• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the good updates are back

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
Looks like the people that said updates were so crappy lately due to the delay were right.

First week of january, and we got back the good updates. :)

Just thought I'd share.

PS. Sorry for not posting this in one of the original topics, but I couldn't find them, not even with the search function.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
Looks like the people that said updates were so crappy lately due to the delay were right.

First week of january, and we got back the good updates. :)

Just thought I'd share.

PS. Sorry for not posting this in one of the original topics, but I couldn't find them, not even with the search function.
LMFAO, anything to do with Olimar is not a good update.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
LMFAO, anything to do with Olimar is not a good update.
regardless of who, character confirmation is a GREAT update. After everyone begging for a new character for so long, how can you possibly complain when we finally get one?

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
regardless of who, character confirmation is a GREAT update. After everyone begging for a new character for so long, how can you possibly complain when we finally get one?
Olimar is out of place, I actually liked Pikmin. He is not a fighter and has no place in a fighting game other than as a punching bag.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Olimar is out of place, I actually liked Pikmin. He is not a fighter and has no place in a fighting game other than as a punching bag.
Well... that's like... just your opinion dude.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
and let me guess, captain falcon is a fighter right? and what about peach? SMB 2? gimme a break, and Zelda? when did she do any fighting lately?

I can go on about this...

and who would you prefer? Geno and Rideley right? **** fanboys everywhere.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
Well... that's like... just your opinion dude.
Yes, every non-factual piece of information is someone's opinion. Was it neccessary to use a water is wet statement?

Look, I realize most of the people on these boards hate me, but if you're going to criticize me at least do it in a way where it actually you know *criticizes me* and doesn't make a fool of yourself.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
and let me guess, captain falcon is a fighter right? and what about peach? SMB 2? gimme a break, and Zelda? when did she do any fighting lately?

I can go on about this...

and who would you prefer? Geno and Rideley right? **** fanboys everywhere.
Those are respected game characters however who have much more plausible movesets than Olimar does. Olimar is a piece of crap you peel off the sidewalk after stepping on.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
Yes, every non-factual piece of information is someone's opinion. Was it neccessary to use a water is wet statement?

Look, I realize most of the people on these boards hate me, but if you're going to criticize me at least do it in a way where it actually you know *criticizes me* and doesn't make a fool of yourself.
Ok ill give it a try .... your an itiot. If you dont have anything decent to say then dont say it at all. I think your mommy needs to take away your internet priveleges, your obviously not mature enough yet.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Those are respected game characters however who have much more plausible movesets than Olimar does. Olimar is a piece of crap you peel off the sidewalk after stepping on.
lol -10 for ****ty bashing techs

anyways olimar imo doesnt belong in SSBB because he looks akward and doesnt portray any real fighting ability but thats just imo, im glad to see a new char finaly so wth wheee olimar >_>

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
lol -10 for ****ty bashing techs

anyways olimar imo doesnt belong in SSBB because he looks akward and doesnt prtray any real fighting ability but thats just imo, im glad to see a new char finaly so wth wheee olimar >_>
Meh, we could have did worse...I don't think Snake belongs in either. I don't mind that much that Olimar got in, I just think there are far more interesting characters than wasting a slot on a miniature spaceman.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Meh, we could have did worse...I don't think Snake belongs in either. I don't mind that much that Olimar got in, I just think there are far more interesting characters than wasting a slot on a miniature spaceman.
lol agreed i think they should have spent time on getting megaman in and not lil olimar bah ..nintendo and thier logic

Shuma

Smash Hero
I like the Irony in this statement. Also:

Those are respected game characters however who have much more plausible movesets than Olimar does.
First, Cap'n Falcon wasn't when Smash 64 was released, second Olimar has a more plausible moveset than Peach, Zelda, Yoshi and Cap'n Falcon.

Olimar is a piece of crap you peel off the sidewalk after stepping on.
Says who? you? Ah ok. Not like your opinion matters when the whole world dissagrees with you.

lol agreed i think they should have spent time on getting megaman in and not lil olimar bah ..nintendo and thier logic
Why is Olimar suddenly figthing for a spot with Megaman? You do know Olimar is First Party... right?

The Red M

Smash Apprentice
This went from a discussion about the return of good updates to pro-olimar VS. anti-olimar arguments. If this doesn't stop the mods are going to close this thread.

Luigi player

Smash Master
That was my thought exactly... but now that he's confirmed I think it's not that bad I guess... I love how he has a completely new playing style. And every character update is awesome :)

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero

First, Cap'n Falcon wasn't when Smash 64 was released, second Olimar has a more plausible moveset than Peach, Zelda, Yoshi and Cap'n Falcon.

Says who? you? Ah ok. Not like your opinion matters when the whole world dissagrees with you.

Why is Olimar suddenly figthing for a spot with Megaman? You do know Olimar is First Party... right?

kk first off dont try to say someones oppinon is wrong then try to replace it with yoru own....second i didnt say he was fighting for a spot your just twisting my words to make yourself sound smarter...all i said was i WISH they had done other thigns ...and that i accpet that they didnt...

I.T.P

Smash Ace
your post just shows you can't be taken seriously. Olimar is a hero of 2 succesfull and original Shigi made gamecube games. C. falcon is what? one out of 36 F-Zero characters that none of have anything whatsoever to do with fighting? while olimar could actually kill things himself in pikmin 2(it was even a viable strategy for keeping your pikmin safe).

the size argument doesn't work, smash characters are living trophies, thus they have a certain degree of proportions in their sizes.

and also, a one time side character for an RPG game that haven't appeared anywhere for over a decade, and a metroid boss that has no proportions, no consistent attacks and no personality other than the fact that he's allways where the space pirates are, are better characters than olimar and the pikmin? how so?

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Great updates this week, I was starting to worry they would continue to suck but great week.

To all the Olimar haters, well atleast the one that is like "omg his bad cuz he doesnt haf a swordz stupid spacepersonz" I say this:

Read the sig and stop your *****in.

Shuma

Smash Hero
ol agreed i think they should have spent time on getting megaman in and not lil olimar bah .
What is that supposed to mean then? Olimar is not Third Party, so nintendo didn't "spend time" getting him, secondly Megaman is as deconfirmed as Sonic was when Mr. Sega said "it isn't in the cards at the moment".

metroid boss that has no proportions, no consistent attacks and no personality other than the fact that he's allways where the space pirates are
Wow... that's very ignorant of you to say. Ridley does have a personality. But whatever i'm too lazy to get into a Ridley for brawl argument right now.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman

Dude, I doubt you even know what irony means...

That is very debateable.

Yeah, because popularity determines truthfulness. :/

My IQ is vastly superior to yours so stop getting in these petty squabbles with me. I will gracefully accept criticism if it is thought out and somewhat constructive.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
What is that supposed to mean then? Olimar is not Third Party, so nintendo didn't "spend time" getting him, secondly Megaman is as deconfirmed as Sonic was when Mr. Sega said "it isn't in the cards at the moment".
didn't "spend time"

so your telling me they didnt need to do any programming to put him in brawl wow thats cool :D

YoshiAngemon

Smash Cadet
You were expecting maybe Bomberman, to throw a bomb into Wario's Mouth, only to damage him from the inside for what he did on Bomber Planet?

Shuma

Smash Hero
How 'bout you give me facts of why Olimar doesn't fit in Brawl?

My IQ is vastly superior to yours so stop getting in these petty squabbles with me.
Oh no, I'm Sorry, i didn't know. I-i will never speak to you again, please forgive me.

Edit:

"so your telling me they didnt need to do any programming to put him in brawl wow thats cool :D"

No. However, comparing him to Megaman and saying that thei "spent time" getting him, does imply that you meant "aquiring" the rights for the character, but if that's not what you mean, then ok. My bad.

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
actually the good updates came back when they updated this.

NotGiratina

Smash Apprentice
My IQ is vastly superior to yours so stop getting in these petty squabbles with me. I will gracefully accept criticism if it is thought out and somewhat constructive

Don't flatter yourself,every human is foolish in one way or another.It's funny you bring IQ up like it's important seeing as it's an innacurate measure of intelligence.:laugh:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Well I think we are talking about more then one in one week (I am anyway)

I remember that was the first good one in awhile, what was the rest of the week for that one?

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
My IQ is vastly superior to yours so stop getting in these petty squabbles with me. I will gracefully accept criticism if it is thought out and somewhat constructive
Proofread:
My IQ is vastly superior to yours, so stop getting into these petty squabbles with me. I will gracefully accept criticism if it is thought out and somewhat constructive.

Furthermore, your opinion is from a philosophical standpoint meaningless and null, since the larger social strata fails to accept it. Further pressing of the opinion would result in scathing remarks, rather than the agreement you instinctively sought after. From an artistic and design standpoint, your opinion is uneducated, base, and generally wrong when pressed as strongly as you are pressing it. I could go on to list the reasons, but I'm sure your superior IQ doesn't have time to be bothered with such primitive concepts as "logic" and "structured debate," let alone "academic and professional principals of design."

Back on track -- Yeah, this week rocked something hard.

Top Bottom