• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Grinder - High Voltage

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
haha....

"FROM THE COMPANY THAT BROUGHT YOU THE CONDUIT"
That does sound like a movie trailer...

Although I too find it funny that, contrary to what is said in the trailer, they have yet to bring us the conduit.

EDIT: It looks way better than the screen shots. It's really, really weird.

If the engine can making last gen screen shots look like next gen games, I want to know what this engine can do with next gen screen shots. :)

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
I guess I can give this game a try if it has 100 monsters on one screen.

Does anyone know how much it will cost?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Looks like a ripoff of Painkiller.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I guess I can give this game a try if it has 100 monsters on one screen.

Does anyone know how much it will cost?
I don't know, but I would guess between 50 and 60 dollars. Just about every wii game is $50, but every Xbox 360 and PS3 game is $60.

Looks like a ripoff of Painkiller.
It looks like a rip off of *insert generic horror themed game here*.

Just like the conduit looks like a rip off of *insert alien FPS here*.

I agree. Does it matter?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Conduit is an amalgamation in a sense, and it has some unique flair.

This is basically the game Painkiller but replacing skeleton demons with scamps...

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Conduit is an amalgamation in a sense, and it has some unique flair.

This is basically the game Painkiller but replacing skeleton demons with scamps...
I have seen this compared to so many games I believe the word amalgamation is once again applicable.

Is it Painkiller? Left 4 Dead? Helsing? They are all very different games, so I am led to believe. If it is a combination of all those games into one, then that in and of itself makes Grinder unique, as no one has previously has taken those concepts this far.

I agree, however, that this looks somewhat generic. It needs three things before it can be great (for me)-

1. puzzle elements, an "All seeing eye" of some sort.
2. mystery and intrigue. Some sense of being against something greater than yourself, a mysterious enemy that has already won.
3. Level diversity and color. I love it when a game has you awestruck by the scenery.

Of course, there is naturally a laundry list of other things other people can come up with. I just love puzzle elements and a sense of being against enemies for which your victory is not certain.

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
I don't know, but I would guess between 50 and 60 dollars. Just about every wii game is $50, but every Xbox 360 and PS3 game is $60.

It looks like a rip off of *insert generic horror themed game here*.

Just like the conduit looks like a rip off of *insert alien FPS here*.

I agree. Does it matter?
Good, because I'll be in the money soon. (When I hit it big)
So I guess you'll be getting this game too right?
(Like darkslash might.)

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Good, because I'll be in the money soon. (When I hit it big)
So I guess you'll be getting this game too right?
(Like darkslash might.)
This one, I'm not so sure.

Probably, but I'm a huge fan of online multiplayer - it's pretty much the only reason I play FPS's. If it's online Co-op only, I might have to reconsider.

Still, I like the idea of Wii FPS's, so I might get it anyway.

I guess it depends on what I here about it between now and release.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I have seen this compared to so many games I believe the word amalgamation is once again applicable.

Is it Painkiller? Left 4 Dead? Helsing? They are all very different games, so I am led to believe. If it is a combination of all those games into one, then that in and of itself makes Grinder unique, as no one has previously has taken those concepts this far.

I agree, however, that this looks somewhat generic. It needs three things before it can be great (for me)-

1. puzzle elements, an "All seeing eye" of some sort.
2. mystery and intrigue. Some sense of being against something greater than yourself, a mysterious enemy that has already won.
3. Level diversity and color. I love it when a game has you awestruck by the scenery.

Of course, there is naturally a laundry list of other things other people can come up with. I just love puzzle elements and a sense of being against enemies for which your victory is not certain.
Hellsing is a manga first of all..its pretty bloody entertaining..and bloody.

From the trailer it seems that you'll be fighting from the desert, underground caves and grotto's, to cities and cliff sides.. Seems varied enough.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Hellsing is a manga first of all..its pretty bloody entertaining..and bloody.

From the trailer it seems that you'll be fighting from the desert, underground caves and grotto's, to cities and cliff sides.. Seems varied enough.
I know Helsing is a Manga. But the way you described it, I thought it was also a video game. My bad.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I know Helsing is a Manga. But the way you described it, I thought it was also a video game. My bad.
Also Helsing is how you spell the name in Bram Stoker's Dracula and Hellsing is how you spell it in the manga.

Also it seems that the characters have background stories that may find their way into the main game. It could prove fundamental when AJ see's a Slasher and goes completely berserk on them.

Actually if that ever happens I want a song like this in the background.

Also I can assume a Slasher appears in the pre E3 trailer. Its the one wielding an axe.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
This game makes me very happy just by looking at it. Here's to hoping there's more than just those bat-boy monsters in the final build.

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
Well done HVS, you guys made me like a co-op only game.
When is it coming out anyway?

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
Holiday season 2010.

Too early to get hyped. sorry :urg:
That's a long time huh?
HVS told us how the gameplay is so............. why not?
I like this game, but I'm not calling it the best game ever.
(That's GameInformer's job, lol)

@darkslash: We might see a new trailer at E3.
Only time will tell.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Lol, the IGN guy kept dying (saved by demo's invincibility mode).
They suck at videogames.

Looks pretty cool. Those scamp/imp things are vampires.
Most strange. Still, the atmosphere is a lot more unique than I would have though.
Looks pretty funky, this is definitely on my radar.

Top Bottom