• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Ganonic Grimoire - Kongregation of Kings

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
I felt sorry for pwning all of the online Ganondorfs with my Sheik and Dunk Hunt Dog, so I created The Man. He will crush every puny Sheik and Rosalina, he will paste every Duck Hunt Dog and Bowser...He is:
Manondorf.JPG

Sorry for the low res.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I felt sorry for pwning all of the online Ganondorfs with my Sheik and Dunk Hunt Dog, so I created The Man. He will crush every puny Sheik and Rosalina, he will paste every Duck Hunt Dog and Bowser...He is:
View attachment 28160
Sorry for the low res.
If you encountered a Ganon with the name OMGrey, then that was me.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
For those of you who have been paying attention to the videos I've brought over to youtube, featuring Gungnir...it made my day to find this.

https://twitter.com/ganon_gungnir

I intend to play versus this guy, once we both have the Wii-U game. Not even going to bother worrying about lag, but hey, if it's not terrible, then I might have something entertaining to show.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
For those of you who have been paying attention to the videos I've brought over to youtube, featuring Gungnir...it made my day to find this.

I intend to play versus this guy, once we both have the Wii-U game. Not even going to bother worrying about lag, but hey, if it's not terrible, then I might have something entertaining to show.
Thank you. I intend to play him and beat him on the 3ds. You'll have to help me out in adding him. Let him know about my greatness.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion

I sent him a tweet. But yes, you are right. He is very well the best Ganondorf in Smash 4(Rivaled by @ Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm of course :)). I hope he battles me on the 3DS version too. As we do not have to wait until December to battle that way. Also Ray, he does speak some English, so I would suggest sending him a tweet regardless.

Twoyears

Smash Cadet
Is perfectly timed ledge grab to bair guaranteed? Sometimes it seems like my bair can't reach far enough.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Is perfectly timed ledge grab to bair guaranteed? Sometimes it seems like my bair can't reach far enough.
It's guaranteed on all but a few characters.

Thanks for the information @ Lozjam Lozjam . Sent him a tweet, If he responds get ready for some good sweet Ganon dittos (all of which I'll win, of course).

Last edited:

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
lmao I think he's scared of all you guys

外人怖いからマジやめてw

He responded with 'scary foreigners'

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
lmao I think he's scared of all you guys

外人怖いからマジやめてw

He responded with 'scary foreigners'
Maybe I should apologize and explain that it was my fault for bringing in a torrent of English speaking Ganon enthusiasts to his virtual doorstep.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I wonder if he is scared of us because we are white(ish. It's a racial stereotype to think English speakers are white and American). I understand that there is quite a bit of racism in Japan towards white people. He may just be scared. The great thing about Smashboards though, is everyone is used to cultural diversity. I wonder if we can convince him to join..... If so, he might warm up to us, and hit it off with other Japanese members here and get used to English so he's not scared anymore. Than we will have him worship our master, and he will become one of us.

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I wonder if he is scared of us because we are white(ish. It's a racial stereotype to think English speakers are white and American). I understand that there is quite a bit of racism in Japan towards white people.
WATCH OUT JAPAN, AMERICA'S RUNNING WILD WITH THE 24 INCH PYTHONS DUDEBROTHERJACK

1393018774546.gif

Last edited:

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Has anyone compiled a list of what moves you can hit each character with after a non-teched Flame Choke?

Dr. Krumm

Smash Apprentice
So after ages of floundering around with Lemmy, Sonic, and Dr. Mario, I tried out Ganon and immediately figured out he fit like a glove. I've been dominating on For Glory with him. Only issue I've had is fighting Greninja - it's been nearly impossible to get in on him. Any advice there?
One of my friends main Greninja, so I have quite a lot of experience against this guy.

Greninja will essentialy to 2 things, either spam projectiles, or come at you with F-Air och N-air. If he spams projectiles and tries to outcamp you, powershield or roll towards and see what he does and try to counter it.

If Greninja chooses to play agressively you can easily bait him or even challenge some of his moves. Every time he F-Airs your shield you can either grab him or punish him with D-Tilt depending on how he spaced the F-Air. N-Air is a little more tricky I've found, typically he will AC N-Air on your shield and follow up with another quick move, most often grab or jab. However you have a tight window where you actually can grab him right after his N-Air, however this window is tight.

Edge guarding is super important, remember that Greninjas recovery only has a wind box, meaning you can easily read it and just KO him while he's recovering. Ganon super wrecks Greninja off-stage, use this to your advantage!

And as always, you're playing Ganon, it's all about the reads. Find patterns and punish. If Greninja nails you with some crazy U-Air string and deals tons of damage (and this will happen, believe me), don't be discouraged! You can easily even it out in a couple of hits.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Many of you have probably already noticed this. Palutena has the same archetype as Ganondorf, and she's the only one. I've noticed this while playing around with her, her movement and even her playstyle became very Ganon-like for me (so much so that I may decide picking her up if she doesn't end up on the lower end of the tier scale).

Captain Falcon does not share the same archetype as Ganondorf. He does, however, share similar functioning move designs and hitboxes.

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Ray is exactly right. Ganon and Palutena are now probably my two best characters overall.

They are both terrible in the neutral, but have similar movement and punish patterns that let them exploit the non-neutral as much as possible.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
It's weird how stuff like that works out. In Brawl, Wolf was closer to Link in play-style than Toon Link and Link.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Huh, I'll have to give Palutena a look then.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Ray is exactly right. Ganon and Palutena are now probably my two best characters overall.

They are both terrible in the neutral, but have similar movement and punish patterns that let them exploit the non-neutral as much as possible.
They do have some important fundamental differences though.

Palutena has a greater focus on regular grabs and staying out of traps on default settings. In a way, Palutena relies more heavily on standard running up and guessing that you'll shield or do something else, and Teleport is a good tool for getting back to neutral.

Ganon is a bit more of a true grappler who is expected to get bashed around as he guesses his way in and out of trouble, but packs just enough moves to counter popular spacing options for REAL SOVIET DAMAGE especially with Rage comebacks.

Last edited:

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Maybe. What character were you and did my tag show as OldManG... (OldManGrey)?

Mainly Ganon, iirc

View attachment 28574
I think I fought a Xinc in FG a few weeks ago. I think.
Possibly, then. I dunno your username, but I gotta relieve some stress after grad school. I swear, I'm really going to Warlock Punch someone. Forget about Falcon Punching, my rage is unreal. What's your username again?

Last edited:
Top Bottom