• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Great Yoshi Ditto Extravaganza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Round Robin is nice and all but I kinda feel like once we have top 3 or 4 we should do a bracket maybe depending how many we get similar to pools having top X get out.

Meta_Yoshi

Smash Cadet
Finally I get to see what I can do, seems like the few Yoshi's I come across on (For Glory) are all garbage.....

I don't know my nnid I'll have to check when I get home, but you can put me down for sure.

One more thing, since I don't have a Skype would just my email be ok?

Scatz

Smash Champion
Idk how garbage one can be when they're busy using a Lenny face LMAO!

AirJay

Smash Amatuer
NNID
jordaniscold
3DS FC
0877-0255-3596
NNID: jordaniscold

Only person im worried about is raptor the rest of this will be free :)

Last edited:

1hipG33K

Smash Cadet
NNID
1hipG33K
3DS FC
2294-5791-6012
I'm in on this! Won't be top boss, but maybe a general? Lieutenant? I don't know which is better...

NNID:1hipG33K

Side note: Been competing under the name hirYOSHIma

AirJay

Smash Amatuer
NNID
jordaniscold
3DS FC
0877-0255-3596
If you play the same as you did in brawl then i will have the same problems as before lol couldn't deal with someone more aggro than me

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
You could have checked your Skype friends list!
I don't really touch Skype anymore but: C-los808
But I'm lazy.

Round Robin is nice and all but I kinda feel like once we have top 3 or 4 we should do a bracket maybe depending how many we get similar to pools having top X get out.
Yeah. This got a lot more activity than expected. I'll probably need to change the schedule or formatting a bit so it doesn't take 20 weeks to finish.

Finally I get to see what I can do, seems like the few Yoshi's I come across on (For Glory) are all garbage.....

I don't know my nnid I'll have to check when I get home, but you can put me down for sure.

One more thing, since I don't have a Skype would just my email be ok?
The only REQUIREMENT is your NNID. Skype/Email/Facebook/Whatever is just for convenience, since it'll help to have alternate ways to contact people. You should consider getting a Skype anyways, so you can join the Yoshi chat!

I don't know what you're referring to. All I can see on this page is my trash talk and your filth.
Being able to see post history is hilarious. :awesome:

EarthRyno

Smash Cadet
NNID
EarthRyno
3DS FC
1521-4637-2514
I see there's a couple of 3DS users that are in. On that note, I too shall throw my saddle into the ring! :]

I should mention that my job has me traveling a lot so I may be on hotel wifi or my phone's hotspot depending on the schedule. :/ If anyone, I'm matchuped with, is randomly in Pittsburgh, Peoria, or Tunica while I'm there, I'll just play you in person. [:

FC is 1521-4637-2514. Can I be on the list now? :]

Last edited:

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
No WiiU access until March 1st. I'm in Cambodia I'm surprised I even have electricity. I'm happy to catch up when I get back.
I have my 3ds on me but the Internet here is not good and I prefer gc controller.
Not that I wouldn't win easily with a 3ds it's just a comfort thing.

Scatz

Smash Champion
YOOOO, now that's a guy who could rekt. GYK da best! -DEAD-

Don't worry Raptor. You just play and push buttons. Other Yoshi's like to push buttons, so the better button masher is obv gonna win. :awesome:

Last edited:

beethedesigner

Smash Cadet
NNID
beethedesigner
3DS FC
4570-7061-4596
Just to be clear, those aren't two separate NNIDs, are they? Your single NNID is beethedesigner/smile1902?
No, they're separate.
3DS: beethedesigner
Wii U: smile1902

Nintendo screwed me when they introduced Miiverse and the updated eShop and my country was NOT set to U.S.A. -_-

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I really wish I was allowed to join this amusing event, but I sadly won't be able to.
Ever since high school classes started my parents cut video games for me. I can only play during weekends now, and even if I participated the lag would ruin everything for me and my opponent.
Also, I only have the 3DS version. Didn't get the WiiU yet and probably won't get it until sometime in the future.

