• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Eastern Pennsylvania/Southern NJ Power Rankings! (Updated September 2nd 2012)

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Lol wow.

I don't care either way, but all NJ/NY players will be considered for the NJ/NY rankings until Smash 4 comes out where we will then likely seperate the states again due to a 500% more likely activity.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Due mainly to inactivity only Kingtoon would be considered for a top 10 in our region. I think he would make it on too.

If PA was considered for rankings I think it would possibly help make them more active. Philly at least. But it sounds nearly silly to include a state for pretty much one person.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
No it's not at all

Also it would help them be more active, and I bet you that Vex and Xzax would start to go to more as well, as they already want to

Doesn't matter how many people you're including, it's the state in general. Say VA all of a sudden only had one player, should MD drop them? Na, all they are doing is screwing over that one person. I think we can all agree that we all play together enough to accurately rank NJNYPA together. West PA should go with Ohio and East PA should go with NJNY. And before anyone says why split up a state, remember that NY is already split between South East NY and the rest of it lol

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
Why are people listening to chibo when he isn't even part of this state? We need to do whats good for the state and **** everyone else.

:phone:

_umbra_

Smash Champion
you philly kids can be west jersey if you want, but the rest of us are still PA ^_^ This is only a problem b/c there aren't enough PA tournaments, you philly kids are entirely separate from us now. -_-

Is there any hope of a philly venue for tournaments? As of now, the only PA tournaments I know of happen in Pittsburgh and State College, with rare ones in northeast pa and I think some in Stroudsburg. Step it up philly kids, host something! The fact that PA players can only go to tournaments in other states is a big problem.

@chibo lolllll @ us merging with ohio, only a few people from PA even go there -_- we also still have northeast pa and the stroudsburg area, as far from ohio as you can get -_-

GOTM

Smash Champion
PA should be PA. Why? Because it's ****ing PA. Who cares that one region plays a lot with another state. We have our divisions for us thanks to the United States of America.

Feel free to do Tri-State rankings as something that's cool, because yeah on a bigger scale, that is a pretty tight knit region and widely known, but splitting PA in half does nothing worthwhile for anyone, except to bump up in placing for a couple of people.

Stupid.

M@v

Subarashii!
and i can see where M@v was coming from. Philly does act like we are the whole state when we arent. regardless of skill level west PA is still PA.

Holy ****. They finally see the light O_O

As for the ohio thing, State college doesnt travel much to ohio. Thats moreso me going to ohio tourneys over the summers when home. This weekend will mark the first time a carpool full of all penn staters goes to an ohio tourney. Usually though, the interaction in this region kinda goes like this:

Central interacts with Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh interacts with Ohio/Midwest and Central.

Sometimes Midwest and State College face off at Hope tourneys since Pittsburgh is right in the middle.

In addition, I've talked to king beef and others in the past about the idea of merging pittsburgh with midwest(this probably 6 months to a year ago). We ultimately decided against it.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
Tri state rankings in addition to the regular state rankings would be nice... kind of like what people did for melee a little while before brawl came out. iirc there was tristate/mdva/new england rankings, and one big east coast top 10. Would like to see that return for barlw ^_^

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
im down for a vote and to just return to a all PA ranking. this is dum and only 1 person from this state is behind it.

All for PA only rankings

+1 PA Rankings

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
both ends are active. we just live far from each other. we dont need to interact with each other to have a ranking. as long as PA people go out to tournaments and prove themselves thats all that matters

M@v

Subarashii!
I agree a pa and nj pr is stupid. The problem ive had with the pa pr though is whenever rankings are done, the philly people always have a philosophy of "Oh, your win isnt from the area we compete in? he must be free as hell and a scrub." And since philly panelist have historically outnumbered ones from the rest of the state, that gives non philly people nearly no hope of placing high on the list. Im not denying nj/ny is the strongest region, but at the same time theres a lot of damn good players in the mw that dont travel ever to nj because it would be like 10-12 hours.

In addition, since we barely interact with your region, theres not much west pa vs new jersey. In fact whenever i go to nj during nationals i rarely ever face nj in bracket. I usually wind up facing other regionals that have travelled. Closest player to nj/ny i faced this whole year were fatal and kt but thats it.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
um. Thank god its friday, cuz fridays are always better than sundays cuz sundays are my suicide days! Yayyyy. Let's sing guys, and leave all these troubles behind us. *group hug*

Top Bottom