• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GITG Crisis thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i don't even know.

i just don't even know.

if it wasn't alcohol, and i just had 20 people in the basement, i think it COULD have been comparatively okay. But there was alcohol. and i had to lie about the alcohol. They apparently know about the alcohol.

I guess we'll find out thursday.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
They know about it I think because someone overheard the RA's getting the cops for "noise violation" and alcohol.

I didn't know that detail until after you lied about it though. =(

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
idk. all i know is that i'm a straight A student on scholarship who ran a tournament for a gamecube game that came out 10 years ago.

and now i'm being threatened with expulsion.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I think you can talk your way out of a couple of those though.

Did we not keep it down when we were told anyway? I feel like all they're really nailing you on is the alcohol.

UrHeartzDzire

Smash Cadet
personally i think that the middle 3 just piggy back off each other....

thinking that he lied about the alcohol, which isn't supposed to be consumed out in the open on campus, which therefore "affects the community"

plz stop stressing. they'll let you stay....

i'm still saying lie like **** tho

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Now is not the time, Smith.

Best thing to do is try and explain to them about what happened immediately.

gawd, this is what i get for not paying attention when i type lol

Moophobia

Smash Champion
Well chris you weren't even apart of buying or drinking the alcohol so I don't see how they could do anything except like slap you on the wrist. Hope everything works out.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
holy ****. chris you definitely better get yourself a good *** story put together. i don't think they'll kick you out, seeing as how you were not the one consuming the alcohol and can say you were ignorant to the fact that it was there. i don't see how they could expel you for something they have no proof of lolz

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
wait.... could Chris potentially get expelled from college because of something dumb people did?

I hope things get better man. I'm sorry if you have to pay the price because of a few idiots in this community.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i don't think so. if i didn't show up to the meeting and pissed them off enough, maybe. but given the situation, and given my speech abilities, and no prior offenses, i don't think there's any way i can be kicked out.

i do think its a good thing I've been a model student thus far though.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
i don't think so. if i didn't show up to the meeting and pissed them off enough, maybe. but given the situation, and given my speech abilities, and no prior offenses, i don't think there's any way i can be kicked out.

i do think its a good thing I've been a model student thus far though.
That's good bro. when is the meeting? or did u already have it?

lol smith, why are u acting like u knew he would not get expelled?

edit: black chris. i never really read what happened. who was drinking/ smoking weed? and who called the cops on y'all? and what lies did u tell them?

/clueless

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
meeting is thursday.

there were a few people drinking. who they are isn't really important. i told the cops and RA that i didn't know there was any drinking, and that the tournament didn't have any money on the line.

Aznseal

Smash Apprentice
Chris, it's easy.

They didn't mention gambling in the letter so don't mention it. Don't even mention money. Say it was a smash fest. For the drinking, fake ingorance, and they they point out four loko, say "what? I thought it was like Monster or Nos, just any energy drink"

Easy

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
*shrugs*

Well if they don't have solid evidence that you had alcohol etc, then I guess you should be ok.

I'd handle this a different way but Good luck though. :)

edit: Not telling. It kinda goes against my character. :)

DJRome

Smash Hero
u were collecting money cause u bought the tvs and stuff and that was what u were collecting $ for.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Chris, it's easy.

They didn't mention gambling in the letter so don't mention it. Don't even mention money. Say it was a smash fest. For the drinking, fake ingorance, and they they point out four loko, say "what? I thought it was like Monster or Nos, just any energy drink"

Easy
uhhhh have u ever heard the saying " Ignorance of the law excuses no one."?

just cause he did not know, does not mean anything. If he got caught with it... best thing to do is NOT lie. If they have no evidence, then he should lie.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
MIKE WOULD YOU RAT ON *****Z

SAY IT AIN'T SO MIKE

say it ain't so

no dummy.

I'd probably come clean and humble my *** to them. Be super apologetic and pretty much beg them to stay and give in to their demands lol

He already got caught for lying. Why go further with that route? That's a dangerous game imo and if you really want to make sure your academic status in that school is safe, I wouldn't go that direction considering they might have a witness(RA?)

But Urheartz is right, don't say anything unless they ask you...well half right >_>

UrHeartzDzire

Smash Cadet
plz....call me dzire ;)

edit: but yeah, instead of saying "i thought it was an energy drink" say more of, "as stated, i was unaware of the drinking."
saying it was thought of as an energy drink just makes them think that you at least saw them with it.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
no dummy.

I'd probably come clean and humble my *** to them. Be super apologetic and pretty much beg them to stay and give in to their demands lol

He already got caught for lying. Why go further with that route? That's a dangerous game imo and if you really want to make sure your academic status in that school is safe, I wouldn't go that direction considering they might have a witness(RA?)

But Urheartz is right, don't say anything unless they ask you...well half right >_>
thank god there is someone in this thread with an IQ over 50 other than myself. I was getting worried.

UrHeartzDzire

Smash Cadet
i kinda guess my whole logic is that, be smart, but keep in mind that they can't tell you what you know.

you know what you know, and they can't say....oh you knew, blah blah blah. if you're not me, then how do you know i know stuff?

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I just read everything in this thread so far. Chris, I hope you don't get expelled, because you didn't really do anything to deserve it. Yeah, I know "university policy yadda yadda yadda", but policies and rules are bent all the time for rich, well-connected, or model students. Hopefully, the people in charge aren't stuck-up *****es and realize that you're a good guy.

This whole situation wasn't really anyone's fault in particular. NC was just being NC. Crazy **** happens all the time at our tourneys, it's just that this time around the venue wasn't particularly hospitable to NC shenanigans, I guess. From what I've read, it looked like the crisis just came about from a bunch of small risks adding up to something big. The drinking, the smoking, and the loud hype normally wouldn't result in a crisis. When you add the RA thing and the nature of the venue in general, though, the risks go over the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom