• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
yeah the first episode is pretty unbearable

i was one of the victims that some said hey wanna watch funny anime?

and they put on lucky star eps 1

Igcoris

Smash Journeyman
well, i kind of imagined that if i couldn't watch the 1st, the following episodes would be more stairs to climb.

ihsb: omg the food LOL

worst part is, i'm pretty sure i've sit through worse animes than lucky star. a lot worse.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I love Lucky Star (obviously). First episode wasn't great, especially due to the pacing.
Gets funnier later, especially once KyoAni switched directors which starts on episode 5 if I remember correctly.
Although, if you aren't enjoying it at that point, it might just be better to just quit.

I guess I like reference animes. I do enjoy Lucky Star, Hayate no Gotoku, and Seitokai no Ichizon.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
imo HnG and Seitokai >>>>>>> lucky star

i didn't like lucky star until midway

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I liked Seitokai at the beginning, but I thought that they were trying too hard with some of the jokes.
At the rate how the first episode went, I didn't think they could keep it out throughout the season.
Luckily it didn't stay that way and it got better. Same goes for Lucky Star.

HnG's just awesome throughout. I haven't finished season 1 though.
I wouldn't say it was bad, it just wasn't handled as well as it could have.
Plus the censor bleeps made it hard to get some of the references if you were watching the broadcasted version.

References were too obvious in Seitokai and they were difficult in Lucky Star at times. HnG's was in the middle ground, IMO.

While not a reference anime entirely, I also like Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.
I haven't seen the last 2 OVA episodes yet though.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
i picked up sayonara zetsubou sensei in the middle of my slump, i want to go back and watch it i liked it.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I liked Seitokai at the beginning, but I thought that they were trying too hard with some of the jokes.
At the rate how the first episode went, I didn't think they could keep it out throughout the season.
Luckily it didn't stay that way and it got better. Same goes for Lucky Star.

HnG's just awesome throughout. I haven't finished season 1 though.
I wouldn't say it was bad, it just wasn't handled as well as it could have.
Plus the censor bleeps made it hard to get some of the references if you were watching the broadcasted version.

References were too obvious in Seitokai and they were difficult in Lucky Star at times. HnG's was in the middle ground, IMO.

While not a reference anime entirely, I also like Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.
I haven't seen the last 2 OVA episodes yet though.
I'd consider SZS to be way more of a reference series than HnG. SZS starts out introducing the characters, but pretty much everything from then on is just "take some sort of real world issue/idea/concept and despair over it while referencing other anime/manga/the industry in general". The first season of HnG had a good number of references, but most of them were filler. Most of the series (especially season 2 and the manga) is about the characters, with only an occasional reference to other stuff.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i still need to watch SZS.

i've got the first 2 seasons dl'd

i'll start it after i finish my current shaft series

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'd consider SZS to be way more of a reference series than HnG. SZS starts out introducing the characters, but pretty much everything from then on is just "take some sort of real world issue/idea/concept and despair over it while referencing other anime/manga/the industry in general". The first season of HnG had a good number of references, but most of them were filler. Most of the series (especially season 2 and the manga) is about the characters, with only an occasional reference to other stuff.
True. Guess I forgot that SZS focuses solely on referencing and making fun of things.
HnG pretty much goes for story now over humor for where the manga's at now.

I do miss HnG's comedy. I'm sure it will come back real soon.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Now I need to watch Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei and finish the rest of Hayate no Gotoku!! when I have time. I'm too far behind a lot of animes. xD

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
i like reading the Lucky Star manga more than the anime
those character designs can look pretty bad at times in the anime

just got finished with chibi vampire manga.
im going to be looking for the anime adaption Karin.
has anyone seen it?

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I've been meaning to check that anime out. Never got around to it though.

I noticed I haven't expanded on my anime or manga collection lately.
It's kind of hard to due to how many games are coming out currently.
anime>games.
Ergo Proxy is legit. I recommend it. and I think I get it now, maybe. It seems kind of open to interpretation, which is cool for an anime series.

@NKB: if there was any manga i'd want all of it'd be fma. I'd trade in death note for all of it. So yeah, you should do it.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Evangelion?

its not a moe blob and doesnt have 4606149849 tsunderes performing yuri antics so it must be a garb anime

/thread

</3 everyone

Everyone's a little YANDERE sometimes~!

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
anime>games.
Ergo Proxy is legit. I recommend it. and I think I get it now, maybe. It seems kind of open to interpretation, which is cool for an anime series.

