• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Forest Master Rises! Sceptile for Smash Bros! Over 100 supporters!!!

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
I dig that @ Jmacz Jmacz I've gone over all dragon moves in a list and I wanna see if anyone here approves of any of them for whatever reason: (Excluding Roar of time and Spacial Rend because Legendary-exclusive only dragon moves)
  1. Dragon Rage
  2. Dragon Breath
  3. Outrage
  4. Twister
  5. Dragon Dance
  6. Dragon Claw
  7. Draco Meteor
  8. Dragon Pulse
  9. Dragon Rush
  10. Dragon Tail ( nice idea Jmacz for D-air)
  11. Dual Chop ( I could see MegaSceptile make great use of this move)
Thoughts?
If you're going to alter Mega-Sceptile's moveset, assuming he is the mega evolution than it would make sense to replace whatever you will be using for his projectile attack with Dragon Pulse, it would look similar to Lucario's projectile. Dragon Rage/and Breath would look very similar. Outrage would be hard to translate into Smash, it's a 3 turn move that confuses the user afterwards. Twister could be used, it is a weak Pokemon move though. Dragon claw would be a great dash attack. Draco Meteor could only be used as a final smash, meteors hit everywhere on the battle field. I am not familiar with Dragon Rush, or Dual Chop though the latter sounds intriguing. And I've gone over Dragon Tail.

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Yeah I went with (all) those dragon moves without knowing about any new moves to be announced in ORAS. In case Sceptile's FS will be Mega Sceptile, he'll transform and may fight in his MEvo for set period of time (or transform and do a powerful move reverting back). So that I wondered if anyone else thought the moves listed could be potential dragon attacks Mega Sceptile can use. I might do my prediction of Mega Sceptile move-list but I feel I'm getting 3 steps too ahead of myself, so I'll stick with finishing my full-scale page long post on SSB4 Sceptile.

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
Yeah I went with (all) those dragon moves without knowing about any new moves to be announced in ORAS. In case Sceptile's FS will be Mega Sceptile, he'll transform and may fight in his MEvo for set period of time (or transform and do a powerful move reverting back). So that I wondered if anyone else thought the moves listed could be potential dragon attacks Mega Sceptile can use. I might do my prediction of Mega Sceptile move-list but I feel I'm getting 3 steps too ahead of myself, so I'll stick with finishing my full-scale page long post on SSB4 Sceptile.
I don't think Mega Sceptile would need his own separate move-list. I'm sure most of the moves could be copy pasted, but you could for example replace Energy Ball with Dragon Pulse, Dragon Claw with Dual Chop. But if you wanna go with just one move and back to normal, Draco Meteor would be that move. This is what it looks like if you have never seen.

CheeseBroJoe

Smash Cadet
I'd geek out if sceptile was in, and utilized dragon pulse. My in-game sceptile always is packing a dragon pulse for good measure. My favorite pokemon, and my favorite move. (I was kinda mad they nerfed it this gen...)

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I'm still saying Bullet Seed > Energy Ball, because Shadow Ball, Aura Sphere, and Water Shurikan.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm still saying Bullet Seed > Energy Ball, because Shadow Ball, Aura Sphere, and Water Shurikan.
And because of the character development it carried in the anime

Well- we have a Fire guy (outsiders see this as cool), and a Ninja guy ('cool').
So... a dragon guy... most people see that as cool.

Though, personally, I'd rather see him based more on grass attacks- tree jumps, health stealing, stat altering.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
And because of the character development it carried in the anime

Well- we have a Fire guy (outsiders see this as cool), and a Ninja guy ('cool').
So... a dragon guy... most people see that as cool.

Though, personally, I'd rather see him based more on grass attacks- tree jumps, health stealing, stat altering.
I see it more as we have a fire dragon and we have a water ninja, give us the grass dragon ninja samurai velociraptor.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Energy Ball could make its place for a specials move but with three spots to use, (Because Energy Ball =/= Recovery ) and because having Energy Ball as a tilt, aerial, or smash attack would be very mis-placed for what kind of fighter Sceptile is. Gathering nature energy to use it might need a solar-power mechanic to use it without replacing SolarBeam except I'd be totally fine with Energy Ball being a move used during a throw (like Mewtwo's F-throw in PM shown here: http://youtu.be/yMd6wAoqsJ4?t=45s. I'm fine with @ Reality_Ciak Reality_Ciak 's quote:
New Idea: Sceptile uses Nature power and treat it like Metronome from Smash 64 / Melee clefairy. Randomized move that uses a grass move. I can see this being good but mostly bad

Last edited:

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I'm thinking his final smash should be a big attack rather than a transformation, but still become mega for the attack and then use like Frenzy Plant and Outrage. Grows a forest and than goes on a rampage, cutting and whipping his tail, hitting people and knocking down the trees (which KO people) in the process. Maybe it will allow directional influence like Samus's FS does. But not another transformation FS.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I agree with ya, MSceptile would look badass rampaging around but let's keep it original (away from transformations). If Groudon and Kyogre summon the elements into weather then MSceptile can create a forest putting flowers on people's heads for draining them while doing amazing moves in the process.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I agree with ya, MSceptile would look badass rampaging around but let's keep it original (away from transformations). If Groudon and Kyogre summon the elements into weather then MSceptile can create a forest putting flowers on people's heads for draining them while doing amazing moves in the process.
Right. What I was getting at is he might as well visually transform, but it wouldn't be a true transformation like the other megas and gigas and such because in my idea you basically lose all control but can attempt to direct it a little. The flower thing could happen too. But if he attacks with different amazing moves that sounds more like a true transformation to me. I might have just misread what you meant though.

Frenzy Plant envolves the growth of a large tree if I'm not mistaken, so a forest is definitely conceivable for Frenzy Plant.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
No problem, our points we're laying down tie together in the same way. I don't want transforming and fighting in MEvo either unless his move-set becomes Dragonic Grassticular hotness. But all jokes aside I too want MEvo to transform and unleash top tier grass/dragon moves on the stage and control them instead of just hacking n slashing (something we see too much, no matter how different sword characters / Final Smashes play) as MSceptile.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I actually come back with this list of current gen grass moves. I haven't seen this made yet for a voting poll (because we only see users creating their own sceptile move-set) but as a potential grass-type starter Sceptile being the grass rep, what grass moves do you wanna see Sceptile use for Sm4sh?!?! These moves are ordered from Gen1 to Gen 6 so choose carefully:

1. Absorb, Leech Seed, Mega Drain, Petal Dance, Razor Leaf, Sleep Powder, Solarbeam, Spore, Stun Spore, Vine Whip
  2. Cotton Spore, Giga Drain, Synthesis
  3. Aromatherapy, Bullet Seed, Frenzy Plant, Grasswhistle, Ingrain, Leaf Blade, Magical Leaf, Needle Arm
  4. Energy Ball, Grass Knot, Leaf Storm, Power Whip, Seed Bomb, Seed Flare, Wooden Hammer, Worry Seed
  5. Cotton Guard, Grass Pledge, Horn Leech, Leaf Tornado
  6. Forest's Curse, Grassy Terrain, Petal Blizzard, Spiky Shield
Source is from here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Grass_(type)
The funny part is I tried matching moves to Sceptile based off just the Contest type, and Cool ironically is both consisting of moves we wanna see him use, and moves Sceptile is known for, learning anyways. In this case a cool Sceptile is the Ideal Smash character that will answer our prayers~

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
I actually come back with this list of current gen grass moves. I haven't seen this made yet for a voting poll (because we only see users creating their own sceptile move-set) but as a potential grass-type starter Sceptile being the grass rep, what grass moves do you wanna see Sceptile use for Sm4sh?!?! These moves are ordered from Gen1 to Gen 6 so choose carefully:

1. Absorb, Leech Seed, Mega Drain, Petal Dance, Razor Leaf, Sleep Powder, Solarbeam, Spore, Stun Spore, Vine Whip
  2. Cotton Spore, Giga Drain, Synthesis
  3. Aromatherapy, Bullet Seed, Frenzy Plant, Grasswhistle, Ingrain, Leaf Blade, Magical Leaf, Needle Arm
  4. Energy Ball, Grass Knot, Leaf Storm, Power Whip, Seed Bomb, Seed Flare, Wooden Hammer, Worry Seed
  5. Cotton Guard, Grass Pledge, Horn Leech, Leaf Tornado
  6. Forest's Curse, Grassy Terrain, Petal Blizzard, Spiky Shield
Source is from here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Grass_(type)
The funny part is I tried matching moves to Sceptile based off just the Contest type, and Cool ironically is both consisting of moves we wanna see him use, and moves Sceptile is known for, learning anyways. In this case a cool Sceptile is the Ideal Smash character that will answer our prayers~

I've seen a lot of the movesets use Absorb as the grab attack, perfect fit there imo Mega Drain, Giga Drain, etc could also be used. Leech Seed would be good choice for a special attack, I don't know how that would be used as a special. Solar Beam would be great, but tricky to implement. Maybe use it as a throw? Synthesis may be a bit OP, have any other characters had a dedicated healing move? Bullet Seed has, and will still make a great projectile. Add in the anime relevance and it could be considered the favorite. I have an image in my head of Sceptile using Frenzy Plant, similar to how Pikachu uses (well now I guess used) Thunder. It would be his d-smash, the animation would have him punch the ground and then vines shoot out of the ground spiking the enemy upwards. It would be about the same height as Sceptile, a little taller and about as wide as Bowser. Leaf Blade is a given, I prefer it to be used in a variety of smashes. I like the idea of using Energy Ball as a throw. Grass Knot has to be his down B imo, great hazard. I could see Leaf Storm being worked into his recovery move. Those are the ones I like.

Sceptile can't learn Razor Leaf, any powder or spore, Vine Whip, Cotton Spore, Ingrain, Aromatherapy, Ingrain, Needle Arm, Power Whip, Seed Bomb, Seed Flare, Wooden Hammer, Cotton Guard, Horn Leach, Leaf Tornado, Forest's Curse, Petal Blizzard, or Spiky Shield.

Petal Dance is nice, but I left it out because Leaf Storm can be used in a similar fashion same thing with Magical Leaf. I don't think Sceptile would need a sleep move, as it may make him a bit OP. I could easily be wrong though. Worry Seed is useless in Smash. Grassy Terrain would be okay, but it would heal everyone else on the ground to. May be a way to balance Sceptile's healing.

Wow that was a long post lol.

Last edited:

Xenorange

Smash Lord
I could see his D-Air being Dragon Tail, and his dash attack being Dragon Claw, both would make really good animations. Dragon Breath would be cool but imo Energy Ball would be a better projectile move.
Lol would Energy ball be chargeable?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I've seen a lot of the movesets use Absorb as the grab attack, perfect fit there imo Mega Drain, Giga Drain, etc could also be used. Leech Seed would be good choice for a special attack, I don't know how that would be used as a special. Solar Beam would be great, but tricky to implement. Maybe use it as a throw? Synthesis may be a bit OP, have any other characters had a dedicated healing move? Bullet Seed has, and will still make a great projectile. Add in the anime relevance and it could be considered the favorite. I have an image in my head of Sceptile using Frenzy Plant, similar to how Pikachu uses (well now I guess used) Thunder. It would be his d-smash, the animation would have him punch the ground and then vines shoot out of the ground spiking the enemy upwards. It would be about the same height as Sceptile, a little taller and about as wide as Bowser. Leaf Blade is a given, I prefer it to be used in a variety of smashes. I like the idea of using Energy Ball as a throw. Grass Knot has to be his down B imo, great hazard. I could see Leaf Storm being worked into his recovery move. Those are the ones I like.
I already have some thoughts of my own that I'd like to see too then again I should just post my god-like complete move-set and mechanics for Sceptile IF he earned his own character spot which I hope happens but I won't be too heavy on the thought. I'll say for now that my pummel mechanics do involve Absorb, Mega Drain, and Giga Drain but my grab involves grass knot in a different way. Maybe I'll post this uber long post in one tiny post with 4 spoilers and hopefully I get lots of feedback from it.

Sceptile can't learn Razor Leaf, any powder or spore, Vine Whip, Cotton Spore, Ingrain, Aromatherapy, Ingrain, Needle Arm, Power Whip, Seed Bomb, Seed Flare, Wooden Hammer, Cotton Guard, Horn Leach, Leaf Tornado, Forest's Curse, Petal Blizzard, or Spiky Shield.

