• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fog - Game Over!

spam_master

Smash Rookie
Change of plans, don't come to my house plz. It's dangerous.

Just listen to what your friendly local officers tell you to do.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Can't you guys ****ing turst me for two seconds, I told you guys how many fog people there are and my tip led to one of their deaths[OOC] the shear fact that EE changed the game to make something I said match a clue, should be proof enough[/OOC]
I wish I could trust you, Mr. Bennett. You have given us information that hinted at Waterman having something to do with this strange fog, but that means that you have something to do with this fog too. It doesn't help that the information you did give us was spoken while you were asleep, and not in control of your actions.

There's no doubt that you have some connection to this abominable fog. Whether that connection is something will benefit us or prove dangerous to the safety of the town is something that none of us knows right now, except perhaps yourself.

Nobody could kill anyone in my house because I said I'd lock up all the weapons.
Locking up all the weapons means you are vulnerable to assault from without. Not locking them all up means you are vulnerable to assault from within.

Neither alternative appeals to me.

Also, being by myself doesn't real hurt my sanity, I'm buy myself all the time and never really talk to you people, and I've got my dog to keep me company.
I don't believe that a man can coop himself up for many days on end, fearing for his life all the time, and completely maintain his sanity. I know you are used to being a loner, but even that is far removed from self-imposed solitary confinement. Also, I don't think that a dog is a true substitute for human companionship, although you do own a mighty fine mutt.

[OOC]Evil Eye specifically talked about your situation to me, and said that you could not maintain your sanity if you continued to live like you are now. I don't know what more I can do to convince you on this subject.[/OOC]

spam_master

Smash Rookie
Apparently our law man was not listening to his radio when I explained to him my new plan. I suggest he jog his memory before he starts yelling next time.

[OOC] Also, I pm'd EE with the exact words I muttered in my sleep, I was trying to contribute to the conversation about the mystery boat form 100 years ago (also note the turbines have 100 years of corrosion) a.k.a. fog is a time warp, butwithout waking myself up for no reason, the drill comment was so youd know it was me, as I was the only tool oriented person asleep.[/OOC]

Shy Guy

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey guys, this is Mickey Ashcroft. I'm not so sure what's going on, as I just woke up from a bad hangover. I'm at the strip bar. If anyone could fill me in, I'd love that. The radio was what woke me up, to be honest. If anyone wants to meet up, you can meet me at Dan O'Bannon's house. It's the closest landmark to my strip bar. See ya soon.

[OOC]I'm sorry I haven't been able to post much guys...[/OOC]

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I've been sleeping. I'd rather continue to sleep.

But please explain why you would let us know it was you by inserting something about a drill instead of, you know, just saying it was you? Or posting it yourself? Or why you would try to contribute by getting Evil Eye to post odd comments instead of just saying them and explaining.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I should add that that was towards our handyman

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
I hold all generators in the back

If these are our town's only source of power and they're in short supply, i'd like to hang onto them and let the town decide what to do with them in case of an emergency.

Hopefully the power should come on soon.........

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Daniel Phibes buys a shovel and leaves Smitty's crossing the street. He squeezes through the gate and walks into the deserted Drive-Inn.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna go to Smitty's to buy the food and water like everyone else is doing. I PM'd EE first before looking at the thread, so that's why I'm not saying on here.

Just out of curiousity, what does ooc stand for? everyone seems to be using it. =/

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
[OOC]It stands for "out of character".[OOC]

-Deputy Laugher, Sheriff's Office (work)

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I lock my personal office and drive over to Smitties, making sure to check the time on my way over. Once there, I buy about one weeks worth of nonperishable food, lots of water, a Maglight type flashlight and one camping type portable flood lamp, as well as three jerry cans full of gasoline.

I'm so unoriginal.

I look around the shop to see what else Smitty has for sale and keep an eye out for anybody else who may be there.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Laugher gets back to Smitty's and peruses his wares.

Smitty's has various nonperishable foods, a cooler full of cold drinks (pepsi, water, etc), liquor, hardware, the generators (now withheld), pharmaceuticals, seafood, deli and butchered meat, bread, and other miscellaneous things.

Across the street, in the deserted Drive-Inn, a flashlight flicks on and the white beam cuts through the darkness.

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
Yea, what is going on over there man!

~ Kathy Williams, Smitties Store.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I don't think him looking around is any real cause for concern

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Agreed, I don't see how him aiming his flashlight around to get a better view of things is suspicious. Anthony, don't you have something to fix?

Also, I just remembered, what are we gonna do about Waterman's empty store? I'd say it it be best if we split up the food or if somebody took over for him, preferably someone who is jobless.

Love,
Laugher

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
We haven't heard from our dear Mayor in a while. Perhaps he has something to say?

Handorin

Smash Hero
It's just a resteraunt, so it's basically all food that needs to be cooked. I suspect most of it will start to go bad within a day or two, esp if it needs to stay in the freezer. It's probably best to divide the nonparishables up.

-Omelito

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I was thinking that he might have met suppliers once in a while or have more food delivered to him, so if someone took his place, we could keep the restaurant alive.

And yes, we should all hold on getting dibs on food from the restaurant before the mayor tells us his decision, especially since there's a chance that we might still be able to use it.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
[OOC}I said it through EE because I was asleep and at that point nothing big had happened so I didn't want to have to wake up, and I wasn't sure if EE would let me get away with giving vital information under the ruse of muttering during a dream. Also, since EE was saying it I wanted you guys to be able to identify the person who said, I simply ruled out saying my name as something EE would never let me get away with.[/OOC]

If it wasn't me over the radio in my sleep then who was it. Also, if you guys want to you can check out the painting.

I quickly open the door and chuck the painting a safe distance from my door

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
BAM!

An explosion can be heard off in the forest, and smoke soon starts to form a huge pillar coming from none too far within it.[/b]

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
A car just drove by the Bennette house and set it a flame with a torch of some sort. I'm gonna grab my fire extinguisher and run over to help.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
It might also be good to know that car went towards the forest, I can only assume the explosion we all heard came from it or was caused by it.

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm just checking in so you guys know I'm not hiding or anything. I'm at home right now, but I'm going to be heading over to Waterman's to check up on things, and I'll be heading to Smitty's on my way.

Go to Smitty's, purchase three packs of cigarettes and three days' supply of non-perishable food.
Light a cigarette.

Lance87

Smash Lord
~Dale Smitty - slaving over a register

[OOC}I said it through EE because I was asleep and at that point nothing big had happened so I didn't want to have to wake up, and I wasn't sure if EE would let me get away with giving vital information under the ruse of muttering during a dream. Also, since EE was saying it I wanted you guys to be able to identify the person who said, I simply ruled out saying my name as something EE would never let me get away with.[/OOC]

If it wasn't me over the radio in my sleep then who was it. Also, if you guys want to you can check out the painting.

I'm probably the only one who knows that answer.

My store records indicate that the other person besides Waterman (RIP) that bought one of those drills was Mayor Cress. To further prove my point factual, this is the reason why I thought Spam was Mayor Cress at first (my post where I said something along the lines of "After hearing the mayor speak" then spam said "oh sorry, i'm bennett).

Ya see, when the drill was mentioned, I auto-assumed it was the mayor and had a slip of the tongue.

Long story short...

If it wasn't you (Spam/Bennett) then it was Mayor Cress, who to my understanding is also asleep??? I dunno...
It still could've been Bennett though I guess, if he has a painting in his house then it very well could've been him... but any old timer in the town would know about that and Waterman/Cress are the only ones that have a connection to the drill.

[ooc]I guess I made the short story as long as the long one? I tried to make that post as coherent as possible...sorry for the rant [/ooc]

Lance87

Smash Lord
Since the Sheriff's deputy is at the store, I feel comfortable leaving for a sec.

I offer a Polaroid camera to anyone that wants to go take a picture of that painting and bring it back for everyone to see.

I crack open a beer to take the edge off, careful to stay sober.

Lance87

Smash Lord
CORRECTION

Disregard that first statement please, at first I was gonna go myself, but I already left once so I figured it'd be best if someone else goes this time instead.

I offer a Polaroid camera to anyone that wants to go take a picture of that painting and bring it back for everyone to see.

I crack open a beer to take the edge off, careful to stay sober.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Nick Castle stops buy and buys his food and such, then lights a cigarette (indoors, the naughty boy!)

Kitten

Smash Journeyman
A car just drove by the Bennette house and set it a flame with a torch of some sort. I'm gonna grab my fire extinguisher and run over to help.
I saw this too. Guess what kind of car it was? A brown Toyota. Just like the one Hal Phibes took from Waterman's garage. What did you do with the car, Hal? 'Cause I'm not suggesting you lit up Bennett's house, but we need to find out who did.

Kitten

Smash Journeyman
[ooc]Sorry for showing my signature. Just to let you guys know, I've got 18 exams in the next month, so I might be a bit less active. I'll still make an effort, and will check every day.[/ooc]

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
[ooc]I am not working on the dam because I needed to get supplies, and I honestly don't know what to do, since I don't know much about turbines...[/ooc]

Now, as for that brown toyota, I think that a few of us should go over to the parish to check it out. The sheriff and some others, perhaps.

