• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Game Table - Mineola, NY - Aug 23, 08

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Hey guys, there is going to be a tournament at The Game Table in Mineola, NY, on August 23, 2008! :)

http://www.thegametableonline.com/
http://thegametable.blogspot.com/

Mineola, NY 11501

This will consist of 4 tournaments:

Brawl Doubles
Melee Doubles
Brawl Singles
Melee Singles

The fun begins at 1pm, but signups/registration begins at Noon.
Any questions feel free to IM me at Masamune146.

There is a $5 door fee. This means that no money will be taken out of the prize pots.

Each tournament is $5 to enter and is double-elimination. (You have to lose twice to be out.)

Each tournament match will consist of a 2/3 set, and each finals match (Winner's finals, Loser's finals, and Grand finals) will consist of a 3/5 set.

Melee Rules:

- Items are turned OFF
- Each match will be set to 4 stock
- The time limit for each match will be 8 minutes.
- Wobbling is banned.
- The Ice Climber freeze glitch is banned.
- Excessively stalling a match with Jigglypuff's rising pound or Peach's wall-bombing is banned.

Stages for Singles:

Neutrals: Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium, Fountain of Dreams
Counterpick: Brinstar, Corneria, Green Greens, Mute City, Peach's Castle, Jungle Japes, Poke Floats, Rainbow Cruise

Stages for Doubles:

Neutrals: Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium, Kongo Jungle 64
Counterpick: Same as Melee singles.

Each player/team is allowed to ban up to 1 stage. This can be ANY stage.
Each player/team is permitted 1 stage strike. This means that they can reset the match within the first few seconds after it was randomly chosen. You cannot stage strike a counterpicked stage.

Brawl Rules:

- Items are turned OFF
- Each match will be set to 3 stock
- The time limit for each match will be 7 minutes.
- If the timer runs out, the winner is determined by stock. If the stocks are even, the match is restarted on the same stage with one stock for each player.
- If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
- Metaknights infinite cape glitch is banned.
- DDD's infinite standing chaingrab is banned.
- Any grab->release->regrab tactic is banned.
- Any tactic that is used to excessively stall a match is banned.

Stages for Singles and Doubles:

Neutrals: Final Destination, Battlefield, Smashville, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Lylat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpick: Delfino Plaza, Corneria, Brinstar, Halberd, Norfair, Pictochat, Pirate Ship, Luigi's Mansion, Frigate Orpheon, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Castle Siege

Each player/team is allowed to ban up to 2 stages. These can be 2 of ANY stage.
Each player/team is permitted 1 stage strike. This means that they can reset the match within the first few seconds after it was randomly chosen. You cannot stage strike a counterpicked stage.

--------------------------------------

Ok guys, lets hype this **** up! Bring everyone, I want this place to be packed!

Melee and Brawl can and will co-exist. ;) Don't let this game die.....

Bring everyone and their mama. And setups could help too.

Codi

Smash Ace
what does it mean by DDD's infinate standing chain grab do u mean against like a wall?

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
@ Korp: I'm not sure about that, I'll get back to you.

@ Codi: No.... DDD can chaingrab certain characters in place, like DK or Bowser, infinitely.

Eaode

Smash Champion
How many TVs do you guys have? Dayum, 4 tourneys in one day, gonna take awhile. Hopefully you guys have better AC now?

If I go I could bring a 'Cube and Melee.

How is this being run? Will there be tournaments upstairs AND in the basement simultaneously? If so is there any room for a tv for people to just play something for fun, say if someone brought GGAC or something...? (or smash of course)

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
I answered all these questions on AIM, but just to clarify for other people:

There's about 3-4 setups upstairs that will be used for tournament that the store is providing... however, there will be setups that people will bring that will be used both upstairs and downstairs for tournament as well as friendlies.

There is enough time to run all 4 tournaments. The brackets will be run by several people and this will get done.

