• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Essence of Wolf: A Guide to Wolf COMPLETELY REWRITTEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Kosk, don't worry about it.
Can't say I (or we, actually) didn't tell you. Not bad though.

Some of your matchups disagreed with the matchup threads we have (not saying that's a bad thing or that I disagree, just pointing it out), want to find the respective matchup threads and post some thoughts there? Several people feel that they need to be rediscussed, so just something you might want to consider.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Can't say I (or we, actually) didn't tell you. Not bad though.

Some of your matchups disagreed with the matchup threads we have (not saying that's a bad thing or that I disagree, just pointing it out), want to find the respective matchup threads and post some thoughts there? Several people feel that they need to be rediscussed, so just something you might want to consider.
Lol, Kash has told me about your "Wolf Back Room". As far as your guys' guide goes, good luck lol.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The match-up's are mostly wrong: vs ROB isn't 35/65 rather 45/55 and Marth is even. Zelda has the disadvantage while Sheik wins. Falco is worse than just 55/45 and Wolf doesn't win vs DK.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
The match-up's are mostly wrong: vs ROB isn't 35/65 rather 45/55 and Marth is even. Zelda has the disadvantage while Sheik wins. Falco is worse than just 55/45 and Wolf doesn't win vs DK.
*sighs* I leave and you guys let this guy take over? psshaw. Rob completely ***** Wolf with gimps. Back throw into 2-3 fairs is a stock on Wolf. If Wolf is off stage vs Rob, he dies. I gave Marth a slight advantage over Wolf in the form of aerials and tilts. Zeldas jab negates all of Wolfs attacks. I may go back and change the Sheik matchup, just because of tilt lock and gimps. Falco isn't hard anymore people. Laser until he reflects them back and your at 35%ish. Then you can space **** him with bairs, Dsmash at 50%, laser out illusion, shine spike his up b. Dead. Laser ***** DK, DK just has tilts and bair. DK is a laser laser punish game.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
*sighs* I leave and you guys let this guy take over? psshaw.
Stop being ********.

Rob completely ***** a badWolf with gimps.
Fixed 4 truth

Back throw into 2-3 fairs is a stock on Wolf. If Wolf is off stage vs Rob, he dies.
DI upwards. Problem solved.

I gave Marth a slight advantage over Wolf in the form of aerials and tilts.
Wolfs bair beats all of Marths aerials.
Wolfs ftilt beats all of Marths tilts.

Zeldas jab negates all of Wolfs attacks.
No

10lasers

I may go back and change the Sheik matchup, just because of tilt lock and gimps.
lol @ gimps. How many times do you actually get gimped o_0

Falco isn't hard anymore people. Laser until he reflects them back and your at 35%ish. Then you can space **** him with bairs, Dsmash at 50%, laser out illusion, shine spike his up b. Dead.
Or he just avoids the lasers while you spam it? And then CGs you to ~60%ß And 0 deaths you if you wiff the wall tech? On missed tech = one lost stock.

Laser won't solve it..

Laser ***** DK, DK just has tilts and bair. DK is a laser laser punish game.
DK is also almost impossible to KO before 150% and his smashes **** you.

Maybe if your playing a garbage Rob. Ask Overswarm, he thinks Wolf is the easiest spacey to gimp.
Overswarm? The same guy who plays MK? Idk what good Wolf he played with ROB.

If you get gimped that much, you're a bad player.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Maybe if your playing a garbage Rob. Ask Overswarm, he thinks Wolf is the easiest spacey to gimp.
He said that when the game first came out and wolf's recovery game has evolved since then. Only garbage wolfs die from ROB's backthrow->fair->fair

Don't be disrespectful towards me or gheb. For all I know you have almost 0 tournament experience. Quit acting like you're the ****

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
0 Tournament experience? Gheb lives in ****ing europe and got 3 stocked by a ganondorf and your trusting his knowledge over mine? right.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
First, I trust my own wolf knowledge over everyone. And yes I would trust his knowledge over yours. I dont give a dam if he got 3 stocked by a ganondorf, he knows what he's talking about when it comes to theory. You on the other hand seemed like you disappeared from the wolf boards completely. Sure you made a wolf guide a looong time ago, but honestly, I've always thought that guide was garbage.

