• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fight Is On!!! April 19th Keokuk, IA

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
I can fit two people at my place. That's all the housing unless sheer cold is gonna allow people to stay the night at the building. Than more than two people can stay :p

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
4 more days o joy :D!!! Agreed second page is worse than brawl. Bridge of Eldin is counterpick.

Anybody have any questions regarding anything?

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
4 more days o joy :D!!! Agreed second page is worse than brawl. Bridge of Eldin is counterpick.

Anybody have any questions regarding anything?
Bridge of Eldin is a counterpick? :urg:
I should get good at Chain Grabbing with King 3D! :bee:

Tyser you should go to this, you'd win ez. Just Chain Grab, no competition ;)

-BC-

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
Any kind of smash fest going on on Friday or are you two occupied? I have the entire day off thanks to the graduates having to take a test, why couldn't we have had this kind of thing in high school?

So yeah. Get back to me on that.

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
Any kind of smash fest going on on Friday or are you two occupied? I have the entire day off thanks to the graduates having to take a test, why couldn't we have had this kind of thing in high school?

So yeah. Get back to me on that.
Well I work in till 11 on Friday so I doubt we'll have have anything.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
That is too bad funked :'( I don't there will be a dedede that chain grab to death line. It's possible but all they way across the stage??? I think you can di out of it if you expect it. But we'll see if anyone can do it.

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
That is too bad funked :'( I don't there will be a dedede that chain grab to death line. It's possible but all they way across the stage??? I think you can di out of it if you expect it. But we'll see if anyone can do it.
Oh yea its been done... Tyser can do it no prob.
Ask JasTiger about it lol... he'll tell u all about 3D's Chain grab :laugh:

-BC-

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
well faellie Im not sure which person your talking too. But BC isn't kidding. And neither is Sheer Cold about Dedede's chaingrab. lol.

Also I feel like a captain sinking with his ship. If the turnout isn't too big please don't kill me :'(

Dark Hogosha

Smash Apprentice
well faellie Im not sure which person your talking too. But BC isn't kidding. And neither is Sheer Cold about Dedede's chaingrab. lol.

Also I feel like a captain sinking with his ship. If the turnout isn't too big please don't kill me :'(
Dude, no worries. I've held tourneys with less than 16.

On another note, I can't remember who all was supposed to play me in some 2D fighters at some point in time (I think most/all are Des Moines/Ames players), but should I bring my PS2?

Also, Dubuque SHOULD be able to bring two TVs if you guys need 'em.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Well some more people are supposed to come that I had no idea about (locals) So that's good. I'll play some 2d fighters :) I'm no good at them but I like them. I'll also play melee and any crazy games people bring. :D lol.

Sheer cold we should hook up rock band (360) :D:D:D:D:D Anybody good at it? I play the drums.

This is going to be fun. And mike can you show me how to make double eli brackets on
paper please?

Also I have been really slacking on setups. I have no "confirmed" setups. So if everybody who can bring a tv or a wii or a whole setup brings one i would greeeatly appreciate it. I would rather have too many than not enough. And if there's setups not being used people can use them to play other games or something after the tournament.

The tournament is going to have to end around 10. no later than 10:30. I have to go to work at midnight. I need some time to clean up lol.

Dark Hogosha

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I'll teach you how to do double-elim brackets on paper. It's severely easy stuff, trust me. If I can run four of 'em at the same time, anyone can run one.

Probably won't hook the PS2 up if we're not sure on setups. I'll bring my PS2 and I'll have my arcade stick with me, but I'd rather make sure there are enough Brawl setups.

Also, I'm alright at drums on Rock Band. I haven't played for a month since I broke my drums (I don't think they're made to handle someone playing Expert four times a week for three months straight), but hey. I'll have 'em back either tonight or Monday. And if no one has any balls I'll scrub out vocals on Medium. ;P

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
The only thing I can play on expert is the drums. I'm pretty good. I just can't beat boston/foreplay. I can do a handful of songs on expert on the guitar I really suck at vocals. Also sheer cold's mic is broke. We got one set of drums one guitar and that's it. So if anybody wanted to bring an extra guitar and or mic that would be sweet.

Suichimo that's lame :( lol.

If anybody has power cords do you think you can bring them? I can scrounge a few.

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
The only thing I can play on expert is the drums. I'm pretty good. I just can't beat boston/foreplay. I can do a handful of songs on expert on the guitar I really suck at vocals. Also sheer cold's mic is broke. We got one set of drums one guitar and that's it. So if anybody wanted to bring an extra guitar and or mic that would be sweet.

Suichimo that's lame :( lol.

If anybody has power cords do you think you can bring them? I can scrounge a few.
How is it lame that I want to spend time with family that I get to see once or twice a year? It probably won't be until 6 at night or later anyway. If there is time I'll come back as well and just see if I can't stay at someone's house for the night after the tournament.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Hey I wanted to thank everybody for coming. It was nice seeing Dubuque and Des Moines

Shout outs

Hogosha: Thanks for showing me how to make brackets on paper :D Your really good at rock band. Playing go with the flow by Queens of the Stone Age was fun. I suck at high notes :(

Christie: It was great seeing you again. um....... could you unblock me on aim pretty please?

