• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Dog Opens a Can of Whoopass: Duck Hunt Social Thread

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I'm so happy to see DHD being just about confirmed into the game, it makes me want to dance. The only true downside is Dr Mario & Dark Pit will indeed be included as well. Even if I mained the Doctor, it still isn't a person I wanted to see come back in comparison to others that truly deserve their place. Least we have hope of those fallen getting in as DLC.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
HAHA YES! WE ARE GETTING THE DOG!
I am so hyped.
I think this goes to show that being a gaming icon or being from an iconic game/franchise really does do a lot for getting you in as a playable character.
Unless your Toad, apparently.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Very happy to see Duck Hunt as a character. He's the only thing I like about the newly-revealed roster additions. Congrats to all of the Duck Hunt Dog supporters. I never thought Sakurai would've taken this character seriously enough to include him.

AccordionChick

Smash Rookie
I don't post much but I usually lurk to see what's new, Duck Hunt will definitely be one of my favorite all-time Smashers. If it isn't too late I'd love to join the support for Duck Hunt :) I'm really believing this leak & defending especially for DH C:

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
About time another character I supported got in.

Congrats to @ Arcadenik Arcadenik for your dream being fulfilled(You've been supporting since 2002 correct?).

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
He was my Crusade main, so he's probably one of the only things that's keeping me from canceling my pre-order right now. (Dark Pit is horrible and Sakurai should be ashamed of himself.)

They'd better handle our Mr. Peepers well. (It's his canon name, why are they calling him "Duck Hunt"?)

Last edited:

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
I loved Duck Hunt Dog..... prolly one of the few potential newcomers that i actually liked (other Nintendo characters i like are minor like Pauline and Tiny Kong) but thought he didn't stand a chance at all. first thing i thought of when he was leaked was this thread and its supporters. I can't believe its actually happening but i'm glad. Congrats to everyone who supported!

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Oh wow I haven't posted here yet. Well I might as well say congrats to you guys as well (fingers crossed). I am not familiar with the Duck Hunt Dog but I am excited nonetheless. Can't wait to learn more about him. :D

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure this isn't the same furry, carniverous mammal with a bird assisting it people were hoping to see in smash, but I'm 100% okay with this.

Yams

Smash Journeyman
It's so awesome to see the huge increase in supporters after this leak. I guess people don't know they like a character until it's confirmed ;)

I can't wait to main him, and I love that the Duck could be equally as important as the Dog. I actually like the name "Duck Hunt" as well, as I think it will capture the essence of the game.

Chompjil

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chompjil
3DS FC
0387-8858-0021
This is going to be awesome, I wasn't a big fan of DHD being the Retro character before, but this s giving me a huge rethink

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
What exactly has changed to make you rethink it though? All we've seen is an image of the dog and the duck, at this moment, the idea of it is no different than what us supporters have been saying (and showing) all along.

Either way, I'm glad something changed your mind, it's great to see positive reactions.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Is it wrong I can't wait to use the Mii Gunner to finally shoot that damn dog? :p

Chompjil

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chompjil
3DS FC
0387-8858-0021
What exactly has changed to make you rethink it though? All we've seen is an image of the dog and the duck, at this moment, the idea of it is no different than what us supporters have been saying (and showing) all along.
At this point it's been pretty much confirmed and i've seen good arguments and possible move-sets, heck we might not even know how he plays, just like, a lot of newcomers actually

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Can't find a good picture of Duck Hunt to use as my avatar. I mean, a picture of the redesigned Dog and Duck. :i6rkW:

Last edited:

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721

Either way, I'm glad something changed your mind, it's great to see positive reactions.
For me, it was the redesign. I was expecting it to be closer to that toothy nightmare in @ Arcadenik Arcadenik 's sig (no offense, nik/whoever made that model), but he's been revealed and is kind of adorable. I can't hate adorable, and I don't even *like* dogs.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
For me, it was the redesign. I was expecting it to be closer to that toothy nightmare in @ Arcadenik Arcadenik 's sig (no offense, nik/whoever made that model), but he's been revealed and is kind of adorable. I can't hate adorable, and I don't even *like* dogs.
Fair enough. I never liked that look either... The head was too big, the eyes too creepy, the teeth a bit too real. Whenever I drew him, I tried sticking a bit closer to the original, but I say, the one in the leak looks more like the original than anything I've tried to draw even.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

This sounds like a good topic that warrants its own thread in the Duck Hunt sub-forum.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Glad to be one of the few to say, I posted in here supporting before the leak images existed.

----- Non-band wagon supporters ---- you kno who u are ;)

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Can't find a good picture of Duck Hunt to use as my avatar. I mean, a picture of the redesigned Dog and Duck. :i6rkW:
This is the highest res version of him:

You can clearly see the whisker dots in this one.

@ vaanrose vaanrose It is really interesting that the leaked pic of "Duck Hunt" has a purple-headed duck... just like your DHD model in my current avatar... instead of the green-headed duck in both Japanese and American box arts, Melee trophy, and Brawl sticker. What do you think?
I chose purple because there's no such thing as a purple and blue duck.

This design makes me disown my own model.

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Hey, @ Arcadenik Arcadenik , I'm so happy for you that DHD is practically confirmed. I can't wait to use him and also pummel him into oblivion for all those years of trolling.

If the 4chan leak is also true, we both might get our most wanted characters in this game. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This is the highest res version of him:

You can clearly see the whisker dots in this one.

I chose purple because there's no such thing as a purple and blue duck.

This design makes me disown my own model.
There are no purple ducks? That's news to me!

Maybe it's a coincidence that Sakurai chose the purple duck because purple ducks don't exist... you know, to emphasize that they are cartoon animals, not real life animals... or Sakurai chose the purple duck because he saw your disowned model in my avatar.

I still cannot believe that Duck Hunt Dog could be actually getting in... but the lack of leaked videos has me feeling concerned.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
There are no purple ducks? That's news to me!

Maybe it's a coincidence that Sakurai chose the purple duck because purple ducks don't exist... or Sakurai chose the purple duck because he saw your disowned model in my avatar.

I still cannot believe that Duck Hunt Dog could be actually getting in... but the lack of leaked videos has me feeling concerned.
It surprises me the Wario version of my model is the more popular one. It's the render I would always see in any rosters that included the character.

I always preferred the Olimar one.

Also, after today, I don't feel bad about revealing this. There exists a four second clip of the Duck Hunt dog running across the stage on all fours with the duck riding on his back. I haven't seen the clip myself, but it was described to me by one the people I can confirm saw all these videos several days ago.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Ugh great. Not like this roster needed another duck wielder.

he sounds awesome

Top Bottom