• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The first char you used in Brawl?

Pikminmaniac

Smash Cadet
I whent straight to Olimar. At first I was going to try every character before him (saving the best for last), but I could not wait to play as my favourite video game character of all time!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well... it was definetly Bowser since well I was a customed to playing as him already, but unfortunetly though, he didn't turn out how I expected.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Believe it or not, I actually used Ike first. I was too enchanted with the Ike vs Marth battle that I couldn't go to Mario vs Wario first.

But now I play Mario much more than Ike.

unwelc0med

Smash Journeyman
well... it was definetly Bowser since well I was a customed to playing as him already, but unfortunetly though, he didn't turn out how I expected.
ROFL

*x/y diagonal right/left*

WHY NO WAVEDASH

*tries to combo*

HITSTUN IS BALLS

I know what you mean.

i almost pissed on myself after they made fox suck ***.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
First- Kirby - N64 main. He started it all.
Second - Bowser - First person I loved using in Melee. Bowser for life.
Third - Marth - My Melee main.
Fourth - I think it was Ike, I thought he was cool at the time. /lame =/

GrayPlague

Smash Apprentice
I actually started off with Ike, but I'm too aggressive for a slow character. Then I tried Pit, still too aggressive for him but this time because he's waaay too spammy. Then I unlock G&W and it's been him from then on. Now I'm starting to play Pokemon Trainer. I apparently really like quirky characters. >.>

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Metaknight, this was before I knew he was 1337 hax tier though.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Lucas, of course. The first time I used PK Freeze... I still remember it. It was at GameStop; we were having a grandiose Free For All on Yoshi's Island. :chuckle: I remember how surprised I was when I saw how strong his up smash was!

...I don't understand people who don't like Brawl, it's such a great game. So many memories... I hope to continue to play it for many years to come.

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
I immediately went to fox thinking he was gonna be the best.

Then almost everything about him got nerfed.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
...I don't understand people who don't like Brawl, it's such a great game. So many memories... I hope to continue to play it for many years to come.
yeah those are probally the people at melee that (most of them) have once johned about brawl...

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Lucas, of course. The first time I used PK Freeze... I still remember it. It was at GameStop; we were having a grandiose Free For All on Yoshi's Island. :chuckle: I remember how surprised I was when I saw how strong his up smash was!

Because it took more skill to play melee than to play brawl. But Brawls still a good game and can still be played competively.

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
My first Brawl was in EB games waiting for my friend to buy his copy (I had already bought mine from another store where I had reserved it). I picked up a wiimote (lol) and it was in the middle of an Ike vs. Ness match. I was the Ike. I heard the sound effects of his sword hitting an opponent and instantly decided he was amazing.

I'm pretty sure all of my friends played mostly Ike the first week or so of Brawl, just because he's so friggin good at FFA's when everyone is a noob at the game.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
The first character I used was Metaknight, and I was actually hoping he was the **** you top tier character he would eventually be. You see, my friend just so happened to start maining Marth before we started playing competitively, and then he called dibs on Pit when news of Brawl came out. In an attempt to claim a high tier character myself, I chose Metaknight. (feels so dirty)

Brawl was so awesome the first day I played it. I wish that feeling of the unknown in the very moves you were had lasted forever. :(

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
Mario was who I played, first since he and Dr. Mario were my Melee mains. However, I was dissapointed to find that Mario was definitely weaker-feeling, and FLUDD took me by surprise. I found myself using D-air often at first. In fact, I lost that match just trying to adjust to Brawl.

Shurk

Smash Cadet
Diddy. Back when I thought the Peanut Gun was the funniest/most useless move and thought bananas were a waste of a move. Lol.

Being an agile monkey, just made my day tho ;)

Scott!

Smash Lord
Pit, because from the moment I first saw him in the first trailer, I knew he'd be awesome. Then, probably Ike, since he's such a beast. Plus, my man Marth wasn't unlocked yet.

Airwalkerr

Smash Journeyman
Mofuggin Captain Falcon. I can remember just bawling when I saw his nerfs. I just got my *** beat by my friends, who were playing Fox, Jigglypuff and Mario, and we everyone was just all riled up because their Melee favorites were nerfed and unplayable the way we were used to. But then I saw Luigi's new playstyle, and Lucario and Wario and all the sweet *** aditions to Brawl, and I didn't even care that I couldn't play Falcon anymore. I was knee'in people for like 6 years, time for some new ****.

x9whitey9x

Smash Journeyman
I think I actually started with Lucas. I loved Ness in Melee, but I couldn't find him so I picked up Lucas.
Lucas
Ike
Pokemon Trainer

Top Bottom