• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Can anyone explain to me how the hell does side special work? It seems to be able to do 3 things, up in air, down towards ground and a slide with additional kick.
Her side special works in many different ways. Allow me to list them for your viewing pleasure~

• If used on the ground and the button is not held, Bayonetta simply slides along the ground, and that's the end of it.
  • If used on the ground and the button IS held, Bayonetta will fire her heel guns as she slides, and end the slide with a kick upwards, which can be followed up with an aerial attack or a Witch Twist.
  • If used in the air, Bayonetta will kick at an upwards angle. If you hit someone with this attack, you can immediately follow it up with another side special, which can also be reversed.
  • If used in the air after pressing down to fast fall, Bayonetta will instead kick at a downwards angle, which can also be followed up with another side special.
Any further questions~?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't know where people got the idea that Shovel Knight was gonna be included in Smash but at least we don't have to worry about that anymore at least.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Her side special works in many different ways. Allow me to list them for your viewing pleasure~

• If used on the ground and the button is not held, Bayonetta simply slides along the ground, and that's the end of it.
  • If used on the ground and the button IS held, Bayonetta will fire her heel guns as she slides, and end the slide with a kick upwards, which can be followed up with an aerial attack or a Witch Twist.
  • If used in the air, Bayonetta will kick at an upwards angle. If you hit someone with this attack, you can immediately follow it up with another side special, which can also be reversed.
  • If used in the air after pressing down to fast fall, Bayonetta will instead kick at a downwards angle, which can also be followed up with another side special.
Any further questions~?
Thanks a bunch! I could never get Ryu's red fire ball no matter how hard I tried w/o doing it by accident rarely but if I have to then I'll practice even harder with Bayonetta's Side B tilted Down....which doesn't sound as hard, really.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Thanks a bunch! I could never get Ryu's red fire ball no matter how hard I tried w/o doing it by accident rarely but if I have to then I'll practice even harder with Bayonetta's Side B tilted Down....which doesn't sound as hard, really.
All you have to do in order to use Bayonetta's aerial Side B at a downwards angle is jump, press down on the control stick to fast fall, and then use Side B before you hit the ground. If you short hop, it might be hard, but at the height of Bayonetta's jumps, it should be rather easy.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Bayonetta looks so evil here. Hahahahaha.

Hinata Hinata Down BEFORE Side B? Gosh that doesn't sound difficult anymore!!! Cheers man.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I haven't even started on Bayonetta 2 yet because I'm still playing through the first one that came with it, which I'm having a hard time on that due to the countless number of times I ended up dying.

If I can't get past the first one, then I might as well start on the second and go from there.
I really reccomend just tuning down the difficulty on Bayo 1, it -is- very hard. Bayo 2 is more forgiving with the witch-time.
If you can buy the bat upgrade, do it as soon as you can, otherwise... just enjoy the game.

The stories are strongly pulled together, I would finish the first, before starting the second, otherwise you might miss how -big- of a thing you currently actually play.

Alter Requiem

Red Panties Ambassador
NNID
AlterRequiem
Its essentially regular hadouken, you shouldnt have to get that precise with the stick unless youre doing some crazy combo

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Decided to search miiverse and it didn't take long to find anything Bayonetta related, with far more than I expected from Japan.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Getting more hyped for Bayonetta. Bought bayonetta 2, today. Gotta get more familiar with the character, as I really wanna play with her in febuary. I love me some combo charakters

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
All my friends agree Bayonetta was easily the best DLC addition
This is why I always ever wanted characters based on move set potential, not "iconicness'/relevancy/history/impact ect although they are extra good things. Bayonetta had a lot of potential indeed.

