• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Graceful Relic Melody: Meloetta Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Not as a former advocate for Crusade, but as a Smash fangame player in general, I have to say Crusade. Sure it lacks a walk/run (there is only one speed), but it feels much more fluid.

I tried Wario in both; Crusade makes Wario just feel natural to me in comparison to Flash 2.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
One thing that bothered me about Crusade was the roster choice. There were several Nintendo characters I'd expected like Zelda, Bowser, Olimar and Pit to be there. But instead I see nine 3rd Party chars and Goku. Is wanting anime characters, specifically Goku Naruto and Ichigo from popularity or just the devs being biased?

:phone:

D

Deleted member

The Roster is not finished, and gets added on to with every update. Of the 80 planned characters, all of the Veterans from Brawl (as well as Mewtwo and Roy) are going to be a part of it.

jigglover

Smash Lord
There are still 150ish pokémon in generation 5, what makes you so sure that it will be one of those two?
I'm not a fan of Zoroark either, especially considering how incredibly rare it is in Black&White, barely even existed in-game. It just seems that because it was in a pokémon movie, just like Mewtwo and Lucario before it and was one of the first of its generation to be revealed(like Lucario), there's a good chance that it'll be the one in the game.

While OP certainly made the character a lot more interesting than I thought of it originally, the pokémon itself looks rather bland.
They're the only other 5th gens with any kind of popularity. Victini has had a movie, and Meloetta is consistent in the anime.
Also, wasn't Munchlax/Bonsly the first 4th gens introduced? With their cameos in XD, and XD was before Lucario's movie. Was that when he was released or what? Because if so, I WANT MUNCHLAX IN SMASH BROS.!

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
They're the only other 5th gens with any kind of popularity. Victini has had a movie, and Meloetta is consistent in the anime.
Also, wasn't Munchlax/Bonsly the first 4th gens introduced? With their cameos in XD, and XD was before Lucario's movie. Was that when he was released or what? Because if so, I WANT MUNCHLAX IN SMASH BROS.!
That's why I said among the first, not the first one.

And yes, Munchlax for Smash Bros indeed!

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
The thing is though, is that people are quite simply expecting Zoroark, and Zoroark might quite obviously be unfeasible to Sakurai, sue to the implementation of his illusion ability, the thing that makes him unique. Game-freak might be pushing for a fifth-gen rep in, and this would be either Victini or meloetta most likely. I doubt I'll see a garbodor i smash 4. :troll: Of these two, Meloetta will be more favourable. And that is a fact. It has a useful gimmick for Sakurai to use, Victini has V-create, as do Rayquaza, and others.
Don't keldo and genesect have a movie coming out, not to mention they're the new pokemon and are currently downloadable.

D

Deleted member

Zoroark was clearly an attempt by GameFreak at duplicating Lucario's success at acheiving popularity through a movie despite not being Legendary.
It failed to become the next Lucario. Still, it is considered one of the most likely and plausible candidates of the newer Pokemon.

Victini is no slouch either, with getting a boost due to being Masuda's favorite Pokemon, which could potentially influence Sakurai if he goes to GameFreak on any newer Pokemon to consider. However, its support died down shortly after its movie, possibly because the initial feelings of it being a potential character faded away, and thus Victini became a "Flavor of the Month".

Meloetta is the next Flavor of the Month after Victini, due to Keldeo's overall lack of support as a playable character and due to the anime, where it became a recurring character for an arc.
However, like Victini, this is fading away, especially now that Meloetta's part is over. To be fair though, it never really got off the ground like Victini did.

Now we move on to the clear choice for the next Flavor of the Month, Genesect.
What is most interesting about this one is, it had been revealed and has events for it numerous months PRIOR to its movie, so its clear that GameFreak is trying to hype it and keep its popularity high. So while it may end up being a Flavor of the Month....it's going to be a very long "month".

So, if a newer Pokemon is to be added, it's going to be between Zoroark, who didn't quite fall into FotM status, and Genesect.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm afraid that you have officially spoken the truth Golden. Genesect will most likely win this round in the near future. In the meantime, I'll meet a friend of mine's and try to trade for his Meloetta.

:phone:

jigglover

Smash Lord
Well, the roster has already been decided before Genesect's flavour of the month, and during or at the end of Meloetta's. Genesect's burst of popularity is kind of a bit late, and Meloetta's at exactly the right time.

D

Deleted member

Here's why that statement is crap.

A) We don't know if the roster had been decided yet. We have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA where in development the game is at this point.
B) Genesect actually had been somewhat popular prior to its revealing. Moreso than Meloetta, at the very least.
C) As I said, Meloetta hasn't really gotten off the ground like Victini had. So even IF the Roster had been decided already, that would automatically make Zoroark the most likely choice if any newer Pokemon were to get in.
D) Its not like the roster is set in stone. Remember that Sonic was added late into Brawl's roster after it had already been "decided". And numerous characters that have been "decided" were scrapped for various reasons. So EVEN IF Sakurai decided upon say, Zoroark or Meloetta, it could easily change with Genesect's recentness and upcoming movie if it gets a noticeable push.
And Melee, remember that the "decided" roster lacked the clones and had Dedede instead.
AND 64, with Bowser, Dedede, and Mewtwo (and possibly others).

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
I just realized something..... Meloetta could end up being a Zelda/Sheik clone! If the developers wanted to, the Aria forme could use similar psychic attacks to Zelda, while the pirouette forme would use close combat attacks like Sheik!

Kind of a weird thought to think about. I'm not saying that would happen for sure, since it very easily could be avoided. I'm just pointing out an unlikely possibility

Lazurwolf

Smash Apprentice
no thank you. Throw Meloetta to the dumps. Take Jigglypuff with you too while you're at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom