• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The FD Testing Thread. Issue 3: MOAR HITBOXES, Kill Percents & Diminishing Knockback

Sliq

Smash Master
Just an FYI FD, you might just want to take in game screen shots, and then put red circles with like 50% opacity over the hitbox area. It would be cooler looking and probably more helpful. No hate, just a suggestion. Melee had a hitbox program that did this, in real time, and let you slow it down and stuff, but it was easier since AR showed you the hitboxes with certain moves.

:034:

Smash Hero
Just an FYI FD, you might just want to take in game screen shots, and then put red circles with like 50% opacity over the hitbox area. It would be cooler looking and probably more helpful. No hate, just a suggestion. Melee had a hitbox program that did this, in real time, and let you slow it down and stuff, but it was easier since AR showed you the hitboxes with certain moves.
I thought of that, but I don't have an SD Card, and I can't find any screens online either. :/

Sliq

Smash Master
I thought of that, but I don't have an SD Card, and I can't find any screens online either. :/
You could always just use a digital camera and take no flash pictures. If you did that, it should work fine. You might want to turn the lights off though. It might make it better.

Of course, if you don't have an SD card, you probably don't have a digital camera, and that makes me ********.

Well, when I get some time I might be able to help you out with the photos.

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
Don't worry, the matchup charts are a joke.
Ganon has good matchups vs. Mario, Kirby, fatties, etc. Some people use him as a counterpick vs. Snake
Mario I doubt.

Mario just has way too many ways to gimp Ganny, cape, FLUDD and the Tornado all of which wreck havoc with Ganon's recovery. Kirby he does well, Snake I actually do agree Ganon is a Snake counter, I use him as one because he can punish Snake so surprisingly well and is one of the few characters who can gimp Snake thanks to his disjointed hitbox.

Smash Hero
You could always just use a digital camera and take no flash pictures. If you did that, it should work fine. You might want to turn the lights off though. It might make it better.

Of course, if you don't have an SD card, you probably don't have a digital camera, and that makes me ********.

Well, when I get some time I might be able to help you out with the photos.
My dad has a digital camera, so I'll just have to borrow it. But in-game pictures would be a lot better, so if you could help out with that, that'd be great.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Are you sure the Up-smash has that much horizontal range? I have doubts about that personally.

Smash Hero
Upsmash has been known for a long time for it's crazy horizontal range. Here's a picture of hitting the IC with it, well within the range:

I hate the IC, even without their infinite chaingrabs. d:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Oh huh. I've just missed with my Up-smash too much cause I suck and think the hitbox is as big as Snake's U-tilt. :p

hyperstation

Smash Lord
FD- I think you did the boost smashing data, right? I was messing around with boost smashing yesterday and I thought I noticed that even though the slide is almost negligible, it seemed like the hitbox might have gone out further. This is in no way studied or scientific, and perhaps it was just that couple of pixels I slid that made it connect, but nonetheless, it seemed like something was happening...

Smash Hero
Yes, something happens. You slide a few pixels further, hardly unnoticeable, but it catches you off guard when it connects.

And A2, it's definitely not as big as Snake's utilt... That one is just too broken for words.

Top Bottom