Seeing how that guide was so popular, it's no wonder why I see sooo many bad Wolfs in tournaments. Clearly, they took what you wrote to heart and continued to suck ***.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
0 Tournament experience? Gheb lives in ****ing europe and got 3 stocked by a ganondorf and your trusting his knowledge over mine? right.
Big deal eh? It was just a ****ing friendly mofo. Besides I won all the other matches vs him which includes a 3 stock vs his DK.

but u know why I don't spread it round as if it was teh ****? Because it were just friendlies, kay? It was b4 the tournament where I played him and rap'd him everaytime except once. Ask him yourself mofo.

Besides you're not exactly a notable player either so don't speak big words. At least I'm not cocky as hell. You think you're the **** right? I tell ya something: You're nothin, ay? You haven't contributed anything and as soon as you show up again to update your crappy guide you think everybody kisses your f*cking ***. I go to tournaments, whether it's in the EU doesn't matter 'cuz you play f*cking wifi and don't go to tourneys at all. I kno what it's like to play a good player IRL and I know what it's like to to play it without lag. You have no clue at all. you're just a stupid little **** who thinks everybody loves you. You're an egomanic **** who doesn't know **** about what yer talking.

I wonder what knowledge your talking about cuz you have none. the only thing you know about Wolf is some ancient stuff from early 08. Noob

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Big deal eh? It was just a ****ing friendly mofo. Besides I won all the other matches vs him which includes a 3 stock vs his DK.

but u know why I don't spread it round as if it was teh ****? Because it were just friendlies, kay? It was b4 the tournament where I played him and rap'd him everaytime except once. Ask him yourself mofo.

Besides you're not exactly a notable player either so don't speak big words. At least I'm not cocky as hell. You think you're the **** right? I tell ya something: You're nothin, ay? You haven't contributed anything and as soon as you show up again to update your crappy guide you think everybody kisses your f*cking ***. I go to tournaments, whether it's in the EU doesn't matter 'cuz you play f*cking wifi and don't go to tourneys at all. I kno what it's like to play a good player IRL and I know what it's like to to play it without lag. You have no clue at all. you're just a stupid little **** who thinks everybody loves you. You're an egomanic **** who doesn't know **** about what yer talking.

I wonder what knowledge your talking about cuz you have none. the only thing you know about Wolf is some ancient stuff from early 08. Noob
Woooooooooooow. First of all, I play offline all the time. Second off, "Oh but kosk ur wrong, DK beats Wolf". Oh dude i just totally 3 stocked you DK man o dude o dude im so good. I left this site because scrubs like you try and change things. You have Diddy vs Wolf 60:40 in Wolfs favour. Are you out of your ****ing mind? No one can effectively counter banana ****, especially Wolf. Go get 3 stocked again, and GTFO my Wolf boards.

ekw808

Smash Cadet
the pictures are nice nd all but uve spent way to much time on something stupid like adding ur high def pictures which is nice nd all....... for like kids 5-year olds who cant read. Which is who im guessing your trying to impress with this guide?? S**TS WEAKK close this down.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Woooooooooooow. First of all, I play offline all the time.
Good job, now go to tourneys and get *****.

Second off, "Oh but kosk ur wrong, DK beats Wolf". Oh dude i just totally 3 stocked you DK man o dude o dude im so good. I left this site because scrubs like you try and change things.
No clue what you're talking about. I never said DK beats Wolf and wtf are you brabbling about "beat you" or "I'm so good"??

A scrub? You perhaps dont even kno what a scrub is, the way you use the word.

