• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Greatest Smash Tutorials EVER!

alcheato

Smash Ace
lol I've actually done some of those combos from his Zelda tutorial in tournament. Don't be so hard on the guy though. He clearly likes Smash if he has some 200 videos; he's just not into the competitive scene. Besides, there's already plenty of people to flame him on youtube.

squaminator

Smash Ace
why would this thread be deleted? we all know that smashtom is so great, and we want to spread the news through this thread. +rep to eb360 and -rep to vwins

7ak

Smash Journeyman
Wow...........watching some of these guides made me feel 10x worse simply by watching these awful "combos". Wow.......wow........shine to u-smash to shine to f-smash.........wow.......wow.

Give him credit for learning this stuff on his own........but he really should visit this site instead of wasting his time on useless CPU combos.

Eggz

Smash Hero
The Falco Boot! OF COURSE! Why didn't I think of that as a ledgeguard!? I'm surprised to not see Battle At The Midway, the ultimate Luigi combo listed.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Personally I enjoy smashtom's vids. They are hilarious. I HIGHLY doubt they are meant to be serious. His technical skill is a little too refined for him to actually think those combos work. Even noobs know most of these combos dont work, I refuse to believe he's actually serious.

Kep

Smash Rookie
Personally I enjoy smashtom's vids. They are hilarious. I HIGHLY doubt they are meant to be serious. His technical skill is a little too refined for him to actually think those combos work. Even noobs know most of these combos dont work, I refuse to believe he's actually serious.
Ignorance >> tech skill.

On the bright side, we all know what not to do now!

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
Well....thats kind of sad. I never thought of using that Phantasm Spike though. But I doubt that would work on a human. Oh well. I don't think he desearves to be treated like this.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
I think from now on, I'll incorporate Peach Bomber into every single one of my combos. They seem to work very well against a wide range of opponents, especially when used in rapid succession.

But in all seriousness, I do think he is being flamed a bit too much X_x. Poor guy gets harassed so much on his video comments. Lol. Rather hilarious videos though. <3 Falco Boot.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Orly?

I LOVE his zelda tutorial, its genius!

the annoying grab.. OMG it's like the captain falcon is magnetically attracted to zelda's hands =]]] It's the best chainthrow ever!!

ang magic kicks. LOL =]

edit: THESE VIDS WERE INTENTIONALLY FUNNY! He said it in his falcon thread that he knew tech skill, but he wanted a change from the norm

B-Coz

Smash Rookie
I sorta knew most of em. Except for Samus, Good job. But U may have to reconsider for human players...

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
NECROE'D!!!!

Because this thread deserves it.

Who here rushed straight to their main? XD

So Darkatma. You're saying he CAN wavedash Shffl and all that? Maybe he's PcChris or Azen in disguise. That would be freaking awesome.

Orly?

I LOVE his zelda tutorial, its genius!

the annoying grab.. OMG it's like the captain falcon is magnetically attracted to zelda's hands =]]] It's the best chainthrow ever!!

ang magic kicks. LOL =]

edit: THESE VIDS WERE INTENTIONALLY FUNNY! He said it in his falcon thread that he knew tech skill, but he wanted a change from the norm
Thread?? He signed up?*searches*

Rou

Smash Rookie
I'm so afraid right now...

Based on his name and his little description of himself on youtube... I think I work with this guy! I'm gonna have to ask tomorrow.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
This tutorials cant be so god since everyone has flamed this guy who made them o.o

peachori

Smash Journeyman
i feel your pain smashtom, for i too often have no one to play with

but seriously if the peach vid was any worse i'd have to pretty much quit peach and find a new main

rawsex88

Smash Ace
i too have no one to play with. although i am a aware of all the advanced moves. i feel bad for the guy. it seems he puts alot of effort into recording and editing these videos. i must admit though, i had my share of laughs. i commend this smashtom. where is he from any way?

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
Smashtom should have gathered information on competitive smash battling before making these crappy videos.
Also, a question for Earthbound360, the starter of this thread:
Do you really think these are good tutorials, or you were only being sarcastic?

rawsex88

Smash Ace
it is evident that it was sarcasm after witnessing the videos. i am not poking fun, it is the truth; but everyone has made that clear.

SipherothXIII

Smash Apprentice
He is still a lot better than a lot of other players i have seen. He is actually real good compared to some people i know. These people being people that have had the game a lot longer than i have and claim to be good but can't even beat a lvl 9 comp 1v1. My friend a few weeks ago lost to a lvl 9. I thought thought my friend was joking when he said he was good. Turns out he wasn't joking. He strongly believes that the only reason i beat him is because i wavedash. Oh man, u guys just had to be there to see the level i suck my friend was at.

goblin

Smash Journeyman
oh man i came across those vids on youtube... Horrible.

although, if he was able to figure out all that stuff on his own... id say thats SORTA worth commending. eh maybe not.

Somasu

Smash Ace
You know, while I realize that he is nowhere near a good player in competitive smash, I actually do enjoy watching some of his videos. I think they're kinda amusing. Sure, the combos in those videos would probably never work on a human at a high level of play, but still, give the guy a break.

The guy's flamed enough, as is, so why add fuel to the fire? If anything, I think we'd all be better off teaching the guy and giving him advice instead of just complaining about how bad he is.

I mean, I do poke fun at the guy from time to time, but that's all in good fun. I don't hate the guy or think he's an idiot for posting his videos. He's just an inexperienced, casual smasher that wanted to share what he does with people, and there ain't nothing wrong with that.

Least that's my two cents...

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Haha i am totally using DashnBash as a tactic now.. who could have guessed bowser would have an inescapable combo and all it is is

Dash Dash Dash Forward Smash

Top Bottom