• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Flatzone Diner|A Guide To Chef|

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
since there's a thread for oil panic i thought why not make one for chef?(Neutral Special)
if you find any new discoveries with the frying pan or combo's
post it here
so it can be added onto the list
and yes i know it might not have alot going for it
but i figure some of you could figure out something to do with it....

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Up B to frying pan = Amazing :).

Neb

Smash Lord
Chef jumbles some projectiles.
I'll have a further description in my guide this afternoon.

plasmid

Smash Apprentice
It's randomness makes it hard to want to use, since you can't be sure you wont be punished, but its still better than Side B.

HammerWang

Smash Apprentice
well my uses for it is after a kill, u just throw out 5 bacons and try to keep ur invincible opponent at bay

other than that i always try to go for the hot pan spike ^^
its alot stronger from melee, but its also harder to pull off

BbqCombo

Smash Apprentice
Great for edge guarding against a meta knight since it makes it hard for them to maneuver

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
It has the same uses that it had from Melee. Use it to control space. it makes aerial-based opponents wary.

TJL

Smash Rookie
Chef to dtilt can be useful depending on how your opponent reacts. For example if the second you stop using chef, they rush right at you on the ground.
It's best not to use chef too much IMO, as it can be very punishable. If used sparingly, however, its great for spacing.

D

Deleted member

I think its great for edgeguarding and mindgames. You do a quick 5 chef when they are trying to recover and then hop down and do a fair, it really closes their options and makes their recovery much more predictable. Not to mention the pan spike also, they get back up thinking they will outprioritize/outrange it; nope not at all. They are right back down on the edge, possibly taking a few bacon to the face in the process.

PS. Not sure if this is common knowledge, but if you press B rapidly during chef he throws out bacons much faster.

doodmahn

Smash Journeyman
I don't really think that pan spiking is worth it when G&W has much easier to do aerials with similar results. I think it's more for show against noobs.

Mr Mattastic

Smash Journeyman
Chef to dtilt can be useful depending on how your opponent reacts. For example if the second you stop using chef, they rush right at you on the ground.
It's best not to use chef too much IMO, as it can be very punishable. If used sparingly, however, its great for spacing.
Alot of times if they make it past the bacon and manhole the skillet will connect and send them a pretty good distance.

Top Bottom