Anthony Song, at Smitty's

spam_master

Smash Rookie
Well, my house is now on fire and I'm not sure if I cn put it out. Good thing I hadn't inteded to stay there for much longer. I've got some chores to attend to but first I'd like to tell you all that I am now fairly certain of a traitor in our midst.

Simms

When I recently told you all too listen to your local law enforcement I was refferring to a new plan that wouldn't have to involve people coming to my house.

I didn't want to say this in over the public frequency, so nobody got any nasty ideas, but there's one huge vulnerability to your fortress - fire. All a fog man would have to do would be to light your house on fire, and wait for it to burn, then kill you if you came running out.

I really think you're much more vulnerable in there than you would be outside.

Frankly, I think the safest thing would for you to go to some unknown location in the town, bring some non perishable food and some water, and just hide out there. I don't know if that would be any easier on you mentally [OOC]You'd have to ask EE about that[OOC], but it would probably be safer for you physically.

If you do decide to do this, please tell me and save me the trouble of wondering where you went. If you're still suspicious of me you don't have to tell me beforehand, but just radio me afterwards to tell me that you are, in fact, still alive. You don't even have to tell me where you are, but please don't let me assume you're dead.

That's really all I have to say. You don't even have to reply if you don't want to, but I don't think you can just hole yourself up in your house forever.

------

This was actually not very suspicious at the time and still wouldn't be but the combination of him ignoring a plan that I think has some real merit and I'm pretty sure not even sharing it with the rest of law enforcement, combine to make me very supicious of him. Plus, he also fits my profile of possible fog people.

I'd like to know what you guys think?

And, I think we should all check in over the radio to see if everyone save waterman is still with us. I feel like were missing a couple town members.
The follow is a transcript of a radio message to Simms, after he told me one of his deputies would get the supplies I asked for.

I need conformation that all the law enforcement are at the sherriff's office, that means that they each send me a message.

All the supplies should be there and I need to know what kind of vehicles you have there, your may be more desirable. I also need to know what tools and weapons you have available.

My plan goes like this, no fortress can stand against a seige permanently, I can make em real quick but they'll certainly get knowcked down with a sustained effort. we need a way to get around quickly and safely from safe place to safe place. That's safe from people and fog. I have a pick up truck with and industrial generator I can power fans to be fitted on the outside of the bed, and I can't think of any wepon that would work on people and fog and still be hand held besides a blow torch. If we get like 6 people together we can keep up moving from place to place and I can fortify each one for future return, or booby trap it so we know if someone is following us. The dehumidifier is just for when we stay somewhere(we don't know the powers they have over any moisture). And, the shopping cart would be what I mounted the generator in and back up fans incase something happened to the truck and we had to run.

If you keep the supplies there I can just bring the truck and my tools and supplies. I really hope you have a garage for me to work in.

Also, I trust the good doc and his brother they seem like good guys and they both have useful skills. If we could get them to the station to it would be great. I haven't heard from the doc and am starting to worry for his safety.

------

As you can see this letter completely nullifies the stringhanded argument that he soon fired back over the general frequency, suggesting that he didn't read it or simply ignored it.

But, what is worse is my recent fire problem, here is a transcript of what Simms told me soon after my fortification was built.

Also, don't worry about the painting I'm keeping it and if I see people I'll show it to them personally.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Well, don't just stay in the house, Bennet! Get out of there!

As for Simms, I really don't find his behavior very suspicious. He could have just thought your plan wouldn't work (No offense, but I don't really see how it could either, since all fortresses are vulnerable to fire). This isn't much evidence for him being a fog man, in my opinion.

-Anthony Song, Smitty's General foods

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
[ooc]Sorry for showing my signature. Just to let you guys know, I've got 18 exams in the next month, so I might be a bit less active. I'll still make an effort, and will check every day.[/ooc]
[OOC] 18 exams? What the hell kind of high school do you attend?!

Also, just in case some of you guys forgot, my character us still sleeping. I'd love to respond to some of the questions you guys have but I can't really talk about anything I haven't already said IC, in the spirit of game and all. [/OOC]

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
We have a problem, besides the apparent arsonist.

Waterman's car is missing, and his corpse is gone. I think there was some miscomunication earlier, which I didn't realize until I looked over the transcript. Waterman didn't completley dissolve, instead his body leaked fog and water and shriveled up into something inhumane. His body was still laying in the same spot.