Petal Dance is nice, but I left it out because Leaf Storm can be used in a similar fashion same thing with Magical Leaf. I don't think Sceptile would need a sleep move, as it may make him a bit OP. I could easily be wrong though. Worry Seed is useless in Smash. Grassy Terrain would be okay, but it would heal everyone else on the ground to. May be a way to balance Sceptile's healing.
Back on topic I use most of the moves that are in your post for my move-set. However for your list of moves that frankly Sceptile can't learn (which is true), you could of voted in some moves from that list. No restrictions are holding back this imaginary potential Sceptile could have. I gave out the entire grass move list to see what people would pick with free choice. But it's understandable if you didn't want to choose them based off the pokemon unable to learn those moves from the games.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Okay guys. My post for my Sceptile4Smash4 page is COMPLETE. Spoilers provide the good stuff enjoy~.
Sceptile Overall Mechanics / game-play

Assumed past smash mechanics examples:
Damage & Knockback, Stale Move Negation, Normal Priority, Aerial Priority, Transcendescent Priority, Prat Falling, Share Stock, Dash-Canceling, Dash-Dancing, Ledge-Hogging, Short Hop, Fast Falling, Wall Jump, LCanceling, Teching, Meteor Smash, Meteor Recovery, Wavedashing, Directional Influence, Chain Throwing, Double Jump Cancel, Jump-canceling, Pivot, Powershielding / Shield Reflecting, Projectile Sliding, Sex Kick, Wallteching, Foxtrot, Dash skidding, wall-jumping, wall-clinging, shield-dropping, Dash Grab, Pivot Grab, DACUS, Landing Lag, RCO Lag, Wave-bounces, Momentum canceling, Air Walking, Dash cancel into Shield, Shield DI, OoS options including Out of Shield Jump Canceled moves such as U-smash or UpB.
Sceptile Mechanics:
Solar-powered?
Grass Hazards
Medium-level damage racking
Moderately fast in all movement and maneuverability
Little lacking in killing potential with several KO options
Very reliant on grass moves, usage of tail and Leaf Blade for finishing combos
Healing while dealing ; hence grass mechanic
Vine Tether
Crawling /
Wall-Crawling*NEW*

Sceptile Battle Appearance - As the countdown starts, camera zooms into characters which Sceptile will suddenly appear from his pokeball with leaves floating around him falling to the ground.

Sceptile Idle animation - Standing up with tail keeping in neutral position until moving with it's leaf blades retracted. Tail sometimes move messing with it's leaf blades.

Sceptile Walking animation - Lightly stepping forward with each foot accordingly with its arms bent open, spreading it's blades a bit.

Sceptile Running animation - Running resembling a raptor with its tail straight moving up & down keeping his arms out protracting the leaf blades as leaves begin falling off of Sceptile's body.

Sceptile Crouching - Gets down bending his left leg upward putting his right leg entirely down with his foot still standing its ground on the floor keeping his tail semi-straight. Left hand bent, blades retracted some staying beside his body while his right hand low to the ground protracting his leaf blades.

Sceptile Crawling - On all fours with it's tail as the obvious hurt-box to hit. Above average crawling speed possibly being the fastest crawling with leaves animation left on the ground disappearing.
*NEW MECHANIC* Sceptile is one of the few who will be able to crawl on walls / building sides. Rock Climbing confirmed :troll:

Sceptile Clinging - Sceptile jumping into a wall surface and clinging with it's foot and hand gripping the wall. Tail sticks to the wall as well, helping him release off cling with wall-jump or wall-crawling.

Sceptile Wall-jumping - Let's go of the wall / surface, pushing off with his tail's tip and legs. Good wall-jump

Sceptile Jumping - Pushes off his legs leaping up with leaves falling, slightly looking up tail bent pointing downward & blades half expanded. Great vertical height.

Sceptile Double Jumping - Little halo rings appear under Sceptile's feet jumping off of air doing a somersault jump. Leaves appear falling off of Sceptile during the flip returning to neutral air position.

Sceptile Shielding (Detect) - Raises his arms crossing them in front of him tucking his blades, curling his tail, and lastly ducking his head inside the shield bubble protecting itself.

Sceptile Roll Forward/Backward - Rolling forward pushing against the floor turning around to face your opponent's back, tail curving with the momentum rolling behind, has to be a good roll. Rolling backward Sceptile pushes off the ground to back-step away, can be a mediocre back roll.

Sceptile Spot-dodge - Sceptile retracts both arm blades barely side-stepping to one direction. Facing a different direction mirrors the opposite side-stepping.

