• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Death of the Late Thomas Tipman

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
That my friend was a low blow. (even though it may be true...)
hmmm, i have nothing truely against him but i heard the "problem" you have with FL and have seen your posts and arguements sorry but your just a cocky player with no reason to be so. i do have something for you to look forward to in 5 months though, $20-30 MM of my ganon vs yours. If i win dont even try challenging him. trust me when i say challenging tipman would only leave you with a 4 stock loss and an aweful taste in your mouth from him ejaculating in it.

CaptainAwesome

Smash Ace
Say what you will, Riot. Maybe I am cocky, but it's not without reason. Ask anybody in the MW, and they will tell you that I'm not just some scrub with big dreams. Unless, of course, you qualify beating Eddie in Ganon dittos, beating Bushman in Ganon dittos, beating Dope's Falco, and going even with Vidjo's Peach as nothing. I'm willing to admit that Tipman is the better player, but I could take the match. You FL guys should not be so quick to dismiss me. Both Eddie and Joe Bushman have told me that they believe that the Ganon ditto would go my way.

I don't really want to start this whole arguement again, but I would like to play Tip. He seems to be the only guy in FL who isn't a ****. Tipman, if you read this, PM me or something. Because I will be down there in the early summer.

And, Riot, I accept your challenge. I'll let you know exactly when I intend to visit your lovely state.

CaptainAwesome

Smash Ace
I was wrong to call all FL people *****. It's just that there are many people from the Sunshine State that assume I'm not good because I don't have a combo video. And, despite having no accomplishments of their own, feel they have the right to talk **** because they might know TT in person. And, I could go on all day about playing well against and beating good players, but these guys will still talk ****.

I don't know. I never meant to upset anybody, or start some kind of flame war. Some of these guys just can't live and let live.

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
I was wrong to call all FL people *****. It's just that there are many people from the Sunshine State that assume I'm not good because I don't have a combo video. And, despite having no accomplishments of their own, feel they have the right to talk **** because they might know TT in person. And, I could go on all day about playing well against and beating good players, but these guys will still talk ****.

I don't know. I never meant to upset anybody, or start some kind of flame war. Some of these guys just can't live and let live.
No one assumed your not good there is tons of people that arnt recognized simply because they dont have the money to go to out of state tourneys that was never once expressed in my posts or any other. So you dont have a combo vid who cares, so you beat eddy and bushman or some crap again, that to i really dont care, your cocky and that leaves you victim to alot of critisism to people who dont know you personally no one likes a person who boasts **** or acts as if he is beyond other players.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
I remember when the Midwest was all like:

"Bushman would destroy Tipman in Ganon dittos"

Then after Tommy T destroyed him they were like:

"Well Bushman is still better, and besides,Eddie owns them both in Ganon dittos"

Then after Tippy wrecked Eddie, the MWs excuse was:

"Eddie sux at Ganon dittos"

No johns ******s.

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
hey dont bring the whole midwest into it, bushman is better in teams..no johnz, tipman just specializes in dittos

maximuspita

Smash Ace
Why the hate?

After reading this thread I am completely dumbfounded on the baseless hate towards Eddie. He is well liked throughout the community and it's for a reason.

First of all to state that Tipman invented the Ganon of today is a gross oversimplification. Back in 2003-2004 there were basically 2 Ganon that could be viewed online: Eddie and GRID. These were basically the foundation of Ganon play today, they didnt post at the Ganon thread at all but they did something better than that, they had vids online with them playing Ganon at the considered max at the time. Tons of people were able to see that Ganon was not slow at all but at the right hands he could decimate. They were the originators. To hate on them is just immature disrespect.

With the posting of Shin Ganondorf's guide and the video instruction of Grid and Eddie, it became relatively easy to get decent with Ganon. With this library of Ganon knowledge a new generation of players expanded over Ganon's gameplay. Included in these were Undisputed, Tipman, myself and many others that I do not remember their names. While Tipman and I spent our time debating on theory, Undisputed went out and did his thing, eventually getting 9th place at FC3 the largest tournament held at its time. I dont know the exact details but Undisputed died sometime later in his sleep by reasons still not known today(this wasnt immediate to the tournament if that is what you are wondering.).

Tipman at the time created the largest repository of Ganon knowledge. The Ganon vs. thread was a great thread were we had countless discussions on Ganon's chances against the game's roster. In my opinion the best poster (even if I did not agree with him due to my noobness at the time) was TestRider, who would always argue that no matter how good you got it wasnt practical to play vs Sheik and the Space Animals.