@NKB: if there was any manga i'd want all of it'd be fma. I'd trade in death note for all of it. So yeah, you should do it.
Lol that's +1 towards me getting FMA. I think Ima pick up volumes 1 and 2 on Friday.

Evangelion?

its not a moe blob and doesnt have 4606149849 tsunderes performing yuri antics so it must be a garb anime

/thread

</3 everyone

Well Asuka is kinda like a Tsundere/Yandere (her time with Shinji/her attempted suicide after failing to pilot Unit 02)

Sion

Island of Horizon
Evangelion?

/thread

</3 everyone

Hahaha. This gave me a good laugh.

Anyways, I think I'm on endless 8 for Haruhi2. Seems like it's going to be a fun next 8 episodes.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Anyways, I think I'm on endless 8 for Haruhi2. Seems like it's going to be a fun next 8 episodes.
Its amazing!

I honestly think the only redeeming things about the endless eight is how Haruhi gets more violet with Mikuru as the episodes pass. I think the 7th one was the funniest!

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Its amazing!

I honestly think the only redeeming things about the endless eight is how Haruhi gets more violet with Mikuru as the episodes pass. I think the 7th one was the funniest!
No! The top-most redeeming thing about Endless Eight is that it made Vanishment get upgraded to a movie, instead of being a TV-airing episode!

Also, this thread's title keeps on changing... I admit that it gave me a chuckle when I read it, but for mods, they will probably just see this as a pointless social-group-like thread, now that the title doesn't even include anime or the like...

Minato

穏やかじゃない
i like reading the Lucky Star manga more than the anime
those character designs can look pretty bad at times in the anime
Seriously? You might be disappointed then.
The author disagrees and his character designs look more and more like the anime now. Especially volume 7.

Konata did have a "cooler" look in volume 1 though. That's for sure.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Lol that's +1 towards me getting FMA. I think Ima pick up volumes 1 and 2 on Friday.
Add another +1. I like the FMA manga.
Has more humor, and the pace of the story isn't ruined since it flows better since it's a manga.

Well Asuka is kinda like a Tsundere/Yandere (her time with Shinji/her attempted suicide after failing to pilot Unit 02)
No... No... Asuka is not Yandere.
I also felt that Asuka wasn't too tsundere either in the original anime. Just a little bit.
She took it further in Eva 2.0 though. :)

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
don't tempt me with eva 2.0...

i'll wait for the dvds...i'll wait for the dvds...i'll wait for the dvds...i'll wait for the dvds...i'll wait for the dvds...

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Add another +1. I like the FMA manga.
Has more humor, and the pace of the story isn't ruined since it flows better since it's a manga.

No... No... Asuka is not Yandere.
I also felt that Asuka wasn't too tsundere either in the original anime. Just a little bit.
She took it further in Eva 2.0 though. :)
Looks like it is a sure thing now. Definitely picking up 1 and 2 Friday.

LOL I know Asuka isn't Yandere! I just wanted to make Viet happy.

Ah ha! I remember now. Shinji is the yandere of the series.

She did take it further in 2.0.

May 22nd. Mark it on your calendar -Rei-

EDIT:
You all know you want the first DVD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFovOee4F6A

Sion

Island of Horizon
Its amazing!

Did you mean "violent" or "violet"? I didn't notice anything colour wise, but I noticed the violence haha

i just finished dl'ing level 5 -judgelight-
fripSide is too good.

I just finished endless eight today. I got by with a couple of scars and bruises, but it was alright.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
i just finished dl'ing level 5 -judgelight-
It's "LEVEL5 -judgelight-"...get it right... :p
But yeah, I've been listening to it and memory of snow for a while, today; fripSide is amazing! Yaginuma Satoshi is an amazing composer (I love his style), and Nanjyo Yoshino's voice just fits that style so well. It's not often that I like the second song for anime OP/ED singles, but for the two Railgun OP singles, I liked the second song just as much!

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Did you mean "violent" or "violet"? I didn't notice anything colour wise, but I noticed the violence haha

fripSide is too good.

I just finished endless eight today. I got by with a couple of scars and bruises, but it was alright.
Lol thank you for pointing out my illiteracy.... =(

*Fooly Cooly motion*

=3

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Does anyone know why Bakemonogatari kinda just stopped?

-Terywj
They animated too many scenes that could have just as easily been done as a slide-show and ran out of budget.

serious answer below
The last three episodes (13, 14, and 15) are airing as web episodes. 13 came out a while back, 14 is supposedly airing this weekend, and 15 will come out some time after that.

Top Bottom