Sceptile's Specials
Neutral-B = Bullet Seed
Max Distance: Mid, Long
Damage: 1%, 1%, 1%, 1%, 1% = 5% max
Usage: Firing close mid range deals hit-stun to foes while firing long does no hit-stun. Aim diagonal on ground or airborne. Has Transcendescent priority meaning the bullet seeds will sneak through any projectile in front of their path much like Falco lasers.

Bullet Seed(brawl) is well-rewarding rack-up damage but avoidable with SDI. So to change it would be charging up to 5 seeds in its mouth dealing 1% a seed dealing a max 5% with flinching properties depending on distance with the choice to fire it diagonally and cancel it for other options.
NEW MECHANIC: If Sm4sh introduced diagonal aiming with all projectiles, it would broaden the use and mix-ups with Neutral-B and making aerial game more complex I'd approve of this completely.

Side-B =Razor Leaf
Max Distance: Long

Damage: 3% sour-spot / 5% sweet-spot
Usage: Firing softly allows better trajectory dealing 3% with light hit-stun while firing harder deals 5% with stronger hit-stun and less trajectory. Charging turns into Magical Leaf.
AND
Magical Leaf
Max Distance: Very Long
Damage: 10%
Usage: Charge your Side-B after using Razor Leaf, when ready your blades on your forearms glow beautiful colors firing at faster horizontal speeds but sacrifices your razor leaf trajectory. Can be used after your Razor Leaf but has slow charging time.

Down-B = Seed Bomb + Seed Healer
Max Distance: Long

Damage: 3%(dropped), 6%(tilt thrown), 9%(smash thrown)
Heal: 6%(dropped), 8%(tilt thrown), 10%(smash thrown)
Usage: Grabbing seeds from your back throwing in several ways & used for two main reasons, damage your enemies or you can use them to heal your allies.
Seed Bomb(P:M) had a great concept but would need to change. For a Team Battle mechanic, when thrown at your teammate they restore health %. Seed Bomb is meant to be thrown so why not give Sceptile a built-in item?

Up-B = Leaf Tornado
Max Distance: Mid-Long
Damage: 6% (grounded with only leaves as the multiple hit-box), 12% when used in air getting caught in vortex
Usage: Used whether on ground or off-stage Leaf Tornado is cancel-able during the start-up to finish. You need enough start-up time for the tornado to unleash and propel you forward however. If used for only vertical recovery, you can release the tornado downward becoming a vortex that sucks up nearby foes or objects. It's guidance and trajectory resembles Diddy Kong's Final Smash in a sense.

Final Smash (Neutral-B) = Unconfirmed but I'll say Frenzy Plant and/or MEvo.

Sceptile's move-set ground / air
Ground Moves
Normal

Neutral attack (Pound(s)) - Tapping attack once swings his right arm forward using a basic punch doing 2% with very low cool-down. Tapping attack twice swings his left forearm using a light slash attack dealing 2% with low knock-back & low cool-down. Tapping attack thrice turns Sceptile 180' right swinging the tail around slamming for 4% dealing moderate knock-back with mid-low cool-down. Sceptile remains turned around facing away after using his AAA but can lead into turnaround tilts, aerials, or smashes.

Dash Attack (Night Slash) - Sceptile lunges forward with a single leaf blade glowing dark, attacking overhead dashing through the opponent. Ending being behind the opponent, Night Slash can be punished with the right OoS attack. Fairly quick Dash-attack doing moderate knock-back doing 9%

Forward Tilt (Leaf Stab) - Sceptile extends one of his arms forward, punching that hit-box area including his blades fully protracted to stab and retract back. Punch deals 2% with blade stab doing 3% retracting the blades back to additionally deal 2%. Moderate knock-back on the punch+stab but retract reduces the amount of knock-back for potential combo'ing. Three hit-boxes makes it a good poke.

Up Tilt (False Swipe) - Sceptile standing swings his arm overhead in an arch using the back of his blades for little knock-up effect. Used for anti-air approaches while air juggling, doing 4% and will never kill.

Down Tilt (Low Sweep) - Sceptile crouches down to his regular crouch animation reaching out his left leg to extend a kick out. Sceptile retracts his left leg back reverting to standing if using only tilt without holding down to crouch.

