing princess, a Doctor, and a 2D sprite fit in this game again?

This game is not meant to worry about "fitting in". The FUN of this game is taking characters and elements from completely different universes and CLASHING them together in a fighting game!

Anything can get in this game! Not strictly cartoony characters from DK, Mario and Pokemon... Snake got in, after him, anything's possible!

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Bump

(for everyone that haven't payed Eternal Darkness, and read this post, try to rent it and bring an opinion... yu won't be let down...)

PS: This thread isn't dead.. it's UNDEAD!

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
Eternal Darkness is copyrighted by Nintendo, i just finished the game agaaain and saw it in the credits... so, it would be a very unwisely move of sakurai not to make use of a so great nintendo franchise in brawl ¬¬

and yes, twin snakes was developed by sillicon knights (althought konami obviously kept all the rights) and somehow i feel that snake render is a bit of twin snakish...

oh, and I posted your ellia sticker in the find your support icon XD

here is again...

Thanks for the sticker. Is it possible you can make more?

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I'd absolutely LOVE for Alex to be in Brawl, but I'm just not that optimistic.

She'd be one hell of a surprise character, though, and since Snake is in, M-rated characters are no longer off limits.

Aamon

Smash Cadet
I love Eternal Darkness! It is one of my favorite games! :)
Sadly, I can't see any characters fitting into Brawl...

An Assist Trophy that triggers insanity effects would be awesome though.

*The player picks up an AT, but nothing seems to happen. Then after a few seconds, a disc error message or a message that says all data has been erased pops up*
*white flash*
THIS...ISN'T...HAPPENING!

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
mmm...

seeing how another Pious augustus thread have spawned, i decided to bump this thread....

BUMP!

( anyways, i'm happy that pious have spawned four threads, at least he have some of fanbase...)

Pulse

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai has supposedly done his howework, and seems to know about this game. Plus, David Hayter has asked for Alexandra's inclusion. Things are looking up, it seems.

Baka_Shade

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai has supposedly done his howework, and seems to know about this game. Plus, David Hayter has asked for Alexandra's inclusion. Things are looking up, it seems.
Erm, source?

Looking back a couple pages, that is an incredibly entertaining move list, particularly in the victory hallucinations. Well done. XD

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
I say she's a great choice not only does she come from a unrepresented section of Nintendo, but Brawl seems to represent all of it and just what it's missing is this blondie to represent Nintendo's horror. I hope she can get in, I'd really like to play as her.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Alex seems to be a great idea. I hope Nintendo really looks to include her in Brawl, she fits perfectly. It'd be nice to have another realistic like character like Snake, but this time female and different than ZSS.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
i'm of two minds about this.

i LOVE ED. LOVE IT. i've beaten it, like, 4 times. it's one of 2 GC cubes i still own (the other is F-Zero GX.)

but do i want horror all up in my smash? i really don't think so.

but, if anyone could find the right balance, it would be sakurai.

so i'm not asking for her, but if she is in, i'd most likely play her extensively.

oh, and if Alex is in, one thing is for sure: she needz MOAR PARGON!

Yoshi175

Smash Rookie
I think a good assist trophy would be a trapper that warps you all to the trappers dimension, or if they do a stage that could be part of it.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
No....No and No eternal darkness was a good game but it clashes with brawl and i dont think any characters would make a good fit.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Oh my freaking god. I was looking for this thread for so long, but I'm glad its made. I know that Eternal Darkness was probably one of the top 10 must get games on the GameCube and I loved it. Its elements are so original, as well as the haunting suspense. It nearly killed me, more than five times actually lol.