You have Diddy vs Wolf 60:40 in Wolfs favour. Are you out of your ****ing mind? No one can effectively counter banana ****, especially Wolf. Go get 3 stocked again, and GTFO my Wolf boards.
These aren't my numbers, *******.
I merely ran the discussions. All numbers are from the community.

I never get 3 stocked by anything btw especially not Diddy (or DK or anything else).

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Woooooooooooow. First of all, I play offline all the time. Second off, "Oh but kosk ur wrong, DK beats Wolf". Oh dude i just totally 3 stocked you DK man o dude o dude im so good. I left this site because scrubs like you try and change things. You have Diddy vs Wolf 60:40 in Wolfs favour. Are you out of your ****ing mind? No one can effectively counter banana ****, especially Wolf. Go get 3 stocked again, and GTFO my Wolf boards.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=48277593

Wolf has his weapons

ElPadrino

Smash Apprentice
Gheb, Castor.

you guys have contributed a ****load to these boards, but remember Kos was here before you and set the bases of the Wolf metagame along with some other, so show him a little respect.

I have no idea why you have to fight, one thing is to argue and discuss about things like matchups and another is to behave like ****ing kids insulting one another repeatedly about how bad one is and how noobish is the other, etc.

So from both sides, stop spamming this thread with you BS and actually contribute a little to the discussion and stay on topic, or just don't post at all and take your absurd fight to Private messages.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
lol @ saying Kosk "set the bases for wolfs metagame". I almost wet my pants on that one. No notable wolf player comes to the Wolf boards anyways or asked about his opinion or teach him how to fight. Character boards fail in general but I guess that's what they're here for. I only write stuff that helps the community, most of the time I lurk at the EU boards and see what tourneys are coming up. You should do the same (all of you) if you want to become better.

Nobody will become good by reading guides and match-up discussions. Just play the game especially at tourneys and share your experiences with others...not so good players.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
You're out of line, Gheb. It's about time we roped you back in and placed you in your pin so you can be a good little lamb. This is ridiculous.

Good job, now go to tourneys and get *****.

No clue what you're talking about. I never said DK beats Wolf and wtf are you brabbling about "beat you" or "I'm so good"??

A scrub? You perhaps dont even kno what a scrub is, the way you use the word.

These aren't my numbers, *******.
I merely ran the discussions. All numbers are from the community.

I never get 3 stocked by anything btw especially not Diddy (or DK or anything else).
Haha. Yeah, you did say Wolf doesn't win against DK.

On that note, I'd like to further say he does. When DK is above Wolf he is stock bait (similar to jail bait, for those curious). As long as you know what to do it is so easy.

You're saying, "you're wrong, you're wrong, you're wrong," but based on what? Your opinion? No evidence? No support? No reason? No logic? Just because? Shut the **** up and get out. If you are going to DEBATE something, debate it. You don't just stick your **** in a room and hope some pretty prostitute starts wailing on it. Similarly to how you don't spew random bull**** and how you're right with no basis.

AT LEAST SUPPORT YOUR REASONING! Give Koskinator a break.

Also, in reference to that Diddy vs. Wolf video, that still doesn't make it an easy match.

EDIT:
lol @ saying Kosk "set the bases for wolfs metagame". I almost wet my pants on that one. No notable wolf player comes to the Wolf boards anyways or asked about his opinion or teach him how to fight. Character boards fail in general but I guess that's what they're here for. I only write stuff that helps the community, most of the time I lurk at the EU boards and see what tourneys are coming up. You should do the same (all of you) if you want to become better.

Nobody will become good by reading guides and match-up discussions. Just play the game especially at tourneys and share your experiences with others...not so good players.
No, some character boards fail, not all. The ones that do fail are because of posts like the ones you are making. The system gets so clogged up with nonsense and repetitive bull crap that no one can think straight so they just stick their foot in their *** and hobble along. That's why I stopped coming again. I stop by again every couple months to see how things progress, but I don't see much.

