• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GP Affairs Ep. 2 "Remember Me? Brian Rules So Much!"

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Anyone with finals johns, study early!
Use this as an opportunity to come out, have a lot of fun and take a load off before a big stressful week. It's a great date if you think about it. :)

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Last time I talked to count (nope's) he said he probably wasn't coming to this because of finals. Thanks so much caleb. I'll message count next time I see him on aim to see if he changed his mind about coming though.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Unless Hilt/Crash leaves out early Saturday morning, I won't be able to make this. I HAVE to attend job training late friday.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
My car is fifty fifty at this point. I want to go to TYM and support Cleveland, but on the other hand it's further away and snowy this time of year. Not to mention Sole's house has cats.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Unless Hilt/Crash leaves out early Saturday morning, I won't be able to make this. I HAVE to attend job training late friday.
We'll be leaving early Saturday morning, which is what we usually do. We usually don't leave the day before except on special occasions.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Caleb's finding a good mid point between "How much I want to play this character" and "How much I want to win with this character". Which is a good thing to do, lol.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
$5 MK ditto sure.

If I have the money.
$5 Mario ditto MM and then we can $5 MK ditto MM, otherwise it will be a $1 MK ditto MM. D:<

I understand that what Caleb is doing is a good thing. But Mario is a dying breed, his metagame has pretty much stopped. (I know I'm not doing anything for it currently, that's for sure, and from what I've read on the Mario boards nothing has changed...) It's cool that Caleb wants to do better, I really understand that, I've dabbled with secondaries too.

Caleb, don't let yourself drop Mario completely!!!!!! (Unless he gets banned like I'm pushing for)

Calebyte

Smash Lord
I'm not dropping Mario at all, but I think that picking up other characters and better understanding how the game works will make me a better player overall, give me better options in tournies, and I'll be better able to push Mario's metagame forward. Plus, if I don't force myself to play Marth in bracket, I'll never get better with him.

Also, have you seen all the stuff I've been doing on the Mario boards lately?
I'm definitely committed to pulling Mario's metagame out of the rut it's been in.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I actually didn't see the Resource Thread, but I guess that's new.

And you have been doing awesome things for Mario's metagame, damn. That will definitely help new players. I need to write more things about awesome moves that are underused... lol.

But with less Mario players playing in tournament, we're still not going to find new playstyles or gimmicks that are effective in high-level play. :/ So hopefully I can figure out some stuff here.

Top Bottom