Smash

Forward Smash (X-scissor) - Crossing his arms in front of him while still retracted. Unleashing them on start-up protracts Sceptile's blades fully slashing the area in front of him with a large X slash as Sceptile's arms collide and separate out. Relatively fast start-up and hit-box frame worthy but with some ending lag. Double-hit slash smash move with some disjointed range does 9-13% at the blade's tip and does 16-20% up close.

Up Smash (Razor Wind) - Uncharged Sceptile protracts his blades out glowing white as multi-hits linger above Sceptile's head. All multi-hits do low knock-back dealing 7% until the last hit doing moderately decent knockback dealing 5%. Sceptile charging Razor wind visually shows a whirlwind appearing around Sceptile as he unleashes it Fully Charged increasing the hit-box range of wind cuts above. Charged multi-hits do mid-low knockback dealing 10% while the last stronger large knockback deals 8%.

Down Smash (Iron Tail) - Sceptile uncharged gets real low to the ground spinning his tail ferociously whipping it from behind spinning around in one circle. Charging it makes it's knock-back scaling higher as it turns a steel-like pigment. Two hits behind and in front do different damages. Behind has high knock-back doing 13-17% while Front has mid-high knockback doing 10-14%.

Aerial moves
Neutral Aerial (Grass Wheel) - Resembling Kirby's Side-B hammer in mid-air from Melee, Sceptile performs three somersaults with his body and tail both as hit-boxes. Sceptile himself is the stronger knock-back dealing 8% while the tail having multi-hits with good spacing coverage doing low knock-back dealing 2% per spin. Very rare to have all hits string together for 14%.

Forward Aerial (Leaf Blade) - Sceptile slices straight across in front of himself. Disjointed range a bit as his Leaf Blade glowing green is not apart of Sceptile's hurt-box during the F-air. Does have sweet and sour-spot hits. Sour does little knockback dealing 6% while Sweet does moderate knockback dealing 10%.

Back Aerial (Spinning Leaf ) - Sceptile facing right spins left doing a leaf blade and tail attack together as a two-string hit. Leaf Blade does no knock-back dealing 3% stringing into Sceptile's tail which does more knock-back dealing 8%. Leaf Blade into Tail attack does mid-high knockback doing 11% total.

Up Aerial (Aerial Ace) - steps back to fake-out your aerial opponent, charging straight up in a dash-jump slashing with your Leaf Blade glowing white slicing the entire area overhead for anti-air coverage. Does moderate knock-back enough to Star KO dealing 9% if timed right.

Down Aerial (Slam) - Sceptile spins diagonally looking downwards, guiding his spinning tail to maneuver below his feet as his tail gets the momentum to whack his entire bottom hurt-box. Does meteor smash with the blunt hit-box of his tail while the tip is sour-spot spike. Tipped does 10% while the stronger hit does 14%

Vine Whip Z-aerial - That's right guys Sceptile CAN use vine whip! Only when being airborne, Sceptile shoots a singular vine straight ahead as his Z-air whipping for 5% and can tether recover with mid-long range. You can release the vine whip as it returns back into one of his nodule seeds.

Sceptile's grabs / throws / taunts
Grabs & Throws
Standing Grab (Nature Power) - Sceptile summons grass unto the stage's ground traveling in a linear path for a set range. Sceptile still reaches out forward with a grab-box, but If NP is in range and correctly touches a person, the grass captures the opponent bringing them to Sceptile.. Mid-short standing grab range.

Dash Grab - Same as standing grab but running forward and reaching out further grabbing. A little less longer reach than a standing solely because dashing and reaching forward is the extra distance lacking. Grass grows in a set linear path on the ground for grab-box range indication if successful.

Pivot Grab - Disjointed slightly from ground pivoting showing Sceptile running right turning left reaching around to grab. Mirrored is running left turning right to reach around grabbing. Grass growing on its path slightly increases from a standing grab.

Pummel (Absorb, Mega Drain, Giga Drain) - Sceptile concentrates in minuscule pulses of nature energy, draining life from the opponent through Nature Power's path glowing green. The sound effects of Sceptile pummeling including the high pitch pulses of healing will vary the more you pummel. Absorb occurs for the first 2 pummels inflicting 1% while healing 0.5% in return. Mega Drain will occur on your third pummel dealing 2% and healing 1%. Giga Drain occurs on your sixth pummel and beyond as this is the highest your pummel can reach inflicting 3% & healing 2%.
Forward Throw (Energy Ball) - Plants growing around the opponent keeping them up as Sceptile draws energy from nature charging into a sphere. Sceptiles brings its hands forward, firing the ball at the opponent as the grass disappears with leaves falling down. Medium knock-back doing 9%.