Joker: Great snake lol.

Rest of the des moines crew it was great seeing everybody. The crew keeps on growing lol.

Skizm: Those matches were insane!!! Man they were intense. Game and Watch is GAY! lol

I thank everyone so much for attending. I know it was real small but it was good nontheless. If there is anything you didn't like just let me know.

RESULTS

singles

1st Joker (snake)
2nd Hogosha (peach)
3rd Hurricane (falco)
4th Skizm (Game and Watch)

teams

1st 490 Frozen (Joker, Skizm) Snake, Game and Watch
2nd Kitty Cat Dancers (Hogosha, Faellie) peach/zero suit, Lucario
3rd No name (Bobby, Ace) Ganon, Captain Olimar

Dark Hogosha

Smash Apprentice
Fun tourney. I'll try to make it for the next one whenever that is. Was a blast playing four disturbingly difficult matches in a row. You guys make me work hard for 2nd.

Joker -- I hate Snake's special taunt. ;P Very good games, looking forward to playing you more soon.

Schism -- Holy crap you leveled up from when I played you in Melee in Des Moines. Brawl is definitely a good game for you. Keep it up. And sorry about the Corneria stuff. I had to take the kills however I could get 'em.

Hurricane -- I got lucky. Good matches, definitely looking forward to losing to you in the future. ^_^

Gabe -- You got a tough bracket, man. Keep playing Pikachu, he's really good.

Kami -- Don't forget how to do double-elim brackets after this. ;P

Everyone who sang on Rock Band -- QUIT WORRYING ABOUT WHAT YOU SOUND LIKE! Just sing and have fun. I have no vocal range but I do it just fine.

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
Gotta say this was the quietest tourney I've ever been too.

Joker -- I hate Snake.

Schism -- Game & Watch is to **** good.

Kami -- Pretty good tourney not your best but pretty good .

Dark Hogosha -- All those team matches were intense.

Faellie -- Great matches. I always lose to the girls :(

[/QUOTE]

Stand_Alone_Complex

Smash Rookie
Gotta say this was the quietest tourney I've ever been too.

Joker -- I hate Snake.

Schism -- Game & Watch is to **** good.

Kami -- Pretty good tourney not your best but pretty good .

Dark Hogosha -- All those team matches were intense.

Faellie -- Great matches. I always lose to the girls :(
[/QUOTE]

I'll second that on the quietest tourney I've ever been too. I had some fun matches. I wasn't that disapointed about losing too much either.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
This tourney was fun and even though it was a short one it was nice hanging out with every one

Dark Hogosha - Our matches were to close Peach is way faster and ZSS Up-B is ******** good. Sorry i took u to Shadow Moses but i had to do Snakes special taunt

Faellie - It was nice playing u specially ur Pit nobody plays him

Schism - What can i say ur G&W is too good and Snake for backup in teams is just ****

Kami - GGs mang, and they said that Smash die in Des Moines

Sheer Cold - The Random Char caught me off guard I should have done it with u LOL

Well hopefully next tourney there will be more people and we can also do a crew battle, I will also start uploading the matches in this account http://youtube.com/user/Joker490Frozen

Snake for top tier!!1

§chizm

Smash Lord
This tourney was definitely a lot of fun.

Dark Hogosha- Man those were some tense matches. I'll know not to counterpick Corneria against you next time. Also I thought you were going to have a heart attack or something between matches. :laugh:

Faellie-Good games, it was nice to actually play against Pit in a tourney for once. Also good games in Melee, even though I was playing terribly.

Kami- Those were some ridiculously close matches. I still hate Marth :)

Joker- Way to **** man, and good **** in doubles. So many double kills with Snakes FSmash... Also LOL at the Codec. You're a nerd.

I'll try to make it out again to any more tourneys you host Kami.

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
Sorry I couldn't get matches in with everyone, definitely would've been nice to play another Pit.

Hurricane - Good matches. I'll make sure to get better before the next tournament.

Hopefully the next tournament has more people attending and doesn't take place on Prom. Although I still have no clue why they moved it up an entire month...

Stand_Alone_Complex

Smash Rookie
Sorry I couldn't get matches in with everyone, definitely would've been nice to play another Pit.

Hurricane - Good matches. I'll make sure to get better before the next tournament.

Hopefully the next tournament has more people attending and doesn't take place on Prom. Although I still have no clue why they moved it up an entire month...
Me either and the last day of school is June.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Yeah the only thing im fairly decent at is melee lol. Oh well thanks everybody who played melee it was fun :D

Next tournament will probably take place in Cedar Rapids if I can find a dirt cheap building lol xD.

Top Bottom