• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dthrow: When faceplanting your foe wasn't good enough. (Update 10/20)

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Oh sweet. Somehow a video of my G&W's awesome tech on frigate made it in the OP... woot =)

The DThrow has interesting properties. Good work. I think some frame by frame data on each character (and even better, slow-mo video of each character). It's very important to understand timings of attacks, especially one so tight as this.

cutter

Smash Champion
Man I had to work again today so I just managed to get the pic Neb sent me tonight.

I'm thinking next on testing roll distances since characters like Snake are impossible to techchase but ROB has a crappy roll and is easily techchased.

anar9kis

Smash Rookie
grab -> mash A until you hear them mash on their controller --> dthrow --> dsmash

Novabound

Smash Apprentice
Actually I just want to add something here that I've seemingly discovered. I haven't seen it elsewhere yet...

I've been to a couple tournies and play dedw8 a lot, and ROBs just have a terrible time teching my down throw, at least the ones I've come across. Anyway, I haven't been able to find another char that this works against, but when you d throw ROB, you actually chain an up tilt from it...hitting almost 100% of the time. Not only can you chain 2 or 3 before they DI out of it, but it also sets up your nair combo for an easy 60 dmg.

It also FEELS like they can't buffer their roll if you buffer your up tilt fast enough to avoid it.

<____<

Top Bottom