Anyway, nostalgia will reek all over me if I see some form of Eternal Darkness in Super Smash Brawl. I think the most likley things I can wish for are music, trophies, and likely an assist due to its importance of Nintendo history as being a successful (and probably the only Nintendo gore/horror) game on the GameCube. It was critically praised by many critics too and in my opinion, the game stands as a cult hit. Since the character is too mature for use in a game like Brawl, which I find pretty irrelevant since Snake is in the game, but anyway, I see her likely to make a cameo and not a full playable experience. This logic will only work against me though if I see Travis from No More Heroes in Brawl though. (I want him to be in it as bad as Alexandra) She could work as playable but then the issue of her main weapon, the gun, comes in so yeah. Likely a potential assist. But if I'm wrong, I was a supporter before her official introduction.

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
ED alone represents all of Nintendo's horror games from the Gamecube years. The scant few others that appeared on the system were published by third parties. Some may decry ED's horror genre as a reason to exclude it from Brawl, but I disagree. Smash Bros has always had a focus on representing Nintendo's history, and that history is incomplete without a nod to the horror genre.

What I'm trying to get at is that Brawl fits ED, just like it fits everything else. It's a hodgepodge of different characters, art styles, and genres. And considering ED's importance as a paragraph in Nintendo's history, I would not find it surprising at all if Alex Roivas takes up a spot on the final character select screen.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
One thing though that I wouldn't want if Alex gets in, I hope she isn't another sword user. We'd already have five at least most likely (Marth, Ike, Link, Ganondorf, and Takamaru) and a woman with a gladius would be another one. I think Alex should use mostly fist/foot attacks and the magic. Maybe she should be like Kirby where only one of her attacks would she would be using the gladius.

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
YES!

I've been a fan of Alex since...ever. I even posted in old Alexandra Roivas topics which sadly are probably 20 pages back by now. She is, and has always been my most wanted character, since I think ED is one of the best games for the gamecube, and probably the most original horror game ever made. Not just for little awesome things like the sanity affects, but for the overall plot and story, and the way the game was executed through multiple characters and times (that are actually historically accurate).

ED has no reason to not be in brawl, at least in some form. I'd totally want Alexandra, and I'd be ecstatic if she was. But barring that, again, no reason while other elements shouldn't be in like a stage or items or something. I mean, it *was* the gamecube's first M title, and an awesome horror which is unrepresented at the moment.

I never said being a horror game exclude anyone, certainly being from a minor horror game like ED does, it is barely a cult favorite, it didn't even sell well, no one remembers that game like they remember Resident Evil or Silent Hill, Nintendo just isn't cut for Horror games and neither is the Smash series.
Have you even played the game?

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
out-topic: at the begening of ED, did the artefact you chose affected the story line?

Zevox

Smash Lord
out-topic: at the begening of ED, did the artefact you chose affected the story line?
To a small degree. The basics of the story progressed pretty well identically regardless, it simply altered which ancient Pious was aligned with (and by extension, which one Alex summons at the end). Otherwise there were just minor gameplay changes, such as affecting the alignment of the monsters you ran across at various points or the order in which you found the three primary alignment runes.

Zevox

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
Sure while the big overall plot and events didn't change, it did change the story enough. Each ancient had a different tone and relationship with pious. For instance, Xellotath was pretty much hostile to Pious, believing him to be unfaithful, which he may have been. Chatturgha was incredibly stupid, and in that relationship, it was actually Pious who did all the planning, and of course, executed the plans. And finally, Ullyoth had Pious in absolute awe. Pious was just like "Yessim master" and extremely humble, and ol' Ullyoth was stuck up and was very verbose. Oh, and Xellotath was insane, which was awesome.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Sure while the big overall plot and events didn't change, it did change the story enough. Each ancient had a different tone and relationship with pious. For instance, Xellotath was pretty much hostile to Pious, believing him to be unfaithful, which he may have been. Chatturgha was incredibly stupid, and in that relationship, it was actually Pious who did all the planning, and of course, executed the plans. And finally, Ullyoth had Pious in absolute awe. Pious was just like "Yessim master" and extremely humble, and ol' Ullyoth was stuck up and was very verbose. Oh, and Xellotath was insane, which was awesome.
Aye, but all of those smaller details that fall under Pious being aligned with a different Ancient, not true changes to the plot. Since the Ancients themselves are plainly quite different from one another, obviously their plans would come off as having different tones and they'd have different relationships with Pious. I figured that went without saying.

