• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Full Smash 64 Learning Curve (MASSIVE UPDATES)

remedys

Smash Cadet
i have to point out that 95% of the players reading this are at lvl4+ and so more between lvl 4 and 5 would be nice, but still very good thread, ty.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i have to point out that 95% of the players reading this are at lvl4+ and so more between lvl 4 and 5 would be nice, but still very good thread, ty.
Agreed...Z cancelling, most advanced techniques...they aren't hard to use. Most scrubs nowadays can use them, and think they are good because they can Z-cancel Kirby's D-Air into U-Tilt. If there was a difficulty list of ATs (eg. shine shield-break, shine jab, Ness's Down-B edgegrab would be high, Z-Cancel, edgehog are low) this list would be a lot more comprehensive.

If you ask me, the big thing separating scrubs from advanced players is DI. Scrubs just let themselves be comboed.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
i think im the only elitist feg in here that has poor DI
Players online DI has a lot to do with what controller / kb they use. KB rulz at DI and sucks at precision

P D said:
gc di > kb di
Its about input mashing... How can pressing a kb key be slower than mashing the GC joystick in a direction?

Zen Yore

Smash Ace
Montreal, Quebec, Canada, North America, Earth
Players online DI has a lot to do with what controller / kb they use. KB rulz at DI and sucks at precision
i just use a normal n64 controller, i have ok ledge DI and I can gtfo of combos in rapetent, but besides, yoshis drill is giving me pain in the ***, but i still manage to escape it a few times, if the Yoshi stands still and doesnt drill in the direction I DI. But I cant DI out of Falcon's Fair.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
wtf ddr pad that is p. much the best idea ive ever seen
lolwut. I can't see ddr pad working that good.

Someone tell a faster way than mashing a keyboard button...?
The only thing i know is a dual joystick input so its like you move it twice as fast. The result is fking crazy. Its close to TAS DI

SeanxFayt

Smash Cadet
NNID
xKintoUn
Switch FC
SW-5031-3151-4071
i'm a level 4 :( i definitely have to start playing this again lol the community is growing :D

karterfreak

Smash Cadet
I believe I'm around the 5A/5B area, leaning a little towards 5B. Still got a long way to go to get past it too. :/

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
i just use a normal n64 controller, i have ok ledge DI and I can gtfo of combos in rapetent, but besides, yoshis drill is giving me pain in the ***, but i still manage to escape it a few times, if the Yoshi stands still and doesnt drill in the direction I DI. But I cant DI out of Falcon's Fair.
Your DI is normal for your controller...i wouldn't worry about it

I use D-pad (ps3 controller) so my DI is above average...but not to the point of some peoples...

I would prefer to use analog but personally i find the analog on the ps controllers to be in an awkward place ....screws me up

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
I was a level 6 cuz I can spam backthrow with DK, j/k

Yeah, you're right, I somehow read that wrong. I only played teams with Fire, and thats enough to show that he is definately better.

I averaged between 5A and 5B, and would be a 5B at the top of my game.

D

Deleted member

at least his falcon seems to be very good
His Falcon is very good at camping like a ****** and doing the original combo of up-smash, up-air up-air up-air up-air up-b every single stock

NixxxoN

Smash Master
His Falcon is very good at camping like a ****** and doing the original combo of up-smash, up-air up-air up-air up-air up-b every single stock
Two words: HAX DI
Use it only against those "original" falcons x)
Or against utilt spamming kirby b¡tches

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Hmm.. Nice guide. I honestly don't know what 'level' I am at. I do multi-hit combos, but not consistently. I do shorthop aerials. I juggle, spike, and have almost mastered comboing into JigglyPuff's rest. :p

I though I was a very good player, and I still do. So far, no one I have battle has stood any chance. But I do know for sure that there are better players out there than me.

Help? At least help me find out what level I'm at... lol. ^^

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Hmm.. Nice guide. I honestly don't know what 'level' I am at. I do multi-hit combos, but not consistently. I do shorthop aerials. I juggle, spike, and have almost mastered comboing into JigglyPuff's rest. :p

I though I was a very good player, and I still do. So far, no one I have battle has stood any chance. But I do know for sure that there are better players out there than me.

Help? At least help me find out what level I'm at... lol. ^^
Its hard to judge when you have nothing to go by really :p

Do you play online

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
It sounds like you're a 5A. You're learning to combo but it isn't fluent. You use all (or most) of the advanced techniques, including short-hop and some character-specific techniques.

If you play online, you can play someone who's good, and they'll be able to tell you what you are.

Top Bottom