I was there yesterday and their AC is much better than it was the last time.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
ILL $5 MM ANY WARIO BEST OF 5 TOURNEY RULES WITH MY

WOLF
DIDDY
SHEIK
PIKACHU
IKE
ROB
DONKEY KONG
MARIO
KIRBY

OR ALMOST ANY OTHER CHARACTER HELL ILL EVEN DO STUPID WARIO DITTOS LOL WHY AM I DOING ALL THESE CHARACTERS I DONT PLAY TO PROVE ONCE AND FOR ALL WARIO IS EZ AS HELL TO FIGHT AND TO PROVE THAT BLUE SHELL IS WRONG IF ANYONE WANTS TO LEARN HOW TO FIGHT WARIO WATCH MY MATCHES

Takers:

Eggm

Smash Hero
I invite anyone who only plays brawl to play melee at this until they land one throw to knee combo. If you do that an aren't fully satisfied and want to play melee, then so be it. But WAIT till you feel how good that feels. xD

Boxob

Smash Champion
I invite anyone who only plays brawl to play melee at this until they land one throw to knee combo. If you do that an aren't fully satisfied and want to play melee, then so be it. But WAIT till you feel how good that feels. xD
Lolol.

You should come to my ****ty tourney. True story.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5030274#post5030274

In fact, anyone who is coming to this for Melee should come to mine.

:093:

Ryan-K

Smash Master
yeah eggm LI is like the melee sector of NY boxob and blarfenzo signed up during the brawl craze but got bored of it and started melee

there are like 3 people who i wont name who do decent in brawl but would get their **** ***** in melee here lmao

anyway eggm if u show up lezz do some falco dittosss melee obv. im decent g money knows me :)

Boxob

Smash Champion
Actually, me and Blarf both played Melee first, and have been playing smash since 64. o:

I was excited for Brawl, but it sucked. So I used Sonic cause he was the fastest. Still too slow for me.

I suck at Falco dittos Dx. But otherwise my Falco's good, now.

I also play Jiggs, Falcon, and Yoshi O:

Come to my tourney.

:093:

-__-

Smash Ace
Ill come to this for sure just gata remind me >.> anyone wana money match send me a pm so we wont forget im still kinda new to brawl i use dedede/shiek/diddy kong/donkey kong...the whole roster but sonic ^^

SERIF

Smash Rookie
I'll come for brawl, kinda lost my skills in melee since brawl came out.
I can bring a tv, wii with brawl, and gamecube with melee if u'd like

dirty1

Smash Cadet
Im gonna be joining Serif. I too can bring a TV, a wii for brawl and a cube for melee. Did you find out if there is some kind of discount for bringing a setup?

And im not to good at brawl yet so i think ill stick to the melee.

cant wait!

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
im a fan of the anti-infinites rules, eli. shouldnt you change it to 'any grab release infinites are banned' though? i think ness has like 5 or 6 characters that can grab release infinite him now, i might be wrong.

i dont get the bowser klaw rule though, 1 stock sudden death seems more fair =/

wish i could come to this, but im back in college starting tuesday =/

have fun all

Eaode

Smash Champion
Well, I'm sorry to say I can't make it to this because my mom is being extremely anal about it (meaning she's covering for the fact that she doesn't want to drive me.)

So I can't go, unless by the 1% chance someone wants to give me a ride there and back (srsly any takers? I live in Glen Cove.)

Meh.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
@Dirty1 and Serif: I will get back to you on whether or not we can give discounts for bringing in setups... I will try my best to get them to do that for ya.

@Crismas: Awesome, I hope to seeya there.

@Patsie: I copied the bowser klaw rule from the regional brawl rules suggestion list thread in the regional zones forum in atlantic north. I think its kind of reasonable... I don't think there will be many bowser players anyway, lol. I will change the grab release infinite thing, thanks for the suggestion.

@Eaode: I might be able to find you a ride the day of the tournament. Just give me a call or something the day of, or the day before.

Top Bottom