• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ganon Site

Gleam

Smash Ace
http://www.freewebs.com/ganontechs/index.htm

Update: I've been wanting to put more information other than just the Ledge Dash Attack. However I didnt' want to make a whole new topic nor did I want to overload one page here. So I decided to make a quick website and put the information there.

It's pretty simplistic but I'll make it better eventually. Wasn't much on names and left it as that. I'll be putting more information in and if I'm wrong on anything, by all means correct me. And if somebody could give me a better title...I've got nothing.

It's about time Ganondorf got some attention.

Gleam

Smash Ace
Yeah, Snake got away. But Meta Knight, Olimar, Game and Watch, Donkey Kong.

All High, top tier-like characters. That's got to count for at least something.

Sliq

Smash Master
I assume you mean dash attack when you say rush a.

This is good information, but it really shouldn't ever work more than once on an opponent before they figure it out. It is easy to get around and easy to punish.

Gleam

Smash Ace
Dash attack...can't believe I couldn't remember that. I don't desearve to live.

Well I was watching some videos before doing the post, and I notice there was many times when an opponent would hang on the ledge and do nothing. Assuming they didn't want to get a face smacked full of counter attack. This made me believe that perhaps Ganondorf could use this Ledge Dash Attack on these characters.

But I can defintely see it only working a few times before the opponent gets the picture. However I was thinking that perhaps it could lead into, I guess not mindgames, but helpful attention to getting Ganondorf KOs.

There's 3 different ways to get off the ledge, with the addition of other things that go with them.

1. Get up Attack

2. Jump

3. Drop down

So assuming that a person knows Ganondorf can do a Ledge Dash Attack, They'll basically have to do something in that 1 second of invincibiliy frames. At high damages, while I'm not cetain on it, I feel someone would most likely just drop from the edge instead of doing a get up attack or jump since there's just too much lag on both of them.

So perhaps Ganondorf can force characters to fight on his turf, and do what he wants them to do and punish that.

Plus you can also do a Dtilt, which has more speed and less lag, so, in theory at least, it would be less punisable then the Dash attack.

But hey , what do I know...

Phazon Warrior

Smash Cadet
Don't forget about rolling.

While we are on the topic, I remember seeing the Dash Attack knock people downward when they are hanging on the ledge. Now does this work with certain characters?

Gleam

Smash Ace
Don't forget about rolling.

While we are on the topic, I remember seeing the Dash Attack knock people downward when they are hanging on the ledge. Now does this work with certain characters?
Yes, Rolling. I can't remember anything.

Actually I used the Ledge Dash Attack on Meta Knight on Battlefield, and the attack pretty much sent him at a very low trajectory. Not sure how other character would fair but I could easily find that out.
----

Also, does anyone think it might prove better to use the faster and less laggier Dtilt?

Gleam

Smash Ace
It seems this really screw Olimar on Battlefield. His trajecotry was upwards at Final Destination, but in Battlefield, its Low. This means that if you can connect Ledge Dash Attack, you can KO him as low as 40% That's with all pikmin btw.

40%...useful or not that's insane...

gojira345

Smash Apprentice
This sounds less usefull than it is, fortunately.

This will be good for people with good timing, nailing them just as invincability ends by hitting dash...cstick down at the same time a moment before.

Gleam

Smash Ace
Well its like Sliq said, if you hit them once with it, more than likely they'll see it comming and try to avoid it. But at the same time, that's where you can use it to your advantage. As I said before it takes about 1.5 seconds (give or take again) before your invincibility frames wear off.

There 4 different ways of leavng the edge, (Unless I'm missing another one)

1.Rolling

2.Ledge attack

3. Jumping

4.Dropping down.

All but the last have lag on them at some point of damage. So a person has 1.5 seconds to decide an action before you have the capability of doing a Ledge Dash Attack.

I think its less about actually connecting the attack, than it is to use the idea to help force your opponent into a move without giving them too much time to think.

Top Bottom