• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The future of ROB

derek.haines

Smash Ace
So we Play a Robot that sets up Shadow nukes? AWESOME!!!

Lets do that in the Pokemon anime world *muwhahahahahahaha*

But we really didn't figure outs R.O.B's importance till 80% of SSE. Though if they made ROB do tasks to help other Nintendo characters maybe....wait a minute thats Captain Rainbow's job.
ROB is the main villain in Captain Rainbow.

I just called it.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
too lame for his own game. kid icarus remake makes sense. rob hasnt got his own original game

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I don't care who takes his place.
The stereotypical fat-guy-in-basement would work better than an emotionless toy.
And what's worse, his Final Smash reminds me of an egg beater.....I HATE EGGS.
A LOT.
You still didn't give a legitimate reason.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Nobody asked for ROB or ZSS, yet we got them anyway.
Toon Link I understand, Wolf I understand, Wario I sorta understand (who wanted him?), but ZSS and ROB I don't.
There were characters several people BEGGED to have.
Ridley is one of them, and I think Sakurai should've gone through with it.
Personally, I'd take Ridley and Krystal.
I know we have 'too many' Star Fox characters already, but I think a staff moveset would rock, plus I like Ridley.
ROB is good (as a competitive character, not who he is).
ZSS is good (again, as a competitive character).
But they went too far with ZSS when they added the whip.
She never had a whip in the ONE GAME she was playable in.
And they added a major stun effect to some of her moves.
Brilliant thought, Sakurai.

Immortal_One

Smash Apprentice
R.O.B. is back. And this time, he's brought weapons.
LOL
Epic win, sir.

I'd guess R.O.B would have a great place here for the Wii, I mean, I'm sure Nintendo could cook up something that has to with R.O.B.

RedPeppers

Smash Ace
Nobody asked for ROB or ZSS, yet we got them anyway.
Toon Link I understand, Wolf I understand, Wario I sorta understand (who wanted him?), but ZSS and ROB I don't.
There were characters several people BEGGED to have.
Ridley is one of them, and I think Sakurai should've gone through with it.
Personally, I'd take Ridley and Krystal.
I know we have 'too many' Star Fox characters already, but I think a staff moveset would rock, plus I like Ridley.
ROB is good (as a competitive character, not who he is).
ZSS is good (again, as a competitive character).
But they went too far with ZSS when they added the whip.
She never had a whip in the ONE GAME she was playable in.
And they added a major stun effect to some of her moves.
Brilliant thought, Sakurai.
PCHU is right. ZZS should never have made it in. ROB I actually think is kind of a fun addition(though I hate playing against him), but yeah we should have had Toad before ROB.

Darkslash

Smash Master
PCHU is right. ZZS should never have made it in. ROB I actually think is kind of a fun addition(though I hate playing against him), but yeah we should have had Toad before ROB.
*facepalms*

Toad before R.O.B? Toad is some annoying NPC thats more annoying than Navi(Okay maybe over exaggerating) R.O.B did some thing at least.

Any ways

R.O.B goes on a seceret mission to stop the convena--I mean PSPs.

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
People think ROB has a future?

O_O

EDIT: godsmith2, your Location is not grammatically correct. That should be, "En mis pantalones." >.>

D

Deleted member

Possible futures of ROB

1. Melted down and recycled
2. In a landfill
3. Wasting away in storage somewhere
4. Listening to people complaining about his Smash appearance (I think Sakurai either got hit on the head with a heavy object or was drunk when he suggested tripping and ROB)

People think ROB has a future?

O_O
Quoted for truth

R.O.B did some thing at least.
*cough* *cough* Even without ROB videogames would've survived

Darkslash

Smash Master
*cough* *cough* Even without ROB videogames would've survived
Originally People wanted R.O.B and not the NES. They saw Mario before R.O.B but they were scared of buying the NES because they feared it would end up the same way as the Atari 2600. But then came R.O.B and then NES's where flying off the shelves.

Burrbomb

Smash Apprentice
R.O.B. does deserve a future! And quit complaining about R.O.B. being in Brawl. He WAS necassary to be in there, the only reason ppl dont want him in there is because they have no idea who he is. If you did know him, you'd know he was very important to nintendo. What I dont understand is, how a broken character like Snake got in, I mean I DO know how I just dont see why Nintendo WANTED to put him in. But anyway, if any character should be dropped Permanently from SSB its Jigglypuff. I dont see why nobody complains about that stupid Balloon. It's 90% useless with only 1 good move. R.O.B. deserves a future, if anyone even ATTEMPTED to learn about his past they would say he desreves a future.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure Snake was put in because Shigeru Miyamoto and Hideo Kojima friends. Money helps too.
Miyamoto wasn't the Head of Smash Bros thats Sakurai.

Sakurai said that Kojima practically "begged on his knees" for Snake to be in Melee. But then it was too late in development to add him. So they added him Brawl.

But people lets stay on topic about R.O.B.

R.O.B has a future, but as Cameo character. If he/it going to get to be a main it either a new IP or as a villain.

BrawlerAidan

Smash Rookie
OMG R.O.B is a total legend i think his future will be a P.I.M.P, Johnny No.4 is a jew..
Rob will probally end up having it off with SAMUS (even thought she's human, but her Robot form)

BrawlerHarrison

Smash Apprentice
I don't reckon anything will happen... He'll be noticed a bit more since he got into Brawl but..
Nothing that will bring him back fully. He was an accessory after all.

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
I cant see a future for ROB just because he was in Brawl, Game and Watch was in Melee and Brawl, where's his "revival"?

Darkslash

Smash Master
I cant see a future for ROB just because he was in Brawl, Game and Watch was in Melee and Brawl, where's his "revival"?
Supposedly Game and Watch legacy is in the DS.

But also G&W had a revival at the time of Melee. Known as Game & Watch Gallery 4 for the GBA Also Ice Climbers have been part of the Classic NES Series and VC on the Wii.

But what does R.O.B Have? Most Gamers only know R.O.B from Brawl and Mario Kart. People dismiss him for Mario saving the industry. Over all he's a sad Robotic Operating Buddy. But no one wants to be his Friend.

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but I meant new games, they're discussing if ROB has a future. He was an accessory that no one knows about anymore and all he's done is cameo's. I just cant see either G&W or ROB getting a "future" beyond Game & Watch Gallery's or cameo's

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah but I meant new games, they're discussing if ROB has a future. He was an accessory that no one knows about anymore and all he's done is cameo's. I just cant see either G&W or ROB getting a "future" beyond Game & Watch Gallery's or cameo's
Or Smash Bros sequels.

IMO, R.O.B. may have finally found a home in the Smash series, like it is for Mr. Game & Watch. A place where he can frolic at his leisure and be immortalized in the virtual historical archive that is the trophy gallery. Granted, people had been hostile towards him, but he was slowly accepted in the Smash community, due to his robust moveset and recovery skills.

Even if R.O.B. only makes cameos in other games, he is here to stay in the Smash franchise.

Donut!

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone actually have a ROB? I have one, and I have to say it is one of the most useless peripherals that has ever existed. The thought process behind the product is really one I can't even begin to comprehend: Hey I have an idea, let's make an expensive robot that you plug into your Nintendo that you still control with a regular remote, making the gameplay slower and more obnoxious. But wait, let's make it so it compatible with only 2 games, which just happen to be terrible! People will love it right?

The only thing the ROB was good for was to use as an uberboss when I was having a killer GI Joe battle...

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
Does anyone actually have a ROB? I have one, and I have to say it is one of the most useless peripherals that has ever existed. The thought process behind the product is really one I can't even begin to comprehend: Hey I have an idea, let's make an expensive robot that you plug into your Nintendo that you still control with a regular remote, making the gameplay slower and more obnoxious. But wait, let's make it so it compatible with only 2 games, which just happen to be terrible! People will love it right?

The only thing the ROB was good for was to use as an uberboss when I was having a killer GI Joe battle...

That's because the technology back then was crap. Imagine if they were to remake ROB with today's technology?

Top Bottom