Scatz

Smash Champion
**Sees MetaKnight as your Brawl Icon**

Hope your B button is still functional :D

Meta_Yoshi

Smash Cadet
I actually had replace all my GC controllers this time around. Lol!
Having Yoshi as a main has slightly increased the controls life expectancy. ....

I'm actually not that impressive with Yoshi, my game mostly consists of Dash attacks, Nairs and jabs...
I'm hoping to see different playing styles and see what I can take from each one of them.
I just enjoy talking trash to stir up the pot!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I really wish I was allowed to join this amusing event, but I sadly won't be able to.
Ever since high school classes started my parents cut video games for me. I can only play during weekends now, and even if I participated the lag would ruin everything for me and my opponent.
Also, I only have the 3DS version. Didn't get the WiiU yet and probably won't get it until sometime in the future.
Feel free to give us your 3DS FC if you'd like! We have a couple people listing their 3DS codes, and I'm sure they'd be happy to play with you!

@ Meta_Yoshi Meta_Yoshi Please don't double post. I've merged your two posts together. If you need to add more content, use the edit function. :)

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Feel free to give us your 3DS FC if you'd like! We have a couple people listing their 3DS codes, and I'm sure they'd be happy to play with you!
Ummm... you do know it's listed right near my name...
And also in my signature...
It's 4227-1292-9283. If you guys want to endure real lag, I'm usually free during weekends (if my parents don't decide to cheat by dragging me to the mall.

I'm not even going to trash talk since I'm near rubbish and don't want to be hypocritical, and also because I won't partake in this tourney.

Last edited:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Ummm... you do know it's listed right near my name...
And also in my signature...
It's 4227-1292-9283. If you guys want to endure real lag, I'm usually free during weekends (if my parents don't decide to cheat by dragging me to the mall.

I'm not even going to trash talk since I'm near rubbish and don't want to be hypocritical, and also because I won't partake in this tourney.
Yes, but I'm not just going around and taking people's NNIDs/FCs. I'm not trying to force people into doing anything.

Sad to hear you won't be participating. :(

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Yes, but I'm not just going around and taking people's NNIDs/FCs. I'm not trying to force people into doing anything.

Sad to hear you won't be participating. :(
Sorry if I sounded hostile there, I was merely pointing out that I wouldnt be playing and I was annoyed by how hard it is to do anything here with a phone.
Dont be sad, I would've probably be eliminated immediatly. (Specially if it was Lukin. I play with him.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
@ Yoshi-hara Yoshi-hara Don't sweat it.

When is this happening? And is it single elimination? I have no idea how a round robin works.
This will be starting this weekend (Sunday). A Round Robin is basically a large pool of players, and everyone plays everyone else. The winner is the one with the best record, determined by set wins, W/L ratio, and head to head, if necessary. Round Robin is basically the furthest from single elimination you can get. There are tons of games to be played.

This got a lot bigger than I expected, so I'm considering doing 2 or 3 weeks of heavy round robins (multiple games per week) into a bracket of the top 4/6/8 players (exact number undecided). This is to prevent the tournament from taking a year or so to finish. This means you won't play EVERYONE in the tournament necessarily. I'm looking at getting everyone 6-8 sets in before going to bracket, so possibly top 8 is the goal.

Last edited:

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Who's ready for Raptor to do his dumb Fair things?
Part of the reason im not really liking smash 4 Yoshi much is because my dumb fair things don't work anymore :( Along with a lot of other baits. Rip

Edit: Also, delta you should keep it round robin and have everyone play everyone. Theres 16 entrants so that's 15 matches per player. You can set a time and make a Skype group with all the entrants, and then when it's time, have 5 matches played out on that day. Next week would be the same thing and the week after that would be the last round robin matches. Then you can do your bracket. Just a suggestion lol.

Edit Edit: If @~Firefly~ enters this and he tries to pick red Yoshi I will be a barbarian about it :awesome:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom