• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Don’ts of Blogging

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
That'd be the ****.
It could have a few other perks, too.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Because you can't rely deny people the right to blog, so the "smash bloggers are the only people who can post here" thing wouldn't work.

They disabled post count here because of the spam, but a few of us don't spam. So why should we have to suffer? (Take this sentence lightly we've all contributed to spam a few times before.)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
On one hand that is a sort of reward, but on the other hand...post count isn't really all that important. Some sort of bonus for being a Smash Blogger would make sense, but it could also just be a figurehead. I can't really think of any good rewards for it.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Maybe it could just be the title and color as a benefit, you don't need much else.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
^^^ This ^^^

Just enough recognition so that ppl know that you have won one Blog of the Week Award.

But what if you win multiple BotW Awards?

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
^^^ This ^^^

Just enough recognition so that ppl know that you have won one Blog of the Week Award.

But what if you win multiple BotW Awards?
I think I have a solution for that.
2 wins = custom title.
If you write a good blog after that, I say give it an honorable mention.

But don't get your hopes up, these are only ideas. I doubt any of these will become reality.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I'm thinking the best thing for a prize would be maybe a title of "Smash Blogger."

Not every single thing on SWF needs it's own color and usergroup, it's actually a pain in the *** to manage them.

Post count is not being turned back on for this room. Blame the people that spammed.
I don't really get how a number is so important anyway.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Yeah, I'm with Azua in that we don't need a color for blogging, or even a title, although I'm willing to go along with the latter if need be. There really is nothing to win and the "Blog of the Week" isn't really a contest.

That said, I'm not ruling anything out. Let's see how this Blog of the Week thing goes for a while.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah. I think the sticky is enough of a reward, and again, post count really isn't a big deal and...come to think of it, wouldn't it be really hard/impossible to turn post count on just for a specific group anyways?

kr3man, that may be true at the moment, but that's what we're trying to change with this whole thing.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Nice.

Although I've shown a different stance against Firus in one of the DOJO-threads (because I found it funny), I generally think that this is a good topic and idea.
I never started a blog myself here except for my MYM Story Mode thing, so I might make one myself, I do have several topics I would like to write about in a more extensive and detailed manner.

Maybe I can show Firus I'm not a dumb nut when doing so. *shifty eyes*

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Nice.

Although I've shown a different stance against Firus in one of the DOJO-threads (because I found it funny), I generally think that this is a good topic and idea.
I never started a blog myself here except for my MYM Story Mode thing, so I might make one myself, I do have several topics I would like to write about in a more extensive and detailed manner.

Maybe I can show Firus I'm not a dumb nut when doing so. *shifty eyes*
Heh, I don't think you're a dumb nut; I just highly disagree on the Smash Bros. DOJO!! threads. I think they're spammy and not funny, either. Meh, to each his own.

I have a topic I want to write a rather large rant about sometime in the future. Hopefully I can get to it soon.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Yes, they're spammy but also funny!
DOJO =/= 4chan

I just liked the idea (and the Roy photoshop he used was really amazing, I found it on deviantArt), and found some of the lines funny. ;P

Anyway, expect some blog from me today or so, I dunno yet if I get to it. I have a lot of rants and ideas about several parts of the gaming industry, so maybe I can add to the quality of the blog section with this. I'll even try to keep the cussing down just for you Firus. ;P

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
So Jam, are you gonna make the thread? One of us probably could, but I think you'd be best for it.
I know I'll be motivated to work on a good blog, Smash Blogger's actually a cool title.

Cinder

Smash Master
Yes, they're spammy but also funny!
DOJO =/= 4chan

I just liked the idea (and the Roy photoshop he used was really amazing, I found it on deviantArt), and found some of the lines funny. ;P

Anyway, expect some blog from me today or so, I dunno yet if I get to it. I have a lot of rants and ideas about several parts of the gaming industry, so maybe I can add to the quality of the blog section with this. I'll even try to keep the cussing down just for you Firus. ;P
Meh, like Firus said, to each his own...and I'll admit that the DOJO threads were funny at first, but I started to get a little irked when, after clearly being proven a fake, he kept going...that and it was starting to get old >.>

But meh, like I said, under almost any other circumstances, I woulda lol'd...

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
So Jam, are you gonna make the thread? One of us probably could, but I think you'd be best for it.
I know I'll be motivated to work on a good blog, Smash Blogger's actually a cool title.
Not until Sunday. I plan on choosing a blog every Sunday, and I'm already reading blogs searching for the first one.

Also, don't count on the "Smash Blogger" title. Like I said, I'm not particularly keen on the idea. I'm not ruling it out though, and in the end it's not really up to me anyway.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Not until Sunday. I plan on choosing a blog every Sunday, and I'm already reading blogs searching for the first one.

Also, don't count on the "Smash Blogger" title. Like I said, I'm not particularly keen on the idea. I'm not ruling it out though, and in the end it's not really up to me anyway.
Alright. I haven't seen any yet that deserve that title, the Sonic blog's actually pretty good. Great for debate.

Yeah, I figured you wouldn't, but that's the only idea I could come up with as a reward. I mean, the archive is still nice, I guess.

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
take my thread off the front page of this. you initiated the flame war. not me. that was not a spelling/rant blog. or are we going to get into how wrong you are about everything again.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Why...? It's not like it's hurting anyone.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Actually, you were. It was a spam thread, and was just made to be stupid.
By keeping this up there, you're actually helping us out.

Learn from this guide.

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
how did i spam it? and no it wasn't made to be stupid if you read anything in it. and for me to learn something from any of you would suggest you actually know something.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
See, you're laying on the "hardass" act a little too thick, and making yourself look like a fool.

I'm going to go ahead and close this before I rip my hair out in sheer frustration, and let Jam deal with this when he gets time.

Also, here's a newsflash kiddos:

POST COUNT HAS BEEN DISABLED HERE FOR A MONTH, AT LEAST

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It was a bad blog anyway, it had no point to it.
If this guide existed back then, we didn't have trolls like you, and if people read more, this would be a much better place. I don't see why it deserves to be taken down if you're just gonna act like a snob.

Jam? Your opinion on this? Any possible infractions for our good friend RAGGEEEEE? :mad:

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
All right guys, between school, work, my wife and my son, I don't have time to read every single post back here, especially now that things have picked up in terms of activity. No johns though, I apologize for missing blatant spam and other offenses.

If you see something that you think I should address, shoot me a PM or a visitor message. I WILL NOT RESPOND TO IMs REGARDING MODERATION. And please, for my sanity, and especially Azua's, exercise some common sense and judgment when posting. I've been trigger-happy in terms of infractions because this place can get out of hand very quickly, so don't expect that to change anytime soon.

This is a unique part of the boards where most anything is allowed, within reason. That entails a high level of responsibility on your part as posters. I'm not here to hold your hands, so don't contact me over nonsense. I'd rather that this place develop a sense of maturity and self-policing awareness, but in the meantime, I'm ready with the ban hammer in hand.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
As this thread no longer represents official policy for the User Blogs, I'm unstickying it and re-opening it. If you guys want to keep it around as a suggestion for how blogs should be done, that's fine. But I will no longer be closing threads based on these criteria.

pokesmashfighter

Smash Cadet
Inafterthelock.

Jam Stunna, when some sort of person with an unearned sense of superiority makes a blog, why do you assume that it's official?

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Inafterthelock.

Jam Stunna, when some sort of person with an unearned sense of superiority makes a blog, why do you assume that it's official?
I didn't assume it was official, I chose to make it official policy. I have been corrected on that stance, so things have changed.

M.K

Level 55
I didn't assume it was official, I chose to make it official policy. I have been corrected on that stance, so things have changed.
Okay, I thought these were perfectly good rules. Can you point me to the place where I can find some OTHER decent rules that care for the well-being of the User Blogs section?
Honestly, without these criteria to go on, the User Blogs will descend into a pile of garbage where every other thread is "Hai guis u liek mudkipz?!1". It seems like without rules, you are suggesting that any small, half-***** blog with 5 words would be acceptable.

I'm not mad, I just wanna see where the actual rules are.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Inafterthelock.

I'm not some sort of person with an unearned sense of superiority. I got sick of the state of the User Blogs so I made a blog to tell people what not to do to possibly help improve the forum.

Why is it that you feel the need to attack me? Throwing a veiled insult at me because you can doesn't make you cool.

Anyways, I'm sad to see that the User Blogs won't have its own guidelines anymore, but...I guess there's not much I can do. I guess I can update this occasionally and maybe even without being official people will still stick to it somewhat.

finalark

SNORLAX
Honestly, without these criteria to go on, the User Blogs will descend into a pile of garbage where every other thread is "Hai guis u liek mudkipz?!1"
I fear that this could be a the future of the user blogs if you don't have any stable criteria to follow. I understand that global rules are now in effect with this section, but please at least have some well-enforced guidelines.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
This is a place for blogs. You can write anything you want in a blog, so long as it doesn't violate the Global Rules.

Any attempt to change the "tone" of User Blogs is basically an attempt to change the nature of blogging.

Top Bottom