• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Football Thread

Peeze

Smash Master
Lol @ HBK. I'm more consistent than Mark Sanchez :p

Lots of birds in the playoffs this year(ravens, falcons, eagles, seahawks)
Only missing birds are the Cardinals.

Pit<Pats in Superbowl

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Really not that big of an upset though. :O

Seattle's a really solid team, and the Saints came into this game with an underwhelming performance in the regular season.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I drank nearly a gallon of water from the 2 minute warning until the end of the Colts game. So. Tense. Still no respect for the Jets as a top team. Now Rex Ryan can have two wins over Manning with asterisks.

Saints were over-hyped toward the end of the season and Seattle's a tough place to play and they were playing their best in quite some time. It wasn't expected, but not very surprising either.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
jets r legit.

GO JETS!!

playoff team two years in a row with a 2 year qb.
its a great accomplishment to beat the team that ended their season last year...

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I already called a Seattle/Baltimore Super Bowl. I'd have Baltimore winning that contest though.

Only thing I hate doing: Picking against the Eagles. :O

If the Eagles end up making it to the big dance, they'd be my pick to win it all.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Seahawks got lucky. They're gonna get trashed next round.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Although, that was before Chicago got their minds right and stopped losing.

Is anyone else impressed by the number of strong defensive teams left in the playoffs?

Reizilla

I will be, if they don't get stomped by the Pats, which is probably gonna happen.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I still think that beatdown of the Jets was a bit of a fluke, but it's definitely a sign of what New England is capable of. :O

theeboredone

Smash Legend
If it's a blizzard in New England, Jets have no chance. I'm sorry, but Sanchez, Mr. California cannot play in the cold. Hell, he was struggling in a dome last week.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
All NFL and no college discussion? Especially right after the national championship game??

What a lame football thread.

College football is so much better than the NFL. :)

SEC 5 in a row.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I didn't make this thread. :p

And while I laughed hard at College Football being better, I will admit it's been fun lately.
I watched that someone boring championship game, but enjoyed Cam Newton's ability to create clutch yards with his feet on 3rd down.

And for the record: Bill Belichick is a genius at calling ballsy plays. Sean Payton showed tremendous balls in calling an onside kick in the Super Bowl. Chip Kelly, is ****ing ******** for calling that 2-point conversion. I couldn't believe it when I saw it happen.

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
Green Bay at Chicago next week is going to be nuts. Even though it's the longest rivalry in the league (I think), these two teams have only played each other in the postseason once (back in 1941). (source: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/22744/rapid-reaction-bears-35-seahawks-24)

Though it would probably be easier to play the Seahawks, I definitely think the Pack can beat the Bears next week.

go pack go

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Damn...them haters are silent right now! Where'd everybody go? Your welcome to join Gang Green anytime you want. As far as the matchup with Pitt goes I think we can win there again. Our defense has played great these past two weeks so I hope it keeps up.

Its okay guys I promise I wnt bite too hard, you can crawl out your holes and tell me your thoughts about everything. All love over here!

Edit-Mark Sanchez is 4-1 in the playoffs in his 2nd year and its all on the road...can the guy get a littlebit of luv?

Reizilla

He can when he makes throws consistently. It'll bite him harder in Pitt with Polamalu back. Green Bay's got this.

Peeze

Smash Master
Damn...them haters are silent right now! Where'd everybody go? Your welcome to join Gang Green anytime you want. As far as the matchup with Pitt goes I think we can win there again. Our defense has played great these past two weeks so I hope it keeps up.

Its okay guys I promise I wnt bite too hard, you can crawl out your holes and tell me your thoughts about everything. All love over here!

Edit-Mark Sanchez is 4-1 in the playoffs in his 2nd year and its all on the road...can the guy get a littlebit of luv?
LOL HBK, enjoy your run while it lasts. I never doubted Jets D, but still not sold on Sanchez. You have to admit, Colts and Pats D are as soft as a twix in the sun. If he bests Steelers D i will retract my statement.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I picked 4 losers last week, but I didn't care after Baltimore choked harder than anything I've ever seen. Never thought I'd say it, but I kinda' was tired of football after that letdown. :(

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Lol, I got all my picks right last week. I wanted Baltimore to win, but Steelers always find a way to win in the playoffs.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
All NFL and no college discussion? Especially right after the national championship game??

What a lame football thread.

College football is so much better than the NFL. :)

SEC 5 in a row.
Yes, College Football is better with all the bull crap they are facing with students breaking rules, and colleges showing no integrity on their part to punish them accordingly. Loved how the Ohio players were able to play in their Bowl game when East Carolina players were forced to sit out their bowl game. Props to EC doing justice right. Just shows that these big schools are all about the money and nothing else. I'm sure they were influenced by the Bowl committee as well to play those guys.

Reizilla

I picked 4 losers last week, but I didn't care after Baltimore choked harder than anything I've ever seen. Never thought I'd say it, but I kinda' was tired of football after that letdown. :(
Exact same story here. I almost don't care what happens from here out.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Personally, it would have been great to see Seattle come out of the NFC, but I'm rooting for GB and Aaron Rodgers. Rub it in Favre's face some more.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Brett Favre won a championship with them though. Nobody questioned whether Brett was the best they had or not. Aaron Rodgers is just equally good now.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
It's true, the Jets are very likable because of their cocky attitude as a team and quality of conduct.

But that's why I love the Ravens and Steelers more. They've got the same upstanding conduct with a fiercer mentality.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Yes, College Football is better with all the bull crap they are facing with students breaking rules, and colleges showing no integrity on their part to punish them accordingly. Loved how the Ohio players were able to play in their Bowl game when East Carolina players were forced to sit out their bowl game. Props to EC doing justice right. Just shows that these big schools are all about the money and nothing else. I'm sure they were influenced by the Bowl committee as well to play those guys.
And the NFL and it's players are perfect little angels huh? Haha....

Anyway I'm just talking about the atmosphere. Some of the college football games I've been to, like top 5 FL vs FL St in the 90's, no NFL game will EVER live up to an atmosphere like that.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
And the NFL and it's players are perfect little angels huh? Haha....

Anyway I'm just talking about the atmosphere. Some of the college football games I've been to, like top 5 FL vs FL St in the 90's, no NFL game will EVER live up to an atmosphere like that.
At least NFL players (minus Favre) are suspended. Some more harsher than others.

I get what you mean by atmosphere, but it still doesn't translate to a good talent on the field. There are only a handful of corners that are pro worthy, while the rest get burned like nobody's business 24/7 by non-talented nfl receivers. It's just annoying to watch when you look at the overall scoreboard from Div 1 play, and every week, you see 3-6 teams that scored in the 40s.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I thought this would be appropriate here, my friend sent it to me after my bemusement at a team called "The Packers"

Top Bottom