• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Frostbite 2018 discussion thread

JB333

Smash Apprentice
After games 3 and 4, idk how Fatality won that set. He pulled it together and got a huge win!

D

Deleted member

Frostbite 2018 is hype!
Winners 32:
Tyroy :4bayonetta:3-2 WaDi :4mewtwo:
Can that be counted as an upset or nah? Tyroy is powering up oh my goodness.
Now we move to Winners 16!
I tried lmao
Image of this thread:
RIP.PNG

D

Deleted member

Tweek :4bayonetta: 3-0 Darkshad :4ryu:

Tweek destroyed Darkshad, oh my goodness. Quickest best of three set I have ever seen in Frostbite 2018.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Tweek :4bayonetta: 3-0 Darkshad :4ryu:

Tweek destroyed Darkshad, oh my goodness. Quickest best of three set I have ever seen in Frostbite 2018.
Tweek is using/pockets Bayo now too?

Dear lord...sorry I'm restraining my salt.

Last edited:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
(See my comments on page 1 of this thread for Pools, Top 192, and Top 48.) (This comment will be repeatedly updated as top 8 proceeds.)
Top 8 (Frostbite 2018)

Winners Semi-Finals:

Fatality:4falcon: vs Mistake:4bayonetta2: 0-3
Dabuz:rosalina: vs Tweek:4cloud2::4bayonetta: 3-2

Winners Finals:

Mistake:4bayonetta2: vs Dabuz:rosalina: 1-3

Losers Round 1 (Out at 7th):

Salem:4bayonetta: vs komorikiri:4cloud2::4sonic::4feroy: 3-0
Cosmos:4corrinf: vs Mr. R:4sheik: 2-3

Losers Quarter-Finals (Out at 5th):

Fatality:4falcon: vs Salem:4bayonetta: 1-3
Tweek:4cloud2::4bayonetta: vs Mr. R:4sheik: 3-1

Losers Semi-Finals (Out at 4th):

Tweek:4cloud2::4bayonetta: vs Salem:4bayonetta: 3-1

Losers Finals (Out at 3rd):

Mistake:4bayonetta2: vs Tweek:4cloud2::4bayonetta:

Grand Finals:

Dabuz:rosalina: vs (Winner of Mistake:4bayonetta2: vs Tweek:4cloud2::4bayonetta:)
-

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Tweek is using/pockets Bayo now too?

Dear lord...sorry I'm restraining my salt.
Tweek has used Bayonetta as a pocket quite a while for now I heard. He probably uses Bayonetta when he does not feel comfortable with the Cloud match-up against his opponent. I feel sympathy for your salt of multiple Bayonetta pockets. I personally do not care about the amount of Bayonneta pockets but I feel you.
Right now Mr. R :4sheik:and Mistake :4bayonetta2: are facing off.
Mistake self-destructs too much. :laugh:
https://www.twitch.tv/unrivaledtournaments

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Tweek has used Bayonetta as a pocket quite a while for now I heard. He probably uses Bayonetta when he does not feel comfortable with the Cloud match-up against his opponent.
Right now Mr. R :4sheik:and Mistake :4bayonetta2: are facing off.
Mistake self-destructs too much. :laugh:
Mistake makes mistakes too much to be honest....

I am leaving now and focus on updating my comments of the bracket.

D

Deleted member

Mistake :4bayonetta2:3-0 Mr. R :4sheik:
Dabuz :rosalina:3-1 Tyroy :4bayonetta:

Mr. R was disrespected hard, Mistake taunted at him so many times. You could tell Mistake was trying to appeal to the Twitch / Twitter users for sure.

Edit:

Tweek :4bayonetta:3-1 Komorikiri :4feroy:
Losers: Samsora :4peach:3-2 Wrath :4sonic:

Everyone wanted Komo to win because he went Roy. Everyone was like "Roy our boy!"
Now the two threads are focusing on losers bracket.
https://www.twitch.tv/mvg_league

Aaron1997

Smash Ace
NNID
Aaron1318
The "Ban Bayo" debates are going to be fun to watch after Frostbite is over. Where's my Popcorn?

D

Deleted member

Losers:
Top 8:
Salem :4bayonetta: 3-0 Tyroy :4bayonetta:

Top 16:
Cosmos :4corrinf:3-1 WaDi :4mewtwo:

Poor Tyroy got paired with a better version of himself.
The "Ban Bayo" debates are going to be fun to watch after Frostbite is over. Where's my Popcorn?
:joyful:

Aaron1997

Smash Ace
NNID
Aaron1318
There are only two bayos at Top 8, one in Winners, one in Losers.
Yea but this tourney has been the most Bayo Centric Super Major in her life time. I'm pretty sure on MVG there has been a bayo on for 2 hour's straight at 1 point. Also most of the Bayo elimination's in top 32 were caused by another Bayo. Not counting Locus, the only non Bayo elimination was JeBB losing to Paseriman.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
I miss a few hours worth of stream, let's see what I come back to find
*looks at brakcet*
OH MY
Fatality beat salem and cosmos to make top 8 winners side whoaaaahhhhh
tweek beat komo, which is somewhat surprising, but a little less considering they didn't cloud ditto, and as I expected komo still made top 8, so that's good.
and Mr R ended up double eliminiating darkshad, ouch, revenge for zero saga I guess

Thought on Top 8:
Fatality vs Mistake NOOOOOOOOOO oh god
Komo vs salem NOOOOOOOOOOOO oh god
and if Fatality manages to win he has to fight tweek or dabuz oh nooooo
if komo manages to win he has to fight fatality or mistake oh gooooooooood

Not looking good for my underdog favorites

D

Deleted member

Salem :4bayonetta:3-0 Komorikiri :4feroy:
Looks like Roy could not keep up with Bayonetta that well.
Fatality vs Mistake could end in two different ways.

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Salem :4bayonetta:3-0 Komorikiri :4feroy:
Looks like Roy could not keep up with Bayonetta that well.
Fatality vs Mistake could end in two different ways.
Message to komo: just because you defeated Captain Zack (who lost to a Mac and a ROB) with Roy, doesn't mean it won't work anymore.
The result: get bodied by Tweek's and Salem's Bayo.

D

Deleted member

Mr. R :4sheik:3-2 Cosmos :4corrinf:
That was one of the most intense sets of Frostbite 2018 so far, no kidding.
Edit:
Dabuz :rosalina:3-2 Tweek :4cloud2:

D

Deleted member

It is no surprise to y'all by now that I predict one of my girls :4bayonetta2: or :rosalina: are going to triumph. That said, I do not want to see a repeat performance from Mistake where he got away with predictable habits in Genesis to finish in second.

Sayonara :kirby:

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Five.

Five heel slides in a row.

I am not happy, Bob. Not happy.

D

Deleted member

It is no surprise to y'all by now that I predict one of my girls :4bayonetta2: or :rosalina: are going to triumph. That said, I do not want to see a repeat performance from Mistake where he got away with predictable habits in Genesis to finish in second.

Sayonara :kirby:
Speaking of that...
Mistake :4bayonetta2:3-0 Fatality :4falcon:
I think the crowd wants Fatality to win this, but it is looking tough for him. I just want to mention that I think that Dabuz has the best anti air game by far. Did you see that set with Tweek?

JB333

Smash Apprentice
The aggressive Bayo play style is much better against Falcon than the passive play style. I feel like Fatality couldn't even move without getting hit boxes thrown at him...

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
The aggressive Bayo play style is much better against Falcon than the passive play style. I feel like Fatality couldn't even move without getting hit boxes thrown at him...
Fatality was playing a few thing wrong in the matchup. For example, those 5 Heel Slides. The Twitch Chat was so salty lol.

D

Deleted member

Losers:
Tweek :4bayonetta:3-1 Mr. R :4sheik:
That last round from the set I mentioned was so sad for Mr. R. Mr. R died at fifty percent in both of his stocks from Bayonetta. Bayonettas are everywhere right now.

Edit:
Losers:
Salem :4bayonetta: 3-1 Fatality :4falcon:
Poor Fatality literally barely did anything because of Salem's Bayonetta throwing fast attacks in his face.
I say that Tweek, Dabuz and Salem are top three winners for sure now.

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
OMG. The chat is soooooooo salty during the Fatality vs Salem set. Fatality overextended at the end.
Losers:
Tweek :4bayonetta:3-1 Mr. R :4sheik:
That last round from the set I mentioned was so sad for Mr. R. Mr. R died at fifty percent in both of his stocks from Bayonetta. Bayonettas are everywhere right now.
Poor | Mr. R

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Salem really just killed Fatality off the side from a get up attack and we're still pretending this character is fine

Last edited:

JB333

Smash Apprentice
I know Fatality wasn't playing that, but Bayo is actually ridiculous.