Then Tipman made the "Triforce of Power" video and got a ****load of recongnition. To cut a long story short I hope to shine on the truth that Top Ganondorf play was not invented exclusively by Tipman but by countless of Ganon players of this community, from the Old players like Eddie and Grid to the knew faces like countless of players that have picked up Ganon recently. Tipman's greatest contribution was his extensive debates he would hold on Ganon's practical strats and the fact he would record the data in an easily digestible format. Later on he turned into a beast xD.

The point of this long post? Stop being ****ign nutriders that dont know **** and respect your fellow gamer.

PS. Im sorry but I have no idea on Joe Bushman's story since I never went to the Gamefaqs board. Anybody would be nice enough to elaborate on him?

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Eddies Ganon: Fair, Fair, Fair, Reverse Upair suicide all 4 stocks. Barely wins every match.

Tipman: Midgames + Tech Skill(made up tech skill).

And maximum, who the hell are you?

Who cares about 03-04.

Tipman made Ganon playable after Eddies quit the horrendous character and played Fox.

maximuspita

Smash Ace
See that right there proves how wrong and uninformed you are. Tipman made Ganon playable? BS. See I'm not saying that Tipman isnt a beast. All I'm saying everybody went through baby steps and Tipman wasnt any different.

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
haha doodah owns arguments but being serious maximus is completely right, one ganon doesnt step up and completely mold a character its based off all the players collaborating and informing eachother on what works. All tho tipman may have put to use this information best and may have a great amount of tech skill he is in no way the father of good ganon play. And to elaborate on bushman, hes a badass ganon player who reps midwest hard and resides in the c.o.k which automatically can give you a quick assessment of the level of skill we are talking about. MIDWEST FTW!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Ganondorf

Smash Journeyman
****, guess I'll never get to play TT *sadness*
I almost gave up Ganon for Doc back in the day, but the Triforce vid and the Ganon vs. thread were so **** useful I began to a suck a little bit less and kept with him lol
So I thank TT for everything and will be sad to see him go.

PS: Eddie owns, he was one of the few "pro" players at OC2 that would sit down with me and teach me stuff, like the light shield edge hog on Marth (I know, I was a noob). He also placed pretty decently at OC2, IRC. Basically, lay off the Eddie hate, he doesn't claim to be the greatest and he probably isn't, but he HAS contributed a great deal to Ganon and he's easily one of the coolest smashers (right up there with BobMoney). Eddie's matches with Luke were so **** funny, lol, best matches ever.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
I think maximus pwned all ur faces off he brought out cold hard facts that u can't debte against and 03-04 matters because that is teh foundation of ganon and the foundation needs to be strong for anything to build strong and that's my 2 cents

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
PS: Eddie owns, he was one of the few "pro" players at OC2 that would sit down with me and teach me stuff, like the light shield edge hog on Marth (I know, I was a noob).
i agree with what you said.

but what is "the light shield edge hog on Marth"?

also, get those TT vids up!

Smash Master
To Zenjamin:
If Marth is recovering from below the stage and you stand right next to the edge and lightshield, when Marth's Up-B hits your shield you will instantly fall off the stage and onto the ledge for an edge-hog kill.

D

Deleted member

hey dont bring the whole midwest into it, bushman is better in teams..no johnz, tipman just specializes in dittos
tipman specializes in family sized servings of sodomy in smash. Don't give your excuses.

whitewulf

Smash Apprentice
I think maximus pwned all ur faces off he brought out cold hard facts that u can't debte against and 03-04 matters because that is teh foundation of ganon and the foundation needs to be strong for anything to build strong and that's my 2 cents
I think a lot of people are missing faces already lololol

anyways... noooo tipman T.T

eddie take his place!! buwhahahahaha.... *sigh*

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
I'm calling you out Tipman! ET for the Atari MONEY MATCH!!!
Tipman mastered the reverse reeses pieces peanutbutter glitch. And you thought it was bad when the old lady knocked you in the hole...(that wasn't supposed to sound as dirty as it came out.)

Dopey

Smash Lord
"Congragulations Bushman, you are now the best Ganon."

"Eddie, keep trying and maybe if you anf Tip ever meet again, maybe you'll only get 3 stocked instad of 4 LOLOLOL."

but then again, bushman and eddie have won $ at this game, and won tournys =) maybe mr tipman just got soo mad that he could not accomplish such things, he decided to quit the game he loves so much. RIP TT, the souths best ganon.

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
"Congragulations Bushman, you are now the best Ganon."

"Eddie, keep trying and maybe if you anf Tip ever meet again, maybe you'll only get 3 stocked instad of 4 LOLOLOL."

but then again, bushman and eddie have won $ at this game, and won tournys =) maybe mr tipman just got soo mad that he could not accomplish such things, he decided to quit the game he loves so much. RIP TT, the souths best ganon.
And what would you know of his tourny record? Get the **** outta here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom