• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The future of Melee (who's going to take over?)

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
cactuar isnt the best marth. hes the 2nd best marth next to m2k. maybe amsah might have a better marth, but idk.

cactier wh*re doesnt use marth as much anymore nowadays

PB&J

Smash Hero
hbk and cactus man best marth

and scorpion master/mango is the future ..he was beating m2k with mario..thats why m2k knows mango is really good..but mangos not unbeatable, just better than best

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
hbk and cactus man best marth

and scorpion master/mango is the future ..he was beating m2k with mario..thats why m2k knows mango is really good..but mangos not unbeatable, just better than best
HBK Has a few losses that for some reason define him. He barely lost to people like Kage and Tope...etc and people are like man HBK's alright. He's pretty good IMO. One of my favorite Marths to watch.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I think HBK is better than me vs spacies with Marth. I also haven't really used Marth in tournament for a long looong time. I have no faith in that character. :(

strawhats

Smash Master
Yeah....Amsah's Marth is REALLLLY sick. I wanna see Amsah vs M2K sheik and Marth dittos.
happened already m2k tapped amsah's marth and won against amsah's sheik in dittos.

M2K is unhuman in marth dittos...plain and simple.

If ken coudln't do it who else can (mango's marth sucks) lol

Vyzor

Smash Journeyman
I hope M2K pwns Mango at Apex if M2K does singles and if Mango goes. I also hope Armada pwns his ***. I also hope M2K ***** Scorpion Master.

Bob Money

Smash Ace
pewpewu or IB have the 2nd best marth atm for marth mains. both have gotten alot better in just 1-2 monoths and I think have earned that spot.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Cactuar has always had a much better grasp of Marth's MU's than I have and a ton of better spacing. And I think your sleeping on your v Falco game buddy, I can honestly say that I learned everything about that MU from you. You maneuver through lasers like no other lol. Everytime you played Eggm you always made it look so easy. Other than that vs Fox is probably the only matchup I think I have dwn, and maybe Marth dittoes cuz I camp like a *****.

But yea I suck now cuz I dnt have enoug time to practice like I use to...Id still **** up I.B though <3

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Another really good Marth is AustinRC. it's a danm shame that he doesn't travel much.

PB&J

Smash Hero
arc is the man..if he traveled he would do really good

oh and pewpewu was just giving m2k a run for his money in marth dittos and made his shiek sweat, but hbk is doing it right now

fullmetal is good too in the south..wish qdvs would play more

man i want to pick up marth thinking about it..lol

Mahone

Smash Champion
arc is the man..if he traveled he would do really good

oh and pewpewu was just giving m2k a run for his money in marth dittos and made his shiek sweat, but hbk is doing it right now

fullmetal is good too in the south..wish qdvs would play more

man i want to pick up marth thinking about it..lol
Do you actually play melee?

cowsareforeating

Smash Rookie
I think mang0's an extremely good and smart PLAYER, but that he wins more often cause of that than being actually amazing at specific characters. cept his puff. i think people just rag on him because he talks more **** than anyone in history...

m2k is still gonna win his fair share of east coast until he stops playing melee because he loves you all

but once drpp gets to more tourneys i can see him winning a lot more often
ummm kings back! but i dont see any of the favorites getting upset anytime soon. imo SS will eventually be unanimous best falcon... him or hax.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Amsah (recent vids of his marth ****)
Diakanos (probably the best v. Falco. ledgecancels and powershields. ****)
IB (i'm a fanboy :) )
Merkuri (europe)
KFC (dtilt and dashdances on point :o)
ICE (want more vids)
Strawhat (i hope he doesn't retire like i've been hearing)
M2K (when he is tired of ****** with sheik)
HBK (amazing v. Fox. absolute monster in teams)
Falcomist (next gen ken. except hes been playing for like forever. breakout star!)
Fullmetal (amazing v. sheik game. GA)
Cactuar (whenever he decides that ****** MD/VA with Marth might be fun too)
Niko (up and comer for realz)
Bob$ (straight knowledge. jabs and side bs. and stuff)
AustinRC (needs to travel. a lot better than people thinks he is and probably a lot better than he thinks he is)
taj (but he is going m2 for apex and I respect that so much. good shiiit)
tec0 (his 8th best character. learned a lot from him when he housed me a month ago)
Fastliketree (OG marth that ***** whenever he shows up!)
KDJ (korean friendlies raaape)
G$ (white marth oolala)
adam (very underrated. people need to look this guy up!)
tai (dat az training. best v. pika and m2 hands down! hands down!)
pewpewU (tbh i need to watch more vids of him. apparently mad sex and stuff)

I hate it when people say Marth is dead. Look at all those **** players. Yeah, for half of them, Marth is their secondary, but hey, beggars can't be choosers.

but we've got the best looking smashers for sure. easy. EASY.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I hope I do well at APEX and you people remember me when these kinds of topics come up.

If I choke I'll just have to live in obscurity forever :(

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
right now other than m2k

there is no clear cut BEST marth imo

thats why it's so debatable right now

pewpewu is favorite to watch tho LOL

but i think all those good marths are the same in skill to me anyway hahahaha

(PewPewU, HBK, Falcomist, KFC, Diakanos, MarthMaster2039204803, Whoever the **** else is good with Marth lol)

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
My Marth is by far my best character, without question...In tourney I choke though and for some reason I start sucking, so I use Fox because I have time to camp and run and I have to think less to win. Once I figure out how to play my best in tourney it'll most likely be all Marth.

I've also been doing so much thinking in regards to Marth. First off, as much respect as I have for every player mentioned so far, no one even comes close to M2K's level of Marth. It's so ******** how good you have to be to place high with Marth. After M2K, Taj and Cactuar take the next best Marth...Strawhat followed closely IMO. Everyone else is very good, especially IB, KFC, Falcomist, but again very far away from M2K.

Oh, and Amsah is behind M2K's Marth, above everyone else...I just forgot him.

Marth is definitely a dead character. The best Marth in the world doesn't main him anymore, and the people that main solely Marth can't beat the best players in the world. There's no top players that play Marth besides M2K, and you can't even say he mains Marth anymore.

In order for there to be a top pro that uses Marth, a few things need to happen that will be hard to do:

*They obviously have to have the skill to be a top pro
*They have to be able to consistently beat Falcons and Sheiks

The first one is hard enough as it is.

The second one is very hard because Marth has a hard time with those matchups, those characters beat him. Combine that with the fact that you have to be able to beat every top Falcon player there is right now, (Darkrain, SilentSpectre, Hax, Scar, now Nando?) and for some reason every Falcon player makes it a priority to be able to obliterate Marth for some reason. Work on the spacies matchup Falcons, geez...That's the matchup you have trouble with anyways.

AND, the person has to be so dedicated to Marth that they'll be willing to go through the frustration of losing in tournament to Falcons and Sheiks without switching to Fox, Falco to beat those matchups.

Fox and Falco do so good vs Falcon, it's like, you know you can win with them so why would you risk losing just to say you played Marth?

Eh, I'll elaborate more later.

nando, jesiah, tag, drpp, and hbox will become the new players to beat
Someone knows what's up.

Niko45

Smash Master
Amazing, people still underrating HBK in 2010. Anyway, I'll stop stanning.

I def agree you have to approach playing Marth the way CFs/low tiers approach it. Stick out those crappy matchups and get better at them than the opposition. I have taken this stance for a long time now and play Marth and Marth only.

Skler

Smash Master
This thread needs to get back on track.

Let's focus on why I'm the best player because I beat Mango in a Link ditto in pools once.

Have fun with your 45:55 and 40:60 problems, Marth.

Because I love getting 90:10'ed by Foxes. So do a lot of low tiers.

Low tiers can only advance when players who use the top 8 do nothing correct.

Top Bottom