Back Throw (Leaf Tail) - Sceptile grabbing the foe while turning around rapidly thrusting the tail towards them. Sceptile resets his standing position after the Tail attack dealing moderate knock-back doing 11%

Up Throw (Grass Pledge) - Sceptile summons three columns of grass in the form of whirlwinds surrounding the opponent inside. Sceptile launches them airborne doing 9% with medium knock-back.

Down Throw (Leech Seed) - Sceptile summons vines from the ground keeping them down while shooting leech seeds. The grab ends and the opponent has the option to roll, get-up, floor attack, etc.A flower appears over their head doing DoT % damage. Only the leech seeds do any sort of damage, a 10% DoT healing Sceptile 4% over time.
Taunts
Up - Sceptile cleans off his Leaf Blades like kitchen knifes.
Side- Growls loudly shaking his body as leaves drop & disappear.
Down - Whirlwind of leaves surrounding him.

@ Sonic Poke Sonic Poke Please add my hot wall of errything to the OP please<3 If this doesn't get me on the support list Idk what will =(

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
walks into thread
shrug
What the hell, I'll support this. I know jack about Pokemon, and Mewtwo's gonna return sooner or later, but from what I've seen this Grass type looks cool.

And from what little research I've done, if Jigglypuff also comes back, every type in the trading card game will be satisfied.

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
@ Masonomace Masonomace really like the moveset, only thing that would of made it better would be Leaf Storm and Frenzy Plant though I can see why they were left out. I really like how creative all the throws are.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Wait was Omega Ruby / Mega Sapphire in the works when they were deciding the roster? How would they know whether to reserve a spot for Sceptile

I want Sceptile in though. Only makes sense since new Pokemon is coming out and only completes the Charizard/Greninja triangle logically.

CheeseBroJoe

Smash Cadet
Wait was Omega Ruby / Mega Sapphire in the works when they were deciding the roster? How would they know whether to reserve a spot for Sceptile

I want Sceptile in though. Only makes sense since new Pokemon is coming out and only completes the Charizard/Greninja triangle logically.
There's no way to know for sure, but I'm more than willing to bet that it was in the works. Gamefreak had been throwing hoenn references in their games for quite awhile, and with the release of the blazikenite along with x and y, I'm led to believe that the other starters also had completed mega evolutions near the same point of time. Big companies like GF I'm sure have their projects planned far ahead of time. Especially since they have a set pattern with releasing remakes/new games.

Last edited:

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
Good point on the Blaziken thing, and how Mega Sceptile and Marshtomp could of been finished then but were chosen to be the poster boys for ORAS instead.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm rooting for Sceptile. Fire types are beyond overrated, not to mention there's already plenty of fire-based moves in Smash spread across at least a third of the roster if not more.

We need some Grass up in here!
Guess Sceptile is not that unique anymore. :troll:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Right. What I was getting at is he might as well visually transform, but it wouldn't be a true transformation like the other megas and gigas and such because in my idea you basically lose all control but can attempt to direct it a little. The flower thing could happen too. But if he attacks with different amazing moves that sounds more like a true transformation to me. I might have just misread what you meant though.

Frenzy Plant evolves the growth of a large tree if I'm not mistaken, so a forest is definitely conceivable for Frenzy Plant.
We don't know how any work. They are all probably very different. For all we know Lucario turns when he gets over a certain amount of damage.

But all final smashes are either automatic, semi automatic, or fully manual. The transformation is just a visual accompaniment and means nothing but paying tribute to pokemon fans, of course he would have it.

HeroG

Smash Apprentice
For activation yeah, we don't know how any FS works, besides with smash ball, but MLucario has white ticking to indicate him reverting like wario-man in brawl.