Koskinator and I were the first major contributors to this board.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You're out of line, Gheb. It's about time we roped you back in and placed you in your pin so you can be a good little lamb. This is ridiculous.
Ofmg your sooooooooooooooooooooooo kool man I wanna b liek u!!!

Haha. Yeah, you did say Wolf doesn't win against DK.
and?

On that note, I'd like to further say he does. When DK is above Wolf he is stock bait (similar to jail bait, for those curious). As long as you know what to do it is so easy.
As long as DK knows what to do it's not.

You're saying, "you're wrong, you're wrong, you're wrong," but based on what? Your opinion? No evidence? No support? No reason? No logic? Just because? Shut the **** up and get out. If you are going to DEBATE something, debate it. You don't just stick your **** in a room and hope some pretty prostitute starts wailing on it. Similarly to how you don't spew random bull**** and how you're right with no basis.
Dude you have no clue what you're saying.

Everything I'm saying is always backed up. Just stop riding his ****.

AT LEAST SUPPORT YOUR REASONING! Give Koskinator a break.
What should I support with reasonoing? I already did so, when I explained how his match-up's were wrong.

And all he saaid was "no u".

Talking about backing things up

Also, in reference to that Diddy vs. Wolf video, that still doesn't make it an easy match.
Never said it was

Edit: So you and him were the first major contributors eh? No wonder the Wolf boards died before I came.

good job

ElPadrino

Smash Apprentice
Gheb, for Christ sake, You hadn't even joined the forum before Kos had his ideas about Wolf in general.

I like you, and I think you've been of great help to keep the boards alive, but you're getting way too full of yourself Gheb, and you have MASSIVELY underestimated Kos (and the Wolf boards in general) if you think we're gonna take **** from you just because you're on the WBR and posted a few topics on matchup discussions.

So Kos helped in some stuff, you helped in other and there's no reason to keep this pathetic fight.

Oh, one last thing.
If you think reading guides and matchup discussions is completely useless, then why the **** do you spend your time wrtting them?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Gheb, for Christ sake, You hadn't even joined the forum before Kos had his ideas about Wolf in general.
Big deal eh?

I like you, and I think you've been of great help to keep the boards alive, but you're getting way too full of yourself Gheb,
What? What exactly gives you that impression.

I never said I'm anything special or a good fighter.

But if that ****** shows up after half a year or something and insults me (and the entire community) I tak my right to defend my self. thats all

and you have MASSIVELY underestimated Kos (and the Wolf boards in general) if you think we're gonna take **** from you just because you're on the WBR and posted a few topics on matchup discussions.
I never said anything about Kosk or the Wolf community.

i have no idea why you say this. I'm the last person to judge upon people like this,

So Kos helped in some stuff, you helped in other and there's no reason to keep this pathetic fight.
I agree. I'm merely defending myself

Oh, one last thing.
If you think reading guides and matchup discussions is completely useless, then why the **** do you spend your time wrtting them?
To help

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
And your ******* said otherwise, which makes you a hypocritical moron. You can't even remember what you're arguing about. You'd make a **** good politician.

As long as DK knows what to do it's not.
You wanna touch ***** while we have this conversation, too?

Dude you have no clue what you're saying.

Everything I'm saying is always backed up. Just stop riding his ****.
I know exactly what I am saying and I HAVE NEVER and WILL NEVER ride anyone's ****. Except maybe Jackie Chan. **** he's cool.

What should I support with reasonoing? I already did so, when I explained how his match-up's were wrong.
Facts and opinions are different. That's why we have match up discussions. It takes a collaborative effort from a group to establish such things.

Never said it was
Wasn't even talking to you you self-centered prick.

Edit: So you and him were the first major contributors eh? No wonder the Wolf boards died before I came.

good job
I won't even dignify this with a response.

