• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The FFAD, or SHFFAD video link

Nebaku

Smash Rookie
This is "and other aspects relating directly to gameplay".

Not an advanced tech, just a tech. However, if someone on here puts enough time into it, maybe they can find it useful.

The original thread and video are at http://www.allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=4273 if you would like to read the start up post.(you can use me as a reference).

Basically, the "fast fall" can be replaced with the fast falled air dodge, in any situation that is not considered offensive. So this could be useful for BTT if nothing else(since that is where the fractional second matters most).

I ran into a similar thread here, a while back, it seemed to be dealing with relatively the same situation, but it had a different approach, that would be the SHADing post.

Koscu

Smash Cadet
yeah its the same thing :) The SHAD for short form but it can be used as a SH-FF-A-AD combo. Its definitely not advanced, but such a useful move imho, though i'm biased ;)

using an aerial in it is tough to do, but is do able. I've done it a few times at full speed, but i can pull it off everytime in 1/4, 90% in 1/2 and about 60% in 2/3. It's really tough to do, but the normal SHAD itself i find it useful, cause we've found, with or without the airdodge as some have found, you can abuse the buffering system and continue onto something else as soon as you hit the ground, such as a grab, tilt, smash, dash, or roll.

I was wondering if I could put your video in the SHAD thread, if its okay. I'll give you credit, obviously.

Nebaku

Smash Rookie
Of course.

The cool thing is, with any of those moves I was doing, I could have immediately gone into any sort of attack. I just didn't have the time to shoot that when I was making the video.

Koscu

Smash Cadet
Yeah definitely, that's how i found it discovered it for myself the first time. I was just ******* around with short hops and air dodges, and i tilted when i landed. Caught me by surprise. Its pretty useful in game once you get it down pretty fast, definitely takes timing and practice, but seems really potentially useful. Hopefully your video will help some people see it a little better, most video's around here were just full jumps into an air dodge. Thanks :)

Top Bottom