• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Edmonton Melee Power Ranking (updated: March 2010)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Did I quit smash or what lol
No but you never entered a singles tourney. Neither at ADAT2 or CAST4 so yeah. It's easier and more accurate to judge from singles rather then doubles. -o-

how active must one be to be considered active for the sake of being included in this masterpiece?

List looks good, although i havnt seen anyone play recently.
Same as Sean. Just go to big tourneys and stay active. I don't think any of us has seen you since CAST4 and even then you didn't go into singles.

Sourdough

Smash Rookie
Virtual-on is so good, I still have my CD somewhere for it.

It's so hard in the arcade. because you get to the bomb guy and he just hides while bombing and the controls are so awkward it's like impossible to hit him

ppig

Smash Journeyman
[As you can see, the Alberta PR is somewhat original in a sense that it includes every active smasher in albeta] ahhhhhhhhhh i dont see sean i dont see zach u are just not wanting to add people that are better then u ehh

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
[As you can see, the Alberta PR is somewhat original in a sense that it includes every active smasher in albeta] ahhhhhhhhhh i dont see sean i dont see zach u are just not wanting to add people that are better then u ehh
Those guys never enter singles. :/ Neither does Tyson, so we didn't include them.

And i'm not only one who made this lol.

ppig

Smash Journeyman
well by the definition they are all active and they have enterd tournoments just smaller ones u saying those dont count thier vic vic

Farguade

Smash Apprentice
I'm personally think Vic has the high ground here. All I've actually entered for singles tourney is that one Red Deer bi - whatever, but once Sean enters a tourney he'll be higher up there.

It's hard to measure a persons smash aptitude (tier list) when he only plays against a select few people, and it also goes to show who can handle pressure well ^_^

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
But we can't compare them to other people.

Like, If Sean and Zach do really good in a tournament with just red deer and calgary guys, then how would they be placed amongst the edmonton guys?

Everyone on there was at adat2 for singles, as well as cast4 for the most part. Such and such placed better then such and such so we ranked it accordingly. If Sean and Zach didn't play in either adat2 or cast4 singles then :/ We can't place them anywhere.

We can't say "Sean beat Brad, Brad beat Matt therefore Sean is better then Matt" We'd just be speculating at that point and we don't want that. If they had results in a tourney where we all participated in then we'd be able to rank them as accurately as we could.

Farguade

Smash Apprentice
Oh right, I guess. But then again Sean + Tyson weren't even around for that one, and my smash standing would only qualify for bottom tier. (so why even try for it :) )

What he said ^^

ppig

Smash Journeyman
well by that definition the whole pr list is a total waste of time cause u never know who is the best after the top 5 u saying this whole forum is a waste of time ?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
well by that definition the whole pr list is a total waste of time cause u never know who is the best after the top 5 u saying this whole forum is a waste of time ?
The first part is kinda true lol. Or at least Brad would agree.

And for once, I don't think I know what you're getting at here.

We have a good general understanding with how everyone ranks by their performance at adat2. Like, Jarret, Luke and I all placed 13th so then Carl and the others looked at our wins and loses and decided the ranking between the 3 of us. Same for Allan and Sho, Alex and Brad. Is that what you're trying to get at?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
>.<

I forgot, Connor always wins even when presented with logic and evidence.
You'd make a good christian.

oshi.

ppig

Smash Journeyman
ok victar go survie a month off 20 bucks LOL go save for college some were else LOL

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Tyler, I'll MM you with my Pichu. It's gotten really good recently. Ask Mike LOL. Andrew won't even play vs my Pichu anymore XD

You too Luke, your Y.Link vs my Pichu. $1.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Rich blood mah nukka.

edit: wow this was the biggest waste for my 5000th post. XD

Top Bottom