• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The `Greatest Thread in the Universe` Meta-Thread

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Huh. The reception of the ending was about as much as I expected. The ending of Madoka just felt kind of lukewarm to me. I legitimately thought Homura would be dead by the end of the series, but her ending role makes sense too.

Not sure if I would call it a bittersweet end. It was among the better ends that I thought it could have had. There wasn't enough zetsubou in the end eps, IMO. Though Homu-homu had her fair share.

Now that I've finished it and think about the impact of the series, I'm not entirely sure where to put this show for me. It surprised me and enraptured me for most of the duration, but the ending (and I guess the break) kinda cooled my enthusiasm.

A great but not amazing series, I think. I think overall I enjoyed Level E the most out of Win '11 season.

On another note, is anyone else here watching Dororon Enma-kun? That **** is fantastic.

Kizumonogatari is set to be amazing, I think. Mirai Nikki will fall into the category of other manga-turned-anime I was excited about (Fairy Tail, Death Eater, Freezing [which was awful], Gosick and what I think will happen with Deadman Wonderland); It's good as a standalone, but is kinda flawed compared to the written source material. Like I feel like I should have watched the anime and then went to the manga. But I'll give it a chance.

Ending of MN was dumb, so I kinda agree with Thio.

:phone:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Last Season total Anime sales thus far:

62,097 *1 Madoka Magica [DVD+BD] -> This is only a week after release, plus "presumed" reduces sales due to BD recalls (the first batch of BDs are dodgy)
35,501 *4 IS [DVD+BD]
*7,475 *2 Kiminitodoke 2ND SEASON Vol.1 [DVD]
*6,242 *2 Freezing Vol.1 [DVD+BD]
*4,846 *3 Yumekui Merī 1 [DVD+BD]
*3,954 *2 Zombie Desu ka? [DVD+BD]
*3,766 *1 Starry☆Sky vol.1~Episode Capricorn~ [DVD]
*3,141 *4 Onni-chan!! 1 [DVD+BD]( DVD sold less than 891 copies)
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
*1,896 *1 Level E 1 [DVD]
*1,156 *1 Mitsudomoe 1 [DVD+BD],DVD sold less than 1,016 copies
**,883 *1 Fractale with Nendoroid figure [DVD+BD]
**,562 *1 Dragon Crisis!! [DVD+BD], DVD sold less than 615 copies

So in other words, Madoka vol1 is the highest selling first week sales TV anime of all time (bluray sales). And is the highest selling first week/first volume of all time (*).

Bakemonogatari's first volume was 45k~ish first week total sales, for reference. The last volume which contained the 'final episodes' not aired on tv was like 72k in the first week (51k BD though).

Best volume sales:
Evangelion (TV) has 114K sales (original sales on VHS btw, rereleases on DVD and such aren't counted [which are like by themselves in the 200k range])
Bakemonogatari is around the 84K mark (their 4th volume funnily enough)
K-On's best reached about 59k.

-

First volume, first week sales (*):

Madoka - 62,097
GUNDAM SEED DESTINY - 56,760
Bakemonogatari - 44,885
K-On! - 40,452
Macross Frontier - 39,548
Code Geass - 36,634
Code Geass R2 - 36,000
Angel Beats! - 34,857
Gundam 00 S2 - 34,500
Neon Genesis Evangelion - 30,519
K-On!! - 30,378
GUNDAM SEED - 30,147
Infinite Stratos - 29,368
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - 28,729
Lucky Star - 25,917
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2009 - 21,812

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
is anyone gonna watch the series over again after all the BDVDs are out

I'm totally gonna do it

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
There's blueray translated versions of Madoka volume 1 out.

I'll prob get them.

From what I heard, the nicovideo releases were slightly different (usually extra content), which I'd hope would be in the bluray releases.

Also IS is godly popular, it's crazy.
Like IS is one of the most popular anime of all time... already... LOL.

Hey.. .what the ****, you can have animated avatars now?

culexus・wau

No I'm just magical

I cheated the system, inquire in #lucario.

also like the changes are kinda quality upp-ish

[collapse=Ep 2 Changes]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Mami Appartment]
[/collapse]

Zero

Smash Hero
Mami's apartment was better in the TV imo. It emphasises the fact that MAHOU SHOUJO do nothing but mahou shoujo and
turn into witches

culexus・wau

I think that too

but then you realize that ALL THAT STUFF is her family's stuff

her dead family's stuff.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I thought the whole imagery in the apartment was meant to allude to her being lonely/tragic.

wtf with the update Shaft.

Also flamewave, animated gifs are against the rules, even though there are "means" of getting around them. Another moderator/admin will spot it and tell you to change and if you don't give you infrakshons.

So let that be fair warning that you should change the avatar.

Zero

Smash Hero
But Shaya, lonely people crowd their rooms with ornaments because they're lonely and need to fill the vapid void in their life.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I think the lack of colour/stuff did a lot better at showing that then LOTS OF COLOUR, LOTS OF COLOURFUL THINGS, HAPPINESS, BRIGHTNESS, etc.

LIKE, early episodes showing it being bare while the last episode mami/kyouko scene could have been really good showing it bright to really juxtapose the "dark, grim, despair" to "bright, happy, hope".

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
However, Shaft is pretty famous for having pretty bleh backgrounds... so I suppose the staff didn't really make that "connection" of imagery in the first place and thought distinct updating of things which they often fail in (AS IN: BACKGROUNDS) was a good idea.

However Shaft's bland but metaphoric backgrounds are notable as well.
Such as the Playground swing in bakemonogatari with catgirl having the "shadows" look like a prison cell within a house.

Top Bottom