After all that occurred, I went to my house to get some sleep, where I have been for the last hour and 45 minutes. Miss Wayne can confirm where I was. I couldn't stay asleep, however (ooc: I wanted to be more active in the game), so I drove over to the hospital.

When I got here, however, I saw that Waterman's car, which I drove to the hospital earlier when I hit him with it, was gone. There was no evidence of anything, no oil marks or nothing. Worse, was that when I went inside, the corpse was gone.

The key to his car was with me, but I slipped it on my desk during a conversation with Miss Wayne after Waterman's death, and now I can't find it either.

Someone must have came into the hospital and stolen it. That is the only solution I can think of. I checked my supplies, but everything seems to be in order. There is no sign of a struggle or forced entry. I don't believe I locked up when I went home, but I can't be sure.

At the moment, however, I am more concerned about the fire. Spam, if you can, please come see me at the hospital so I can treat you for any possible burns or smoke inhaling. That is, if you think you need it.

~Dr. Hal Phibes. The Hospital.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Damn, Spam, your post is all over the place.

Simms

When I recently told you all too listen to your local law enforcement I was refferring to a new plan that wouldn't have to involve people coming to my house.

"I didn't want to say this in over the public frequency, so nobody got any nasty ideas, but there's one huge vulnerability to your fortress - fire. All a fog man would have to do would be to light your house on fire, and wait for it to burn, then kill you if you came running out.

I really think you're much more vulnerable in there than you would be outside.

Frankly, I think the safest thing would for you to go to some unknown location in the town, bring some non perishable food and some water, and just hide out there. I don't know if that would be any easier on you mentally [OOC]You'd have to ask EE about that[OOC], but it would probably be safer for you physically.

If you do decide to do this, please tell me and save me the trouble of wondering where you went. If you're still suspicious of me you don't have to tell me beforehand, but just radio me afterwards to tell me that you are, in fact, still alive. You don't even have to tell me where you are, but please don't let me assume you're dead.

That's really all I have to say. You don't even have to reply if you don't want to, but I don't think you can just hole yourself up in your house forever."
OK, this is what Simms said to Bennett (I think so anyway, it's hard to follow the post). Before I continue Bennett, I'll say that your plan simply isn't worth it. I'll break it down for you.

The follow is a transcript of a radio message to Simms, after he told me one of his deputies would get the supplies I asked for.

"I need conformation that all the law enforcement are at the sherriff's office, that means that they each send me a message.
Wow, you're already calling the shots? Good luck getting anywhere with those social skills, old man. The reason the sheriff didn't reply to this is because I HAVE A LIFE TOO. Yes, the sheriff is my boss, but he simply doesn't go ordering me around like some slave. Mr. Bennett, remember when Simms asked you if you wanted his deputy to come? Well, I'm that deputy. It was my idea, and I ran it by him. He was already in contact with you at the time so he relayed the message from me to you. Just respect of privacy, that's all.

All the supplies should be there and I need to know what kind of vehicles you have there, your may be more desirable. I also need to know what tools and weapons you have available.
You're too gung ho about this, you make yourself sound like you're ready to shoot anybody and everybody if they look at you funny.

My plan goes like this, no fortress can stand against a seige permanently, I can make em real quick but they'll certainly get knowcked down with a sustained effort. we need a way to get around quickly and safely from safe place to safe place. That's safe from people and fog. I have a pick up truck with and industrial generator I can power fans to be fitted on the outside of the bed, and I can't think of any wepon that would work on people and fog and still be hand held besides a blow torch. If we get like 6 people together we can keep up moving from place to place and I can fortify each one for future return, or booby trap it so we know if someone is following us. The dehumidifier is just for when we stay somewhere(we don't know the powers they have over any moisture). And, the shopping cart would be what I mounted the generator in and back up fans incase something happened to the truck and we had to run.

If you keep the supplies there I can just bring the truck and my tools and supplies. I really hope you have a garage for me to work in.
Wow, way to back up what I just said. It's the beginning, and you're already to cut off all contact with the majority of the town just so you can be safe. This isn't war, there's no reason to go on some kind of campaign around the town.

As you can see this letter completely nullifies the stringhanded argument that he soon fired back over the general frequency, suggesting that he didn't read it or simply ignored it.

But, what is worse is my recent fire problem, here is a transcript of what Simms told me soon after my fortification was built.
You never gave the transcript, and I'd rather you not. You have no respect for other people's privacy, do you? However, your plan is horrible, simple as that.

I'd like to know what you guys think?
I think you need to get out more so you can stop being so twitchy.

Love,
Deputy Laugher

Top Bottom