Zevox

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
Any good reason why any of them should be in Brawl? This games doesn't warrant any sort of representation, even AT is too far of a reach.
Have you been reading the thread? Obviously not.

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
Okay. Then quite frankly shut up. Why should you come in here asking crap, when it's been discussed several times? Why should anybody restate anything for somebody too lazy to read 5 pages. 5 pages isn't even that long!

vesperview

Smash Hero
Okay. Then quite frankly shut up. Why should you come in here asking crap, when it's been discussed several times? Why should anybody restate anything for somebody too lazy to read 5 pages. 5 pages isn't even that long!
What a stupid comeback, you clearly don't have any good arguments and FYI, I went back and those five pages are only filled with, "this would be so cool but it's very unlikely" comments, so on top of everything you're illiterate, just STFU!

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
i pity u for thinking this game will get a pc

EPIC FAIL
If Alex makes it in as playable, you should have to eat an entire beehive, an OCCUPIED beehive.

As for the topic, it'd be absolutely awesome, but I doubt it.

It seems like Miyamoto's own franchises get buttloads of characters while older ones have no chance.

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
Then you haven't been reading well enough if that's all you've got. I even directly responded to you in my first post here, and in that post I also gave reasons for why this game is good. Good games can deserve spots. Why are you even here? To be annoying?

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
What a stupid comeback, you clearly don't have any good arguments and FYI, I went back and those five pages are only filled with, "this would be so cool but it's very unlikely" comments, so on top of everything you're illiterate, just STFU!
You don't sound like you've even PLAYED the game, and given that you haven't, I fail to see why you'd insist that this character stands no chance.

Furthermore, if people are suggesting ultra-obscure characters like Takamaru and Muddy Mole, then Alex Roivas, a character which was created the SAME generation as Olimar, can definitely be plausible.

And if anyone is wondering, Nintendo holds all the trademarks on Eternal Darkness and its characters and they clearly liked the idea, otherwise they wouldn't have worked with Silicon Knights on it.

FYI, the game was excellent. It was easily one of the best games on the GC and didn't get nearly the attention it deserved. If you're going to make comments about something, I'd advise you to have prior knowledge of it first.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
I think I posted in here before, but I am all for this idea. It's too bad more people haven't played this game. Just wondering, is ED owned by Nintendo, because if not her chances just went from slim to none.

Still, a moveset revolving around the Gladius and Magick(because she can't use guns), and maybe some moves that affect sanity would be awesome.

As a Final Smash, or maybe for an Assist Trophy, she could summon Xel'Lotath and he would do something really crazy, like invert everybody else's controls, or something along those lines.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Then you haven't been reading well enough if that's all you've got. I even directly responded to you in my first post here, and in that post I also gave reasons for why this game is good. Good games can deserve spots. Why are you even here? To be annoying?
So just because you liked the game it deserves a spot? I asked a question, which you clearly can't answer, in no way was my post meant to "annoy" you, but you're clearly one of those fanboys who thinks threads are just to say how cool a character is.

You don't sound like you've even PLAYED the game, and given that you haven't, I fail to see why you'd insist that this character stands no chance.

Furthermore, if people are suggesting ultra-obscure characters like Takamaru and Muddy Mole, then Alex Roivas, a character which was created the SAME generation as Olimar, can definitely be plausible.

And if anyone is wondering, Nintendo holds all the trademarks on Eternal Darkness and its characters and they clearly liked the idea, otherwise they wouldn't have worked with Silicon Knights on it.
OK, in which part of my post did I say that I didn't play the game? Oh, just because I'm not completely biased and think that this game it means I didn't play it? Please, the game didn't even sell and you're telling me it deserves a spot?

Top Bottom