Top 4 has 3 Bayos rn, and I know Mkleo and Nairo aren't there, but this is still ridiculous.

D

Deleted member

Salem really just killed Fatality off the side from a get up attack and we're still pretending this character is fine
Bayonetta is fine though, no ban.
The only ones remaining are Dabuz, Tweek, Mistake and Salem in the tournament.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
The only ones remaining are Dabuz, Tweek, Mistake and Salem.
...............That's literally everyone left in the tournament though.
Salem killed Fatality off a getup attack.
Mistake spams heel slide countless times and gets away with it.
Top players who do fine on their own pick up bayo and use her more.

I'm actually disgusted by tonight. These kinds of things are not okay.

D

Deleted member

Dabuz is a monster, he has a good chance of winning this. Is anyone going to talk about his good edge-guarding skills and the best anti-air in the game? Dabuz is destroying Mistake right now.

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Bayonetta is fine though, no ban.
The only ones remaining are Dabuz, Tweek, Mistake and Salem.
Those four play the most hated characters in SSB4. I don't want people getting the impression that Frostbite is a bad tournament because of this, which is sad, considering how hype and large the earlier matches were.
Bayo is fine, but people make too many mistakes fighting her (such as Mistake's five Heel Slides, and Nairo D.I.'ing up against a raged Bayo at Genesis 5 (which is poetic justice since ZSS does the same thing but with much smaller effort)). The character is the best in the game, but she is not dominating the competitive scene. Before anyone answers "that is what everyone says about brawl MK before realizing he was broken", we have better technology and better skills to notice a character's peak, which is especially noticeable for her because it is easy to compare her to her pre-patch self. The reason why Bayo is becoming a bit more prominent in the scene than in, for example, early 2017 is not because the character is becoming more broken, but because her players are getting better at the game. She is not an easy character to master.

D

Deleted member

...............That's literally everyone left in the tournament though.
That is what I meant.
Salem killed Fatality off a getup attack.
Mistake spams heel slide countless times and gets away with it.
Top players who do fine on their own pick up bayo and use her more.

I'm actually disgusted by tonight. These kinds of things are not okay.
I saw that. I disagree with a Bayonetta ban, but that is just nuts. It shows how nuts Bayonetta can be. I have a bad feeling about the Smash fanbase...

D

Deleted member

To my knowledge Dabuz hasn't used Bayo yet this tournament, so there's still hope.
I do not think he will, he is just so solid with Rosalina.
Speaking of that...
Dabuz :rosalina: 3-1 Mistake :4bayonetta2:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
That is what I meant.

I saw that. I disagree with a Bayonetta ban, but that is just nuts. It shows how nuts Bayonetta can be. I have a bad feeling about the Smash fanbase...
The Smash 4 fanbase in a nutshell: "No! He/she has potential! JUST YOU WAIT!" or "This character is so BS! Why isn't he/she banned yet?!?"
To my knowledge Dabuz hasn't used Bayo yet this tournament, so there's still hope.
Dabuz only used Bayo against MKLeo at Genesis. He is now in Grand Finals.

Ordeaux26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ordeaux
I Find It Kinda Dumb That People Are Complaining That 3 Bayonetta's Are Getting Into Top 8 But Nobody is Complaining That 5 Fox's Get Into The Top 8 in Melee Tournaments Actually Melee Fox Is Much More Dominating Than Bayonette Should We Ban Melee Fox

Last edited:

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
Tweek vs Salem Bayonetta dittos. Is this an indication of how the 2018 metagame will shape up, I wonder? Will Salem stick to Bayonetta or switch to Greninja?

Aaron1997

Smash Ace
NNID
Aaron1318
I Find It Kinda Dumb That People Are Complaining That 3 Bayonetta's Are Getting Into Top 8 But Nobody is Complaining That 5 Fox's Get Into The Top 8 in Melee Tournaments Actually Melee Fox Is Much More Dominating Than Bayonette Should We Ban Melee Fox
Because :foxmelee: is actually fun to watch and fight unlike:4bayonetta:. You can actually edgeguard/combo Fox and he has a Meh Disadvantge. Yes Bayo is combo food but has no Disadvantge, Can't play proactive vs her because WT and the Best recovery in the game

Last edited:
Top Bottom