• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The future of Melee (who's going to take over?)

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
i 2 and 3 stocked falcomist last weekend in marth ditto money match all 3 games. I think Marth is very overrated, and gets combo-***** by too many characters. Falcon playing properly ***** Marth, and Sheik owns him too. I think Falco played properly has the advantage against Marth too unless Marth successfully powershields almost every laser. Also, Jigglypuff's planking is almost unbeatable vs a lot of characters, especially fast fallers. The best 2 jiggs refuse to use that tactic though, which is why it will never be recognized as as broken as it actually is. If there was a tournament in Melee for a million dollars, then you guys might see how dumb it really is. I am probably not entering Apex since I think I will get ***** because I will have to switch games at the same time (at least at Pound4 I got to play only Melee before playing Brawl except for pools) and all that will do is hurt my Brawl game, but if I decide on that being the case, I might just buy Mango's ticket myself so that there is a good Melee tourney to watch still.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
teams yes definitely. Singles probably not unless I change my mind LAST second. I don't think it would be a good idea though. I don't think I'm good enough to win, and I think it would also negatively impact my Brawl singles since I would do both simultaneously (with different controllers).

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
armada maybe got mindraped by mango
but i doubt he can get through perfectly spaced back airs from puff with a positive damage given/damage taken ratio. LOL

booshk

Smash Lord
teams yes definitely. Singles probably not unless I change my mind LAST second. I don't think it would be a good idea though. I don't think I'm good enough to win, and I think it would also negatively impact my Brawl singles since I would do both simultaneously (with different controllers).
m2k please enter singles.
if there's anyone that can switch between games simultaneously and **** at both, it's you.
even if you do lose in melee, you're just going to lose a few dollars, which is petty money to you!!

captainevilstomper - cuz he destroyed armada too bad last time
;)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
There's four?!

E-gad!
LOL! Tai dittos at Apex? :bee:

for once im not, and as good as hbox is he will not beat armada.
seriously, if you mango doesnt go to apex youre giving europe a free win. do americans want to see that happen?
Its not guaranteed. Armada still has to beat out Sheiks(NTSC Sheiks:p), Falcons, And a Puff that is better at Spacing Bairs and Resting then Mango. I'd say if Armada wins it will be because he's hella good but it won't be an easy ride by any means.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
lol @ 4 marths. one day i'll SHOW YOU ALL! ... *coughs*

I don't blame M2K for not want to swich between games. If Melee had enough $$$$$$ in it he might go back to just that and re-gain his tech-skill. but if you're making as much money in Brawl as M2K is why stop playing it? just saying it makes sense.

Also I actually wanna see HBOX vs Armada. If Armada wins @ Apex good **** actually, there will be a champ that's not U.S.A., and a Peach at that. there's a first time for everything people.

MooseEatsBear

Smash Journeyman
Lol, where has Sheik really been in the competitive game? I haven't seen much of her.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Players like Axe will get better and better. They will become top 10 and just start rapin ****. Apparently Jman won't be playing for that much longer either.
no offense but hbk's marth would be a sad "best marth"
and if hbox was the best in the us i would never watch grand finals.
how so? hbk is that ****, there'd really be no good marth mains if the people said early do quit.
please do, or someone. remember that armada travels to the us primarily to play him. and dont forget that europe is more or less guaranteed to win if mango doesnt enter.
he'd probably have to beat ss, hungrybox and m2k before getting to mango anyway. going to a completely different country to play one person is stupid, so hopefully your not armada's representative, as you've been acting since he attended genesis.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I'm rooting against armada like I do for all peaches I watched some gay matches and keep rooting for the guy on PF who timed out.

I would rather see amash or Hbox win m2k if he started playing to win WTF he still ***** us all.

well i'm going to go bnack to work on my spacing It was ruined from a week long camping trip, I can't keep my skill on.

at M2K what if you entered melee singles for laughs and giggles like play as falcon a lot and stop worring about having to be gay to everyone it's alright if your not chain throwing everyone for one day :) you could just have fun like falcon punching people out of pools.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
I believe in Axe. I think with m2k and mango gone, it's gonna be Armada, Jman , Axe ( improving really fast), Dr.peepee and hax ruling the scenel.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
more playable chartcers will pop up pikachu is shining more than ever same for gannon and maybe mario thanks to scrop. If I susend in hypeing pichu and get some more or at least so their are 6 solid mains out there stuff could happen.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Lol, where has Sheik really been in the competitive game? I haven't seen much of her.
Amsah, Plank, Tope, Over, M2K(semi-sheik), Drephen, and KirbyKaze all sheik players that did well at Pound 4. She honestly had much more rep at P4 then Marths :( hopefully that changes this time.

Pound 4 Marths that got out of pools.
M2K(mostly marth), Falcomist(semi-marth at this time I think), G$, I.B., HBK, and Strawhat.

We can do betta marf playas

Stratford

Smash Champion
armada maybe got mindraped by mango
but i doubt he can get through perfectly spaced back airs from puff with a positive damage given/damage taken ratio. LOL
You mean a damage ratio >1. It'd be difficult to manage a negative damage ratio.

:)

PB&J

Smash Hero
hbox gets ***** by Dr Peepee
last time i checked hbox won last time they played and pp beat him only in one tourny..dont see the **** in that

and m2k aka JZ FROM THE BIG O

after this weekend u will be good at melee again playing west coast and hax/g$ and others..u will enter melee singles @ apex

DIP!!!!

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
if you enter melee singles you could get top 1 - 3. possibly 4 is mango goes. thats your money back right there... and you could still win brawl.
if you're entering doubles why not singles?

do brawl/melee doubles go on at the same time and singles for both games at the same time? or what?

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
aw. m2k. you're the greatest.

if you think you'll win brawl if you dont enter melee and that you will not win brawl if you do enter melee, don't enter melee. otherwise, please do. i love watching you play.

and if you stay focused and confident we all know you'll beat armada.

S l o X

Smash Champion
The only thing that really changes if Mango doesn't attend internationals is that if crew battles happen (reigonals, not EU vs USA) then WC will get 3rd/4th instead of 2nd.

PB&J

Smash Hero
the only person garunteed to get top 3 is mango..too many good players here to say m2k/hbx/shiz/armada/ who ever are def getting top 3..

SDC

Smash Lord
for once im not, and as good as hbox is he will not beat armada.
seriously, if you mango doesnt go to apex youre giving europe a free win. do americans want to see that happen?
lol. If Benedict Arnold here is going to degenerate into mindless fanboyism, I might as well too.

Watch this vid. Turn to 3:20.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzTqMhNPSqA&feature=related
See that? That's called a rest, it's arguably the best move in the game, it ***** Armada, and Hbox does it in his sleep. (abysmal pun intended ;))

Now, watch this vid:
http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=ely7VTpG3N4&feature=related
The first move you see here is called a backair. This is one of the most broken, disjointed moves in the entire game, and combined with jiggz' ariel mobility, it makes her nearly untouchable behind, literally, a wall of hitbox (hence the term: Wall of Pain). Hbox, by the way, spaces this move perfectly. IE there will be ****.

Now click on this link:
http://www.google.com/images?q=cryi..._en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi
This is what you get when you do a google image search for "crying europeans". This is what you will see in large quantities at APEX.

Hbox, M2K(yes he will enter singles, you know he will), SS, USA > Armada and the rest of his eurotrash soccer buddies.
GETHYPEDUSA

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
i 2 and 3 stocked falcomist last weekend in marth ditto money match all 3 games. I think Marth is very overrated, and gets combo-***** by too many characters. Falcon playing properly ***** Marth, and Sheik owns him too. I think Falco played properly has the advantage against Marth too unless Marth successfully powershields almost every laser. Also, Jigglypuff's planking is almost unbeatable vs a lot of characters, especially fast fallers. The best 2 jiggs refuse to use that tactic though, which is why it will never be recognized as as broken as it actually is. If there was a tournament in Melee for a million dollars, then you guys might see how dumb it really is. I am probably not entering Apex since I think I will get ***** because I will have to switch games at the same time (at least at Pound4 I got to play only Melee before playing Brawl except for pools) and all that will do is hurt my Brawl game, but if I decide on that being the case, I might just buy Mango's ticket myself so that there is a good Melee tourney to watch still.
WTF?
if mango doesnt care enough to defend his title against Armada then he doesnt deserve to be champion in the first place. Nobody should have to buy him a ticket. Just because he is CURRENTLY the best player doesnt mean he deserves special treatment. In my opinion, he is just doing this to see if he can get a free ride (which will probably happen anyways).

M2k.
You are the most amazing smash player of all time. Why are you worried about MLG??? You r@ped Ally the past two events. Nobody is taking your Brawl champioin title anytime soon (possibly never). You have what it takes to win melee singles. I personally want to see you destroy Armada at this tourney. He is good, but i think the last two wins were based on a little luck. You were r@ping him and he either got extremely lucky or he pulled out a stitch-face/bomb (also luck). You got this M2k.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I also love KK a little more for that post peach can go to f***ing h***.

v3ctorman I played as yoshi in what 4-5 matches today due to random pick like always nothing at all to do with sexy yoshi players out there. I mostly train on random matches trying to think of new ideas/learn/ and master my spacing and junk. Playing souly as ____ vs someone who doesn't always give you a run for your money is mad boring. however if I played agianst non peach player much better than me i'd go all pichu.

wait how did I write that much? You know what i'll write more because it seems to be working.

charlesz is mad sexy.

Top Bottom