Edit: Proof is this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xUWnQu2Grs&t=20m52s

You have to to strictly notice the white blinking at 20:58
That doesn't mean its a final smash though. Maybe when he turns at high Percents and its only temporary. Only Sakurai knows and the team working on the game

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
That doesn't mean its a final smash though. Maybe when he turns at high Percents and its only temporary. Only Sakurai knows and the team working on the game
Mega for Lucario is temporary and the effect gives him max aura. Doesn't sound like he gets it at a high percent because why would it be temporary and only a visual effect?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I can relate to this, but giving Lucario a built-in MEvo for his Aura-Boost%, despite how awesome it would be would be borderline busted. MegaLucario going all out opening cans of whoop ass on your opponent's stocks? Nerf please!
But being serious & still off-topic I will finish my reply since this is a sceptile support thread, I see MegaLucario replacing Aura Storm simply because it would feel unfair to the other PKMN especially to all the rest of the characters only getting one FS UNLESS Charizard got his Mega X & Y forms but again, would be unfair to the rest of the smash cast. I just don't see MegaLucario as his built-in maximum Aura-Boost% level (aka based off brawl Lucario mechanic: 2 stocks down at 167%)

Edit: Okay so maybe I could see Lucario transforming into MegaLucario IF & only IF he was on the revival platform on your last stock. It would add onto his Aura mechanic and buff it as they say to make Lucario even more clutch.

Last edited:

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
Edit: Okay so maybe I could see Lucario transforming into MegaLucario IF & only IF he was on the revival platform on your last stock. It would add onto his Aura mechanic and buff it as they say to make Lucario even more clutch.
What if u dont play with stocks?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think it would advertise Mega Evolution well.... It is afterall just a visual effect to whatever it is that happens, it has no direct statement on what actually it is that happens.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
What if u dont play with stocks?
If it wasn't decided solely based on stocks and per-say it was a Time Match, Coin Battle, or any battle mode Lucario would have to be at a certain situation being fairly behind for MegaLucario to activate whenever you desired during the match. Lets think of Little Mac's K.O. meter but picture Lucario having a aura meter (if visable), not being able to use MEvo until it was maxed out and ready to use (multiple times if possible to do).
@ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon has a good point and I agree with that, I just don't want Lucario having an underwhelming MEvo that would also tie in with his said FS. Ending my posting about Lucario sorry for that SceptileSupportThread.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The thing that separates every other Pokemon from Lucario is that he is the only returning character who has a final smash and a mega evolution, without extenuating circumstances (being tied to other Pokemon like CHarizard, or no final smashes introduced yet such as Mewtwo, should he return). His final smash may well be the same, and could in face be stronger or weaker depending on if it is activated at a different point in his damage rack-up.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
ok guys, Ridley now has 1000 pages. We need to get our s*** together if we want to surpass them. Start quintuple posting. Write everything out one word per post, even better.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
We dont need to pass Ridley, but getting to triple digits certainly would be something.
I mean, Ridley should definitely be in first....

I just want Sceptile in third.

Right after Charizard and Greninja

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
1000 pages? Not that impossible but Right now as a topic worth discussing that sounded great in my head was Team Battle involving Sceptile. Questions like:

What would Sceptile provide in the heat of battle?

Will Sceptile have any team synergy-like attacks such as the pledge moves?

Things like that. But there's much more questions I'm in a rush typing since I'm leaving soon so someone finish my half-assed legacy~

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It would definitely be cool if characters had different benefits in 'team battles' for Smash battles

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Specify please, this sounds like it would be interesting and fun.
That characters had slightly different traits if they were in team battles. It could be implemented a few different ways.
a- pairings of characters reacted off of each other (very complicated)
b- characters moves were altered slightly to be different in team battles (so that they became geared a bit more towards team fights; you try to fight in tandem with your partner, certain moves change slightly so that you can heal an opponent or perhaps throw them, affect them in battle in different ways... I guess I see this as taking elements from Pokemon double battles)
c- another way

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
That characters had slightly different traits if they were in team battles. It could be implemented a few different ways.
a- pairings of characters reacted off of each other (very complicated)
b- characters moves were altered slightly to be different in team battles (so that they became geared a bit more towards team fights; you try to fight in tandem with your partner, certain moves change slightly so that you can heal an opponent or perhaps throw them, affect them in battle in different ways... I guess I see this as taking elements from Pokemon double battles)
c- another way
Oh, that does sound like fun. Good idea.

Now for Sceptile fans, a question if you will:

How do you think Sceptile would fair in his moveset gameplay? Particularly speaking, how he would fair edge-guarding, killing moves potential, and the like?

Top Bottom