Also, I wonder how much youtube vids like the 2 popular videos by Watch Mojo (1 outright saying they want Bayonetta in Smash THE most) which had tons of views impacted the votes.
Getting more hyped for Bayonetta. Bought bayonetta 2, today. Gotta get more familiar with the character, as I really wanna play with her in febuary. I love me some combo charakters
You should get B1 too and play that first if you haven't already.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Reccomending playing 1 first, or atleast watch a let's play.
... really, it's -really- reccomended.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
All righty, will do so! I started playing it years ago, but didn't finish it because i had other stuff to do. Gives me a reason to fire my PS3 back up, again ^^

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
What is commonly considered 100% in a Bayo game? Do I need to get PP on all chapters/difficulties to truly 100% them? Plz no ;-;

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I have a little question: What does Bayonetta says when she uses Bat Within against Dark Pit in the trailer?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bhlpj4F2lQ&feature=youtu.be&t=128
I believe she said "almost" followed by "ta-taa".
What is commonly considered 100% in a Bayo game? Do I need to get PP on all chapters/difficulties to truly 100% them? Plz no ;-;
Do how much you can/want to do. In any game, forcing yourself to do what don't like or seems too hard for your skill level isn't good imo.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I had some leftover money from when I bought Cloud, and the discount on the first Bayonetta was still valid from when I bought Bayo 2, so now I'm gonna play through the first game.

Gotta get my fix somehow~

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
Stoked that Bayo is in. I was watching her opening trailer thinking, "Wait, I recognize that accent... YOOOOOOOOOOO! YES!"

Shadedgamer

Smash Rookie
NNID
ParadoxGremlin
I'm Planning to Main Bayonetta alongside My Boy shulk, I can't ditch him for my most wanted because he's from my favourite game, bayonetta is from my second favourite game :D

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I'm adding her to my list of 5 mains. It's been a looong search for the 5th main. TBH Dedede & Palutena are closer to secondaries but I just call them mains since it's easier. Bayonetta might be my best main, or my 3rd or something - I shall see.

Shadedgamer

Smash Rookie
NNID
ParadoxGremlin
Yeah I secondaried Pikachu and Kirby BUT THEN I HEARD HER VOICE. AS SOON AS I HEARD HER VOICE I KNEW, and that is where my second main came in, sorry Pika, Sorry Kirby but you guys are dropped hard

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
No! You enjoy cloud, till she comes out!
I sure as hell will, but two months is still far away from playing the baddest ***** in Smash. Her and Cloud both will be in my top 5 for sure. Rosalina is getting dropped so hard when she comes out.

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Stoked that Bayo is in. I was watching her opening trailer thinking, "Wait, I recognize that accent... YOOOOOOOOOOO! YES!"
That's exactly how I first reacted. Then I saw her heels and was like "holy **** Sakurai did it! I now have a new main!". She was one of the characters that I voted for and I thought she was just a pipedream (not because of her lewdness).

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
A question about Bayonetta: is she a third party? Platinum Games' name didn't appear on the company list at the end of the direct, so i'm guessing she's Sega, correct me if i'm wrong.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I've just realized something...

Something that felt a bit off, yet perfect...

Bayonetta have actually human proportions in Smash.

She is not a noodle human anymore.

Last edited:

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Does anyone else find Bayonetta's approach to sexuality way more appealing than Zero Suit Samus's? When Bayonetta struts around the stage like a supermodel she's just so funny and cool about it. It's her personality. When Zero Suit Samus walks around in a skin-tight suit, she just comes off as dull to me. While I used to be a Zero Suit Samus main in Brawl, I've become increasingly apathetic about maining her in Smash 4. Bayonetta I'm incredibly hyped about though.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Does anyone else find Bayonetta's approach to sexuality way more appealing than Zero Suit Samus's? When Bayonetta struts around the stage like a supermodel she's just so funny and cool about it. It's her personality. When Zero Suit Samus walks around in a skin-tight suit, she just comes off as dull to me. While I used to be a Zero Suit Samus main in Brawl, I've become increasingly apathetic about maining her in Smash 4. Bayonetta I'm incredibly hyped about though.
Well, despite being in a tight suit, Samus' goal isn't to be sexy. Of course, her design makes her sexy and all, not to mention her ability to crawl ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) But Samus is still a serious character.

It's weird seeing her with those short legs tbh
It is weird, absolutely. Yet, it works very well.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Well, despite being in a tight suit, Samus' goal isn't to be sexy. Of course, her design makes her sexy and all, not to mention her ability to crawl ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) But Samus is still a serious character
Exactly. This is why Zero Suit Samus' existence is so jarring for lots of people.

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
Any idea if Bayonetta is still voiced by Hellena Taylor in Smash? I swear she sounds way different in the trailer than in her games. Most of the time her voice is much more low pitched than I remember.

Top Bottom