ElPadrino

Smash Apprentice
Big deal eh?
It is if you're insulting and discrediting a major contributor to the Wolf borards.

What? What exactly gives you that impression.

I never said I'm anything special or a good fighter.

But if that ****** shows up after half a year or something and insults me (and the entire community) I tak my right to defend my self. thats all
Well, you aways tell people what's right and what's wrong, and you seem kinda arrogant in general.

I never said anything about Kosk or the Wolf community.
What?! Dude the whole freaking fight is about Kos and you.

i have no idea why you say this. I'm the last person to judge upon people like this,
You are judging Kos just right now, he did a lot to these boards, and leaving six months is absolutly no reason to discredit him for everything he did. His absense is non of our business.

I agree. I'm merely defending myself
Good, but your defenses are not true in the least, and making fun and being sarcastic doesn't help your your credibility. At all.

Acording to you reading those won't make us better, so in what sense is it gonna help us?

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
You know, a weakness in discussion is taking one weak or otherwise irrelevant point and focusing on that and that alone. You take my joke and completely disregard everything else I said.

Man, high five please?

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal

That's the ticket! Make yourself look arrogant as *** to prove a point :)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It is if you're insulting and discrediting a major contributor to the Wolf borards.
Funny. He's doing exactly the same :(

Well, you aways tell people what's right and what's wrong, and you seem kinda arrogant in general.
I'm the last one to tell anyone "what to do". Never did, never will.

What?! Dude the whole freaking fight is about Kos and you.

I meant before he showed up and insulted me, merely for trying to improve the accuracy of the match-up's.

You are judging Kos just right now,
Not really, actually. I'm just trying to get his head out of his ***

he did a lot to these boards, and leaving six months is absolutly no reason to discredit him for everything he did. His absense is non of our business.
With the (sarcastic) excpetions I never discredited anything he did or does.

I just siad that he didn't set the nases for wolfs metagame. Just a I didn't anything of this kind...

Acording to you reading those won't make us better, so in what sense is it gonna help us?
To see things from people's point of view and how they experienced certain match-up's. It's good to know things from people who played the matches.

Since it seems so hard for you to understand:

I'M NOT PUTTING DOWN KOSKINATORS CONTIBUTION. I'M ONLY DEFENDING MYSELF AFTER TRYING TO ACTUALLY HELP. THIS SMART MAN THEN TOOK I AS A REASON TO WRITE RANDOM CRAP ABOUT ME.

I don't have much else to say about. If you still don#t understand I can't help you

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Wow, everyone, chill ._.

To start with, thanks Kosk for wishing us good luck, whether it was sarcastic or not. We'll post ours up when it's ready, and then the best one will get stickied. Or both, for some reason.

Let me just get this out of the way: I have very little tourney experience. Last tourney I went to, I wasn't able to enter, but I was doing pretty well in friendlies, very few losses but then again it's just friendlies. Most of what I say is more theory than experience, but I ask questions to find out things that I don't know. If it is something I know from experience, I'll say so. I don't think much of myself, but I like to help when I think I can.

There are no big names in the tourney scene that regularly visit these boards. No need to go around trying to be all alpha male about it and dissing people, if you really want people to think you're good, post some vids, the boards aren't a great way to determine player skill. Arguing just makes you look bad.

I'm not arguing matchups in here, everyone can go argue things on the matchup threads if they want, cause that's where it belongs.

And for the record, OS thinks MK can survive snake's uair at 180%. Just sayin, I don't completely trust his thoughts on some things anymore. Like Castor, I trust my own knowledge before anyone elses, unless they show me the proof.

Really though, everyone helped out, stop with the superiority complexes, and let's all just get along and work to develop wolf's metagame, okay? Kosk, we all appreciate the contributions you made early in the game's history, and Gheb, we all appreciate you helping us out (a great deal) during our low point. Just... chill. Any contribution is a good contribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom