• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Falco SHINE GUIDE by NJ'zFinest

UchihaJP

Smash Ace
I think this question has been asked many times, but I really dont know where to find it sorry..
"How to do Infinite Shine like in the DBR Movie Shined Blind"?
When I Shine with Fox, I have lag and can't move fast enough to shine the opponent again.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
have u tried reading my guide?....
there's 2 ways, one is more damaging since an aerial move is included. i'll just repost wat i posted on the first page...
"Repeative waveshine: shine, wavedash, shine, wavedash, etc. This works best on flat stages and it’s an easy way to bring the opponent to the edge of the stage. When against a wall, you can shine and then wavedash (into the ground) repeatedly; finish with an upsmash or grab.

Waveshine to repeative drillshine: waveshine, short hop, d-air, repeat. This can be used just like the repeative waveshine except it’s slower, stronger, and harder to do."
there's a way u can reverse the direction to keep it going on infinitily, but you should actually read the guide first.

UchihaJP

Smash Ace
Ic, I did read ur guide.. but cuz of the lag it did'nt work for me.
after watching the video again, i noticed It was only at that Hill on the right side against Ganondorf.
I'll try it again.

Thanks

JerryCooL

Smash Rookie
ummmm falcoandfox is there a difference between a normal shine and a waveshine... like does running up to some1 and shinning them have the same result as a waveshine. because whenever i shine some1 they always drift really far away from me and it looks completely different from wat i see in fox videos.
and i am also having trouble using a waveshine. i know u just wavedash out of a shine. but i still cant do it after lots of practice. do i press D +B and hold b then do a wavedash?
please help me ^_^ im really struggling with this problem

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
normal shine= waveshine
the only difference is that u wavedash after one of them...that's it
they both do the same effect on the oppenent, it's just that the wavedash from the waveshine gets you closer. when u shine some1, and drift very far, maybe it's just a certain character ur fighting that does that (look at the groupings i made)
and no, i cant help u wavesdash out of the shine. i learned to simple practice and nothing more.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Faf, you never added the shine to usmash that I told you about... So much fun, especially since it works on all chars.

Oh yeah, and I've moved fox up to my secondary. Woot?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Omnigamer said:
Faf, you never added the shine to usmash that I told you about... So much fun, especially since it works on all chars.

Oh yeah, and I've moved fox up to my secondary. Woot?
shine to usmash, you meant upsmashing right out of the shine, right?. i know you can upsmash, grab, jump, and wavedash out of a shine just as a shield, i just never seen upsmashing out of a shine useful. i never knew that could combo. i have to try it :psycho: since i never have b4.
and fox is ur secondary...u must be amazing with fox since you have a godly kirby. good stuff omni :)

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
ok, im lost. upb out of shine doesnt seem to combo at all :psycho: idk wat you mean

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Dash shine: when you run and perform a shine. When u do a dashed waveshine, you actually end up closer to the stunned opponent through the momentum of the dash.
. .

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
foxandfalco said:
One combo that works on EVERY character is the dashed waveshine to upsmash. Obviously, it has something to do with the momentum of the dash.
I knew I put that in somewhere :p
But there's other dashed combos I didn't go over like dashed JC shine to u-air, b-air, n-air, or d-air. I have to play around more with the dashed shine.
EXPERIMENTING TIME!!! :colorful:
mkmelee said:
Juste read it over again and I found out what pillar meant. :laugh: *gets smacked for not knowing*
:chuckle:

Doraki

Smash Lord
foxandfalco said:
One combo that works on EVERY character is the dashed waveshine to upsmash. Obviously, it has something to do with the momentum of the dash.
Doesn't just dash shine-upsmash works on every character ?
Because the shine wd upsmash shouldn't work on characters who fall on the ground after being shined.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Doraki said:
Doesn't just dash shine-upsmash works on every character ?
Because the shine wd upsmash shouldn't work on characters who fall on the ground after being shined.
Doraki be right. This is what I was referring to.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
whoa whoa, you mean a upsmash right out of the shine, except dashed? oh. i thought u mean a dashed WAVEshine to upsmash

BUT
Doraki said:
A DASHED waveshine to upsmash does work on characters who fall on the ground. I tried and done it. It's "even" in Shined Blind ( yes, it's seriously outdated) where zelgadis does it to a roy.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
The problem there is that it can be teched or rolled/getup attacked/gotten up from before the usmash can connect. This method hits them before they even hit the ground, so no escaping.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
i noticed, dashed shine to upsmash is better n it's so cool lookin. my friends were amazed :colorful:
props to omni!

Maelstrom

Smash Journeyman
I might just post this in other threads.. though this isn't really new its just something i found out...

Fox's Wave Shine can SORTA work on Falco..

When you shine --and falco falls-- dash towards him, shffl d-air --it should hit him because he's coming up from the fall-- shine, repeat...

this is all assuming he DOESN'T Tech Hit...

Hopefully I don't get torn appart by Fox and Falco experts for saying this.. :laugh:

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Maelstrom said:
I might just post this in other threads.. though this isn't really new its just something i found out...

Fox's Wave Shine can SORTA work on Falco..

When you shine --and falco falls-- dash towards him, shffl d-air --it should hit him because he's coming up from the fall-- shine, repeat...

this is all assuming he DOESN'T Tech Hit...

Hopefully I don't get torn appart by Fox and Falco experts for saying this.. :laugh:
yea, this is basically tech chasing after a shine, i kinda went over this, not in depth though- since it's a shine guide + there's multiple tech chasing strats + tech chasing usually comes from mind games

david_jiang13

Smash Cadet
this guide was really helpful to me becuz i was planning to start using falco becuz my friends are getting pissed becuz i own them with roy and i do need another character to master to for some tournaments im gonna try to start up here in Canada

Casture

Smash Apprentice
Falco's or Fox's (u-throw -->wavedash-->shine) At low percentages, does this work? I do it all the time against computers but I don't know how it will do against humans. It's hard for me to predict which way they are going to fall with Falco's u-throw so it only works once in a while. I've never seen this technique done in videos before. Is there a reason?

Edit: This is how this situation works. You (insert space animal) u-throws another space animal. From that they either fall left or right. You then wavedash in that direction and then shine. This usually hits them at lower percentages.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Casture said:
Falco's or Fox's (u-throw -->wavedash-->shine) At low percentages, does this work? I do it all the time against computers but I don't know how it will do against humans. It's hard for me to predict which way they are going to fall with Falco's u-throw so it only works once in a while. I've never seen this technique done in videos before. Is there a reason?

Edit: This is how this situation works. You (insert space animal) u-throws another space animal. From that they either fall left or right. You then wavedash in that direction and then shine. This usually hits them at lower percentages.
yea, if you seen mofo's falco play, he does up throw to shine. it's a good tactic (i covered it) since it can lead to an easy aerial after the JC shine in the air. for fox though, since his shine sends the oppenent down, it's best to rather do an aerial or upsmash instead of simple 5 damage unless your near the edge of the stage.

btw, thx for all positive feedback guys :colorful:

Qazam

Banned via Administration
I am great with basic stuuf with falco u no like sidestep mid dodge stuff like that wavedashing im alright with but i am trying 2 get better. i will tryto ally your "technqe" to mine and see how it works out. i wil rite if i "discover" anything

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
my technique? if your looking for a way to play falco, look at the falco guide. this is just a shine guide, only stuff on de reflector Qazam.
im a smash lord now, oh happy days

Casture

Smash Apprentice
Another question....I can't really waveshine backwards. Forwards, yes, but backwards, no. He keeps turning around in the shine but he won't wave. Any tips?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Casture said:
Another question....I can't really waveshine backwards. Forwards, yes, but backwards, no. He keeps turning around in the shine but he won't wave. Any tips?
this is how i do it, when i press down b, i release the control stick to it's orginal position, then i wavedash. usually when people do forward wavedashes, they never centering the control stick. idk why, but centering it for that slight moment betweent he shine and back wavedash helps me :dizzy:

Qazam

wow

wow man u no your stuff pretty well. ay least 4 fox an falco. hu o u prefure fox or falco

Qazam

min is falco. by th way if u hav any more tips falco rit 2 me

Qazam

How manty tornaments hav u been 2? m iv bn to only 1 im on th other side of the worl if u r in th U.S im in asia

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
thank you :)
i prefer falco cause he can be really cheap and he doesnt have a counter. but...i yous fox just because he has more potential and im just plain better with fox. also, since fox is harder to use than falco, it's more...um, rewarding to play with him and win.
oh, i have been to 1 tourney
if u really want some tips, you should just look at the fox and falco guides and ask questions

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=63633
^ that's all of them

Qazam

dddddddaaaaaaaammmmmmmmnnnnnnn u really no your crap u should try 2 rite a giude 4 every charactor and sell it big buks

Qazam

almost forgot how do u make pimpin signitures like everyone else with alll that crazy crap

Top Bottom